Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 49: A gang of five

"Beautiful!" A young man snapped. Stopping to lean against the split rail front fence, he then gestured about at the peaceful surroundings. "I mean this is just fucking beautiful!" He continued as his four companions were catching up with him. Jax then stood up, just so he could lean closer. Right into Sato annoyed face for good measure.

"Yet another fine example of one of your fucking big ideas!"

"Look dip-shit!" Sato replied coldly. Turning only slightly surveying his companion's livid face. "How was I to know the goddamn priest was going to declare himself a holiday?" He snapped.

It had been almost ten years since Sato had lived in Butto. In the total previous fifteen years before, he'd never seen Masaki shrine closed to visitors! Hell! Most people here bouts assumed Katsuhito never slept! The old bastard!

Always creeping around, In the middle of the night. Ready to grab the ear of anyone of likewise nocturnal habits!

"HEY! FUCK FACE!" Jax steamed, shaking Sato away from his musings, "I'm talk'n to you!"

Sato glanced around angrily, the bitching was starting to really 'dig in' and it wasn't like any of them had a better idea.

They and these other three 'losers' had been wandering around the train station, low on cash, same as always. More restless than usual though because Izo's old man, the self-righteous bastard. Had walked in the night before and given the whole group their walking papers. So what if all that shit in his basement was stolen? It wasn't like the old fucker knew any of those ancient pricks at that nursing home!

The rest of the following day Izo's whining about how screwed and 'home sick; he already was inspired a rare occurrence indeed. It got Sato to thinking.

Saying that he wasn't sentimental about his 'younger' days living in Butto would be putting it mildly

Mostly, it had started him 'remembering'. About how filthy fucking rich the Masaki's were! Even though they lived like paupers! That, plus the current situation presented the notion it might finally be time for some well-deserved payback!

'How can my family atone for this shame my son has brought upon us?' Sato remembered the words vividly, could almost see His father. Eyes closed and head bowed. Recalling with the usual bitterness the image of 'Lord' Katsuhito as well. Standing some feet away looking as always like a wizened old post.

"I see no reason to pursue the mater further." The old priest had solemnly replied. God! How Sato had hated that old goat!

"It was after all, only a few coins from the I-ching." Katsuhito continued.

Yeah? So what. Maybe he had taken the damn things, both of them talking like he wasn't even standing there!

"You work hard in the fields and have not been able to provide the guidance a troubled youth needs." The old priest had added gravely. "I believe we should keep this amongst friends and family."

"DOMO! Katsuhito Sama! Domo oregato!" Sato recalled how his father had bowed and scraped. Yeah, just

like always. Most families in the valley and surrounding area sent their kids to help out at the shrine. Like it was some kind of big ass privilege! Working like a dog for that old swine. 'Ass-hole-hito' was the 'nick' Sato himself had applied. It was exactly that kind of reminiscing that had lead them here.

"I got an ideal!" Sato had told his crew. They'd all been crouching in a culvert divvying up bills from a wallet Luks just happened to find. Right along with some guy's shirt, pants and shoes, left unattended in a bath houses locker. 'Tisk'! Maybe he should have invested in a better lock? Well, you live you learn.

"See, there's this old shrine back where I used to live." He had told them.

From that point, Sato had related all of the juicy details. About what sort of objects, just lying around waiting for some enterprising youth such as themselves to liberate.

"No shit?" Hito had almost gasped. "A sword encrusted with gems?"

"And its sheath is gilded in gold!" Sato told them nodding. They were all skeptical of course, particularly Jax who never missed an opportunity, to piss, moan and generally act like the groups designated asshole.

"Yeah, and my cock's loaded with gods nectar!" He had smirked. "Suck it and know heaven!"

It had taken about a day's worth of convincing. That, plus what money they could scrape, and for what?

The shrine being 'closed' if that was even the right word? Certainly wasn't the issue. Nor had Sato been all that thrilled at the prospect of actually seeing that old bastard of a priest. He really hadn't put a huge amount of thought in to the whole thing if the truth were known. With the 'cover reason' they were here blown, the longer they hung around, the better a chance someone would noticed. He'd 'cooked up' the story mostly just to keep Izo's pansies ass whining to a minimum.

The whole mess, had started almost the moment they had stepped off the train and he'd spotted Lon Migi. Apparently the towering tub of lard had made good on his promise. Sato only then recall how the fat fuck used to joke with his old man. Saying, 'that if he didn't make as a 'sumo' he was going to come back and open a bar'. Yeah, everyone else had laughed too. Sato wasn't laughing now. Worst of all, he was almost certain Migi had recognized him.

"So, asshole?" Izo fumed his brand of displeasure. They had been 'stumping' around for several hours now.

"What are we going to do now?" Izo added. He was tired, his feet hurt and they didn't have any money for more than a few sandwiches. They couldn't even go into that rinky-dink diner back in that squirt of piss excuse for a town. All because 'fearless leader' had transformed in to paranoid maximus.

"How bout shutting the fuck up!" Sato instantly snapped. It wasn't like any of them had a plan worth shit.

"Give me a minute to think." He muttered, trying to concentrate.

2

"You boys waiting on a bus?" A voice called suddenly to them.

With almost choreographed precision, each of the assembled group turned heads to regard Washu standing about twenty odd feet away. Her fire red hair cascading in the breeze, providing a perfect frame for her emerald eyes as she stared curiously at the group of strange men.

"Cause, I gotta tell ya," She continued in her characteristic drawl. "The last one past by here over an hour ago!"

The reactions they gave ranged from an appreciative 'Wow!' from Luks to Jax's usual outright hostile glare. Hito true to form held his peace while Sato on the other hand was severely taken aback.

"Who the hell?" His mind demanded. Being actually from this area, he just assumed he knew most family's here 'bouts. This little girl wasn't from one of them! Of that he was certain!

Belatedly, Sato considered she might have dyed her hair that outrageous shade but there was just something about her that told him otherwise.

"Hey!" Washu snapped after a moment. "Round these parts, we expect answers when we talk to someone!"

Soto blinked, realizing he and the entire group had been standing there, open mouthed or just staring blankly.

"A thousand pardons young lady!" Sato said smiling as he formally bowed.

"We were indeed waiting on the bus!" he added, unable to think of anything better. Out of the corner of his eye Sato could see the rest of the fools gaping at him.

"Morons!" he seethed inwardly. There wasn't a tactful bone in any of them.

"It appears we were informed incorrectly about the departure times!" He continued hoping to cover.

"Well, if you hit the road now." Washu responded cautiously. "You can be in Butto in about twenty minutes."

"Much obliged." Sato schmoozed, having a sudden notion. "But if you would please? Might you know what misfortune has fallen, that required the closing of old Masaki shrine?" He 'clenched the deal' by adding one of his patented 'trust me smiles.'

"Well..." Washu began, eying them, particularly Sato dubiously up and down, clearly unimpressed by what she saw. She had been hoping perhaps, that a few well-chosen words would get these characters out of her hair. Admittedly, Sato was more than mildly shocked. He'd always gotten good results with schoolgirls before.

"And then maybe!" Someone suddenly blurted. "You could tell us a little about your pretty little self?"

Three adjacent sets of eyes turned slowly to where Luks had, Sato believed the most stupid, vacant look on his face he'd ever seen. That and a grin so huge it bordered on grotesque.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.