Idin Noah - Cover

Idin Noah

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 10

Now.

I had my bluetooth in my ear, I was doing what Murray had suggested, checking the morgues, Lillian was advising me on which areas to hit up.

"Three deaths in three nights, all with in 10 miles of shelter island." She says.

I nod to myself.

"They could be on a boat?" I say mussing out loud.

"thats what I was thinking." She says.

"Hmm lot of people dock their boat and forget about them for sometime." I say.

"I can check for a registry of boats?" She says.

"I doubt it would do any good if they are squatting at one." I say.

"I could check for any with long term storage, or perhaps ones that have been paid for in advance." She says.

"Do that, let me know what you find." I say.

"Will do Idin." She says hanging up.

I hail a cab, no point going to the morgues now, I tell the cab driver to take me to shelter Island

Elsewhere.

Lilian hangs up on Idin, as she does she gets another call.

"Hello Mother." She says.

"Yes Mother, Idin is helping us." She says.

"Mother you know I don't agree with that." She says.

"Yes Mother, sorry Mother." She says.

"I don't like lying to someone who is helping us." She says.

"Its not sentimental its honorable mother." She says.

"Its not a weakness Mother." She says.

"Fine mother." She says.

"Wait what? How many are you sending?" She says.

"Mother thats uncalled for." She says.

"We can handle this Mother theres no need to send that many." She says.

"I should tell him Mother he needs to know." She says.

"Why are you being so secretive Mother?" She says.

"No Mother." She says.

"I am not Mother." She says.

"I know where my loyalties lay Mother." She says.

"Sorry Mother." She says.

Lillian hangs up the phone frowning, she goes back to looking up the information from Iden.

Elsewhere.

Sharon and Jennifer have manged to prop themselves up against each other, they know the room is dark, they can hear waves lapping against something near by.

"God my head is killing me." Jennifer said.

"I think we are on a boat." Sharon says.

"What good does that do us?" Jennifer says.

"It means if we are out at sea there is no point trying to escape." Sharon said.

"Unless we can overpower our captors?" Jennifer says.

"Jennifer their vampires, no chance of that." Sharon says.

"Oh." Jennifer says.

Just then someone opens the door to the room they are in, they can hear foot steps walking toward them.

"I am putting food and water down here for you in bowls." A female voice says.

"You know I am a cop." Sharon says.

"They don't tell me whose here just to feed them." She says.

"You know how much trouble you can be in for kidnapping a cop?" Sharon says.

"They are asleep now right? You can untie us and we can go, no one has to get in trouble." Sharon says.

"I do that they kill me, besides they say they don't want to hurt you, just make sure someone doesn't interfere with their plans, once they are done you will be set free." The women says

"whats your name?" Jennifer asks.

"I shouldn't be talking with you." The women says.

"Oh thats okay, my names Jennifer and thats Sharon." Jennifer says.

"Is she really a cop?" The women asks.

"Yep shes a detective, Im just a student, what do you do?" Jennifer asks.

"I waitress at a club." The women says.

"Oh thats cool, I waitressed for a bit to help pay for school." Jennifer says.

"You did?" The women asks.

"Yeah at a club in downtown, tips where pretty good." Jennifer says.

"I should get going." The women says.

"Hey could you do me a favor?" Jennifer says.

"What?" The women ask.

"I am kinda dehydrated, I was drinking last night, could you help me drink some water?" Jennifer ask.

"um ... okay" The women says.

Jennifer can hear her approach, she holds her head while helping her drink some water slowly.

"You know our name, whats your?" Jennifer ask.

"Um Connie." She says.

"Well thank you Connie, its nice to meet you." Jennifer says.

"Um nice to meet you too." Connie says.

"I should go before I get in trouble." Connie says, they hear her leave the room.

"Good job Jennifer, humanize us to her, make friends." Sharon says.

"Shes afraid Sharon, she may not be here willingly." Jennifer says.

"Well that makes three of us." Sharon says.

Elsewhere.

It is the fourth time I have walked the length of shelter island, the charm has not made a peep, I wonder if Murray did it right, or perhaps I am some how preventing it from working. I could have Lillian walk the island at night, although that my risk her being exposed to their captors, I am growing frustrated with the search, I am coming up on dead ends.

I decide to get closer to the docks and boats this time, I am halfway to the end of the docks when I catch the smell, it smells like sewage, I hold still and take another deep breath, sure enough I catch the faint scent. Its not Sharon or Jennifer, but it could be the one that set the false trail, I follow the scent, its coming from the ground, its not on the air, so someone walked through sewage and came this way, I follow it to an empty birth.

"Fantastic." I say.

I call Lillian.

"Hey can you look up whose renting dock 42." I ask.

"Sure thing, give me a second." Lillian says.

"Yeah its a longterm rental, Nathan Moore, paid up for a year." She says.

"What kind of boat?" I ask.

"A 60ft Yacht." She says.

"Its not here." I say.

"He lives on the east coast, looks like its summer toy." She says.

Its winter.

"Well I think we found our boat, but its out to sea." I say.

"Idin..." She says.

"What is it Lillian?" I Say.

"I need to tell you something." She says I can hear the hesitation on her voice.

"Your Mother is sending reinforcements, she doesn't want me to know." I say.

"Idin how did you know?" She ask.

"I have been around long enough Lillian, thanks for telling me I appreciate it, besides your mother wouldn't be a competent leader if she didn't cover her ass like that." I say.

"I am sorry I didn't tell you sooner Idin." Lillian says.

"Hey no worries Lillian." I say.

"So how does a late night harbor cruise sound?" I ask.

"oh romantic." Lillian says.

Elsewhere.

London.

The alarms blared through the building, the plan was going south quick, but it didn't matter they had the artifact, his team was in the process of escaping the building, he would be home free. Him and three of his men ran through the upper floors rifles at the ready, as they where heading toward the fire escape a tall women in white rounded the corner, she saw them and bared her fangs.

"We will cover you take the artifact and get out." One of his men said, he nodded and turned.

He could hear the gunfire behind him, he could also hear the screams of anguish, he burst through a door on his right, coming into someones room, it looked empty, he ran toward the window, it was secured. He reached into his pouch pulling out the small explosive, he placed it at the window and set the charge, the explosion rocked the room, a few minutes later three women entered the room, one covered in blood.

"It was cains lot" The one covered in blood said.

"Looks like it went out the window." One of them said going toward the window.

The one covered in blood surveyed the room.

"You two go out the window, track him." The bloody one says.

She watches as her two sisters jump out the window to chase the vermin, she turns to leave the room but then she catches the scent, she almost missed it with the explosions smell, she stops and looks around.

"come out come out where ever you are." She hisses.

Suddenly he burst from the closet, he strikes her in the face, but she recovers she grabs his throat and lifts him in the air.

"How dare you strike me, you know how much stronger we are then you." She hisses.

He starts to laugh.

"You are strong but we are many bitch." She tightens her grip on his throat.

He still laughs.

"Why are you laughing little man." she says.

"Because we will never allow you to awaken her." He says

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.