Ice Storm - Cover

Ice Storm

Copyright© 2008 by Unca D

Chapter 7

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Brad invites Monica on an impromptu blind date for his studious roommate Reid. When an ice storm strands her on campus, Monica has no place to stay for the night -- except for sharing Reid`s bed. Reid is single-minded in finishing an important term paper; and he finds Monica an unwelcome distraction. Soon, Monica`s fiery temperament begins to melt Reid`s icy shell, and they become mutually attracted. However, both have skeletons in their closet that threaten to derail their budding romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   First   Oral Sex   Slow   School  

Reid looked out the window of the Greyhound coach as it worked its way to the Church Street bus terminal. "Elmira," the driver announced as the coach slowed to a halt. He opened the door and hopped out.

Reid stood and awaited his turn to exit. He stepped onto the pavement and waited for the driver to haul his suitcase from the cargo hold. He picked it up and headed inside where he spotted Monica's red hair.

She saw him at about the same moment and ran to him. He put his arms around her and held her. Then he became aware of another statuesque redhead standing nearby. Her hair was shorter, a bit less vibrant than Monica's and streaked with gray; and her face had matured. He recognized immediately the similarities.

"Reid -- this is my mom. Mom ... This is Reid."

"Hello, Mrs Jane," he said to her mother. "I can see where Monica gets her good looks."

Her mother raised her eyebrows and glanced at her daughter. "Okay, Monnie," she said. "You may keep him." She turned to Reid. "Seriously -- she has been counting the minutes 'til you'd be here. Thank you so much for making time for her."

Reid lugged his bag to the parking lot. Monica's mother retrieved a key ring, pressed a button and popped the trunk on a high-end BMW four-door. Reid dropped his bag and closed the lid.

Monica opened the rear door and slid inside. Reid sat beside her and fastened his belt. Monica grabbed his hand and held it with both of hers. He slipped his arm around her and she leaned against him.

Her mother glanced backward in her mirror. "Well -- it's nice to see that you two get along," she said; then she backed the car out of the lot and headed out of town, into the countryside.

Reid glanced at Monica and saw her wipe tears from her cheek. "What's that for?" he asked.

"I'm so happy to see you."

"You've made one person happy for the holidays," her mother remarked. "I imagine at the cost of making someone else unhappy."

"I'll spend a week with my father and sister after Monica goes back to State. Tech starts a week later. My dad will delay Christmas 'til then."

"In a way it's good for you -- you get to celebrate twice."

She pulled the car into a garage attached to a large house located on a hill. Monica's mother opened the trunk and Reid carried his bag into the house.

"This way," Monica said and led him upstairs to a large bedroom suite. "This is my room. There's a private bath over there."

"Wow. Where am I sleeping?" She gestured to the bed. "Then, where are you sleeping?"

"Silly. With you, of course."

"Your folks won't mind us sharing the bed?"

"Mom knows we slept together at school."

"How does she know that?"

"Because I told her. Reid -- she knows we're both adults. She knows we're in love, and she knows adults who are in love sleep with each other. There aren't any younger siblings for us to corrupt. I told you my mother is cool."

"I think your mother is probably a bit too permissive."

"Probably -- but that's not a bad thing to an only child growing up. But, Mom's right -- it really is selfish of me to keep you away from your family over the holidays. What did you tell your dad so he'd agree?"

"I told him ... I said, you know I've never forgiven myself for what happened to Megan ... that I firmly believe if I had been there for her that night, she'd be alive today. I said Monica needs me now as much as Megan did then and I'm not about to make the same mistake twice."

"Oh, Reid..." She stroked tears from his face and then he held her.

"I am beginning to exorcise the ghosts of that night, Monica. That is something I couldn't have done without you."

"Put your bag in here," she said. "Mom probably has cookies and tea for us downstairs."

"Before we go down ... how are you doing?"

"I'm doing all right. Mom and Dad have been walking on eggs around me. The change of scenery helps."

"Have you had any more seizures?"

She shook her head. "No."

"You're taking the medication?"

"Yes. I think I'm getting used to it, but ... I don't feel nearly as effervescent as I did with the antidepressants."

"Have you been having bad thoughts?" he asked.

"Yes ... but thinking of you is the antidote."

"How are your CAT scans?"

"No change," she replied glumly.

"I'd take that as a glass half- full, not half-empty. No change means it's not getting worse."

"I just had another one today but the results aren't back. Let's go see what Mom has for us."

She took his hand and led him downstairs. Her mother was setting out plates and teacups on a butcher-block table in a bay window overlooking the countryside.

"This is a beautiful property," Reid remarked. "With the snow, it's so pretty."

"Have a seat," her mother said.

"Thanks Mrs Jane," Reid replied.

"Please -- call me June," she replied.

Reid sat beside Monica. "Have some home-baked Christmas cookies."

