Idin Noah - Cover

Idin Noah

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 12

Then.

It is late when I get a chance to sneak off to the drop, in the dark I have to avoid the patrols of the Sons of Cain, it was easy because they could not smell or sense me. I find a section of earth disturbed and begin to dig in the moonlight, sure enough there is a stone container, inside is the sword, I pick it up marveling at the weight of it and begin the trek back.

I do not run into any patrols on the way back, when I near the city I see a disturbance, it looks like everyone is up, I grow nervous as I approach, but see that no one is waiting for me, all the guards seem to be excited and paying attention to what is going on in the town square. I make my way to a better vantage point, I see all of Cains Sons there, and Cain himself, it is the first time I have seen him, he is not very imposing.

Several of his sons are attacking a small form, they are holding it down and taking turns attacking it, Cain is smiling and laughing, He stands and address the crowd.

"My followers, tonight I have a gift, the final part in my plan has been delivered to me." He said out loud.

I feel a pit growing in my stomach.

"This monster was found far outside of our town, she is a demon sent to destroy us, But my sons caught her before she could." he said.

I start to move toward the center, pushing past people, holding Lilith's sword.

"And with her blood I shall open the prison of my brothers and free them." He shouted.

As I get near I see Amrita's beaten and bloodied face, her eyes are filled with tears, I suppress the anger, I need to help her, no first I need to light a fire, I slink back into the crowd, no one noticed as everyone is excited at what is happening in the center of the town.

I head to the outskirts with a torch, I light several structures on fire, the more the better. Once that is done I make my way back toward the center of the town, I climb onto roof tops to get a better angle. I see them dragging Amrita toward the temple, five of Cains sons are holding her as she struggles, Cain leads the parade toward the temple. I follow parallel to him, I can only hope Lilith is in place, nine against 200.

"Cain." I shouted from the roof tops.

The whole world seemed to freeze, I held the sword above my head, I could only imagine what I must of looked like, Cains eyes and mine met, he motioned and several of his sons leapt toward the roof tops, the battle is on.

Now.

"Yes the Abusso, you see Mister Noah, we are not exactly apart of the Sons Of Cain." The man says

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"My Name is Jordan, me and my compatriots consider ourselves more The sons of Enoch." He says.

I nod at that.

"Hence the Abusso." I say.

He smiles.

"I forget how old you are Mister Noah, yes Enoch swore that the Abusso would never be opened, there have always been some of us in the ranks of Cain who remember these things." He says.

I smile at the memory of Enoch.

"So this whole time you have been preventing the Daughters from trying to open it." I say.

"Exactly Mister Noah, we did not want to have you interfere it was thought by taking your women you would comply with our wishes." He says.

I shake my head.

"That was a sure way to get me involved." I say.

He nods.

"We see that now, our records indicated you would do everything to ensure their safety first, we obviously misinterpreted what that meant." He says.

"So what now." I say.

"Obviously we return your women, but we do not wish you to be helping the Daughters." He says

"Oh you can count on me doing everything to stop them at this point." I say.

"Good, but we have taken their artifacts, they are safe on this boat." He says.

I shake my head.

"There are four daughters on the loose looking for you, I would say they are not safe." I say

"We plan to incase the artifacts and throw them overboard." He says.

"Why haven't you done this already?" I ask.

"We had hoped first to dissuade the daughters, these artifacts could also have been used for a bargaining chip at a later date if the need arose, tossing them to the sea would be a last resort." He says.

I laugh it didn't mater the vampire they always work and angle to everything they do.

"Bargaining chip? Please ill help you throw them over board." I say.

"Idin we got trouble!" Lillian shout came from outside.

We both stand and run toward the door, we got outside to see the boat deck erupt with gunfire, the guards shot wildly out into the water, four women leapt from the water firing at us. I watch as the guards and Jordan erupt into flames, they are firing incendiary rounds, I am hit several times, never have I felt such pain, I fall to the deck to avoid getting hit again.

Inside the boat.

Jennifer and Sharon hear gun fire, it comes in rapid burst they hear shouting, and an explosion.

"be ready." Sharon says.

"For what." Jennifer ask.

"Anything." Sharon says.

More gun fire and shouting, the entire boat seems to rock back and forth, it sounds like a motor is started, someone stumbles into the room, they remove the blind folds and begin to cut the rope, it is a young women.

