Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 37: Seize the day

"My god!" Tony gasped, standing finally at foot of the path gazing up, taking in the awesome glory that was Funaho. He'd been walking, taking picture and muttering since arriving at valley rim.

So much so both Mihoshi and Michele trailing behind were beginning to think the camera was geared to his legs and larynx. Step, Click! Step, Click! "Good lord!" Step, Click! Step, Click! "Incredible!"

On and on with only minor variations. Until finally standing at start of the modest path leading up to Funaho's monolithic trunk.

"I've heard stories about this tree!" Tony whispered enraptured. "I can't believe how far off the mark they were! It's freaking huge!"

"And, it's giving off heat." Michele murmured, breaking her interval of silence, standing a few feet abreast peering through an extended hand. "How is that possible?" She added quietly, sparing the photographer a sidelong glance.

Tony's response was to kneel at paths end, brushing fingertips through the pools calm surface as Mihoshi looked on curiously.

"Huh." He grunted, withdrawing. "This water is warm!" Turning, regarding his companions. "Probably sitting atop a hot spring!"

"Just enough to turn this valley into a natural green house." Michele nodded wonderingly.

"I thought as much when I first stood here." Across from them listening, Mihoshi smiled thinking to her self. "Of course that was before I knew this was a tree from planet Juri!"

"I gotta get closer!" Tony told them, suddenly animate. Leaping to his feet contemplating the three some odd foot gap for a second before surging across. "Banzai!" He elated his manner reminding Mihoshi of a child on Christmas morning.

"Be careful!" she warned. "The stones toward the base are slick!"

With her warning still dancing in the air Tony's descending foot managed to dislodge one of the smaller fragments towards the tree side edge. It, landing in the pool with a respectable baritone, ker-plop!

"And the water is deeper than it looks!" She concluded, as Tony stared at ever widening ripples where the stone had vanished, enough to temper his approach with additional caution.

"Just like a big kid!" Michele called after him restraining a giggle, taking then another moment regarding the cathedral like beauty surrounding them.

"Wild!" Tony gasped, now touching, gazing up at the base. "You'd think a big ol' tree like this would be covered with graffiti! Local boys, carving their girl friends name and such?" He then glanced their way with what seemed to approach reverent awe. "But there's no sign of anything like that!"

"The people here respect this place and regard it as sacred!" Mihoshi told him urgently, now standing at the nearest of the stepping stones helping Michele across. She realized she was probably babbling but the thought, of anyone doing such a thing to Funaho offended her deeply!

"The local people respect the sanctity of the tree and the shire it honors!" She continued. All the while making doubly sure Michele was safely across.

"You're wasting your breath Miho!" Michele said smiling, nodding Tony's direction. "Look at him! Off in ga, ga, land!"

"Oh hush!" Tony grumbled, really only mildly annoyed. "Looking at this beauty just makes me wish I had brought more film!"

"But I thought you were using Digital cameras?" Mihoshi asked puzzled.

"Only for the close in shots honey pie!" He glanced her way.

"Digital's may be the wave of the future but there are still some things better done on good old film backs!"

"More like someone's too old fashion to up grade" Michele smiled.

"Also I don't have any high powered lens that will adapt over to my digital rigs!" He added sourly, giving Michele a single glance.

"Plus honey." Michele continued. "Digital cameras are lighter. But if we tried to bring all the equipment plus the film we'd need a wagon!"

"Oh." Mihoshi answered. Clearly some aspects of all this were a little weird, at least to her. Especially in the realm of 'quaint' archaic earth technologies such as photography.

A steady beeping right then drew attention to the camera in Tony's hands. Mihoshi knew from today's experiences at least, that meant it needed a new disk.

"Speak of the devil!" the old photographer sighed, reaching semi-automatically into his side pocket when a look of panic suddenly crossed his face. "Did you bring any more Cdr.'s?" He asked.

"What do I look like here?" Michele applying blush to Mihoshi drawled disapprovingly over her right shoulder. "Your damn servant?"

"You two be nice!" Mihoshi grumped. Wagging a finger as Tony proceeded, digging in one after another of Michele's many satchels. The make up artist manage to ignore the sounds of 'rummaging' less than a minute before she turned.

"Alright! I'll help you look!" She swore, kneeling and diving in. "Just stop pawing my stuff!"

Leaning against Funaho's massive trunk, Mihoshi sighed, closing her eyes, letting the eternal calm of the surroundings wash over her.

"What am I going to do?" she thought sadly.

She hadn't given much thought to the chain of events recently, the ones leading to this curious circus of strangers living together. At least not lately. Much less what she was going to do now that it seemed it was all about to end.

"Well," She found herself musing. "That's not precisely true."

She had giving the matter a great deal of thought back when everything had almost flown apart before.

