In Her Genes - Cover

In Her Genes

Copyright© 2015 by Argon

Chapter 14: Sneaky Sister

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 14: Sneaky Sister - Within a second of meeting her, David Olson is head over heels over troubled young actress Melanie Renault - literally. Montana country boy and LA trust fund kid suddenly depend on each other and must overcome resentment, fear, guilt and insecurity.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Celebrity   Restart  

Judy and Dani came to LA for David's graduation. The mood was tense and David had the distinct impression that neither his mother nor his sister were particularly happy with his decisions. This did not come unexpected for him and he shrugged it off. He was done trying to make others happy. It was time for him to reinvent himself after his own fashion.

Melanie was notably absent from the celebrations, something that ticked off Dani even more. When they had all got their diplomas and had dutifully thrown their mortarboards into the air, David joined Judy and Dani, but also Josh who demonstratively gave him a big hug. Judy, temporarily consoled by David's very good grades, hugged him fiercely. Only Dani was hesitant. David held her at arm's length.

"Look, Beany, I'm probably more sorry that things didn't work out with Mel and me than anybody else, maybe except for Mel."

"How could you fuck this up so badly?" Dani charged him.

Josh spoke up immediately. "I have to take David's side here. Mel treated him like shit for over 6 weeks while she was chasing rainbows. I wouldn't have stood for that kind of treatment either."

"But she was coming back home!" Dani maintained. "You should have..."

"Danielle, stop it!" Judy said sternly. "Neither of us knows what really happened. He's your brother. At least find out before you accuse him."

"Some brother! Packing up and moving to the end of the world just out of spite!"

David felt the anger boil up. "Out of spite, huh? If I recall things, you asked me to front you the money for that prep school. One of the reasons I'm going to Granada is saving money. For your education. To get you into that prep school and to have enough left so you'll be able to attend a good college. Oh, and you're welcome!"

Dani turned a lovely shade of purple hearing this, Judy gaped at her son and Josh smiled at David.

"I suspected that when Mel told me that you wanted to save money by going to Spain. Danielle, I'm not your stepfather yet, but take it from me – now's the time to say you're sorry."

"Sorry," Dani squeaked before she dissolved into tears.

David moved close and took her into his arms until she calmed down. The he kissed her forehead.

"Can you understand my reasons now?"

She nodded, not trusting her voice. Judy gave him an exasperated look.

"I don't know whether to hug you and turn you over me knee! When did you plan to tell us? And how do you know that I haven't put money aside for Danielle?"

Still holding his sister close, he shrugged. "Mom, whatever you can save off a deputy's pay won't get her into a top tier school. I was lucky getting my scholarships, but things are dicier for Dani, what with the lousy girls' athletic program at Clearwater High. Her one chance is to get exposure during her senior year. You know my original plan, right? I'd try to get drafted and spend three years on rookie pay, putting enough aside to bankroll Dani's college. That's not an option now, but the settlement money from Mel is enough if I don't waste it by going to a fancy med school. Really, why do I need big shot professors to become a surgeon in Clearwater? Plus, I'll see something of the world. I'll have enough funds left to travel and see Europe while I'm there. It's almost perfect for me. My one reason to stay here would have been Mel, but when I decided to go to Granada I saw no chance with her anyway."

"The girl loves you," Judy stated.

"Yes, and I love her. I still can't be her boyfriend. Not right now, and maybe not for some time. Part of it is about me. I need to get over a few things. Part of it is that Mel has that acting itch and when it hits she becomes an obsessive bitch. I'm afraid I'll start to hate her if that happens again."

"So you're also using this money saving argument to run away from her, huh?" Dani asked without any reproach.

"Honestly, no. There are other things I'm trying to get a distance from. Basketball is one of them. It's one of my hang-ups. I loved the game, but now that I'm not able to play it anymore, I hate it, hate hearing about it, hate being reminded of it. Mel going kissy face with a Lakers player didn't help either."

"Oh shit!" Dani moaned. "Can't you play for fun?"

"Know of any Zombie league? The way I move I couldn't keep pace in wheelchair basketball."

"That's nonsense!" Judy said angrily. "A half year ago you needed help to change your underwear. Now look at how you can walk again. This time next year, you'll be jogging and playing whatever game you want. Not professionally, but at least for fun."

"Mom, sorry, but you don't know what you're talking. Playing for the Trojans, even as a bench dweller, I was somebody, I had an identity. Now I'm just a small town boy who goes to med school to become a small town doctor – big fuckin' deal!"

"And you hate Mel for being back to where she was before while you can't," Dani said earnestly. "I guess I understand that. She still has all her options and you don't. That's got to suck."

David nodded uncomfortably. "I don't hate her, but I resent the situation. She knows; we talked about it. I can't help it. Maybe with some distance, I can get over it. That's what I'm hoping for."

