05 Walker - Cover

05 Walker

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Prologue

Present – Banzai Ben – On the road – bus attack

Run, run, run! Feet don't fail me now! The shouts and swearing in Spanglish continue, as do the reports and rounds from the AK's they are firing. If I stop I die!

Most people don't realize how hard it is to hit a moving target with a rifle shot. Oh it's not hard if the target runs right towards you or directly away from you, it's not even that hard if the target moves at a consistent speed and direction across your field of fire. None of which I am doing...

Fully auto AK fire still dances around my feet...

Dumb fucks! They think the more lead they throw at me, the more likely it is they will hit me. I do know if it was me doing the shooting, I would have already been dead. I had practiced hitting moving targets, mostly squirrels from the time I was a small boy. Most of it was just guess work and luck: Lead the squirrel a certain amount, then squeeze the trigger and follow through – just like shooting a shotgun. Then I joined the Corps and they refined my guesstimations and now I was pretty damn good at hitting a moving target.

The rounds are getting closer, time to change speed and direction. Good that throws them off and the swearing increases. I finally hear, "¡Mueva sus culos y vaya le consiguen!"

"Move your asses and go get him!"

Good, my plan is finally working. Draw them away from the deathtrap bus, the passengers and especially Stacy. I feel like shit leaving her and the others on the bus, but at least I sent Manuel to hell first. I will not abandon her - this is not a retreat! Marines never retreat - it's a strategic relocation.

Finally it happens: There's a lull in their firing. I pull up my M4, and touch off five rounds. Unlike them, my shots are aimed. Shit! Only four of them connect!

As hard as it is to hit a moving target, it's even harder to hit a moving target when you're moving too! I should have hit that fifth bastard, but he was lucky today, I stepped on a rock and almost went down so my shot missed. If they were pissed at me before for running from the deathtrap bus, they were really pissed now since I'd taken out four of their hombres.

The firing increases along with the yelling as I switch directions, change speed again and hear, "¡Cada uno después de él!"

"Everyone after him!"

Good, killing a few of the bastards got their full attention, now I need to do my best to keep it.

I fire a couple more, well placed shots and two more fall. The rounds and the hombres are getting closer to me...

Present – Stacy – On the road – bus attack

Uhhhh, my head! What happened? I wake up and ... and ... and it sounds like I'm in the middle of a war. I open my eyes, it's just getting dark and I yell, "Ben!"

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.