Perhaps the oddest thing occurring out of Tenchi disappearance, for almost a year, everyone had pulled together. Uniting in ways none could have ever imagined. Finding ties created during crisis, binding them together as never before.

Mihoshi blinked at the thought. However it was true! They were a family! One needs look no further than how each and everyone in the household took turns caring for Mayuka.

"What if I'm right?" Her thoughts spun in turmoil. "And if it's finally happened?"

Only one thing seemed clear, they were all so precious to her and she didn't want to lose any of them!

While there had been a time, early on she'd believed Tenchi just might be her destiny, Mihoshi had long since abandoned the idea in light of the circumstances.

Oh, there'd been the occasional 'relapse' but current events had put what seemed a definite nail in the coffin.

"What if he at last has chosen?" She thought sadly staring at the ground feeling simply horrible the way she'd spoken to Ayeka, it just seemed so obvious!

"Ryoko." Mihoshi murmured tears springing to her eyes, finally putting the name to the feeling. "Good for you!" She sniffed proudly.

Whether or not she was happy about the prospect she couldn't really say. It was all so confusing. Putting that aside for the moment, the question hanging in the air at least for her was simple. What now?

"Miho?" Tony asked gently. He been watching since inserting a new disk. Catching her leaning against the tree base looking downcast. He'd starred in silence until seeing Mihoshi starting to quietly cry. Shocked his finger had strayed, snapping a single picture purely by accident, then feeling like an absolute rat even so.

Later Tony would discover, the shot had framed almost perfectly, an image still later to hang in his office for many years under the title a 'Goddess weeps.'

"Uh huh?" she sniffed, trying to put on a brave face. "It's ok!" Mihoshi then smiled tearfully after noting his look of concern. "I just caught some dust!"

"Liar." Tony whispered, watching her try to hide her emotions was supremely sad yet somehow poignantly beautiful. "Miho?" He asked softly a moment later. "Anything I can do?" Nodding then over his shoulder the general direction of the makeup artist. "Would you like to talk to Michele?"

Mihoshi caught her breath, holding her smile, about to tell him everything was fine! No problems! Life was just peachy! Except...

"Oh Tony!" She suddenly blurted, then stopped unable to go on. The old photographer stood rock still. Uncertain what he should do, if anything. Perhaps, yet again he didn't know Mihoshi all that well, it really wasn't his concern he half supposed. But looking into those huge soft blue eyes just melted his soul!

Letting raw emotion guild him, Tony stepped forward and pulled Mihoshi to him letting her cry her eyes out on his shoulder.

"It's just my life looks like it's about to come apart on me!" She bawled, uncaring. "Every thing's going to c-change!"

Tony of course didn't have so much as a clue, but at times like these had the good sense to just hold on tight and let the fury pass.

"That's it honey." He whispered feeling perverse. "You just let it all out!"

Wanting to help certainly but a part of him enjoyed feeling her in his arms, needing him. It was more than just a bit intoxicating.

"Things change Miho." Michele's voice told her, obviously just behind. "Now, I don't pretend to know what's going on." The older woman added. "But I will tell you this. The harder you resist what ever is changing, the more likely it is for you to get torn apart!"

Mihoshi nodded, the gentle words seeming to reach her. Enough at least, she was able to regain a measure of control, to straighten, giving Tony a squeeze.

"I'm sorry!" She told them, still unable to keep the passions from her voice. "I shouldn't toss my baggage onto your shoulders!"

"What other use is there for and old Jackass like him?" Michele snorted with a nod Tony's direction.

"Look who's talking!" He snapped wryly. "Id rather be a jackass than some ancient mule!"

"Both of you, stop it!!" Mihoshi commanded, unzipping and pulling her jacket open. Allowing it to slide down her arms as the two watched.

"So, you two want to pack it in?" She asked after standing that way for a moment, her weight balanced on one foot. "Or did you want to snap a few more pictures of little ol' Me?"

"Only if you feel like it." Tony told her gently, he wasn't 'buying it'. Mihoshi had asked coyly, wanting to sound sexy, however he could see her lips were still trembling. Again perversely it made her more beautiful.

"Yeah." Mihoshi shrugged, a little desperately. "I guess, I just need something to distract me right now."

"I'm not sure." Tony told her eager yet reluctant, chewing his lip. "Doesn't sit with me doing any of this if you're upset."

Part of his motivation was at least semi professional. If for no other reason it would show in the photos. But under all of it, closer to the truth, he simply 'liked' Mihoshi. It was damn hard not to. Some part of him feeling it would be taking advantage when she was vulnerable. Just to get a great shot? It was simply out of the question.

"Please?" She added quietly smiling, leaning back against the trunk. Providing a frame to the taunt swelling of her breasts beneath the bight pink one piece. Presenting a picture erotic as it was bittersweet. "I think somehow I really need this!"