Now it was Dani's turn to hug David and console him.

"I'm sorry I didn't get it. You two seemed just perfect for each other."

"I know. It felt perfect too. Well, I need to get over that. Beany, would you like to visit me in Granada? Hell, you could come along when I move, stay with me for two or three weeks, and then head back home. My treat."

Dani's eyes went wide and she nodded so hard she almost got whiplash. "That would be so awesome!" she squealed, but then she looked guiltily at Judy. "Could I, Mom?"

Judy gave her son another exasperated glare. "How about you talk to me before you make such an offer? Now you've maneuvered me into the bad cop position! Who'll accompany her on the return trip? Who'll..."

"Mom, I'm almost eighteen! Please!"

"You don't even have a passport."

"Mom, it will take me about a month to wrap things up over here before I have to leave and that will give Dani enough time to get a passport", David interjected. "Really, I'll look after her. She's my kid sister for crying out loud. In a year, she'll be off to college. In two months, she may be off to prep school. Your own vacation time will not come up before August, so she'll be sitting at home by herself all day."

Judy looked at Josh who shrugged. "Not for me to decide, Judy, but she'll be safe with David. I've been to Spain before, even to Granada. It's full of Americans in the summer, even young people."

Judy fixated her daughter. "If I allow this, will you make sure I won't regret it?"

"Mom! Did I ever make you regret anything? Did David?"

Judy smiled with affection. "No, I guess neither of you ever did. Okay. You guys have fun, but not too much."


Five weeks later, David and Dani arrived at Malaga's Costa del Sol airport. Malaga is some 80 kilometres to the south-west of Granada and sits on the Mediterranean coast. At the car rental, David found out that the tiny Hyundai i10 they had reserved was not available, but they got an Opel Corsa for the same low price.

It was a stretch to load the four trolley suitcases into the trunk and onto the rear seats, but the small compact, thanks to its surprisingly lively Diesel engine, made no problems. David and Dani had maxed out their luggage allowance using the allowed two suitcases and 77 lbs per person so David could move most of his personal belongings to his new home town.

Using a navigation app on Dani's iPhone, they took the A-7 motorway and switched to A-44 near Motril. As they drove for three hours through the sun-baked countryside of Andalusia, they got a good look at some sights before they reached the ancient city of Granada.

The hotel was located right on a narrow alley that lead up to the famed Alhambra complex. The owner, a middle aged Austrian lady, gave them a room on the third floor and a key to the parking structure located up the alley.

One thing became clear right away – the building standards for Spanish hotels were a far cry even below American motel chains. Being in adventurous spirits, the siblings laughed away the ridiculously small bathroom and the noisy water pipes, and they set out for a late dinner at the Plaza Nueva. Sitting there at a table under the star lit sky and with thousands of natives and tourists milling around them, Dani suddenly laughed gaily.

"God, Davy! You picked the right place. This is amazing. Look at all the people! Can you imagine sitting like here somewhere in the center of LA?"

David smiled serenely. "Yeah, this is good. But I'll better find a place to live away from the bustle. I have to think of studying."


The next morning, David checked in at the Office of Student Affairs. He paid the minimal fees and checked the available housing. The university could not offer anything at that moment, but there was a big message board where private housing opportunities were advertised. With the help of the admissions lady, David was able to pick up three addresses close to the university, and with those he went apartment hunting with Dani in tow.

They raised a good deal of attention due to their size and light complexion, but they laughed the stares off. The first stop was a bust. The apartment was barely more than a dilapidated storage room and they almost fled the place. The second address was on the Calle Socrates in a five-story apartment building. They found the landlady, a Señora Castro, and she showed them the two bedroom flat on the third floor. Everything was simple but tasteful and clean and when Señora Castro stated that she charged €420 per month or about $460, David almost laughed and accepted immediately.

The nearest IKEA outlet was back in Malaga. David was able to exchange the Opel Corsa against a Volkswagen Bus at the car rental. Five hours later, they drove back, the VW Bus loaded to the gills with furniture and household items. It was dark before they had unloaded all the items and assembled the two queen-size beds with matching metal frames, slatted frames and basic foam mattresses, that went into David's room and the guest room/study.

David and Dani slept peacefully in their new beds. In the morning, after a quick breakfast, they unpacked and assembled all the other items. A two-seater sofa with a low coffee table, two sliding door armoires, a desk with attached shelf, a swivel chair, two night stands, and three really beautiful, beech wood cantilever chairs were assembled and distributed in the apartment. By late afternoon, the siblings decided that they were done. David realized how much Dani had helped and he invited her to another nice dinner on the Plaza Nueva.

