New Student - Cover

New Student

Copyright© 2010 by lordshipmayhem

Chapter 1

"So have you decided yet?" Stuart regarded me gravely.

"Yes," I responded. "I've decided to take your pawn." I made the appropriate moves on the chessboard between us.

"I actually wasn't talking about that. I was talking about your niece. You know, Gloria?"

"Hmm?" I feigned hardness of hearing.

"You haven't decided, have you."

"No, dammit," I muttered, staring at his rook like it could grow wings.

"She does like you, you know. She idolizes her aunt."

"Yes, I'm the cool one." I rubbed my temple, my headache becoming worse. "Are you going to make a move, or concede?"

"I shan't need to concede at all. Mate in seven."

"WHAT?" I took a closer look at the board, sighed and placed my king on its side.

"Your mind is on your problem with your niece, not your game," he observed with a kindly voice. "Let's settle that little matter and then you can concentrate on this."

"OK." I was tired, but my old teacher was right: I had to make some decisions, and communicate them to my family.

"So, how old is she again?"

"Twelve. She graduates from Grade 6 in a month."

"And which middle school does she want to go to come the fall?"

"You already know that, so you must be trying to focus my mind on that. Gymnos."

"Her parents know about your and your husband's lifestyle?"

"Yes, and they're officially neutral about it."

"And you work at?"

"Gymnos Elementary. And yes, that means I can go nude 24/7/365. And I do." I stared him right in the eyes. "And I love it."

"So, what's the problem?" Stuart leaned back. I swear if he ever smoked a Meerschaum pipe like the old Sherlock Holmes cliche, he'd be doing that right now.

"Gloria has never, ever, EVER gone to even so much as a nude beach, let alone stayed at a naturist resort for a weekend. I think the closest to social nudity is sleeping in the nude."

"Have you discussed this with her parents?"

"No. I've been kind of hoping that Gloria will bring it up with them."

"It's going to have to be quick. Gymnos Middle School will only hold that position open for this upcoming week. If we don't hear by 4:00 on Friday, I'll have to tell them it's too late, and we'll go to the waiting list."

"I know, Stuart, I know. I'll try to talk to her parents this weekend."

"Ellen, this weekend is almost over. It's already Sunday afternoon." He stood up, chuckling, still kindly. "Think of it as the penalty for losing the game."

"Thanks," I replied sourly. I rose as well, grabbed my sitting towel and walked back to my cabin — and phone.


Bill was sitting at the picnic table in the front yard of our cabin, trimming his bonsai tree. The two Dandie Dinmonts, Digger and Dozer, greeted me affectionately as I walked up. I grabbed the cordless phone from the kitchenette and dialled a familiar, long-distance number.

"Hello? Gloria, honey? How have you been? Good. Have you talked to your parents about which school you want to attend yet? Oh. No, I haven't talked to them, and I think you would have heard quite the explosion if I had have. Are your parents there? OK, have them call me back when they return. We need to get them onside by Friday if you're going to attend Gymnos next term." She then let me know a pertinent piece of information. "Yes, I think that would have let the cat out of the bag." I turned to my husband. "She's sunbathing in the nude right now. Her parents are out at a meeting of their church."

"Trying to break it to them that their daughter wants to run around with a bunch of naked teens, are you?"

"You got it."

"How do you think they'll take it?"

"My sister has known about my lifestyle since college days, but still ... I think I'd freak if I were in their position. I really don't know, though." I sighed. "I'm an adult. Gloria is far from it. And this would mean she'd be living far from home, as well as naked as the day she was born."

The 5-year-old twins from the cabin next door came running by at that moment, setting off the Dandies. I love the dogs dearly, but they are quite the yappiest breed on the planet. There's a breed in Africa that doesn't bark, maybe we can go with a brace of those when the girls go to the Great Kennel in the Sky.

"Walk!" commanded their father, futilely. His daughters continued to run home. "Aren't you glad you don't have kids yet?" he asked me with a chuckle as he hustled to catch up to the streaking sisters.

I looked at my husband. I'd stopped taking birth control recently, hopefully it wouldn't be long before we'd have our own little streaker. Or two. We wanted a couple of kids, preferably before I turned thirty.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.