Of Honor and Betrayal
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2012 by FantasyLover

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Accomplished English Knight is forced to kill the Earl he serves when the Earl betrays the King to whom they both swore their oaths of allegiance. This is complicated by the fact that the Earl is a close friend of the Knight. This leaves the Knight unsettled, unable to return to the land of his birth, where he would have to face the Earl's wife. Join him as he sets out across Europe searching for an elusive inner peace, as well as a cause to pledge himself to, and maybe even love along the way.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Reluctant   Fiction   Historical   Military   War   Alternate History   Incest   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

A young serving girl woke us in time for breakfast. She pointedly waited in our room to make sure she got a good look at my “lance,” all while she pretended that she was tidying up our room.

Since today was (mostly) a rest day, the women were drafted to make another silk dress for the Duchess and her daughter. I started to give them money to buy the silk but they reminded me that they still had all of the money they had earned so far since I hadn’t yet collected it from them.

“Buy anything you need or want in town. Just remember that we have limited space. We’re probably going to need another wagon to carry the pavilions when we take them down,” I commented. I was glad Ymma had been learning how to drive the wagon, and told Hilda she should probably show Draca how since he was old enough. I gave Hilda enough to get another travel carriage, too, if they found one available.

I headed for the tournament field. There would be contests of skill today in both archery and the staff.

Nobody survives the Melee a Cheval completely unscathed. The force of an opponent’s lance striking, hopefully against your shield, bruises you. Even your own lance striking an opponent bruises you. Then the fighting on foot is always good for bruises and maybe even a minor sprain when you step or trip on something or someone on the ground. Those Knights with only minor injuries are lucky. I considered myself extremely lucky this morning. Half an hour of stretching managed to work out the stiffness enough that I would be able to ignore it.

I hung one of my distinctive tri-color banners on a branch of the tree near the butts where the archery contest would be held. Another was tied to the tree where the staff challenges would be held. One of the farm boy squires waited anxiously at each field, ready to find me when the contests started.

The archery began mid-morning. Only ten Knights participated, eight of them Saxons. The French Knights wagered heavily on me, having previously seen my prowess with a longbow. Considering that everyone else here was using a standard bow, what I consider a short bow, I already had a distinct advantage.

Tohrwulf, the Saxon captain, and I fended off all challengers. Finally, it was just the two of us. At two hundred yards, he was just as good with his short bow as I was with the longbow. Beyond that, though, he couldn’t maintain the accuracy and I beat him at two hundred thirty yards. He was gracious, teasing me over lunch and ale by asking if I wasn’t Saxon myself.

The afternoon found Tohrwulf and me again facing each other after the other challengers had been sent packing. He was definitely good with the staff. My six-inch height and reach advantage finally wore him down enough that I managed to topple him. Still, it took nearly half an hour and we had drawn a huge crowd. I noticed Matilda watching and cheering amidst her retinue of the Duke’s soldiers. I also noticed that the friend with her was the same serving girl who had awakened us this morning.

Tohrwulf and I sat together at the dinner feast that night. He was the Captain of the Earl’s soldiers in Soest and invited us to visit there. I promised that we would. My three girls were serving tables again tonight. I noticed Matilda looking at me constantly through the night. I pointedly did NOT look at the Duchess, not even once.

With the final event of the tourney tomorrow, the amount of ale consumed around the boisterous tables decreased dramatically. The Duke asked me how I ended up being so good at everything, so I told the tale of my childhood.


My father is an Earl and an adamant supporter of the King. I have a brother two years older than I am who will succeed him. From an early age, my brother and I competed against each other in everything. As dearly as I love my brother, he and I fought constantly growing up. The fighting wasn’t due to a dislike of each other; rather, it was due to our competitive natures. Before we were old enough for weapons training, we wrestled each other.

My father stands 6’ 2”, two inches shorter than my brother, and four inches shorter than me. He is a large, well-muscled man but my brother is bigger and stronger. I am even bigger and stronger than my brother is. At age eight, I picked up a longsword and took it everywhere with me until I could properly carry it. At age nine, I could swing the sword, much to the amazement of my father’s arms master. By age ten, I could wield the longsword, having begun arms training at age nine using wooden practice swords. Daily, the arms master would pit my brother and me against each other with wooden practice swords and we would beat on each other until one of us collapsed. By the time I was eleven, it was usually my brother who collapsed first. By age twelve, I was taller and heavier than most of my father’s soldiers and was formally introduced to the broadsword.

When I was fourteen, the King called for troops to fight the Scots. I was adamant that I be allowed to go. The arms master agreed that I was more than ready; my mother was adamantly opposed. My father, brother, and I set out towards Scotland with two hundred of Father’s men.

