Idin Noah - Cover

Idin Noah

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 7

Now.

I rounded the corner to the alley ready for a fight, I could still smell blood and cordite in the air, I passed Sharon's crown vic in the entrance to the alley. I could sense one heart beat weak ahead, I went toward the dumpster to find a crumpled man laying there, near him was the body of a homeless man, as I was kneeling to check on him I heard Lilian drop from the roof to the Alley floor.

"I got her partner here, he needs an ambulance." I say to Lillian.

"I got a body here, female well whats left of it, looks like one of Cains lot, Jesus what was Sharon packing?" Lillian said, I could hear the wonder in her voice.

"A special 45 round I cooked up" I said.

I was busy setting the leg of Sharon's partner, the pain must of woken him he started to struggle.

"Its okay, we are here to help." I said

"Sharon they have Sharon." He moans out.

"be still help is coming." I say.

It looked like he hit his head pretty hard, he needs to be going to the hospital sooner then later.

"Lillian clean that up, I need to get an ambulance here." I say.

"They got Sharon, monsters..." Her partner babbles.

"Its okay we will take care of it." I say.

I stood and took in the scene it took me only a few seconds to get all the details I need, I walk to Sharon's crown vic, I turn on the radio.

"Officer down, shots fired, need an ambulance." I say into the radio.

I gave the dispatch the location before turning it off, I walked back to see the body of the vampire was already gone, and yet Lillian did not have a stain on her, I momentarily pondered how she did that, I followed the scent of one vampire with Sharon toward the man hole cover.

"they took the sewers." I say.

"Not dressed for it." Lillian said.

I shrugged.

"Whatcha gona do." I say, she frowns at me as she lept down, I followed her pulling the cover shut over us.

If you ever been in a sewer you know its not always like the movies, often times there is not enough space to stand, you can find yourself crawling very quickly, Lillian was managing to do a kind of squat hop through the sewers, some how she still looked graceful in her high heels.

"Ah they knew what to do Idin, I can't smell shit in here." Lillian says.

"Strange, thats all I smell." I say.

"You know what I meant." Lillian says

"I can track her." I say.

"How Idin? I don't see any sign of them." Lillian says.

"Shes my daughter." I say.

"Adopted." Lillian says.

I squeeze past her giving her a dirty look, we move on, Lillian is humoring me, I feel something against my foot, I reach down sticking my hand into the muck pulling out Sharon's gun.

"Im impressed." Lillian says.

I ignore it and keep moving.

"Idin what I meant was you don't have a connection with her like we do to our children, that is all I meant." Lillian says.

We move on for several more miles, and I find a shoe.

"Idin not to be the pessimist but do you really think her abductor would let her leave a trail like this for us to follow." Lillian says bracing for my response.

I stop and think for a moment.

"what direction are we heading." I ask.

"North." Lillian says.

"Your right we are being guided away from something." I say.

Just then my phone starts to ring.

"How are you getting signal down here? I can't even get service in my apartment." Lillian says.

I reach for my phone, the display shows the caller ID as Sharon, I stare at it for a moment.

"Seriously Idin who is your provider? I need to switch." Lillian says as I answer the phone.

Else where.

Jennifer sits in her apartment, finishing off the bottle of wine, as she is cleaning up she notices that Idin and Lillian did not touch there food, they just moved stuff around on the plate. She could of swore they had taken bites, but she stares at the evidence that they didn't, it serves to emphasize exactly why she should not get to know these people any better.

After she cleans she sits on her couch with the bottle, wondering if she made a mistake kicking them out, Idin's story was so intriguing, she could only imagine what other tales he could tell. She imagines all the swashbuckling adventures he must have had, was he ever a pirate? Or a the captain of a ship? Did he sit and watch as the Egyptians built the pyramids, did he see the rise of civilization in ancient sumner?

She takes a swig of the bottle, still his world sound dangerous, if he exist and vampires do, what else is out there that humans don't know about? Suddenly her world seemed to grow in size to encompass all these strange creatures with all that history, so much history to be explored. She could learn all these things that humans never knew, she could be a historian of the unknown.

She giggled to herself at the silliness of the thought, she looks at the bottle of wine thinking that is enough of that she puts it down on the able. Still there was more to Idin then his history, there was something about him that appealed to her, she couldn't put her finger on in. When ever she thought of him she could a warm feeling, he certainly was attractive, but still he had a lot of baggage, did he even see her or did she see this Jora that he loved once, would he always compare her to Jora?

