Jennifer - Cover

Jennifer

Copyright© 2009 by zaliterr

Chapter 6: Learning Things

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6: Learning Things - Frank's life was going well. He had a good job, and a beautiful and fun-loving girlfriend. Alas, the girlfriend had some emotional baggage.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex  

Jennifer's fifteenth birthday fell on a Saturday. Frank was pleasantly surprised how many friends Jennifer had. The weather was good, and almost twenty teenagers filled Frank's living room, kitchen and the small backyard.

Frank did not even attempt to make a surprise party. Jennifer enjoyed organizing her own celebration, inviting her friends and coordinating transportation.

Jeremy, Mary and their kids came for a brief visit. Mary had no problems talking to the high school students, and was already deep in conversation with a group in the yard. Frank and Jeremy were drinking soda in the kitchen. Both of them would have preferred a beer, but Frank was leery of alcohol among the crowd of fifteen and sixteen-year-olds.

"So, how is Jennifer doing in school? She looks pretty popular," Jeremy said.

"She is doing very well. Straight A's, including three honors classes, and gymnastics," Frank answered proudly.

"Glad to hear. Mary was worried about her. She took quite a liking to your Jennifer," Frank said.

"Mary has been a godsend. She's been a fount of information on raising a girl. And she spent a lot of time on Mary, talking to her on the phone, taking her shopping, and so on. I feel guilty about taking so much of her time outside of work," Frank said.

"No worries, Bud. Mary loves mothering and giving advice. Trust me, you asking her help with Jennifer is a bigger compliment than a good review at work. Although a good review is certainly appreciated—it's almost raise time!" Jeremy said with a chuckle.

After Mary and family left, and Frank was taking a break between serving snacks and collecting bags of empty bottles, he looked at Jennifer. She was busy talking to a group of pretty girls in the living room. Frank noticed that she spent little time with her boyfriend Rich.

Jennifer looked like a star. She was gorgeous, in Frank's slightly biased opinion, and she dressed well. Jennifer had an eye for color, and she wore clothes with grace that reminded Frank of Angela. He felt a moment of sadness. Jennifer's open smile, her shiny eyes and erect pose made her stand out even among the well-dressed and made-up group surrounding her.

Jennifer laughed at something, and Frank sighed as he thought, not for the first time, how proud Angela would have been to see her daughter. He checked the yard again, to see if he needed to put out more snacks or soda. Frank saw Sally sitting by herself on a bench.

Sally was a friend of Jennifer, but she didn't match the glamorous look of many of Jennifer's guests. Frank decided to talk to the girl.

"Hello, Sally, how are you?"

"I am fine, Mr. Clare. Thanks for organizing all this," she gestured around her to the decorations, tables with plates, and large trash cans. "How are you?"

"I am well, Sally. And how many times have I asked you to call me Frank?" he chided gently.

"I will try to remember ... Frank," Sally said.

"Besides, Jennifer did quite a bit of this. She made two of the salads, helped me set up the tables, and picked out other food.

"I see you are sitting by yourself. Taking a break?" Frank said.

"Sort of. I don't go to a lot of parties, and don't know them much outside of school." Sally inclined her head toward Jennifer's group, who were laughing again.

"I thought you and Jennifer and Michele were best friends?" Frank asked, curiously.

"We still take many of the same classes, and Michele and Jennifer dress a bit more fashionably and go to more parties. I usually have to go straight home after school to take care of the younger children. Also, with my allowance I have to be selective in buying clothes."

Frank eyed Sally's simple t-shirt and jeans. She had no make-up, but looked fine, if a little sad.

"Are you really okay, Sally? If you need help, or advice..."

"I am fine, Frank. I sometimes envy these other girls, but even if modest, my life is fine. Trust me, I know it could have been far worse. My current foster parents never abused me, and they have been downright polite after your help last year,"

"Um, I didn't..." Frank started.

"Oh, I know what happened. Even before Jennifer told me, I guessed something. Jennifer was bitching to me — sorry for the expression — about her hard life with her mother and you. I unloaded on her about my own life. You know what I am talking about: I know Jennifer told you afterwards.

"She was completely in shock. She cried. She apologized to me. She offered to take me home, and beg her mother to let me live with you. She was so distraught I felt guilty.

