Monster in the Mirror - Cover

Monster in the Mirror

by Veritas

Copyright© 2012 by Veritas

Flash Story: What if you become the thing that goes bump in the night? Some might like the benefits.

Tags: Horror   Vampires  

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I was somewhat surprised that I could still see it.

I was even more surprised that my face was essentially unchanged. I had expected some sort of dramatic transformation, something that would mirror the radical changes that I now knew had happened within me.

My skin seemed smoother, lacking all the little blemishes and imperfections I used to spend hours obsessing over. It also looked like it was a few shades paler, though, that could have simply been a trick of the poor lighting. My face was a bit leaner giving me a more mature and experienced look – as if it belonged on someone who had lived a much fuller and eventful life then me. But it was my eyes that showed how truly different I was now. They were no longer the same ordinary shade of dark brown that I had inherited from my parents, but a light amber that almost seemed to glow in the poorly lit bathroom. Though the individual changes were slight, and I was still recognizably me, the overall difference was huge.

I looked damn good. Alluring even. Who would have thought?

I opened my mouth and inspected my teeth and gums. Everything looked normal – oh, but how looks can be deceiving. I used the newfound muscles near my jaw and my canines extended to a little over an inch in length. The movement tickled slightly with a faint and strange pressure, but the action was swift and smooth, like a switchblade. Another conscious act and they retracted just as easily.

"Huh..." I heard myself make a questioning noise. 'I wonder how I am going to keep from biting myself.'

I extended my canines once again for a closer inspection in the mirror, from different angles. Touching them with a finger showed me how solid and sharp they were.

A noise from the side breaks my concentration. Looking out through the door into the bedroom I can see him laying there on my bed, covered in only a sheet, his nicely muscled limbs spread out in different directions. He was so handsome – way beyond what I would have normally considered my league. Oddly enough, the small mess of blood at his neck simply made him even more attractive to me now.

Although not unattractive, I was normally considered rather ordinary in the looks department.

I could be pretty funny and friendly, but all through high school and college, I could never quite shake the plain-jane, girl-next-door look I was apparently saddled with since birth. I have had a few boyfriends, but they always seemed just as boring and plain as I was. Ditto with all of my closest friends. All in all, my life had been mostly boring and pitifully uneventful.

It had all changed last night though.

After spending a few days cooped up at home with a fever, I had the uncharacteristic impulse – no, a deep seated need - to spend a night out. I knew something was different, but I couldn't really put my finger on it until I walked into that bar. I felt good; confidant and sexy, like I had never felt before. I had never been particularly graceful, but walking through that bar, I was damn near feline. All eyes were on me and I didn't care. The women were enviously assessing me and the men were openly admiring me. I somehow knew that some in both groups were having lustful thoughts about me – and I loved it, the power and influence I had over them.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.