Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 1 - Displacement - Cover

Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 1 - Displacement

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

Chapter 14

As Dusty left the bathroom he tried to work his way around the room.

He noticed Marie surrounded by several young men laughing and talking with them. She saw him and waved at him and smiled. Dusty smiled back as he waved to her.

Some of them were trying to get close to her, but Marie had a way of shifting to the side to make it seem like a bad idea. But it didn't stop them from trying over and over.

He saw Rachel surrounded by a few men as well laughing and talking.

But she had one arm around one young man who was standing next to her and who also had his arm around her.

As Dusty was going past she noticed him and quickly removed her arm from the young man as she then stepped away so the young man was no longer touching her. The young man appeared bewildered by her actions.

She then blushed and waved at Dusty trying to smile at him. Dusty smiled and waved back as he continued on. He noticed her whispering to the young man who looked at Dusty and blushed.

"I see something never change no matter where you go," thought Dusty to himself as he noticed the similarities between Lindsey and Rachel didn't end with just the similar looks.

She may have told everyone that she was trying to get Dusty to be with her, but she also had no problem filling her dance card with any other cute men while she waited either.

He also saw Lori on the far side of the room surrounded by quite a few men as well, but she looked like she was bored and wanted to be anywhere but at this party. Sometimes her looks bordered on scowling.

But suddenly she looked up and saw him, gave him a steamy look and blew him a kiss as she smiled openly and seductively at him.

All of the men around her turned as one, frowning, to see who she was doing that too. They wanted to know who was ruining all their hard work with the beautiful woman.

Dusty blushed as he waved back and continued walking.

Her attraction to him might get him killed one day he thought.

He finally saw Suzan in the corner and she was also surrounded by a half dozen men. A couple of the men were from the bathroom, with one of them being the man who was talking about getting her in his room tonight.

As he got closer he noticed that Suzan wasn't saying much and was looking shyly around her. But the men kept trying to get her to talk about anything so they could hear her voice again.

As Dusty got close he excused himself and asked if he could talk to his teammate Suzan a moment, reached for her hand, and pulled her after him without looking back. Suzan meekly followed with her eyes downcast.

She seemed surprised by Dusty's actions, but allowed him to take her away from the group of men. The men seemed a little put off by his doing this, but they wisely didn't say anything. They didn't want to seem possessive to a possible bed time companion.

Still firmly holding her hand caused Suzan to blush as Dusty walked her out to the hallway, where once there he turned to talk to her.

"Suzan you should be careful. One of the men in there with you just now was talking about taking you up to his room and having his way with you. He doesn't respect you, but was only looking for a quick roll. I wanted to make sure you knew what he was up to. I don't want him to trick you in to believing he's something he's not," said Dusty.

"Does it bother you that he wanted me that way?" asked Suzan softly with a neutral expression. She found herself gazing into Dusty's eyes as she asked.

"Yes of course it bothers me. I don't want anyone to take advantage of you," said Dusty exasperated. He was not sure why Suzan wasn't taking this more seriously. What was with her?

"Would it bother you to know that a few days ago when I thought you were with Lori he took me to town to show me around?" asked Suzan again softly.

"WHAT! Do you know what kind of sleaze he is? My god he was talking about what he was going to do to you once he got you to his room tonight to everyone. You have to stay away from him!" said Dusty excitedly.

It was really bothering him that she didn't see him for what he really was.

"But why do you even care? I'm just your friend. We're not even involved. Why does it matter to you if I have a good time with someone else?" asked Suzan still softly.

She was trying to lead a horse to water, but he just wasn't drinking.

She still hadn't broken her gaze into Dusty's eyes

"Suzan we're close, and it would just kill me to have anyone harm you while I stood by and did nothing," said Dusty now looking her in the eyes.

He was beginning to return the intense look she was giving him.

Suzan just stared back blankly at Dusty without saying anything for a moment. She was thinking of how to phrase what she was going to say next.

"Why are you worried about the situation? I have to say I thought he was pretty nice... ," said Suzan continuing to speak softly while holding Dusty eyes with hers.

"AARRGGH!! Fine if I can't make you see what type of asshole he is, then I'll make him stay away from you. I won't let him screw you over while I can help it!" said Dusty in a huff as he started off.

If Dusty had looked back he would have seen Suzan smiling widely at his retreating form.

Suddenly she was far happier than she had been in weeks. Certainly better than before the party started.


Dusty couldn't get the man alone during the party. The man pointedly ignored him whenever he tried to talk to him. He decided to wait till after the party to speak with him.

Of course all four of the women asked him to dance among quite a few other women. He was surprised, he was used to it working the other way around, but these women weren't shy about asking him or any man. Both sexes did the asking here.

Marie held him closer than he normally would feel comfortable doing. It felt like she was trying to mold her body into his. And as soft as she felt she was well on her way to accomplishing it.

With both of her arms around his neck her smile held a promise of charms not yet beheld before by him.

When it was Lori's turn, she told him she had to tell him something as they danced and when he got close enough she put her tongue in his ear when he leaned down. It took everything he had not to jump out of his skin.

When she put her warm tongue in his ear he felt lightning start from his ear and end in his pants as he tried to hide the tenting.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.