My Old Flame - Cover

My Old Flame

by Stultus

Copyright© 2009 by Stultus

Flash Story: My Old Flame... I just can't remember her name! A Halloween story of mirth, murder, madness, arson and a little bit of hope. Some other story codes used incidentally as background.

Tags: Ma/Fa   Romantic   Horror   Humor   Halloween  

I suck at doing Flash stories, but here is one last try!

I'm badly behind this week so I didn't have time to get this story editing. Hopefully the inevitable typos and errors are minor.

This story is based upon the classic Spike Jones version of the song. The original Billie Holiday version is pretty darned good too!

The Spike Jones version of My Old Flame is available as a free unrestricted MP3 Download at:

http://spike-jones-and-his-city-slickers-my-old-mp3-download.kohit.net//107878

My old flame
I can't even think of his name
But it's funny now and then
How my thoughts go flashing back again
To my old flame
My old flame
My new lovers all seem so tame
For I haven't met a gent

So innocent or elegant
As my old flame

I've met so many men
With fascinating ways
A fascinating gaze in their eyes
Som who sent me up to the skies
But their attempts at love
Were only imitations of
My old flame
I can't even think of his name
But I'll never be the same
Untill I discover what became
Of my old flame

I've met so many men
With fascinating ways
A fascinating gaze in their eyes
Som who sent me up to the skies
But their attempts at love
Were only imitations of
My old flame
I can't even think of his name
But I'll never be the same
Untill I discover what became
Of my old flame

(Music & Lyrics by: Arthur Johnson / Sam Coslow)


"Fascinating ... you say?" Detective Archer muttered, more to himself than to the suspect, who was cheerfully seated on the other side of the table and being enthusiastically cooperative. He was also quite barking mad, a sick but dangerous preditor who had kidnapped, raped and murdered at least two dozen young women over many years. This case was going to earn him a citation and maybe even a promotion.

"Oh, Yes, yes, yes, indeed! They all had a fascinating way about them; that certain gaze in their eye! They wanted me to collect them! To keep them save and protected!" The earnest short man declared sincerely.

"Protected ... you say? You kidnapped twenty-three women that we know of so far, twenty-one of which you kidnapped, raped, strangled, raped their dead bodies again, cut off their heads and then buried their bodies in a shallow grave. You then shrunk their heads and used them to decorate your house."

"Exactly! I tended their lovely shrunken heads and their graves with great care. I even put out flowers every Sunday!"

"Quite so. That made it easy for us to find most of the graves, but why hadn't you strangled the two girls that we found in your barn? You'd kept Mary Milligan alive for over two years!"

"Jenny I'd only had for a short time and I liked the way she screamed at me. I was going to strangle her soon! Mary ... well, she had been a Catholic school girl and she discovered that she enjoyed being raped ... and that took most of the fun out of keeping her. I couldn't strangle her either; she kept telling me no, so I didn't know what to do with her!" Our mass murderer showed remorse at this, that his victim had told him, rather firmly apparently, that she most definitely did not want to be strangled ... and he conceded.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.