There had been two battles before we arrived, neither decisive. The day of the decisive battle, twenty thousand men faced off against each other across the battlefield. I remember the horn that signaled for our troops to charge. Everything after that was a blur until sometime after the battle was over.

I’ve been told that Father’s men had no choice but to follow me, as I was the first one to contact the Scottish line. My brother teases that the entire Scottish line shuddered when I hit it. My broadsword tore an opening in their line and our troops followed me through, wreaking havoc on the Scottish infantry. My brother stayed on my left shoulder for the entire battle. About two hours after the battle began, I noticed that the King was in danger and turned in his direction, hacking and hewing my way closer.

When we were close, I had evidently noticed a new band of twenty Scottish troops approaching the King. Yelling loud enough that I was heard across much of the battlefield, I ran at the new group. I had also been aware that I only had a few men with me, yet ran straight at the advancing Scots. Right before we reached them, I threw myself sideways at the center of their advancing troops, surprising them and knocking down several men. Before they recovered from the unusual tactic, I had killed six of them while my comrades dealt with the remainder. When they had been dealt with, we helped the King’s troops finish clearing away the remaining Scottish troops around the King.

After the rout was complete, the King sought me out, knighting me that same evening on the battlefield, even after learning my age. My brother was also knighted for his bravery by my side. Even though all three of us were wounded, none of the wounds was serious and my mother was relieved when we returned home safely. The amount of loot we returned home with was astounding.

I spent the time until I was sixteen learning everything I could about being a soldier. On my sixteenth birthday, I left home. I harbored no ill will towards my brother but knew we would always fight--it was just the way we were. Once my brother became Earl, fighting with him would undermine his position, something I had no intention of doing.

I wandered for a year, finally entering the service of the Earl of Norfolk. Within a year of entering his service, I was a trusted confidant and bodyguard, something I’ve done for six years now.

I didn’t go into the events of the last couple of weeks.


The Duke was fascinated with my tale. When I finished, I noticed that most of those around us were quiet, also rapt by my history. The Duchess hung on the Duke’s left arm, Matilda on his right.

Shortly after the Duchess left my chambers that night, filled with two more doses of my seed, the door squeaked open again. Thinking that the Duchess had forgotten something, I rose to meet her. “How dare you?” Matilda hissed in an angry whisper. “And with my mother!” she added, the hurt and betrayal she felt evident in her voice.

“Would her Ladyship allow me to explain?” I asked a lot more calmly than I felt.

“Fine!” she hissed, her hands planted angrily on her hips.

“You must promise that you will talk to nobody about this except your mother, and then your father if you are still not convinced and it must be done in absolute privacy,” I warned. She agreed.

“Have any of the other Knights been offered rooms in the castle?” I asked.

“No,” she answered, her voice conveying that she wondered what that had to do with anything.

“Are there other rooms your father could have let me use that don’t have the secret passage?” I asked.

“Yes,” she replied, this time a hint of uncertainty creeping into her voice.

“I want to repeat that this must never be spoken of. To do so could undermine your father’s position. Not even your best friend or closest confidant can ever be told,” I warned. She nodded her understanding.

“Are you aware that your father was deathly ill right before you were born?” I asked.

“Yes, I’ve heard people say it was almost miraculous when he recovered,” she answered.

“Are you aware of your father’s concubines?” I queried. Even in the faint light of a single candle, I could see her blush.

“Yes, he has several,” she whispered the scandalous information.

“Between your mother and the concubines, how many children have been conceived since he recovered from the illness?” I asked.

“None,” she whispered as the realization hit her.

“And what would happen if he died with no male heir?”

“I would be married to the minor son of a noble and he would become the Duke,” she answered. “My father knows about this?” she gasped quietly, stunned.

“It was his idea; otherwise I would never lie with a married woman. As beautiful as the Duchess is, no woman is worth being executed for,” I explained.

“I’m sorry for doubting you,” she apologized.

“You couldn’t have known,” I answered, drawing her into a hug only to be quickly reminded that I was stark naked.

Still, she clung to me, and then looked up at me, smirking. “I’m not married,” she offered in a sultry voice.

“True, but if we did anything, it would destroy your chances of a marriage to another noble,” I warned.

“But I can tell you’re interested,” she husked as her trembling fingers tentatively touched my throbbing erection.

“My interest isn’t the issue. The fact that you would someday regret it if I quenched my interest, and you would probably come to despise me for doing so is more important to me,” I explained.

“All day I have felt my desires grow to where I feel I will burst if they aren’t satisfied,” she answered, her fingers becoming more aggressive in their possession of my cock.

