06 Home - Cover

06 Home

Copyright© 2012 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 48

Flashback – Ben – Beslan

Sitting in the tree wasn't getting me anywhere. In fact, it was just getting me pissed off! Since the terrorists had smashed the windows, I could hear the turmoil inside. The terrorists had moved all the hostages into the gym and had wired the building with explosives. I was just getting ready to leave the tree, when ... What the fuck! I heard two ballistic cracks but NO report from the rifle – somewhere there was a sniper with a suppressed weapon. I listened closely and heard the tinkle of brass hitting the school roof - what a fucking amateur! I pulled the monocular out of my go bag, scanned the hell out of the roof and son-of-a bitch - they had a sniper's hide with a sniper in it on the roof.

Damn! They were fucking ingenious bastards! They removed the guts of a tall heating unit and there inside sat the sniper. Shit! He was so well hidden I hadn't seen him from the ground and if he had not made such an amateur mistake of not using a brass catcher, I wouldn't have been so lucky and located him. I bet none of the Russian forces even knew about him. This was going to be tricky...

It took the rest of the night for me to inch slowly out on the limb of the tree. Every move made the limb groan and creak so I prayed it would hold my weight. It held up until I was just over the edge of the roof when the limb broke and I landed on the roof. I readied the AK and held my breath. But my good luck held as I was behind a heating vent and the sniper didn't come to see what happened. Now to work my way closer to the bastard...

Flashback – Jack – In Moscow

I felt great this morning and put last night's worries behind me. That is until I saw a new e-mail in the inbox waiting to be decrypted. E-mail from an officer was never good and when it was from the Major it was even worse. I loaded the e-mail in the decryption program and walked back toward the bed. Masha smiled at me, then sat up and questioned, "Jack my love what is wrong?"

I tried to hide my concern with a smile and replied, "It's just an e-mail from my Major and it's probably nothing."

Masha jumped out of bed, threw on her robe and declared, "We need to see what is going on in Beslan." She turned on the TV and we both sat on the couch. Things had come to a standstill and I only assumed it was the time for negotiations.

She held my hand and asked, "Jack do you think Ben will be safe without you?"

I squeezed her hand and said, "Well, I taught him all I know so he should be fine if he doesn't go off halfcocked." This prompted a long explanation of what halfcocked meant. When we were finished Masha said something about being fully cocked and one thing lead to another...

Flashback – Major M – Undisclosed base

Damn it's late and things look to be at a standstill in Beslan. I thought it was interesting the terrorists broke out all the windows. I guess they learned about gas attacks from the Dubrovka theater fiasco. I could only imagine how America would react if we flooded a theater with tactical gas which killed more hostages than the terrorists murdered. Heads would roll!

I knew that Sgt. Reynolds would be up soon and would get my e-mail. What a good thought to end my shift! Now, to go home and get some sleep...

Flashback – Jack – In Moscow

The e-mail was waiting for me when Masha and I were finished. She went to the kitchen to make breakfast while I read it and exclaimed, "That rat bastard!"

Masha looked at me and questioned, "Jack what is wrong?"

I looked at her, gulped and answered, "The Major said that since I didn't get deployed with my team he wants me to come back to America to answer some questions."

I watched Masha. She seemed to be thinking, then she announced, "Jack do not worry, you are about to have a relapse. Now I must clean up, change into some clothes and then leave for a little while."

I started to argue but she came to me, gave me a hug and stated, "Jack, I just found you and I will not let your silly Major take you away. When I am gone have a good breakfast then clean yourself up. After I get back you will need to go to the hospital."

Flashback – Masha – In Moscow

I had the required formula in my purse to inflict the illness upon my love Jack, however I could not let him know that fact. He was an astute man and that would engender too many questions. Besides I needed to check in with my office to see what the Sedankina twins were doing and also to give my superiors a report I had fabricated from vapors.

Things were fine until I reached my office where I had an emergency e-mail from Miranda: Her sister was missing and she assumed their adversaries had captured her. I put the office on alert, quickly sent many reinforcements to help her, then sent her a message telling her I had one thing to do then I would be back to manage the crisis.

I rushed back to our apartment and Jack looked great. I was going to hate myself for what I was going to do to him, but it was the only way we could remain together.

I asked, "Jack my love, please reply to your Major and inform him you are having a relapse of your recent illness."

He complained, "Masha, this won't work unless I am in a hospital."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.