But Honey, It Was Just a Dance - Cover

But Honey, It Was Just a Dance

by nakdsub

Copyright© 2011 by nakdsub

Fiction Story: Every marriage needs respect as well as love. She certainly didn't show him any respect, was she cheating on him?

Tags: Heterosexual   Cheating  

I doubt, very much, if I'm the perfect husband. I have a stressful job and I know I sometimes come home a little grumpy. Maybe I'm not the best provider, I'm certainly no millionaire, but we do alright. We have a nice home, two luxury cars, my wife has a closet full of beautiful clothes and my eight year old daughter, Jennifer, has tons of expensive toys.

I also love my wife and daughter very, very much. My wife, Linda, and I have been married for almost twelve years. For the most part, they've been twelve wonderful years. The last six months, however; I've seen a change in Linda. She's been very irritable and, instead of me being able to let off a little steam after work, I have to listen to her bitch about something or another.

Another area we've been having a problem in is the bedroom. I've always tried hard to keep our love life spontaneous and exciting. It seems lately though, nothing seems to please Linda. She has not been in the mood lately or she has the preverbal headache. Little by little, I've been getting frustrated, with her, and with our marriage as a whole.

I started going over things in my mind at work when I had a minute or two and as I started putting two and two together, I was coming up with three, Linda, me, and a lover.

I wondered if it was possible. I'd tell myself no, she would never do that to me, but then I would think, for what I know about affairs, all the symptoms were there. I thought of hiring a private detective, but I had no evidence, all I had were suspicions, and certainly nothing to warrant the cost of a P.I.

So, I started to investigate on my own. I did little things like call the house in the middle of the day. Sometimes she would be home and sometimes not. I got a hold on an old, outside, surveillance camera and mounted under the eve of the garage with and tape unit inside the garage. I wanted to see if any strangers were coming to the house, but after two weeks, there was no one.

I did see my wife leave the house sometimes, then tell me she was home all day, but that's not really proof of an illicit affair.

Time went on and, although I still had absolutely no proof, my suspicions deepened. Her moods were getting worse and we hadn't made love in over three weeks. I was getting pissed!

Our twelfth anniversary was coming up and I wanted to go out and have some fun. It had been a long time since Linda and I had gone out for a night of dinner and dancing and I was ready.

Linda also seemed to be up for it and I had high hopes of a fun night out, and an even more fun night once we got home. We arranged for Jennifer to spend the night at my folks house so we could really enjoy ourselves with no time restraints.

We went to Linda's favorite restaurant and had a nice time, although Linda was still a little quiet. She looked like she was more anxious to get on the dance floor so, after dinner, we went a little place were Linda and I used to dance the night away years ago.

I'm not a bad dancer, if I do say so myself, in fact, that's one of the things that brought Linda and I together. We got a table for two, a couple of drinks, and then it was on the dance floor. We were both having a great time.

After we were both a little tired after dancing for almost forty five minutes straight, Linda excused herself to go to the ladies room. I watched her graceful walk as she left. I thought I also saw her make eye contact with a good looking guy sitting at a table in the back all by himself.

I thought it was strange that a guy would come here by himself, but then I thought, like Linda, his date was most likely in the ladies room.

I watched for my beautiful wife to return. Again, as she walked past him, I could swear I saw them both grin to each other. I was starting to get suspicious again wondering if they knew one another.

Linda sat down and asked me to get her another drink. Rather than get up and go to the bar, I happened to catch one of the bar maids and orderd us both another. I looked back over my shoulder and saw that guy was still sitting alone. He was, most certainly, there by himself.

Just as our drinks came I saw Mr. lonely walk up to our table. He looked straight at Linda. "May I have this dance?" he asked her.

I piped right up. "No thanks," I said.

He looked at me and said, "I was talking to the lady."

Just then Linda chimed in. "Harry," she said, "you're being rude."

"I'm being rude? Let me explain something. This guy just walked up and asked my wife to dance with out asking my permission. That's not only being rude, it's being extremely disrespectful. If he had come to me and asked if I mind that he ask you, I would have probably said okay, but now ... not a chance in hell."

"Harry," she said with a edge to her voice, "we're married but you don't own me. I'm not you slave and if I want to dance with him, I will."

"Now you get this straight," I said getting more and more angry by the second, "this guy was rude and showed me no respect by passing me up and asking you directly, to dance. That's one thing. If you go ahead and dance with him against my wishes you are, not only showing a flagrant disrespect to me, but to our marriage as well."

"Harry, I just want to have some fun." she said.

"Linda it's our anniversary, I want to have fun too, but with you, and sitting here watching you dance with someone else is not my idea of fun, especially when I've asked you not to dance with him. Now you're right, I don't own you and I can't stop you from dancing with him, but if you do, you better get him to take you home because I'll be gone."

I could see the anger in her face, I was surprised she couldn't see the same in mine. "Well I'm going to dance with him and we'll talk about this when I come back," she said.

The jack-ass had a smirk on his face as he stretched his hand out for her to take as she rose up from her chair and they walked out to the dance floor together.

I'm sure they didn't even see me leave because I was out the door before they even started dancing. I was already six blocks from away when my cell phone rang.

"Where the hell are you?" asked Linda in a very contrite voice.

"I'm on my way home to pack a bag, why?"

There was a pause. "What the hell are you talking about ... pack a bag, where are you going?"

"I don't know yet, all I know is I'm getting the hell away from you," I said.

"You can't be serious, Harry, it was just a dance, one lousy dance. You're going to throw twelve years of marriage down the drain over a dance?"

"It has nothing to do with a dance, Linda. Why would you ever want to stay with a man you don't respect? I told you at the table that was what this was all about. I'll be honest, I haven't caught you, but I'm pretty sure you're cheating on me. I suspect with the jack-ass you just danced with. I saw the look you guys gave each other when you went to the bathroom. When he came over to our table he gave me the same amount of respect a guy would give to the husband of a woman he's fucking ... none."

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.