“I can satisfy your desires without ruining you, but you need to trust me and do exactly what I tell you to,” I promised.

“Really?” she asked hopefully.

“I will make the desire grow until you feel that you will explode. When it explodes inside of you, then you will understand the feeling more clearly and I can show you how to satisfy the desire in the future,” I promised.

Her whole body was quivering in anticipation as I removed her robe, much as I had her mother’s earlier in the evening. She looked like a younger version of her mother. Her hips were slenderer, her breasts were decidedly smaller, yet stood as proudly as her mother’s did. The one difference I noticed was that her sparse covering of pubic hair was blonde like Hilda. Her mother’s was slightly darker.

Matilda gasped when I took her in my arms and carried her to my bed. Her lips eagerly met mine when I kissed her. It took several seconds for her to explore my tongue when I pressed it between her lips, and it only served to further heighten her eagerness.

She whimpered when I broke the kiss. “I need my lips for other things now,” I whispered as my fingertips traced circles around the soft, sensitive skin of her breast. She gasped again. “I am worried that you may cry out and someone may recognize your voice so I will have Inga help me keep you from crying out,” I explained as I motioned Inga over. Matilda took her friend’s hand and smiled nervously at her. “I need you to continue kissing her like I was to muffle any cries of pleasure,” I explained to Inga. I could see Matilda’s surprise. Inga had been surprised the first time I had Hilda kiss her. Now, she eagerly initiated kisses with both Hilda and her mother.

I saw Matilda’s hesitant response when Inga kissed her, and saw the reluctance quickly disappear. With that, I returned my attention to her exquisite breasts. After paying due homage to them I took a nipple in my mouth and gently nipped it with my teeth causing Matilda to shudder her first orgasm.

Moving south, I dragged my tongue through her sparse thatch causing another moan. The moan became a muffled squeal when my tongue circled her clit, causing her entire body to go rigid as she came again. After making sure I had thoroughly tasted her piquant feminine oils, I stuck my tongue inside of her as deep as I could, tongue fucking her as my fingers continued lightly circling her clit. When her body went rigid this time, it quickly dropped, motionless, to the bed. I stopped what I was doing and moved up to cuddle her until she woke up. Smiling knowingly, Inga took her other side.

“What?” Matilda mumbled several minutes later, still not completely coherent.

“That, Milady was the explosion I told you about,” I explained. I went on to explain how she could bring the release herself by toying with the areas I teased that caused her the most pleasure. I also suggested that she talk to her mother about it.

“But she’ll know I was in here,” she gasped worriedly.

“She’ll know just by seeing the blissful look on your face and how you will blush each time you look at me. You should speak to her before breakfast if possible so she will know that you are okay,” I advised.

With a final kiss and a last wistful look, the redressed young woman hurried back to her room. My women took care of the raging erection she left me with.

The Duke took me aside before breakfast. “I understand I am even more indebted to you now,” he whispered. Seeing my confused look, he quietly explained that his wife heard Matilda in the passageway and stayed to hear what was said. She also heard me tell Matilda to talk to her mother. She caught Matilda when she left my room and hugged her to let her know everything was okay, and then spent nearly an hour talking with her. “Is there any chance you would consent to a marriage with Matilda?” he asked.

“Your Grace, I am afraid that it is too soon after the recent death of my wife and newborn son for me to consider marriage. In addition, other events in my life right now preclude me from making such a commitment. When I am able to consider such a commitment, I will let you know, although I fear she will already be married to someone else by then,” I answered. The Duke nodded knowingly as we headed for breakfast. Sure enough, Matilda blushed all through breakfast, quickly averting her eyes each time she looked at me. Even the Duchess pointedly looked everyplace else.

Today was the final event of the Tourney, the Melee a Pied, a Melee much like the earlier one except this one was entirely on foot. We heard that the Saxon Team had twenty-five new warriors among the forty on their team so they would be fresher and not dealing with injuries. Nine of our Knights were still injured enough they felt they would be a liability. The eight who hadn’t been able to compete earlier eagerly took their place, leaving us one short.

I rode over and spoke with Tohrwulf. As I expected, young Alfwold had withdrawn. His reason hadn’t been stated, but I was sure it was his inability to pay the ransom if necessary. With Tohrwulf’s blessing, I found Alfwold and offered him a position on our team, agreeing to pay his ransom if necessary. Seeing a chance at redemption, knowing he would come out of it no worse off than he already was, he agreed.

