Aggy- Book 1 - Cover

Aggy- Book 1

Copyright© 2009 by Green Dragon

Chapter 71

"So, there it is Emily," Elizabeth said in an almost exasperated tone, "Aunt Caitlin, when she stops laughing, says I should leave it alone."

Caitlin Winsor, sitting opposite the others, was indeed viewing the Queen's discomfort mirthfully and just managing not to laugh outright,

"I also said they should sort it out themselves."

Elizabeth glared back at her aunt,

"Oh I agree, but there is the small problem that none of them knows about the others – to be exact I presume each knows the others have a son but not the father of the others' sons. See, even I am confused and can't sort out who knows what and I know. Then there is the problem of the sons not known to the others. Oh damn, I'm gone again. Emily, Caitlin I do need your help. I have a very loyal servant who could be very badly hurt. I have several loyal families at risk of exposure. I have the sons who think they know their father but don't and then the sons who don't even have a putative father. There is a senior bureaucrat, a naval officer, and a peeress all to consider. I don't know that I can leave them in ignorance of each other."

"They are a family line of courtesans, you said, Elizabeth?" asked Emily.

"According to the history that's on Griffen. The Matriarch, Nan's mother, gave their Historical Society a detailed history of their family pre-Diaspora. The family Bible is in the grand daughter's hands, that is Nan's daughter, Anna, and if it is correct there has been a long line of Nancarrow women without partners with daughters. Seems this is the first time there has been sons in the line – that's admitted at least."

"Then put the situation to them, Elizabeth. There is a family knowledge there which must have faced problems before and found the solutions to them."

"Thank you Emily. Caitlin?"

"Yes; I think so Elizabeth. There are the boys to consider as well; and the women have seen them interacting. I would put the boys first though."

"Thank you. We can get them out here mid afternoon; let them tidy up and we'll, yes aunt, we, will meet them and ask them to present me with a solution."

"Virginia."

The Queen and her Admiral cordially embraced as old friends.

Elizabeth smiled at her friend,

"I truly do have a pottage to thin out. Bringing the groups to the Palace would have drawn too much attention whereas here ... Emily and the children are up in the nursery; Andrew is with them. Off you go. I'm playing host"

"Your Grace, Commander, Miss Nancarrow. Thank you for coming. My Aunt, Caitlin Winsor, Emily, Countess Blue Hills and I would like to later discuss a matter when I've finished playing host. Miss Laffertys will show you to your rooms and then the boys to the gym and the swimming pool. They will be dining separately tonight."

"Sir Thomas, Ladies, Gentlemen. Caine will show you to your rooms. Until dinner which is informal. Admiral Bruce-Cunningham has an 'op plan', is that the correct term, Caine? Thank you. An op plan for study."

"Willie, Francine, you have my most gracious permission to relax until dinner. Trevor will show you to your rooms."

"Francine, have I ever told you that I get quite squirrelly when my Queen puts on that open expansive bonhomie act?"

"Frequently, Willie, frequently."

"Sir Simeon, thank you for sharing the shuttle with Admirals Milligan and Rowan. You have been put in adjacent rooms. I'd like you to put in some more work because the day after tomorrow, I want this matter ready for complete resolution."

"Sir Victor, Lady Iris, Mr Wamirant. Miss Laffertys will show you up to your rooms. I'm sure Her Grace wont object to your playing in her simulator. Lady Iris, after you freshen up, would you return please, there ... Oh here she is now. Please wait."

"Commodore, Commander, Mrs Kowalski. You two join up with this two and go and play games. Trudi, this is Iris Browne, Lady Carlton; Iris, Trudi Kowalski. You can keep each other company until dinner, perhaps at the pool; mind you there is a collection of young males there. Trudi, perhaps Augustus would like to join them. Don't worry, Cunningham House has live-in lifeguards – don't be put off by the jade uniforms."

"Thank you for joining us, ladies; I have a rather delicate matter to raise."

Elizabeth began, only to be interrupted by Nan Nancarrow. Nan sat erect in her chair as regal and graceful as either of the two royals. Her hands were lightly clasped in her lap and she held her head high to look directly into her Sovereign's eyes.

"Its Aggy, he is the father of our children. I suspected James but I had no idea about Peter. Excuse me your Majesty, I need a bit more information. Erin how many of yours were, oh dear, shall I ask, were derived from Aggy?"

Somewhat defiantly Erin stated,

"All three; I was the 'beard' for those two."

Nan considered that for a brief moment and then turned to the Queen,

"I can see how that complicates matter for you in the Lords if that gets out."

Nan then fixed Sally with a stern gaze,

"When? Please don't obfuscate. The Queen must know otherwise we wouldn't be here." She paused and cocked her head at the Queen, "but why? Caitlin? Yes?" and turned regally to Caitlin Winsor, Dowager Countess of Fernvale.

"Never acknowledged."

Caitlin smiled slightly and nodded,

"When Elizabeth originally told me, I told her I wanted to thank you for teaching Anton all he knew" finishing with a gurgling laugh.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.