Opening Earth Part 2 - Cover

Opening Earth Part 2

Copyright© 2016 by REP

Chapter 6

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Doug Smith has presented his Ambassadorial Credentials to the UN. Now his associates, four full-time lovers, two part-time lovers, and Doug have to begin his Multiverse Mission - changing Earth's social structures and convincing Earth's people that they need to join the Multiverse.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Aliens   Humiliation   Polygamy/Polyamory   Politics   Slow  

I arrived a little early for my appointment with Sergei, and was immediately ushered into his office.

“Yarl Wilson, who is my installation foreman, Tim, and I, reviewed the pictures that Tim Hart took at your ranch. Tim told us that you plan to set up a temporary Embassy Compound on your ranch, and live in it for a year or two. Is that right?”

“Yes, but we hope it will only be a little over a year from the time we move in, until we can move into the Embassy.”

“Yarl mentioned that you are thinking of installing a security system for your temporary location. He suggested that we use your Embassy equipment to install a force field to protect the perimeter of your temporary facility, and to arm your people with energy rifles and neural disruptor rifles. If you feel it’s necessary, we could also install an energy cannon. Once you move into the Embassy, we can relocate the equipment.”

“I have been planning on an inner defense perimeter for our temporary living area, Sergei, but an energy cannon is probably more than we need at this point. I doubt we will have any serious problems in the next five or six years. If things do start getting serious, I will have you increase our defensive weaponry. I don’t expect the temporary site to be ready for the equipment for about two months. We need to build the pads, install the buildings and equipment, and run the utility lines out to our site.

“That reminds me of a question that my architect asked me, Sergei. We need to run water, sewage, and electrical lines from our utility equipment to the reservoir, and to other locations on the ranch. This means the lines will have to go under the Embassy compound’s defensive perimeter and the force field. How far down into the ground does the force field extend, and will it interfere with the flow of electricity, water, and sewage?”

“Doug, the force field generator creates a bubble that completely surrounds the force field generators. When we link multiple field generators together, the fields merge and the size of the bubble expands to surround all of the generators.

“The electrical, waste, and water lines that are laid beneath the inner perimeter won’t be affected by the force field when it’s operating in the Normal and Level 1 operating modes. When it’s in the Level 2 mode, the field stops the flow of fluids through the pipes and electrons through the conductors. If you recall, nothing will pass through the force field when it’s in the Level 2 mode of operation. When the operating mode reverts to Normal or Level 1, the flow is restored.

“However, there is one exception. When in the Level 2 mode of operation, we need to determine when an attack has ended. We install sensors beyond the outer limit of the bubble and connect them to the generator’s control system. The electrical wiring to these sensors is run through special shielded cables that the bubble cannot penerate during the Level 2 mode of operation.”

“All right, I’ll let my architect know. I am also curious about the difference between the security training a Police Officer gets, and what a Security Guard receives?”

“That’s an interesting question, Doug. The average Police Officer receives the basics of how to protect the public’s property, and how to protect someone like a witness when transporting them to court, or when protecting a prisoner while they are in their custody. Other than that, police aren’t trained in security measures. Now your average Security Guard receives even less training. They are usually hired to just watch a business during normal business hours, and/or the area around it after the business is closed for the night. Their primary function is to look for any suspicious behavior or unusual occurrences, and report them to their supervisors, or to the police.

“However, if you are thinking of Security Consultants such as my people and me, then we receive far more training than a police officer. We receive more intensive training, and we are trained in a variety of areas that the police training doesn’t address.

“Now why did you ask me this question?”

“I suspect you heard about the encounter between Miss Eva Shell and me? I noticed that my people handled that encounter in the lobby of Hotel Trinity very differently than the woman’s bodyguards did. I got to thinking about the two approaches, and wondered why two groups of bodyguards used two totally different approaches. The only thing that came to my mind was, I had ex-Police Officers, while hers were regular Security Guards.”