Next, we discussed tactics. With so many fresh warriors, the Saxon team would be difficult to defeat, even with the day of rest we had yesterday. I proposed using a tactic similar to the one I used to save the King. We divided into five teams, each team with an agile, experienced Knight leading it. When we attacked, we would form into five wedges instead of one. The lead Knight would throw himself at the warriors in front of him, hopefully leading to confusion among the Saxon Knights. I explained how the men behind me during that battle took advantage of the momentary surprise and quickly overwhelmed the superior force.

With an even number of Knights on each team, we wouldn’t be facing superior numbers like I had against the group of Scots closing in on the King. If the lead Knight took out three Saxons, it would leave the seven men following him versus five standing Saxons to deal with.

With our strategy in place, we arrived for the customary review. Again, Tohrwulf led the Saxon team first, followed by me leading the opposing team. This time, since I already knew the Duke, I rode over and bowed from my saddle as I requested the honor of being the Champion for his daughter. Even before he finished giving his permission Matilda was removing the new hair ribbon Inga made for her yesterday.

The stands erupted in cheering when I caught the ribbon and tied it to my arm. An hour later, we stood on the somewhat smaller field, separated from the Saxon line by twenty feet. Behind us was a veritable army of squires ready to assist injured Knights or to guide defeated opponents back to our pavilions.

Tohrwulf and I saluted each other and the horn sounded signaling the start of the Melee. Afterwards, I was surprised at just how well our strategy worked. Only six of our Knights had been defeated. Alfwold, who had been at my left shoulder, had defeated two to go with my eight. Poor Tohrwulf had been knocked unconscious when he fell back, but was up, boisterous, and drinking the ale being poured by my “lovely trio of wenches” as he described them.

When I offered to let Alfwold buy back his horse, he declined. He wanted me to keep the horse.

Being the end of the Tourney, the feast that night was even more boisterous than usual. Even Tohrwulf stood and sang my praises. Being more boisterous meant that the Knights were drunk sooner. When I was sure they were out of it, I let myself appear drunk and was helped to my room.

I was surprised when the Duchess arrived with Matilda. She proceeded to give Matilda her first lesson in giving blowjobs, but made her stop before I came. “I need his seed to make your brother,” she explained. Matilda watched, rapt, as I entered her mother and we fucked. After licking me clean, she had Matilda practice again until I was ready for a second round. She even had Matilda guide my cock into her sex sheath. After sending the second course of my seed in search of an egg to fertilize, I rolled off the Duchess while we caught our breath.

I was surprised when Matilda’s lips descended around my cock and she licked and sucked me clean. She explained later that it sent a surge of excitement through her when she saw her mother do it. This time, once I was hard, I had Matilda sit astride me. With her mother watching carefully, I had had her slide her slick furrow back and forth along my cock, making sure to rub her clit with each stroke. Inga was ready and quickly covered Matilda’s mouth when she came, muffling her cry of passion.

The Duchess returned to her room while I began licking my way down her daughter’s body, giving her one final orgasm for the night.

In the morning, I resumed my so-far unsuccessful search for a second travel carriage, finally settling for a sturdy farm wagon. I bought some canvas that had been soaked in linseed oil and had a cover constructed for the wagon in case of rain. I was stunned when I saw everything the women managed to buy. They now had six crossbows, and Hilda managed to find a pair of short, curved swords she liked. They weren’t Saracen steel swords, but they had elaborately curved ‘claws’ at the end of the quillion designed to help capture an enemy sword. The three women and Draca had practiced with the crossbows, and Ymma, Inga, and Draca each carried a long knife in a sheath.

I was stunned at how much money they had made. They sewed ten silk dresses from the first bolt, earning £177, a veritable fortune, and they were giddy about it. Adding in what Inga made from the ribbons, what they made working for the Duke, and what Draca earned cutting, gathering, and selling firewood, they were quite rich. Even with that much money, Ymma wanted to remain with me, knowing that the money would eventually be gone and she would still have no job prospects.

Alfwold moved his camp next to ours since he would be travelling with us to Dortmund. Tohrwulf was over telling us farewell when Hilda’s face paled. “It’s him,” she hissed nervously.

“Baron Otto?” Tohrwulf asked once he saw who she was looking at.

“He’s the stepson of my former Master, Baroness Reinmellt. She was killed by an assassin’s arrow and he just happened to arrive in town the next day. Before she died, she asked me to make sure her infant son was safe, and I did so. He caught me when I returned. He intended to torture me and force me to tell him where her son was, but the Earl of Soest was there and forced him to stop. Rather than let me stay around and tell people what I suspected, he sold me to a slave merchant with instructions to take me out of the area immediately,” she explained.

