01 Captured - Cover

01 Captured

Copyright© 2008 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 22: Sniper Competition Thursday 19 September 2007

Khudabah, Pakistan — Evening of Day Twenty-one

Wow. I can't believe it. The day is finally here after all these years. I should be nervous, but I'm not, because I've been waiting for this day forever. I look over at Jack, my best man, and he gives me the thumbs-up.

Finally, I hear the wedding processional, and I see Jens at the back of the church. She looks so happy and beautiful in her white wedding dress...

Huh? What the fuck is that? Shit. It's the damn towel-heads waking me up. Son of a bitch. That was such a nice dream. What a shock to go from a dream of our wedding to this cruel fucking reality.

I don't believe I slept in so long. It must be because I was so happy from watching the camel fucker Mustif die yesterday. That's one death that won't leave a ghost in my head. Shit, I think when I kill the rest of these bastards I won't have any ghosts from them, either.

With Mustif gone and the Imam 'on my side', I'm hoping that things will get better for me with Hussein. I'm going to have to watch that Imam though; he's pretty smart compared to the rest of the towelheads. I think he was educated in America. Damn, it pisses me off when our enemies use our educational system against us.

I've finally worked out the details of our escape. That's right; I said "our". I'm planning on getting Zarika out of this hellhole with me. Shit, the plan relies on her as much as it does on me. I just need two things from her, and then I need the opportunity. It's great that we can both communicate in Russian and that no one else can, as a bonus, my Russian has become even better since I've been using it so much.

It's the same routine every day. Sometimes I wonder if they're trying to kill me with boredom. Three guards take me downstairs and tie me to the chair, and Zarika comes in and takes care of me and brings me some food. Then, either the Imam or Hussein come in and talk to me. If there ever was a hell, this would be it. My dreams of home and my conversations with Zarika are the only high points of the day. The only good thing is, because I haven't tried to escape, the guards are getting careless.

Zarika seems much happier today, with Mustif gone, and was quite talkative. During our conversations, I was able to slip in my plan for escape, and damn, she got excited—almost too much. It attracted the guard's attention and he started watching us very closely. After he got bored of listening to our Russian, Zarika said that she would be able to do the two things I needed. It would take her the rest of today to figure out the first thing, but that the second part would be easy.

The Imam came again today. We talked some and I asked him if we could play some chess like I used to do with Mustif. He thought it was a great idea and had Zarika bring the chessboard and then had the guard untie my left arm. Damn, he was really good at chess.

I realized I'll have to be very careful about bullshitting him. He'll figure it out.

I couldn't believe he spent two hours here, again trying to tell me how much better his religion is than any other and trying to subvert my mind. Keep trying, you bastard. One of these days, I'm going to send you to hell to be with your god.

Zarika didn't come in for awhile after the Imam left. I thought about singing my 'death song', but I figured she might be trying to figure out my first question to her, so I just sat around bored and did nothing. Finally she came in with dinner and was smiling. She told me she found what I needed, but it would take a couple of days for her to figure out a way to get it for me.

We talked all day, and then, just like the other days, the guards escorted me up to my bed and tied me down tight. I asked Zarika if she could stay for awhile tonight, and she looked at the floor and told me that Hussein expected her to be in bed and waiting for him when he came to bed, and if she wasn't there before he was, he'd beat her.

She kissed me on the cheek and left, leaving me to lie on the bed waiting for my dream reprieve from this hellhole. It finally came...

Kaneohe Bay Hawaii — Thursday, Day Twenty One

I was enjoying holding my Ben on the couch this morning, wow, I couldn't believe what he shared with me last night before we started necking and fell asleep. I'm sure he's never shared that with anyone and must really love and trust me to open up so much. Damn, my killing machine Marine has a heart and compassion; I guess I always knew that but for him to tell me, well let me just say that it made me really want him.

Huh, what's that noise? I've never heard it before and it's sort of funny sounding. Shit, I think we've got company, I cover Ben's mouth and whisper in his ear, "Ben, wake up, I think we've got some uninvited guests."