She had a lot to ponder before she decided what she was going to do, there was a knock on her door, perhaps Idin had come back? She quickly ran to the door, swinging it open.

"Idin?" She said before the door was even open.

There stood a tall man, he wore a trench coat, the first thing she noticed though was that he was very pale.

"Hold on miss." He said holding up his cell phone.

"Mister Noah." He said into the phone.

"Yes Mister Noah I understand you are upset, hold on, I have some one who wants to speak to you" He said.

He handed Jenifer the phone.

"Sharon?!" Jennifer hears over the phone.

"Idin no its me Jennifer, whats going on?" Jennifer says into the phone.

"Jennifer? Listen stay calm, do what ever that man says and everything will be okay." Jennifer hears the panic in Idins voice, something is very wrong.

The man motions for her to return the phone to him, she does.

"You see Mister Noah I need your cooperation, the matter with the Daughters, I need you to stay out of it, You understand me Mister Noah?" The man says.

"Mister Noah their safety is entirely up to you, do not get involved." He says.

"Tell the bitch with you we said hello Mister Noah, and here is a present for you." He says pulling out a device from his pocket, he press the button and hangs up the phone.

The man grabs Jennifer by her arm and drags her screaming from her apartment.

Elsewhere.

I jump ontop of Lillian covering her with my body, I hear the electric trigger activate on the explosives, on both ends of the sewer section we are in rock from explosions, I can feel shrapnel rip into my back, I try to cover Lillian as best as I can, my phone vibrates in my hand, I figure it can go to voice mail.

"Idin?" Lillian ask.

"Idin?!" she says one more time.

We are covered in debris, I can't think straight, I can't move, it only happens when my body is severely damaged, it has only happened to me a few times in all the years I have been around, at most a few hundred times, not bad for how long I have lived.

Then.

It has been a week at Lilith's cave, the first thing I did was move my lab further into the cave far back from anyone else, I had hollowed out large sections of the floor into an array of chambers, which I had filled with various growth mediums, I was trying to find just the right mixture, I had Amrita travel to various settlements looking for spoiled food, I had gotten the molds and placed them into the vats, now I had to wait to see if I got what I needed it was a gamble but it was all I had. In the time between when I waited I have spent working with various herbs to easy Jora suffering, willow bark has seemed to easy her pain the most.

Amirta sat watching me pace my lab back and forth, Enore was not allowed in there because the fumes could cause infections in her lungs. It was strange but I had not seen Enore seperate from Amirta much, I was wondering why she was here, In my head I kept trying to grasp the knowledge I had, it was like trying to grab sand running through a river in your hand, every time I thought I had it it would slip through, the harder I tried the worse it go.

"You will figure it out Idin." Amrita said.

"I hope I do." I said pacing my lab.

"Iden mother thought you were a dreamer when you came here, now that she sees you actually had a system in mind to make this cure, she thinks differently, she says you have devine knowledge." Amrita said.

"I doubt that" I said.

"Mother said how else do you know so much about his creation?" Amirta said.

"Whose creation?" I said still pacing.

"Mother talks about him, or his world, his people, his creation, she doesn't really explain to us what she means." Amirta said.

I stopped pacing and looked at her.

"Why don't you ask her?" I said.

"She gets sad discussing that, she never mentions it, just some times like when she said you mush have knowledge of his creation." She said.

"Oh" I said.

"So have you made progress?" She asked.

"Yes and no, it seems that helping her nutrition has helped, those fruit you brought have something in them that helps, but its a losing battle, I mean I don't even know if its bacterial or viral, if its bacterial then I have hope, if its viral then I don't have the materials I need." I said.

"We can get more stuff?" she said.

I shook my head.

"It would take years to develop what I need." I said.

"See how do you know that Iden, mother says she used to be like that, thats why she so sure you have an aspect of the divine in you?" She said.

"Amrita I don't even know what that means." I said.

She shrugged.

I went to check the first vat, nothing.

"Amrita, do you know how Cain was made?" I said.

"No ... well maybe, no we arn't supposed to discuss it." She said.

"Oh, well if they didn't tell you, I mean if they didn't trust you thats fine." I said.

"I know, they told me, its just we don't talk about it." She said.

I smiled at her.

"Its okay Amrita, no need to lie to me I know they still consider you a child, even though in my village 28 winters means you are almost an elder." I said

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.