The Girl With No Name - Cover

The Girl With No Name

Copyright© 2013 by Edward EC

Chapter 35: Epilogue: The Last Follower of the Ancients

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 35: Epilogue: The Last Follower of the Ancients - EC's historical novel about the Grand Duchy of Upper Danubia. Peasant Danka Síluckt's life forever changes when she is arrested and put in the pillory for stealing apples. She is rescued by the farmer she stole from, but she must escape and travel throughout Danubia as a naked penitent, wearing nothing but penance collar and carrying with her nothing but a bucket. She finds sexual adventures during her travels, but ultimately must keep moving until she finally finds redemption.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Coercion   Consensual   NonConsensual   Rape   Reluctant   Romantic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Historical   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   Humiliation   Spanking   Exhibitionism   First   Voyeurism   Public Sex   Nudism   Revenge  

Everything ends.

When the end-fate of anything in the Realm of the Living inevitably arrives, there is always the last one, a final survivor. The last specimen of an extinct species, the last building of a bygone epoch of architecture, the last speaker of a lost language, and the very last person practicing an ancient religion that has passed into memory.

The Cult of Ancients passed into memory and returned to dust, like every other human institution. It vanished from public view in late 1752, but fading remnants persisted for several decades beyond, like the embers of a campfire that was mostly extinguished, but not completely.

The embers of the Cult of the Ancients slowly faded throughout the late 1700s. Rumors persisted of strange bluish-green lights in the forests, along with the faint singing of ancient hymns in archaic Danubian. No one could verify the rumors: every time someone went to investigate, there was nothing to be found. Maybe a few ashes or flattened grass, but that was it. And, over time, the mysterious sightings became fewer and fewer, until they stopped altogether.

The final place in the Duchy to ever record rumors of a mysterious light and ancient singing was in the forest park just to the southeast of the provincial town of Rika Heckt-nemat. The lights and ancient hymns started after the funeral of the council’s leading citizen, Farmer Tuko Orsktackt. He died shortly after his 91st birthday, which was an incredibly long life for anyone during the early 1800s. His wife, Vesna Roguskt-Orsktacktna, put on a mourning robe and presided over his funeral. She then relinquished her leadership of the local medical school and research center and went into seclusion. She was never seen in public again.

About a week after Vesna Roguskt-Orsktacktna vanished from public life, a mysterious green glow-light appeared and strange singing began at the chapel that she and her husband had built, decades before, on the southern shore of a pond in the middle of the forest park. The chapel had been built in honor of the families who lived and died around that pond, in a time so long ago that no one else remembered them. Like the Cult of the Ancients, the residents had completely vanished from the Realm of the Living. There was only a single survivor of that community, a girl who had escaped just before the Destroyer swept through with the rat-plague. No one, and nothing else, remained.

Rumors had long circulated that the place was haunted, and that the curses of many years before continued to torment ghosts that wandered through the trees and stood around the shore of the pond after dark. The place was safe enough during the day, but to remain there after sunset was to tempt the Destroyer.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.