“I never did trust him,” Tohrwulf commented thoughtfully. He spoke to one of his squires who ran off as quickly as his feet would carry him. “Do you feel up to another challenge?” Tohrwulf asked me. When I agreed, he strode over to the Baron and greeted him. I heard Tohrwulf invite the Baron over to meet the Knight who singlehandedly set the Saxon team on their ear.

I saw that his interest was piqued, and the two men came towards my pavilion. I stepped out to greet them, bowing to the Baron. Once we had greeted each other, Hilda came out with mugs of ale.

“You!” the Baron almost shouted as he reached for Hilda.

Stepping between them, he ran into me and bounced off. “She belongs to me and you will not touch her,” I growled menacingly.

“She is a runaway slave,” he bellowed to the increasing number of Knights who were showing up.

“Will you swear that?” I asked him.

“I swear an oath that the woman with you is a runaway slave,” he answered angrily.

“Do you know her name?” I asked.

“Hilda,” he answered even more angrily. I noticed the Duke had arrived behind him.

“You just swore an oath that my slave Hilda is a runaway. I swear an oath that I purchased her legally from a slave merchant,” I answered calmly.

“Liar!” he shouted accusingly.

Handing my receipt to Tohrwulf I said, “This is the receipt from when I bought Hilda.” Then I handed him the other receipt the slave merchant gave me. “This is the receipt the slave merchant received when he bought Hilda. Please note the Baron’s signet seal on the receipt. That means the Baron knowingly swore a false oath and called me a liar knowing I told the truth. For that, I challenge him to a duel,” I said.

“Fine, I’ll have my Champion meet you,” he answered flippantly.

“No, you knowingly accused a sworn Knight falsely. That means I can insist that you personally meet the challenge and I do,” I growled at him.

“He is correct,” the Duke finally spoke up, startling the Baron. If anything, the Baron paled further.

“Fine, one hour from now,” he huffed and stormed off.

“I’ll make sure he shows up,” Tohrwulf said, grinning. Several Knights went with him. The Duke had Hilda repeat her accusation.

“I, too, thought it smelled of treachery but had no proof,” he said sadly. He promised to see that the Baroness’ son was returned safely and cared for so Hilda told him where she had left him. Having seen the Baron send one of his men off, I asked the remaining Knights to personally find all of the Baron’s soldiers and make sure they didn’t try anything.

The Baron looked a lot more self-assured an hour later when we met on the Castle grounds where the troops normally practiced with their swords. I noted that two or more Knights escorted each of the soldiers who wore the Baron’s colors.

My initial blow stunned the Baron, almost tearing his sword from his hands. His grip for the next two blows was tighter, but it affected his effectiveness. I saw when he glanced over my left shoulder, his worried look becoming a triumphant smirk.

Realizing that there must still be one archer unescorted, I dove beneath the Baron’s half-hearted swing, my sword leaving a deep gash across his stomach. I heard the impact of the arrow as it hit him right before he toppled. Turning to where the arrow came from, I saw several soldiers wrestling with the archer who was dressed like a peasant.

The Baron was writhing on the ground, moaning. I kicked his sword out of his reach. “I see that your foul deeds have finally caught up with you,” the Duke commented from behind me, startling the crap out of me. I’d been so intent on the Baron that I hadn’t even heard him approach.

“Sir Knight, would you please do the Duchy of Westphalia a favor and see that his body is removed to the middens?” the Duke asked dismissively, then turned and walked away in disgust.

“Gladly, Your Grace,” I replied to his back. The Barons eyes were closed as he continued writhing in pain and he didn’t see my blade descend to end his miserable life. I asked my farm boy squires to follow the Duke’s orders and haul the body to the middens.

“All he said was the body. Anything else, including his fine clothing is yours to share among the squires from town here. I do need to return the signet ring, though,” I whispered to them as I knelt and removed it. Realizing what I was saying, and looking at the fine clothing and expensive jewelry he was wearing the boys quickly had a horse saddled and a travois attached. From somewhere, the other of my farm boy squires suddenly appeared and loaded the body on the travois, then set off solemnly for the middens. I was glad they were waiting until they were out of sight to strip the body.

“You continue to amaze me, Sir Ed. Those boys will each take home more than their family would earn in ten years,” Tohrwulf commented.

“And they will share their largesse with their extended families, hopefully keeping any of them from starving for a few years,” I replied.

“Well done,” he said as he slapped my shoulder approvingly. “I definitely insist that you visit Soest. My Earl will want to thank you personally,” he insisted. I promised we would visit after stopping in Dortmund.