"I can't remember when was the last time I had home-baked Christmas cookies," Reid said. "I know it wasn't at my house."


Reid slipped off a threadbare bathrobe he had brought and slid into Monica's bed. He seemed to sink into it. Monica approached him wearing a long-sleeved, satin poet's shirt. It had lace cuffs and collar, an embroidered bodice and a row of mother-of-pearl buttons that extended from the neckline to her navel. She lay beside him. He coaxed her against himself.

"So, what do you think of my folks?" she asked.

"Well ... I like your mom. She is cool, like you said. Your dad's a little intimidating. I'm not sure I'm comfortable around him."

"I'm not, either and I've been around him all my life." Reid began caressing her side, his fingers straying to her breast. "Please, Reid --it doesn't feel good."

"No?"

"It must be the anticonvulsant," she replied. "I think it's neutralized my sex drive."

"If it neutralized yours -- it must be potent stuff. We've discovered the anti-Viagra."

"It's no laughing matter. I wanted to, Reid ... but I can't. I'm sure you were looking forward to it. I can get you off if you want..."

"If it's not turning you on, it wouldn't be any fun for me."

She began sniffling. "Now, I've disappointed you."

"No you haven't. Oh, Monica -- My first priority is to help you get through these tough times. I can wait ... Hell, I waited all my life. What are a few weeks?"

"Or, months, or years?"

"We'll be fine, Monica ... or is it Monnie? That's what your parents call you."

"It's what my mother calls me. I like hearing you call me Monica."

"Good night then, Monica." He kissed her forehead.


Reid headed downstairs and wandered into the kitchen."

"Good morning, Reid -- would you like some coffee?"

"Yes, thanks."

"I have some pastry."

"Coffee's fine."

She sat across from him. "Is Monnie coming down?"

"Shortly -- she's taking a shower."

"She said such nice things about you. Monnie's the sort of girl who falls hard for someone, Reid. You're the first one who's fallen back."

He chortled. "I'm in awe of her talent," he replied. "I was with her for her finals recitations ... to give her moral support. I'm not sure she was happy with her performances, but I thought she nailed each one. She's a special girl."

"I'm happy you feel that way." June sipped her coffee. "I don't have delusions about her, Reid. I love her, but I know she can be difficult. I hope you're up to it."

"She hasn't been anything I couldn't handle yet."

"She gave us a scare the first term of her freshman year," June continued. "I'm sure you heard of the incident. It was all over State."

"I go to Tech," he replied. "I don't know much about what goes on at State."

"That's right -- I keep forgetting you go to different schools. She attempted to overdose on her antidepressant. It was all because of some boy."

"Oh, that incident," Reid replied. "Yes, I do recall hearing about it."

"She spent some days in the psychiatric ward. When she was released, we insisted she be transferred to Heller Hall. That's the non-visitation dorm for women at State. We were hoping she'd get some supervision there. When I was in college, the women never had visitors, or if we did, the door had to remain open. And, we had to sign in and out and tell the matrons where we were going. There was a strict eleven PM curfew, too. Well, none of that is done at Heller Hall or anywhere else anymore. Things certainly have changed since my days. I guess that dates me."

"So, what happened?" Reid asked.

"Well, State has a very good psychotherapist -- Dr Dolan I think is his name. He treated Monnie and ended up adjusting her medication. That made a big difference. She was happy and productive her second term. We relented and let her apply for housing outside of Heller, but unfortunately nothing was available." Reid drained his coffee cup. "More coffee, Reid?"

"Oh, no thanks. I think I'll go see what's keeping Monica."

Reid bounded upstairs and found Monica in her room, adjusting her hair. "Sorry to take so long," she said.

"Monica -- we need to talk. Now."

Panic washed over her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Your mother was telling me of an incident last year in which you overdosed on your medication. I believe it's the same incident Lauren was referring to." Monica swallowed hard.

"Oh, God! Why would Mom tell you that?"

"Your mother thinks the incident is common knowledge -- which apparently it is to everyone but me. She said you gave her quite a scare. It's giving me a scare, too -- and what's frightening me is how smoothly you lied to me about it."

"Oh, Reid..." Her tears began flowing.

"This can't work if we can't be honest with each other -- we must trust each other."

"Reid -- I was so embarrassed by it. It felt like our relationship was at a delicate balancing point ... I didn't want to frighten you away. I didn't want you to know."

"How were you going to keep it from me? Everyone associated with State seems to know about it. This is too big to be one of our little secret mysteries."

"And, I never lied to you ... not exactly."

"You rebutted Lauren's story point-by-point. You said there wasn't a man involved."

"I said there wasn't a relationship -- it was a one-night stand."

"You said you didn't attempt suicide -- that you couldn't overdose on your prescription."

"I wasn't trying to kill myself -- not really. I did it for dramatic effect."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.