Day three was devoted to the procurement of wheels for David. After plodding his way through Granada traffic in cars or vans for three days, he decided that it had to be two wheels. They found a Yamaha dealer in the outskirts of the city where David picked a high end scooter, a X-Max 400. The salesman promised to have it ready and registered by next day afternoon.

After returning the VW Bus to the rental company, the siblings returned to David's apartment where they stocked the fridge and the storage cupboards with food, cleaning materials and other household items. This was followed by the first meal cooked in the new apartment. After David had left Clearwater for LA, Dani had to become self-reliant and now she knew her way around a kitchen. The two whipped up fettucine al forno from the stocks of pasta and from fresh tomatoes, onions and garlic. Afterwards, they washed the dishes together and went to explore the city.

They saw the cathedral and the surrounding city quarter before drifting back to the university. Walking around the back of yet another institute building, they suddenly came upon a fenced-in basketball court. A game was being played, of the pick-up variety and at a high tempo. David and Dani stood and watched. Strangely, David did not feel the urge to leave. Instead he followed the plays and in his head he played them back, trying to improve them.

Suddenly, Dani nudged him. "Umh, Davy, would you be mad at me if I asked them to join in?"

Dani was wearing shorts, a T-shirt and sneakers and she clearly yearned to play. David smiled at her. "Ask them. I don't mind."

When the game had a brief interruption, Dani caught the eye of a girl who was playing.

"Hey, do you speak English?"

"Yes, I do," came the answer.

"May I join your game? I need practice."

The girl asked her friends who nodded. "Sure. You play with those four. They need help. I'm Cecilia."

"Dani. Thanks!"

"Who is the tall guy? Does he play too?"

"My brother David. He'll go to medical school here. He was playing for the University of Southern California, but he had a traffic accident. He's learning how to walk again."

"Oh! Maybe he can referee?"

"Davy, would you?" Dani pleaded.

With his kid sister pleading, David relented and stepped into the court.

"Hola! Io soy David."

"Hola, y bienvenido!" Cecilia grinned, eying him speculatively.

The game restarted and Dani found herself playing at small forward, David's old position. This was an avid group of players and Dani needed her best game to keep pace. It became clear to David that she had practiced since Christmas. She moved better and her shots were getting more accurate. Time and again, she scored from within the zone, forcing the opposing team to cover her tightly. This gave more openings to her team mates in turn, and Cecilia called for a time-out.

"David, could you join us? No need to run much, just help us pass the ball."

"No Io sé," David hedged. "Corro como un zombi."

Cecilia laughed gaily. "Esta bien. Hacer lo mejor."

Being on a court again was frightening and exhilarating for David. He could not really run. It was more that he walked between positions, but he managed to be in the right spot a lot of times to either intercept passes or feed the ball to his team mates. Then, after about six minutes, he caught a pass and then saw himself without opponent, forty feet from the basket. Like an automaton, he made two steps and let fly with a strong backspin. The ball rose into the air and then dropped through the ring as if it had eyes. A three pointer! Not too shabby. David caught himself pumping his fist and grinning. One of his teammates gave him a high-five as they regrouped themselves for the defense. Damn, but it felt good!


They met their new friends at a pizza restaurant opposite the main campus. They were a novelty and grilled about their background. Of course, by his own fault, David was now known by his new nick name "Zombi", but he felt too damn good to get riled over it.

Dani too basked in the acceptance from the group, even more so than David. Ever since the onset of puberty, Danielle had felt disconnected to her class mates. She was too tall and too focused on sports and school work for her former girlfriends and even her teammates, and definitely too tall for the boys in high school.

Here she felt that some of the looks she got were of the "interested" variety. In particular, a tall Serbian Math student named Ante was eying her all the time. She felt giddy. Ante was tall like David, but his hair was jet black and tied into a pony tail. That would have looked dorky on most guys, but Ante carried it off with his scraggly beard and wearing some sort of peasant shirt over washed-out blue jeans. For lack of a more fitting adjective, Dani filed him under "dreamy" and basked in his attention.

David noticed the little mating dance between his kid sister and the Serbian dude, but he resolved to play it cool. He knew that Dani was not exactly a seasoned player in the relationship game, and if Ante's interest gave her a little boost, good for her. Ante seemed like a straight shooter too, even a bit shy, and as a Math student he had to be a nerd.

The group broke up after ten o'clock, with David and Dani promising to meet the others at the basketball court at five p.m. the next day. Dani and her beau Ante shook hands earnestly, with Dani blushing six shades of red, much to David's amusement.

"Dani's got a sweetheart," he singsonged on the way home, with an embarrassed Dani hitting his upper arm. He grinned at her. "Beany, this was a great day and if you like Ante, don't expect me to be in the way. At least not much."

"He's sweet," she defended herself.

"Not my type, but I take your word for it," he quipped. "I need a shower in the worst way."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.