That night, after her mother left, Matilda came to me with her friend Gytha, the servant girl who had watched me so intently earlier in the week. Gytha wanted me to be her first, knowing she was now old enough that any number of men from the castle would soon poke and prod her. When we finished, my women taught Gytha how to pleasure Matilda. Surprisingly, Matilda insisted on returning the favor.

We stayed in town until Monday, personally attending church with the Duke--who was also the Archbishop. Each night I serviced the Duchess twice before Matilda stopped by. She laughed about Gytha having trouble walking properly the morning after I deflowered her. Gytha’s mother had been upset, thinking that one of the soldiers had done it, but Gytha assured her mother that she had asked me to do it.

Sunday night, the Duke handed me a pouch. “This is ONLY for dealing with Baron Otto since I know it would be pointless to offer you payment for anything else,” he told me solemnly. He also asked me to accompany the new Baron to his home. I warned that I needed to stop in Dortmund to buy a horse and he was fine with it. He also gave us permission for Hilda to find the weapons that had been taken from her if she could. The pouch held two hundred Gold Florins, a reasonably new coin from Florence that was becoming widely accepted throughout Europe. Those two hundred coins contained more than a pound and a half of gold.

Gytha returned with Matilda Sunday night for a farewell fuck, shortly after the Duchess claimed her two.

We left shortly after sunrise, a bedraggled Alfwold in our wake. In addition to his six squires, he had two female slaves who cooked his food and cared for his other needs.

Surprisingly, the new Baron Spelling was ready to go with the small retinue of eight soldiers who had accompanied the former Baron. Each of the soldiers thanked me for what I’d done. Evidently, the deceased Baron had not been well liked by anyone but himself.

The Duke had given me a proclamation, allowing me to hunt in any forest in Westphalia and I made good use of it. Each night I returned with a deer or a boar. We jury-rigged two hooks on the back of our travel carriage where we could hang the animals to bleed out during the day. Draca would scavenge what firewood he could find, and would use one of the horses to drag back a dead tree so some of Alfwold’s squires could help cut it up. Each night there was a big fire where the deer or boar was spit-roasted. The best parts that remained after we ate ended up in a stew that was left heating all night over the brazier in our travel carriage for breakfast. The rest of the meat went to the dogs, and they ate well. Occasionally, Hilda traded all or part of an animal for more produce.

The Baron had a young female slave to tend to his needs. She also helped with the cooking. I could see that she took a liking to Draca and made a mental note to ask the Baron about possibly buying her when we dropped him off. He evidently didn’t abuse her, as she appeared happy all the time.

The skins from the game I brought back were carefully stretched, cured, and hung from the sides of our travel carriage to dry. When they were done, they were rolled up and stored inside until they were traded or sold in the small towns and villages we passed through. I insisted that we keep the rabbit pelts. They would make warm socks and gloves for us this coming winter.

With the days growing longer, we made good time on the old Roman road. We’d reached Herdecke early the third day and got everyone ferried across the Ruhr fairly quickly. We arrived in Dortmund just before lunch on the fourth day. Alfwold eagerly introduced us to his father, who had already heard the details from the two Knights who had returned earlier.

Surprisingly, he wasn’t upset at his son for losing the horse, but he was excited that he defeated two other Knights during the Melee a Pied. He also thanked me for taking his son under my wing at the Tourney. He knew his son was weak in the joust, but hoped the horse would change that. Since it didn’t, he wouldn’t pressure his son about it anymore and would accept that he could hold his own with a sword. He even gave me a remarkable price on two destrier mares, letting me buy the pair for only £150. Each could have gone for £100.

Saturday afternoon, we reached Soest where Tohrwulf and four other Knights greeted me warmly. The Earl thanked me for dealing with the unpleasant Baron Otto, and welcomed Baron Spelling. They had served together previously in the military and were good friends.

After church the next day, our retinue grew as the Earl insisted on accompanying us. Tohrwulf and three other guards came as well. Hell, I almost felt like we were a military force headed to battle. Late that day we reached the Manor House. We slept in the travel coach after the feast while everyone else slept inside the Manor House.

They talked me into staying an extra day, and the Baron bought one of the silk dresses for his wife. The women altered it to fit one of the servants the Baron said was the same size as his wife. Hilda found her two swords and her crossbow in the armory. She asked the swordsmith if he could make “claws” on her Saracen swords at the ends of the quillion. He spent all day on the job, with Hilda standing over his shoulder. I made sure he was well paid for his time and effort. That evening, Hilda was already swinging her old swords, getting used to the feel of them again. Excited about getting them back, she nearly fucked me senseless that night--not that I’m complaining.