“Two things, Doug. Bodyguards and security guards are very different. Security guards protect property, and bodyguards protect people. Their training is totally different, so you can’t compare the two professions. You also need to remember that just because a person is guarding another person, doesn’t mean they are trained bodyguards.

“Now what did you mean by different approaches?”

“Well, when Miss Shell approached Tom Hauser, she was about four feet in front of her bodyguards. My bodyguards are always ahead, behind, and flanking us. When she stopped to talk to Tom, her bodyguards stopped about two feet behind her, and three feet on each side of her. Jim and Patty moved to stand beside me, and slightly to each side. When Miss Shell became agitated regarding my offer to wait and Rita confronting her, her bodyguards remained where they were, and drew their stunners. Jim and Patty moved to a position in front and slightly to each side of me. Gary and Frank were well off to the sides of her bodyguards. All four of them had their hands on their weapons, but didn’t draw them. I don’t know enough to tell who was handling the situation best.”

“I’m surprised you noticed that much detail, Doug. Most people are clueless about what is happening around them in that type of situation. From your description, I would say your peoples’ actions were correct. Miss Shell’s people definitely made several mistakes. Mistakes that a trained bodyguard shouldn’t have made.

“Their first mistake was allowing a client to take the lead position. That usually places the client in a very exposed position. Their second mistake was stopping behind her. That put them in a poor position, if they had to respond to a threat. Their third mistake was drawing their stunners when their client was not being threatened. Bodyguards need to control their client’s movements in a way that allows them to be in position to protect the client; and, if possible, they should defuse tense situations and not escalate them by responding with a threat of violence.”

“Why would a bodyguard respond that way, Sergei?”

“As I said, a well-trained bodyguard wouldn’t, Doug. I suspect their actions were due to poor or inadequate training, and an arrogant client. Miss Shell sounds like she is one of those people who hire bodyguards for appearances. She probably has no threat against her welfare, but people notice her being followed around by two bodyguards, and that makes her the center of attention. If that’s the case, she wouldn’t appreciate her bodyguards preventing her from getting the attention she wants. Most Security Consultants who provide bodyguard services avoid that type of client. They are almost impossible to protect, and the Consultant is going to get the blame if the client is injured.

“It sounds to me like you are concerned with the level of your people’s training. Why do you think that your people need more training?”

“A number of things have happened to me since I arrived on Vora that have caused me to question the level of security that my ex-Police Officers are providing me. Don’t get me wrong, Sergei. I think they are doing the best they can, and I’m probably in very good hands for most situations.

“I learned a number of things after the confrontation I had with Miss Shell. Kendrick believes that Henry Archer’s death may not be the accident everyone has been allowed to believe it was. Once he explained things to me, I tend to agree with him. Kendrick also told me about some of the threats he has received against my life. He has been pushing me to have a higher level of security than I am comfortable having around me. There is a group of people that decided to increase my level of security, by giving my existing security people the authority to carry lethal weapons. That got me thinking about the competence of my people and comparing them to someone like you. What I’m interested in, is finding a training academy that can provide my people with the training necessary for them to acquire the skills and knowledge you obviously have.”

“Doug, there are private schools that can improve your people’s ability, but they won’t bring them up to the level of expertise and standards that I and my people have. I have more than twenty-five years of experience in my line of work, and a lot of my knowledge is not taught in any school. I hire people who graduate from the better training academies, and then I provide them with additional on-the-job training and as much experience as I can. As they continue working for me, they gain additional experience and improve their abilities even further.

“If you’re thinking of sending your people to an academy, I can suggest several that will give your people a much better understanding of providing security to a person than they currently have. But, what you really need is two or three people who have abilities similar to those of my people, to be in charge of your Security Group. The ones I could suggest to you would be good for managing your estate security, but I doubt they would want to go to Earth.”

“What do you think, Kendrick? Would the addition of several people like Sergei is describing make you feel more comfortable about the level of security I’m getting?”

