Aggy- Book 1 - Cover

Aggy- Book 1

Copyright© 2009 by Green Dragon

Chapter 73

Her Majesty smiled mischievously at her seated Naval Board and its guests, Admiral of the Fleet Virginia Bruce-Cunningham and Commodore HMS McCock, causing those who knew the woman beneath the Crown to develop a nervous twitch wondering what devilment the woman was up to now.

"I am going to enjoy this. Commander McGraw, have Gunnery Sergeant Major Browne march them in please."

Sally McGraw walked quickly to the double doors of the ornate conference room with an expanding sense of curiosity. She opened a door and stood in the doorway.

"Gunnery Sergeant Major, The Queen requests you march them in please."

There was a quiet conversation while Sally opened both doors to the sound of the shuffling of feet. Then there was the whip crack of commands more suitable for a parade ground,

"Party, shun! Double time, march! Left, right, left, right. Left wheel! Right wheel! Mark time! Party! Halt!"

The commands were given to the accompaniment of three pairs of issue ammunition boots crashing to the tiles of the floor at one hundred and eighty paces to the minute.

Sally closed the doors and retired to her position at the recorders.

Wamirant as the senior was on the right and he just looked stunned wondering how he got into whatever it was that was going on.

Carlton had a fine sheen of sweat on his forehead at the edge of his beret. His years of experience left his face emotionless but Virginia, who knew him well, could appreciate the sense of discipline which kept his rising panic rigidly under control.

"Gunnery Sergeant Major Browne reporting with party of two." She saluted.

The Queen looked at her two senior servicemen. She smiled graciously at Iris,

"Thank you 'Gunny', stand easy please."

'Gunny' Browne was to the right rear of the party. She assumed the 'at ease'.

"Mr Wamirant, I apologise to you for the way in which my officers have treated you. In their defence, I can only say that they were acting in the best interests of their ships as they rather selfishly saw it. The loss of "Fairpath" started the rot as your records from there were lost. I acknowledge your frustration with my Navy and I regret you had to find a commission with an ally. That's about to change."

The Queen then turned to Carlton and fixed him with a truly baleful glare. If ever a man standing rigidily at attention could be said to cringe, Carlton cringed as the Queen's features then turned serene as she began conversationally,

"Mister Carlton, Senior Chief Warrant Officer Sir Victor Carlton, one of my most decorated spacers, you are a disgrace. You have shirked your duty to me and to my Navy. You have only began to 'straighten up' when you marry late, even then you continue to shirk your duty...

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.