I also asked the Baron about the girl accompanying him, explaining that Draca seemed to fancy her. He’d seen the attraction, too, and had intended to give her to me. As we were getting ready to leave the next morning, he brought her to me. Draca’s eyes almost popped out of his head.

I spoke with Draca later, explaining that she belonged to me, and I intended to use her occasionally, but I intended her to be primarily with him. She would spend tonight with him, and the first part of tomorrow night with me. After that, she would rejoin him for the rest of the night. I’d always let him know ahead of time if I intended to borrow her for part of the night. I also warned him that he had to get enough sleep and have enough energy left each morning to get his chores done. Since we would be alone again, it fell on him to gather firewood, dig the latrine, care for the dogs, and tend the fire. In addition, he was now helping to drive the extra wagon.

The slave’s name was Aebbe, and I told her the same thing. I also explained what I intended to do tomorrow night. I would make sure that she knew what things a man could do to make sex more enjoyable for her. Once she knew, it would fall to her to teach Draca.

When I was the same age as Draca, my mother had explained that a man who is gentle and considerate of the women in his life will have happier women and hence a happier life. She appointed two of the serving girls, Avril and Gaelle, to make sure I was thoroughly trained. They continued my training right up until I left home, sometimes individually, sometimes both together, and several times they brought another of the girls in with them. They never let me see who the other girl was, but I think it was Sylvie, one of the serving girls training my older brother.

My sleep that night was interrupted frequently as an exuberant Draca seemed intent to fuck every hour on the hour. I had to chuckle quietly to myself, remembering my own first night of sexual excess. I knew Draca would be dragging in the morning but would push himself to make sure he accomplished his assigned tasks. By the time I finished with Aebbe tomorrow night, he’d probably be sound asleep.

Four more days of travel brought us to Brunswick where I found another travel carriage for sale. It was even larger and of heavier construction than the one we used now. I felt we could move into it and let Draca and Aebbe use the one we had now. The bigger carriage had been used by a salt merchant who bought salt several miles outside of the small town of Verpstedt, which we had passed just this morning. I considered going back to buy salt, but the man I bought the wagon from told me there was another town to the south where we could buy salt.

The women restocked our food, ale, and supplies while I sold several of the gems my Earl had brought over to use to buy mercenaries. I also asked about the roads leading from town. I realized that we’d been headed northeast since leaving Cologne, rather than due east. This far north would mean colder winters, something I preferred to avoid.

Eschewing the old Roman road in favor of a well-traveled trade road, we headed southeast towards Magdeburg. Hilda finally asked where we were headed, mostly to offer her knowledge of the area from the many trips she’d taken with her former Mistress. I finally told them everything that evening, and spent most of the night unable to sleep, my mind racing again, and my emotions swinging wildly. When I finally woke up, I realized that it was daylight and we were moving. The women had left me sleeping, breaking camp, and starting the day’s travel as I slept. I made sure to thank them.

Three days of uneventful travel brought us to Magdeburg, one of the biggest cities in the Holy Roman Empire. Here, I sold the rest of the jewels the Earl brought over, getting gold bars, silver bars, and more of the gold Florins. I noticed that we had to buy less coal, even though we now had two carriages to heat. The days and nights were getting warmer and I noticed the plowed fields we passed were mostly green. Even untended ground was covered with a layer of green.

We headed south when we left town, using yet another well-travelled trade road. The afternoon of the third day of travel brought us to the town of Halle. They had small amounts of salt for sale to everyday people. To buy bulk quantities required purchasing just over twelve hundred pounds, what the locals called a Chor. The cost was three hundred Marks, a Mark being the equivalent of eight Troy ounces of silver. I opened the secret compartment of my travel coach and reviewed what we had available. Gratefully, gold held a 30:1 value advantage to silver so the three hundred Marks was the equivalent of eighty Troy ounces of gold, something I definitely had. Taking out what I needed to purchase two Chors of salt, plus a little extra gold (just in case), I closed the compartment.

It took a full day for the villagers to load two Chors of salt. They split the weight evenly between the wagon and two travel carriages.

Two hours after leaving the village the next day, and after attending church in Halle, I was hunting with the Lymer when I heard Hilda’s shrill whistle. Rushing back, I saw her grinning, standing over six bandits. She had been inside cleaning up the carriage when the men attacked, stopping the carriages. Her shrill whistle signaled the two mastiffs into action. The Mastiffs’ attack caused the men’s horses to shy, dislodging three of the riders. Two crossbow bolts from Hilda dealt with the two remaining mounted bowmen. The last man managed to stay on his horse, but carried only a sword. When Hilda bolted from the carriage with her swords, none of the men took her seriously until they had all been disarmed.