"Connie?" Jennifer asks.

"Yes shhh, we need to get out of here." Connie says.

She cuts the rope, and looks toward the door.

"we have to hurry." Connie says.

Connie walks to the door, A form appears in the doorway, a tall women dressed in black, she raises a rifle and fires it right into Connie's chest, Jennifer watches in horror as the girl seems to be ripped apart. Sharon dives for cover taking Jennifer with them, the women watches them jump and laughs, she raises her rifle to fire.

Suddenly her head is no longer attached to her body, behind her stumbles in Idin, he is holding her head in his hand, his clothes are torn, large section of his midsection seem to be glowing from an internal fire, pieces of his skin are charred and falling off, he coughs up smoke.

"My god dad what happen?" Sharon runs toward him.

He holds up a hand.

"Incendiary rounds low velocity, they hit and stay put, something new." He says gasping.

He stumbles to the end of the room, he starts to punch at the wood, Sharon and Jennifer follow in horror.

"Lillian don't fail me." He says

He continues to punch and tear at the wood, soon they can see water just feet from the hole.

"Outside now." He says wheezing, grabs at his side digging his fingers into a wound there, he pulls out a glowing chunk of metal and drops it to the floor where it sizzles.

"Dad theres nothing out there." Sharon says.

"Trust me." He says.

Jennifer steps up to the hole and hugs Idin.

"Ok." Jennifer says jumping out the hole.

"Your coming too right?" Sharon ask.

"Ill be right behind you, I just need to kill some vampires and sink a boat" Idin says.

Sharon kisses Idin on the cheek and jumps out into the water, she finds Jennifer and they grab each other, they begin to swim away from the boat, they both look back to see no sign of Idin, they see gunfire still going off on the boat, as well as a fire starting, thats when they notice a small boat outlined by fire, it is moving toward them, but it is not powered.

Both women begin to swim toward it, it looks empty, they reach it and pull themselves aboard, on the floor is Lillian, she is bleeding from several wounds, and is gasping slowly, her eyes are shut and she seems unresponsive.

"Damn." Sharon says.

"Lillian's hurt?" Jennifer says.

"Least of our problems." Sharon says starting up the boats engines.

"We gotta go find dad." Sharon says turning the boat back.

As she begins to move toward the larger boat it seems to go up in a strange blue explosion that blows the boat into thousands of pieces, strangely the fires are all extinguished by it, the shock wave almost overturns their small boat, Sharon ducks down and watches as the boat sinks.

"Idin" Jennifer shouts.

"Its okay he will be fine." Sharon says turning the small boat back in the direction of the harbor.

As they go they notice Lillian's is becoming even more pale.

"Umm Jennifer." Sharon says at the wheel.

"What?" Jennifer says trying to bandage Lillian's wounds.

"She needs blood." Sharon says.

"We need to get her to the hospital." Jennifer says.

"No Jennifer, not like that, she needs blood." Sharon says.

"Wait what ... OH oh no." Jennifer says.

Then.

It seems like hours yet I know it has only been a few minutes, I have been a blur of motion hacking and slashing through Cains sons, the crowd is watching as I slay one after another with Lilith's sword they go up in flaming glory with each slice. Unfortunately for everyone that burst into flames two more pop up, I have been leaping from roof top to roof top trying to get near the temple, but Cain has it surrounded by his brood.

I see movement out of the corner of my eye, seven blurs moving through the crown, my reinforcements have arrived, unfortunately the humans have noticed too and I see guards joining the fight. It is a massacre on a scale I could never imagine, the Daughters are ruthless, the sons are equally so, blood fills the streets at every corner, it seems it doesn't matter how many we kill.

I take a leap toward the temple, I land in front of it where the guards are heaviest, I attack and spin, 10 fall at my left, 12 at my right and still more come, I am walking slowly up the steps engaged in combat, it all seems like a dream to me, never have I imagined such carnage.

I see Cains eldest at the top of the steps to the temple, he holds up a hand to stop me.

"Hold." He said.

"Move or die."I said.

"Can you beat him?" He asked.

"Huh?" I said.

"Cain can you beat him?" He asked.

Just than I hear it, a howl in the distance, another surprise is coming.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.