Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 94: Nagi

Some distance away in another chamber of the massive landing craft, Nagi's ears peeked, instantly aware of the faint reverberation. Hardening the lines of her mouth, she turned her attention back to the Queen.

"Alright your majesty," She thickly rasped. "You've secured your merchandise; I've done my part, its time to conclude our business."

Funaho, regal and commanding as always, smiled and bowed her head.

"Ah, yes," She sighed indicating a low object laden table to her right, flanked by no less than four of her knights.

"As we agreed," Funaho continued. "Eighty million Juri: Ten times the current galactic bounty for Ryoko, Plus two liters of holy Ouke-no-ki sap," Enigmatic smile never wavering, the Queen's mocha colored eye rose back to Nagi's expectant gaze.

"And of course, the emperor's eternal gratitude."

"I think the money is more than enough." Nagi snorted, amused to note how all the knight's in the chamber, a grand total of twelve in all, bristled at her familiar slightly mocking tone. While official galactic channels recognized the so called statute of limitation as far as Ryoko was concerned. The clearly unofficial enticements set forth privately by Jurian Imperium had been impossible to ignore. She herself had only learned of the 'incentives' a few months past herself.

Ignoring their hostile glares she walked forward to the table, retrieving one of fifty bags flanking four gloss white and metallic cylinders at table center. All emblazoned with a stylized representation of a golden tree branch.

Deftly opening the bag, Nagi poured some of its contents into her opposite hand. A dark smile of pleasure coloring her face as brightly golden coins showered radiantly into her open palm. Not real gold of course, but a mildly radio-centric composite that was nigh on impossible to duplicate in any profitable fashion. She stood for a few moments savoring the weight before glancing back at the Queen.

"Right," She grunted assuming a business like tone. "Have this transferred outside to Ken-oki for pickup."

"Ah," Funaho sighed. "As to that."

Instantly causing Nagi's eyes to narrow, automatically sensing something she certainly wouldn't like.

"I'm afraid, we can't allow you to leave just yet." The queen told her politely.

The bag had hit the chamber floor even as Nagi's hand fell to the butt of her whip.

"If this is some kind of double cross!" She snapped, glaring angrily.

"Nothing quite so sinister I assure you." Funaho waved her hand in mild dismissal.

"Yesterday evening we experienced some difficulties in the shield we have projected over this valley." The queen continued her explanation.

"Under the circumstances, we feel it unwise to lower any portion of it until matters here are concluded!"

Hearing the Queen's pronouncement Nagi glanced angrily around, noting how none of the knights were holding their staves in a particularly relaxed grip.

"This wasn't part of our deal!" Nagi snarled.

"You have been more than adequately compensated for your time, bounty hunter!" Funaho amended coldly. "I'm sorry if your conscious demands, a more rapid departure!" Funaho then straitened, regarding Nagi levelly.

"Never the less, you are going to be our guest for a few days. I suggest you make the most of it."

"I knew this was a mistake!" Nagi snapped, retrieving the bag from the floor with a sweep of her hand. "Every time I deal with Jurians, I wind up with a bleeding ass!"

"We aim to please." Azaka smirked from his place at the queen's side.

"Azaka..." Funaho warned quietly, able to keep most of the amusement from her voice. Turning her full attention back to the seething bounty hunter, The Queen was quick to put an end to their exchange.

"We have prepared suitable quarters for you," Funaho told her in a milder tone. "First class accommodations of course!"

"How wonderful." Nagi snapped acidly, turning on heel and stalking the indicated direction, pausing just as she reached the doorway.

"Just have one of your 'lackeys'." She deliberately emphasized. "Put the money in my room!"

She then turned and stormed out of the chamber, leaving a bemused Funaho in her wake.

"Have they tracked down the nature of the fluctuation in Tsunami's shield matrix as of yet?" The Queen asked, once quite certain Nagi was well out of earshot.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.