Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 74: Hero/Warship

With attention focused on the small screen, Ryoko absently reached into the box and after a moment of two of groping managed to procure the intended prize.

"Quit hogging the crackers!" She hissed in a low voice. Sparing the princess only the smallest of sideways glances.

"You know perfectly well you're the one shoveling them into you trap!" Ayeka whispered, fiercely indignant.

"Shhhhh!" Ryoko snapped "They'll hear your big mouth!" grimacing while gesturing at the small device between them.

That being said the two settled back into rapt attention of Mr. Scan 5000!

"Where did Washu come up with these names?" Ryoko had to admit however once in a blue moon Washu's little devices did come in handy!

Of course it was no big surprise she had these little spy gizmos hanging around. Ryoko knew for a card-carrying fact the whole house was bugged! Probably the Olsen too! Nobuyuki didn't have the monopoly on little quirks and perversion around here! No Sir! Which was why Ryoko was glad she at least was normal.

At any rate this little puppy was just the thing for a covert situation like this! The range was limited but the weather was nice, about upper fifty, but still too early in the year for bugs. Perfect for some roof top snooping!

They'd had a moment of panic when the two below had started signing to each other but 'ol Mr. Scan had automatically started translating using subtitles! It was just like watch English and American movies! Except the translations seemed dead on.

Ryoko felt a sudden poke on her leg. After almost jumping out of her skin, a glance at the princess was rewarded with Ayeka waving an empty can at her and expectantly pointing.

"Sheesh!" Ryoko whispered. Handing Ayeka a fresh can of beer. "When did I become your slave?"

"What do you mean become?" The princess smiled.

"I suppose most people think all diplomats are born with a silver spoon in their mouths!" Hero was signing to a raptly attentive Ryo-chan. Now seated a few feet away, trying to not appear too eager.

"I had to pay my own way through High school and Collage!" He assumed a decidedly dark look. "If I had a spoon my father probably sold it to buy booze!"

"Meow." Ryo-ohki nodded, quietly signing. "I know what its like to have a parent who's on the sauce."

"WHAT!" Ryoko snapped. Seconds before Ayeka clamped a hand over her mouth.

"So your family is poor?" Ryo-chan added glancing about, wondering if the TV in the living room was on.

"We are now!" Hero steamed aloud. Then calming himself continued in sign.

"Thanks to my drunken louse of a father!" Ryo-chan nodded trying to keep up. "No food in the house!" He continued. "Bill collectors calling at all hours! I'm still paying off some of his delinquent loans!"

"What's a bill collector?" She wondered. Not that it really mattered! It was important to Hero. So she figured she'd better listen! He was just so soulful, pouring his heart out to her! Ryo-oki found herself liking him more and more with each passing second.

"You've lead a hard life." She signed to him during a brief pause.

"Well," He then took a moment before he replied. "It hasn't been easy, That's for sure! I practically had to raise myself!"

"You live with you father then?" She asked unable to contain her curiosity.

"No." Hero told her flatly. "He's dead."

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't mean!" Ryo-chan frantically explained.

"Hey!" He interrupted shrugging. "It's ok. He pretty much drank himself to death." Ryo-chan felt sick at heart for him.

"So noble." She sighed, taking a moment when he was glancing away to give him another once over. "So beautiful!"

"What happen to your mother?" She signed, when his attention returned to her. "That is if you don't mind answering that question?"

"She disappeared when I was nine." Hero told her aloud. "The details are a little foggy, I was very young. I do remember the old bastard and my mother fighting. Then she just ups and left! I haven't seen her since!"

"How Sad!" She told him, genuinely wishing there were something she could do.

"I've made inquiries to the Jurian consulate, But never got a reply on the mater." Hero snorted verbally.

"I guess half bred Jurian bastards just don't rate!" He rolled his eyes and grinned. "Unless your royal I suppose?"

Hero forced a laugh, having utter the statement without actually thinking. Ryo-ohki sat blinking for a few seconds, as what he had said, 'sank in'. Then, feeling her hackles raise, hissed angrily.

"I'm Sorry!" Hero replied instantly. Realizing how boorish the remark had been. "I didn't mean it that way!" He continued to stare hoping, praying he hadn't gone too far.

"I've really got to say, I like Tenchi!" He chuckled, truthfully. "It's kinda hard not to, you know?"

She continued to gaze at him, her expression softening only a little.