We took the men and bodies back to Halle where the villagers were mortified that six of their own would do something like that--doubly so on the Sabbath. By the end of the day, the three men still alive had been heard--and were executed at dawn Monday. Since the men were all single, we were given their horses and weapons.

We reached Leipzig near dusk the next day, making camp a couple of miles outside the city walls in a small copse of trees. When we arrived the next morning, the city gates were already open, and the market sellers were setting out their wares. My women were going from stall to stall perusing the items for sale. I knew they were looking for herbs and spices, as well as fresh vegetables.

After the attack, I was looking for more weapons, specifically short daggers specially designed for a woman to hide in her bodice. I was bumped from the left, and looked down to see a young girl about nine grinning up at me. At the same instant, my belt suddenly got about four pounds lighter on the right side.

Both of my hands shot out, my left hand grabbing the arm of the girl, my right hand reaching back to my right and grabbing whatever I could. Simultaneous squawks of surprise confirmed that I had both culprits. Pulling the one from behind me, I saw what looked to be the girl’s mother. She was trying to switch her knife to the hand I wasn’t gripping. Jerking her roughly into the air, I threw her to the ground in front of me and stepped on the hand with the knife.

“Someone bring the constable,” I hollered to several people who were gawking, trying to figure out what was going on. When a hand snuck between the legs of the spectators, obviously hoping to grab my money pouch that was still on the ground, I stomped on the hand hard, eliciting a loud scream. Hilda had come over to see what the commotion was, and quickly had the man with the now broken hand quaking on the ground with the tip of one sword at his throat.

Gratefully, people quickly backed away several feet once a sword was drawn. It was several more minutes before the constable showed up. The woman protested her innocence, but the fact that she had dropped both a knife and my money pouch condemned her. The fact that I could identify the contents of the pouch and she couldn’t, and that the thong holding it on my belt had been cut added to her condemnation. She and the man were hauled off to be whipped. “Please, someone take care of my baby,” the woman wailed, looking back at her terrified daughter whose hand I still gripped.

“Master, she won’t have anyone to care for her and may die since she won’t have any food while she heals. Her daughter could die too,” Hilda said emotionally.

“Go ahead,” I agreed after she told me her suggestion. I spoke to the constable, explaining Hilda’s concern. He agreed that her dying was definitely a possibility and allowed Hilda to talk to the woman.

Twenty minutes later, Hilda was back with one question. “Her only concern is what you will do with her daughter,” she explained.

“She will work at chores she is old enough to do. I won’t touch her until she reaches womanhood. Then, she will be treated like the rest of my women,” I answered. Inside I cringed knowing that many slave owners would take the young girls to their bed long before they were old enough or physically mature enough.

Several minutes later, Hilda returned and nodded at the constable. “She agrees,” was all she said.

The constable went back to confirm the accord, then wrote out a bill of sale for the woman and her daughter and had the woman sign it. I gave him a silver coin for his trouble, and left him to deal with the man who tried to grab my pouch from the ground. Her name was Mildrith, and her daughter was Saehild. She was a widow who had turned to stealing to keep them alive. I gave her the same growled warning I’d originally given Hilda.

“If I ran away, I’d have no place to go,” she sobbed.

Saehild ate ravenously all day long. I could see that Mildrith was forcing herself to eat only small amounts to compensate for the excess her daughter was eating. I finally told Mildrith to eat as much as she needed to eat, that we had plenty, although we did stop long enough to buy more food and mead for the extra mouths.

The next morning I returned to town to finish my business. I sold some of the weapons from the six bandits. I was surprised that I was able to get two excellent horses in trade for the six farm horses. The man at the stable explained that there was little call for horses as expensive as the two I bought, but many people were looking for a good farm horse. I also found the knives I wanted for the women. The bandits’ crossbows were good enough to add to our growing collection of weapons. One of the swords the bandits had used would work as a beginning sword for Draca. Ymma and Inga each began carrying one of the two swords I bought for Hilda before she got her Saracen swords back.

I did buy wooden practice swords so I could teach Draca, and Hilda could teach Ymma and Inga to wield a sword. Watching Hilda practice showed me that her style was too different from mine for me to be able effectively to teach the women. Hilda used quickness and finesse; I used brute strength. I made sure to tell Draca that Saehild was NOT to be touched. I would let him use Mildrith occasionally to give him a little variety. I was surprised when he thanked me for teaching Aebbe so she could teach him how to pleasure her, too. I realized, surprisingly, that I had only been with Aebbe the one night. Laughing, I also realized that the three women with me were eager enough each night that I hadn’t the energy for a fourth.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.