“That would definitely be a start, Doug. But the way you expose yourself in public is my main concern. Most of the estate’s security group is comprised of Security Guards, not bodyguards; and, as Sergei said, there’s a big difference. Henry stayed mostly on the estate, so Security Guards kept people off the estate, and that was adequate for him. You are in public areas, and you need bodyguards. I thought your ex-Police Officers were adequate for your situation. But the number you take with you on trips, is not enough to provide you with adequate coverage. In most situations, you need at least eight people watching over you. Two or three people are not enough. That’s especially true due to the number of people in your group, when you travel. So, your security group may need to be even larger.

“If you were traveling by yourself, I would be comfortable with you having three bodyguards. That would allow two of them to remain close to you, while the third person would be free to move around, if the situation requires it. If you have five or six people with you, I feel you need ten to twelve bodyguards to protect your group. At least two would be near you, and the others would stay on the perimeter of your group.

“Kendrick is right about a larger number of people, Doug;. Although I would distribute your people differently. With well-trained professional bodyguards, it might be possible to reduce your coverage to six or eight people for a large group. What is the situation like for you on Earth? When we discussed the security situation for your Embassy, you told me that you are expecting problems in the future. Planning defenses for the Embassy before you need them is a good thing. But, you need to apply that forethought to creating a group of people who will provide you with adequate protection when you are in public places.”

“All right, you two, I can see that you are right and I need more and better security than I thought I did. I promise I will rectify the situation as fast as I can.

“Sergei, if you will give Kendrick a recommendation for a couple of Security Experts; he can hire them, and put them in charge of the estate’s security. That reminds me of a topic I planned to talk with you about. I told Edgar that I would have you evaluate the estate’s security, and upgrade it as required. Which do you think would be best: you evaluate the estate, or let the people you recommend do the evaluation?

“The best option, Doug, is for one of my people ... and the people I recommend ... to work as a team in doing the evaluation.”

“Okay, do it.

“Kendrick, after I return to Earth, I want you to see that the Estate’s Security Group gets any training and equipment that they may need ... and that includes the security guards in addition to my detail of bodyguards. I would prefer it if both groups were familiar with the other’s role. If the people Sergei recommends feel that I need professional bodyguards to accompany me during my travels in the Multiverse, hire them. I may not like it, but I will let my security people do their job the way it should be done. It seems stupid to me for someone, like Eva Shell, to hire people to protect her, and then refuse to do what they tell her to do for her safety.”

Sergei said, “That’s a good way to look at it, Doug; but remember, Eva Shell most likely wants attention, not protection.”

“True. I will discuss this matter with my security people on Earth, and instigate a similar security upgrade there.”

“Doug, I’m aware that you know a portion of my firm is owned by the Archer Conglomerate. As a result, Chairman Smart and I have talked about your situation on several occasions ... and yes, I am one of those people you referred to earlier as wanting you to increase your security.

“I am very much aware of your situation. At Harry’s request, I tasked one of my people with looking into those threats on your life that you mentioned. He wasn’t able to trace the threats to a specific person or group, Doug, but he did find indications that there may be an organized effort to stop you from doing something. I let Harry know what we found, and my thoughts on the situation. He passed that on to Maribel.”

“That sounds ridiculous, Sergei. To the best of my knowledge, I’m not doing anything that would cause other people a problem.”

“I know, Doug, but what you are not considering is other people may not see the situation the same way you do. You are the Ambassador to Earth, and a very wealthy man. Those two things mean that you are in a position, and have the ability, to change the way commerce is conducted in the Multiverse. The possibility of what you could do in that position is bound to scare some people. They may decide to remove you from your position, to prevent you from doing something they would otherwise be unable to prevent. That’s one possibility.

“Then there is a second, similar possibility. There are probably a dozen people in the Multiverse who have the wealth, position, and power to affect commerce in the Multiverse. Most of these people try to control the direction our commerce takes. They look on it as a very serious game, and they play the game according to a set of rules that they each make for themselves. The average Multiverse citizen is not aware that they play this game, and they are unaware of how it affects them.