"Y-you need it?" Tony stammered, becoming even more concerned.

"You guys, you just make me feel so special!" She suddenly admitted with a laugh. "Its funny, you know?"

She seemed to stop herself. "Thinking about it now. I guess I've lived a big portion of my life in the shadows." Mihoshi shrugged perhaps slightly embarrassed. "Of someone or something else."

"Miho..." Tony murmured, tying his best to understand.

"Now I find that hard to believe!" Michele smiled, attempting to cover her own growing concerns.

"I guess it just feels so wonderful to be the center of attention for a change!" Mihoshi laughed.

"Ok, Miho. " Tony finally said, after a long glance towards Michele. "I would just love to get some shots of you and this magnificent tree!" He added. "Just make sure you tell me when you want to stop."

Mihoshi did her own glance, behind her at a sudden thought. Wondering if this would be somehow disrespectful?

Certainly tourists had snapped enough photos of Funaho, but none of them featured girls in a swimsuit!

Obeying whim, she placed a hand against the black gnarled trunk.

"Would it be ok?" She wondered softly aloud, feeling only slightly foolish. Hey, talking to the dead was another thing entirely. Imagine her utter surprise when she promptly got an answer!

Light, soft and iridescent yet undeniable, glowed between her fingers. It was impossible for her not to jump with surprise.

"Miho?" Michele's voice asked concerned, obviously she'd been observing. Looking up from where he had been adjusting his camera's filters Tony seemed a little miffed.

"Who what where?" He asked.

"Nothing!" Mihoshi gasped. Facing them fully, placing her back against the softly glowing outline of where her left hand had been, now plainly visible behind her on the tree. Enlisting both Photographer and Make up artist to stare.

"I thought I saw a spider!" She forced a giggle, smiling a little too elaborately.

"You sure?" Tony asked perplexed. Both he and Michele took several turns glancing at each other.

"Absotively, posilutely!" She grinned, hoping it didn't appear forced as it was.

"Well ok then." Tony said slowly, obviously perplex. "Let start by losing the outfit down to just the swimsuit." He gestured at his companion. Wishing for perhaps the hundredth time they'd access to a complete wardrobe. "And Mich?" He added, "Ditch those decals." Smiling as Michele hurried to comply. "I want Miho the whole Miho and nothing but the Miho for this one."

"Dirty old dog!" Michele said smiling stopping long enough to remove a small pump-spray and towel from her bag.

"Oh no..." Mihoshi breathed. Shooting a single glance down and behind, still catching a faint glow. Unable to keep something like a panicked grimace from her face as Michele made her way forwards.

"You ok hun?" Michele eyed her curiously.

"I got this little cramp!" Mihoshi attempted to cover. "Can I just lean here?"

"I could try 'n massage it out for you?" The older woman offered sincerely.

"No!" Miho smiled, visibly sliding down a little. "It'll be fine in a minute."

More puzzled than ever Michele began. Despite warmth generated by Funaho the kiss of isopropyl hitting bare skin made holding her back against the trunk difficult.

"Sweetness, I'll scratch your back if it itches that bad!" Michele offered, becoming a touch exasperated after a moment or two watching her antics.

"Oh, I'm fine!" Mihoshi gasped, "Thanks for the offer!"

"Please!" She prayed. "Let it be gone!"

The rough bark was digging into her back, She knew there was no way she could keep blocking the view for much longer! However, it seemed the mild tingling sensation she had felt while actually 'touching the glow had disappeared? It would be about the level where her now shoulder rested. Hopefully the visible display had also vanished.

"Ok honey." Michele told her. "Now I need you to turn around!"

"Why?!" Mihoshi exclaimed, so quickly Michele jumped.

"I still got'ta scrub that little decal off'a your bum!" The older woman told her gruffly, clearly confused.

"Oh! Well, tee, hee, hee!" Mihoshi supplied, "I just plain forgot!" Apparently unconvincingly because Michele suddenly sat back on her heels and looked up at her sternly.

"Miho! If you've got to run along to the little girls room!" She suddenly rasped. "You need to just take the time! No sense in being a silly goose about it!"

"No!" Mihoshi waved in response. "No. That's ok! I'm fine really thanks!" She smiled.

"Are you sure?" Michele asked, unconvinced. "Cause your sure doing a good rendition of a pee, pee dance!"

"No, I swear! I'm ok!" Mihoshi repeated emphatically, thinking. "Pretty please Funaho?!" Finally out of time and excuses, taking a deep breath, she slowly turned, giving a sigh of deep relief seeing the mark was gone. The feeling of relief terminated the second alcohol hit her right cheek causing her lungs to drag back to full capacity.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.