"Two weeks later, her mom died, and she became a complete orphan. I felt even more guilty, but she told me my story helped her stay away from Social Services, so wasn't all bad.

"Then soon afterward the district attorney started investigating the foster parent system. I suspected that Jennifer's story made it farther than I thought, and she later confirmed it.

"Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how hopeless I felt for years, and how gratifying it is that now my abusers are afraid. I think seven people ended up in jail. Even my foster parents, who were strict and greedy but never abused any of their children, suddenly improved. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Frank blushed. "I didn't do much. Jennifer's story horrified me too. I have no direct influence on the DA's office, but I have spoken with an assistant district attorney I know, and a couple of judges, and I guess that started the ball moving. But if you ever feel in danger, or know of some abuse, please tell me!"

"Thank you, Frank. It's good to have friends in high places." For some reason Sally looked sad again, but she was looking at Jennifer now, still surrounded by her fashionable friends.

After the party, Frank asked Jennifer about Sally.

"No, we didn't fight or anything. We are still friends," Jennifer said.

"It's just we have little time to talk. She doesn't have a lot of spare time. She doesn't take gymnastics, doesn't work on the school newspaper. She missed most of the dances."

"You used to spend time in the library with her and Michele. But I don't think you go there as often anymore," Frank said.

"I can do most research on the computer now. And during the day, it's more fun to go to the mall. I have so many afterschool activities. I guess Sally and I just don't move in the same circles."

"What about Rich? Are you meeting him after school?" Frank asked.

"Um. I think I will be breaking up with Rich," Jennifer said.

"Oh? What happened?" Frank asked.

"Nothing happened! Nothing is wrong with Rich. It's just he is rather shy, and well, boring. There is a cute boy in one of my classes, Sandy. He asked me out, but I said I can't go out with him until I break up with Rich."

"You said 'until you break up?' That's going to get back to Rich. Shouldn't you talk to him first?" Frank asked, visualizing himself in Rich's shoes.

"Well, I sort of hinted about it. Rich has already told me he is not comfortable with all of my friends. He is not very athletic."

"Oh, and Sandy is?" Frank said.

"Oh yes. Sandy is on the basketball team. He is a junior and pretty tall. He is really good looking!"

"Hmph!" Frank said. Frank had been a studious, even nerdy student in school. He found it easier to identify with Rich than with the as-yet-unseen Sandy.

Jennifer was beautiful, graceful and confident. It was no wonder that a jock was attracted to her. Frank was a bit sad that she was abandoning her old friends. Still, maybe the good-looking Sandy was a gentleman athlete, with a heart of gold. Stranger things have happened.


For the next two months Jennifer was in a whirlwind of social activity. She had something happening nearly every day. Sometimes she skipped the karate classes to go to games and parties. Frank put some conditions: no alcohol, an early curfew, and detailed descriptions on where Jennifer would be. Otherwise, he let he pick her own company and activities.

Jennifer asked for an increase in her allowance, to which Frank promptly agreed. From what he could see, she spent nearly all of it on clothes.

"Congratulations!" Mary said, during a shared lunch.

"What do you mean?" Frank asked, knowing exactly what she meant.

"Your promotion to senior associate, of course! You don't think I need an official announcement, do you? Half the office knows it's going to be announced on Monday," Mary said.

"Not sure about half the office, but looks like your connections are good. Thank you!" Frank said, grinning.

Frank decided to ask Mary for advice on his foster daughter.

"Jennifer is spending most of her free time with her circle of friends. They are all into fashion, sports and money. What parts I hear, the conversations are mostly about who sleeps with whom, and whose boyfriend has a nicer car. She comes home mostly to eat and sleep."

"I don't think it's too serious, Frank. It's a phase that teenagers go through. They need to establish themselves apart from their parents. They go a little wild. Didn't you say that Angela went through a wild phase? As long as her schoolwork is okay, it will pass. How are her grades?"

"She is not all that wild. She is polite, abides by my conditions, cleans her room and helps in the kitchen. Her grades are still very good. It's just like everything is now a nuisance to her: homework, eating dinner with me, even talking to some of her older friends. Her main pleasure is spending time with her new friends. Of course, all of the new friends are beautiful, have wealthy parents and lots of expensive clothes. And apparently unlimited free time!" Frank grumbled.