"Come on!" Hero added, almost to the point of begging. He honestly hadn't meant to offend! "Please forgive me?" Eying him ruefully for a few moments more, Ryo-chan finally sighed.

"Ok," She told him, fingers fluttering like wings. "I guess I understand."

"Wow!" Hero replied, utterly relived. And secretly astonished, thinking he would have knelt at her perfect feet just then. Anything to take that frown away! What was this spell she had cast upon him?

"You really like him that much?" He added wonderingly.

"Uh huh." She signed, nodding for emphasis. Though hoping privately she hadn't overreacted.

"Well, I hope that's as a brother." He smiled, causing her temper to instantly flair anew!

"Of all the cotton picking nerve!" She fumed quietly. "What business is that of yours?!" Ryo-chan signed angrily. Making doubly sure she put the right emphasis on the statement so he'd know he was on dangerous ground! A stray thought also slid past right about then. She wasn't one hundred percent certain what exactly 'cotton' was or how one went about picking it? Between the language skills she'd directly absorbed through her bond with Ryoko, plus the incessant 'barrage of manga and television, Ryo-chan was certain her brain had become easily as cluttered with bizarre trivia as a certain first princess's.

"I'd be really jealous if it wasn't." Hero told her quietly, fixing her with a steady gaze. Ryo-chan froze as she took his full meaning. Seeing his eyes and feeling the heat rise in her face.

"WHOOO HOO!" Up on the roof Ryoko gasped sipping her beer. "He's go'n for the kill!"

"How shameless!" Ayeka steamed, all the while fanning herself and leaning closer to the screen. "He barely knows her! That masher!"

Down on the porch Ryo-chan smiled, hoping it was the right thing to do.

"He's certainly no Tenchi." She thought, a trifle sad, then instantly brightened. "But that's ok! Who is?"

Hero returned her smile, it was a very pleasant moment. As an after thought, possible just to divert, some of the tension of the moment, he reached for the glass just the spilt second Ryo-chan realized it was almost empty. Time seemed to stand still for both when his hand touched hers.

"Oh!" Her mind exploded but she didn't pull away. Taking that as a sign, Hero adjusted his grip and firmly squeezed.

"Ryo-chan." He sighed. Ryo-ohki couldn't think of a reply, she just as suddenly realized she didn't want one. Instead, responding to instinct she drifted forward, feeling the tiniest of sighs escape. Much to Hero's utter delight. From some distant shore, reason raised its mild remonstration. They had only just met, yet the fire he felt seemed to burn away any mist of confusion.

"So beautiful." He whispered her brushing aside a stray lock of hair as Ryo-chan lifted her face and closed her eyes as his mouth was descending onto hers.

Back on the roof. Ryoko and Ayeka were both leaning over so far, there couldn't have been more than inches between the little screen and their noses.

"Oh!" The princess gasped.

"My!" Ryoko gaped.

"GOD!" They said in unison.

"What the hell are the two of you doing up here?" said a voice from behind.

With both of them leaning forward on hands and knees, in their startled haste to sit bolt upright, the princess and the pirate again knocked heads. This time however the impact was literal, causing both to fall over in separate directions. Revealing some incriminating evidence to a certain apprentice priest. Tenchi clucked his tongue sadly at the dismal spectacle.

"Have the two of you no shame?" He asked, looking at the small-screened device which had been reveal to him. "Up here spying!" He sniffed. "The very idea!"

"No no!" Ryoko shook her head while sliding Mr. Scan behind her back. As the first to recover, it was her sacred duty to cover their mutual tracks.

"You've got it all wrong!" She lied. "Were up here watching our soaps!"

"Uh huh." Tenchi grunted, of course not 'buying' what was being sold. Over to the other side Ayeka had recovered enough to finally sit up and start rubbing her forhead.

"Hey!" Ryoko hissed under her breath in that general direction. "Little help?"

"Huh?" Ayeka started. Still looking slightly dazed. Catching sight of Tenchi seemed to be just enough to jar the princess out of paralysis.

"Oh, that's right Lord Tenchi!" She told him quickly. Glancing at Ryoko without much enthusiasm. "The ... weathers so nice!"

"Oh, is that right?" Tenchi snorted wryly.

"Yes!" Ayeka responded sharply, not a very accomplished prevaricator. Like it mattered given the circumstance.

"And the reception..." She added unconvincingly. "Is so much better out here!" In response Tenchi eyed the pair sadly, chewing his lip.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.