“Henry was one of those powerful people, but he did not want to play the game. However, as the majority stockholder in the Archer Conglomeration, he was in a position where he had to play the game to some extent. At the time you inherited Henry’s estate, you were a slightly wealthy, but an average Multiverse citizen. I doubt you were even aware of the games these people play, much less how they play it.

“Your situation has changed drastically over the past months, Doug. Inheriting Henry’s estate, and being appointed the Ambassador to Earth, has made you a very powerful player in the game of commerce. The other players are not going to give you a choice, Doug. You are now on their game board, and you are an unknown factor. They don’t like unknown factors. They like to remove factors they don’t understand, so those factors won’t upset the balance of power in the game. They may act as individuals, but if they perceive you as an active player, they might form an alliance if they think you’re too strong for just one of them. Your only chance for survival is to become a strong enough player to put them on the defensive.”

“Did one of them arrange Henry’s accident?”

“That’s one of several possibilities, Doug.”

“It sounds like I need to create a power base while they are in the process of trying to get me.”

“No, Doug, you already have a power base. What you need to do is learn how to use the power base that you already have, and to learn the game and the rules the other players follow. That’s the primary reason Maribel wants to talk to you. Harry, Kendrick, and I know a lot about the situation, but Maribel knows far more than we do. Plus she knows some of the rules they play by. She’s the best one to explain this to you.

“Your being based on Earth is both a strength and a weakness. It makes it difficult for them to strike at you, but you have difficulty remaining in contact with events occurring in the Multiverse. You will also lose your advantage when Multiverse traders start arriving on Earth to trade.”

“Is Guild Master Moore aware of this?”

“He undoubtedly knows a little, but I doubt he understands the little he does know. I also doubt he is aware of the game these people are playing. Remember very few people are aware of the game, Doug. The only reason I know about it, is Chairman Smart felt I needed to understand your situation in order to see that you are adequately protected.”

“How do I go about learning the game, Sergei, if the only ones that know about it are the people playing it?”

“There are people who know about the game, Doug, even though they are not active players. As I said ... talk with Maribel. She’s one of the people that know about the game. Harry and Kendrick know some of it, but Maribel knows far more than they do. Her position places her on the periphery of the game, and she understands its basics even though she is not an active player. I suppose you could consider her to be a bit player in the game for her actions can affect the game’s outcomes.”

“Kendrick, why is it that I am just now being informed of this game, and everything else that has been surfacing lately?”

Kendrick said, “The main reason, Doug, is Harry and I believed you would have a couple of years to gradually coming up to speed on these things. We did not expect is the speed at which events are happening. It seems as if you scared someone badly and they are responding now.”

“Do we have any idea of who initiated the move, Kendrick?”

“We don’t know that one of the power players is behind what is happening, Doug; But for the moment, let’s assume that it’s one of the players. Harry told me that according to Maribel, it’s one of about six people. She said the other players lack the subtlety of this group of players, and the moves of the average players are reasonably easy to detect and trace. These people are considered to be the Masters of this game, and when they make a move, it’s almost impossible to trace the move back to them.”

“Why is that, Kendrick?”

“Maribel says that when they make a move, it’s not obvious that a move has been made. If you see that something is happening that’s about the only sign that a move has been made. Their moves will often benefit someone other than the player at first. Most people would try to trace the financial gain back to the person it benefits. The search effort will identify a person, but it will fail to identify who made the move because the move doesn’t immediately benefit the person who made the move. It can take years for the person who made the move to reap the benefits, and by then there is almost no way to trace the benefits back to the move that created them.

“So far the only way one of these major players has ever been caught is for one of their accomplices to talk to the authorities. The authorities believe what they are told because the veracity equipment confirms their stories. However, there is never a direct connection between the player, his people, and the people committing the activities required by the player’s move. Furthermore, most of the activities prompted by a move are legal, so the player can’t be charged with a crime.”