To Frank's surprise, Mary laughed.

"What? What?!" Frank was irritated.

"Frank, you just described yourself to a tee. You are wealthy..."

"What? I do okay, but I am not wealthy," Frank sputtered.

"Oh yes you are. You are a senior associate. I don't know any details, but you must be getting good bonuses, I know you the partners' fair-haired boy. And you may not think you are rich, when comparing yourself to the partners, but compared to mere mortals, you are rich.

"Jennifer has a beautiful face, great figure, and moves like a gymnast. I've seen how she dresses—she has the fashion sense and presence that I envy. And, you pretty much let her go wherever and whenever she wants," Mary concluded.

"Rats!" Frank said, after a moment's reflection. "Am I spoiling her?"

"Probably. But I understand why. And by now, it doesn't matter. She is making her own choices. From everything you said, she is not misbehaving. You trying to put restrictions on her, while she is abiding by your rules, and gets excellent grades, would send precisely the wrong message.

"No, you have to continue to trust her to make correct choices. You can't pick friends for a fifteen-year-old, you can only alienate her if you try.

"I recommend you talk to her, and praise her when you like what she does. I would go light on expressing opinions of her new friends."


To Frank's pleasure, Jennifer came with him to the karate practice. They started training at the same time. Recently, Jennifer has been skipping many of the classes, which explained why Frank had his green belt ahead of her.

Jennifer was fast, flexible and aggressive. Her gymnastics training helped with karate, and vice versa. She learned forms quickly, and was in excellent condition. Had it not been for the missing classes, she would have gotten the belt before Frank.

They trained in separate groups, but towards the end of the class, the instructors sat everybody on the floor, and called out two students for surprise examinations.

Jennifer was one of the two. Frank could see both apprehension and excitement in her eyes. She went through the forms well, and had no problems in a brief sparring session. She breezed through the calisthenics designed to check her endurance after a long class. She fumbled one of the applications of the more advanced form, but Frank still thought she was easily good enough for the green belt.

So did the senior instructor. Frank saw Jennifer could barely contain herself while bowing, with the dark-green belt now tied around her slender waist.

After she was dismissed, and barely slowing down to accept congratulations from other students, Jennifer barreled into Frank and hugged him tightly.

Despite both of them being sweaty, or maybe because of it, Frank was extremely conscious of Jennifer's body. Her smell, if anything, made her more attractive. With her hair darkened with sweat, and her breathing still deeper than normal after exertion, it was impossible not to think of her body underneath the uniform. Frank returned the hug, hoping she would step away before his reaction could be felt through his own uniform.

This evening showed him the old Jennifer. She was happy, and proud. She hugged Frank a few more times, paced around the kitchen, and seemed ready to jump up and down.

"Finally! I was hoping I would be tested, but with all the classes I missed, I was afraid it would be months. I wasn't sure it was a belt test when Sensei called me.

"I don't want to miss any more classes. I am glad to be a green belt, like you."

"So, are you going to lighten up on your social schedule?" Frank asked.

"Yes. Many of the parties end up the same people gossiping about the same subjects. I think I can afford to miss a couple of them. I would rather learn new things in karate class."

We'll see, thought Frank.


One evening, Frank called a family council.

Jennifer and Frank sat at the kitchen table after the remains of the dinner were put away.

"I wanted to update you on your assets. You inherited funds from both your parents. Because of the circumstances of Angela's death, you received life insurance as well as a settlement from the city.

"All the funds are in your name, there are no trusts. As your guardian, I manage your funds, but you will control all of them on your eighteenth birthday.

"Here is the breakdown of assets and the summary of investment performance, taxes and other expenses."

They spent the next thirty minutes going over statements and risk levels. There was only one disagreement.

"I have a lot of money. Why aren't you using any of my money for my living expenses or my allowance?" Jennifer asked, a little heated. It wasn't the first time they discussed it.

Frank was firm. "Ultimately, it's my choice, and as your guardian, my decision. My rationale is that if I had been your real parent, I would not have used your money to feed and house you."

"But you are not really my parent. You have not adopted me. The only reason you are my guardian is because I asked you!" Jennifer said.

"True, you asked me, but I decided to apply for permanent guardianship. My decision wasn't made based on compensation of any kind. I decided it was the best course of action for your benefit; I later found it was for my benefit as well. I am very happy and proud to be a substitute parent for you."

The argument finally ended when Jennifer got up and hugged Frank. He returned the hug with feeling.


"I will see you later!" Jennifer yelled, as she ran outside. Her boyfriend Sandy was waiting for her, with his shiny black Mercedes parked illegally. Frank shook his head. It amazed him that a high school junior drove a better car than he did. Frank's car was a modest five-year old sedan. It ran well, and with regular maintenance Frank expected to keep it for a few more years.

Actually, when Jennifer got her license, presumably as soon as she turned sixteen, she could afford a car every bit as nice. Frank, as her guardian, had to approve the expenditure, but if Jennifer really wanted an expensive car, he wouldn't veto it. He thought an expensive car a waste of money for a student, but it wasn't like Jennifer wouldn't have enough money left for tuition.

Well, it was time to hit the computer and clear up his queue of work. He had several meetings scheduled for the next day, and he wanted to be well prepared for them.


During the winter months, Frank drove Jennifer, and sometimes her friends, to a number of gymnastics meets. Jennifer was still doing very well, although she had to work to maintain her balance. She had gained both height and curves since the previous year.

During one of the gymnastics trips where Frank had no passengers other than Jennifer, he had a chance to ask about her schedule.

"Congratulations on your grades. All A's again!" Frank said.

"Thank you! It seems like every term it takes more time to keep up the grades. The teachers give more writing and research assignments, and the difference between a 'B' and 'A' is often another ten pages. I hardly have time for anything except homework."

"It's a bit of an exaggeration, isn't it? You still manage to finish a lot of homework in school, don't you?"

"Only the simple problems that don't need any research or creative thought. Besides, I only do it when the teachers repeat the same material over and over again. I know the teachers don't particularly care for that, but I do get good grades in their classes, so they learned to tolerate it. It still doesn't help with all the reports I have to do."

"You do seem to have fewer outings and parties lately. Now that you are done with the exams, do you want a dinner to celebrate your perfect grades?"

"Of course I do! Why did you think I worked my fingers to the bone for these As?!" Jennifer replied, grinning.

"Well, I wasn't sure if you want to go out with your old guardian. Now that you have a boyfriend with a nice car and all"

"That's different. Our celebration dinner is a tradition, now. Seriously, I am looking forward to it.

"Aside from that, Sandy doesn't care that much for perfect grades. He is bright enough, but working as hard as I do on school work doesn't appeal to him. I may even have a tinge of the nerd about me," Jennifer answered.

Frank wondered if the bloom was off the rose on Jennifer's relationship with the tall and handsome Sandy. Despite his best efforts, he felt possessive about Jennifer and resentful of her boyfriends. He told himself that any father would feel the same, but he knew the root of his jealousy was not a fatherly emotion at all.

"Oh, trust me. With your looks, your clothes and your poise you are nowhere near a nerd. Except maybe in the sense of intellectual brilliance.

"Now, I was a nerd in school. Girls like you were worthy of admiration from a distance. They shone brightly, and were never in reach of us nerds.

"Of course, skipping two grades didn't help my social life in high school," Frank finished.

"Oh, they are certainly in reach," Jennifer muttered, but quietly enough that Frank ignored her.

"How are Michele and Sally doing?" Frank asked.

"Okay, I guess. Lately, Michele is more into the social scene that I am. She changed three boyfriends since the beginning of the year, and is now dating Michael Cornsby, a senior football player.

"Sally is happier. She has never been very social, but now that she is sixteen she is allowed to date, and is scheduled to test for her driver's license."

"I noticed you are talking to Sally more recently," Frank mentioned.

"Yes, I do. You were unhappy that I was pulling away from her, weren't you?" Jennifer asked.

Frank was silent for a minute, but Jennifer, familiar with him, didn't press. He finally said, "Your friends are your own business, but I did think Sally was lonely at some of the parties when you didn't spend much time with her. But how did you know I felt that way?"

"I saw you talking to her more than usual. I usually know where you are at such events. I was actually getting a bit upset about it, but then I realized that you only did that while Sally didn't have others to talk to. That led me to realize that many of my more recent friends were not Sally's friends, and I was spending more time with them than my older friends."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.