“Sending a Twixt threatening a person’s life is a crime, isn’t it?”

Kendrick said, “Yes, it is. However, if we ever find the person or people who have been sending those Twixts, we will find no link between them and the person who instructed them to send the Twixts. The person will believe, or at least say, that they acted on their own, and don’t recall anyone telling or urging them to send the Twixts.”

Oh!

“Yeah, as I said: extremely subtle, and no proof ever linking the Master Player to their move. Doug, don’t get focused on this group of players. That would be a mistake.

“The people who play this game don’t warn their targets. Their minions strike without warning, so the people who sent the death threats may be acting on their own. However, if one of the players is involved, the death threat may be a warning without the intent to take action, or it could be a subtle way to divert attention from them. Your bodyguards have to be aware of all possibilities, and focusing on the players could lead them into trying to anticipate the type of threat they must counter.”

“Does it really matter if someone is trying to kill me?”

“Yes, it does, Doug. A professional would approach killing you differently than an amateur. Amateurs are more likely to attack directly, from close up, using hand-held weapons; while the professionals would distance themselves from you, and may use a remotely-controlled weapon such as an explosive device.”

I said, “I suppose you made my bodyguards aware of this, or at least some of it, and that’s why they have been so alert.”

“Yes, I told them there is a serious threat against you, but I have no way of knowing when, where, or how the person or group making the threat will attempt to carry it out.”

Turning back to Sergei, I said, “Harry told me that he shipped some equipment to you, and that you will want me to take it back to Earth with me. How many shelters of equipment do you have for me?”

“We received four shipments, Doug, and we’ve consolidated them into six standard cargo shelters. I would appreciate you taking them with you on this trip for I need the space they are taking up in my warehouse for other things.”

“I’ll take care of it, Sergei. Where’s the warehouse?”

“It’s out back. Come on, I’ll introduce you to my warehouse manager.”

The six cargo containers were close to my mass limit, all by themselves; but I hopped them, Kendrick, and my bodyguards to First Stop. An hour later, I hopped us back to our hotel room.

Rita had invited my folks to join us for dinner at the hotel that evening. I think they wanted to talk about the wedding and reception, as much as they could before we left for Earth. I doubted Mom and Dad would want to ride the Transfer Tube home late at night. So, I reserved a room for them, so they could stay the night.

Once Rita and I finished helping Ken and Kim with ordering their meals, my mom, Rita, and Cindy started talking about the wedding arrangements. I heard Mom talking about my two ladies needing to select wedding gowns, and the time needed for fittings.

“Ah ... Mom, don’t forget that Betty and Carol will need dresses, also.”

Mom’s reactions were mixed. She was surprised and irritated with herself, to have overlooked them. My dad just smiled and gave his head a small shake. When I had started talking with Mom, the mood had changed. Kim had asked Rita what I was saying, and Rita started translating for Kim and Ken.

“There are a few things that I need to take care of, before you make any firm plans, Mom. First of all, I have to ask them to marry me.”

Cindy said, “That just a formality, Doug. I know they love you and want to marry you. The four of us girls have discussed it many times.”

“Okay I guess we can assume they will say Yes. However, according to Kendrick, there is a law on Slave World that sets the requirements that must be met, before a slave’s owner can marry their slave. The first step is for me to file a ‘Disclosure of Intent to Marry a Slave’ form with the Slave World Government. Once I have done that, the Registrar of Records arranges an appointment for Betty, Carol, and me to meet with them, and discuss the marriage.

“As you know, a slave does have a few rights. In addition to being properly treated, a slave can’t be forced to marry another person. The appointment will ensure that Betty and Carol’s rights are not being violated.

“After the interview shows that they are not being forced into marriage, I will be given a certificate that makes it legal for me to marry Betty and Carol. Without the certificate, the ceremony would be illegal, and I could have charges filed against me by the courts. It could take several days to get everything taken care of, but Andrew may be able to expedite matters for us.

“Will you all want the same style of dress, or are you going to pick different styles? Also, will this be one ceremony, or will you each want a separate ceremony? I’m assuming that if you opt for separate ceremonies that the ceremonies will all be on the same day with a single reception. I suppose we could have separate weddings and receptions if you want, but if so, who goes first?”

Cindy said, “Doug, when we talked, we decided to have a single group wedding followed by a single reception. We didn’t discuss dresses.”

Looking at Mom, I asked, “How long will it take to find a dress?”

“I suppose that will depend on your ladies. If they want to wear identical wedding dresses, they will have to reach a common consensus, which might be difficult if they want different things. What’s your preference, Doug?”

My preference! I didn’t know the groom got a say in what the bride wore.”

Mom said, “They don’t normally, but there may be four different opinions. Since all four of your women want to make you happy, I thought that your opinion might help in resolving any differences in opinions.”

My dad added, “Yeah, and other than that, you’re right. You don’t have a say in what they want to do. The best thing to do is just nod your head and smile.”

My mom gave my dad a dirty look, and she then looked at me. I nodded my head at Dad and smiled. My dad got another dirty look. Then I got a dirty look from Rita and Cindy.

“Whatever they decide to wear will be fine with me, Mom. I have no preference, although I think Carla was exceptional pretty in that cream-colored dress she wore at her wedding. I sort of see my ladies in a dress that is loose fitting at the top and flows outward at the bottom. I don’t think a dress that’s tight would be a good style for all of the ladies, but it would look good on one or two of them.

“Dresses that drag on the ground behind the bride always look nice as she is coming down the aisle, but I have heard that they are a major problem when the bride has to turn around and go back up the aisle. A friend of mine told me his wife tripped over her dress and broke her wrist.”

“Yes, I remember your sister in a similar dress; it was gorgeous. However the style isn’t right for your ladies. Carla was pregnant and the dress was designed to conceal. Your ladies have nothing to conceal so they can wear a very revealing dress.”

Rita looked over to my mom and said, “Don’t count on it, Marsha. Doug and I have had our anti-fertility implants removed and Cindy never had one. Cindy and I are ready for motherhood, and if Doug doesn’t get us back here soon enough, we may need that type of dress.”

Mom loves grandchildren, so Rita’s comment made Mom very happy. It won’t matter to Mom if I get my ladies pregnant before or after I marry them. The only things she cares about are that I marry them, and that I get them pregnant. The order of occurrence isn’t important to her.

Rita and Kim were having a private discussion and Kim’s demeanor seemed a bit cool, as if something was bothering her.

“Is there something wrong, Kim?”

“Yes. Was that comment about slaves having rights aimed at me?”

“No, Kim, I didn’t even think of you when I said that.

“In the Multiverse, there are three levels of precedence in our legal system: Multiverse, Universe, and Planetary. Planetary Law takes precedence over the other two, and the laws of the Multiverse Government have the lowest level of precedence. However, the laws governing commerce are the other way around with Multiverse law taking precedence over the other two.

“There is a law made by the Multiverse Government that a person who buys a slave must provide the slave with proper treatment. Everyone in the Multiverse is familiar with that law and is required to comply with it as long as it doesn’t conflict with a law of higher precedence. However the law about marrying a slave that I was referring to was made on Slave World. Other worlds don’t have that law, and they may not understand why Slave World made it a law.

“Some of us on Vora can become irritated by having to comply with a law made by another planet. Especially if we don’t understand why the law was created. What I was doing, was reminding everyone that slaves have rights, and Slave World’s law was enacted to safeguard Betty and Carol’s rights to proper treatment. I was also reminding them that since I bought Betty and Carol on Slave World, I must comply with all of the laws applicable to my purchase, even if I am not on Slave World.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.