Shit, that's a hell of a way to wake up. Damn. Jens was right. I could hear someone or something outside. I slipped off the couch with Jens, reached underneath it, and pulled out the M1014 shotgun for me and handed Jens a Kimber and three extra mags. We're pretty well hidden here, so I decided to just wait and see what would happen.

Damn, it sounded like noise from the back, too. What the hell was going on? I gave Jens a hand signal to cover the front door, and I snuck around to see what the noise was at the sliding glass back door. I kept crouched as I slowly moved around to peek through the glass, and...

Shit, it's a fricken seagull pecking at the door. Son-of-a-bitch, that freaked me out.

I had just stood up and motioned to Jens that everything was okay when the front doorbell rang, almost giving both of us a coronary. I motioned for Jens to stay hidden and cover the front door, then I slowly walked over to it. The doorbell rang again and again. Damn. Whoever it was, they were they were sure impatient. I checked the peephole and saw that it was Dad and Mom. I lowered the shotgun and let them in.

"Damn. It took you long enough to answer the door," Dad said as they walked in.

Jens answered, putting away the Kimber, "Well, we were sort of busy."

Mom clucked, "Making grandchildren for us, I hope."

"No ma'am," I answered. "You're going to have to wait until we're married before you can start thinking about grandchildren. Jens woke me up because she heard a funny noise that sounded like someone trying to break in. I listened and couldn't tell what it was so we both armed ourselves. Then we heard the same sound at the back door, I crept around and saw that it was a seagull pecking on the glass. We'd just relaxed when you rang the doorbell and freaked us both out again."

Dad laughed, "Those damned seagulls are worse than the rats. I don't know how many times Evelyn had me get up in the early morning to chase those bastards away." He rubbed his hands together. "How about a cup of coffee?"

I answered, "Well, we sort of slept in—"

Jens interrupted, "—Speak for yourself. I've been up for an hour—."

I continued, "—And we haven't made any yet. I'll run right out to the kitchen and take care of it."

I put the coffee on and stood in the door watching Jens and her parents talk; they had such an easy and natural relationship. To know that now I was included in their close family filled my heart with joy that I hadn't felt in years. Maybe I was becoming soft.

Jens looked over at me and smiled, and I could tell she knew what I was thinking. She leaned over and whispered something to Dad.

He started laughing and said, "Shit, that'll be the day, when Banzai Ben gets soft." He looked at me and continued, "Son, after what you did yesterday, there's no way in hell you're getting soft. So get that bullshit out of your mind.

"Officially, the police are all pissed off about all the shooting, but both the Chief and the DA wanted me to tell you they are happy those scumbags are off the street permanently. I forgot to tell you, they picked up the other four that took off last night and that looks to be the last of the biker gang. However they do want both of you to stay on the base until you leave on Saturday."

I wished I would have paid more attention in school to my English teachers because then at times like this I'd be able to come up with something witty to say. Instead, I just stood there looking and feeling stupid.

Jens, of course, figured out what I was thinking. She walked over, and this time slapped the hell out of me.

"Come on, jarhead. Stop putting yourself down again."

Damn, Jens still has some fire in her, and I'm glad because I sort of missed it. I guess it's just more directed now than it used to be.

I grabbed her and gave her a big kiss. It even scared her a little bit.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"I was worried from the way you've been treating me for the last day that you'd turned into some sort of meek mouse. I'm glad to see that the old Jens that I know and love is still around," I answered.

That was too much for Dad and Mom. They both started laughing so hard they had tears coming out of their eyes.

Finally, Mom was able to say, "Did you hear that, Glen? Damn. That's the funniest thing anyone has ever said about our Jennifer. I can't believe he called her a 'meek mouse'."

Dad answered, "I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't hear it with my own ears. I think that one's going to have to be told at their wedding. Too bad Ben doesn't realize that Jens is really a tiger playing with her prey, and he's her prey."

I guess I didn't understand the joke. Compared to the 'old' Jens, she had been treating me much differently, and I was glad to see that the 'old' Jens was still around.

Jens figured out I was confused and whispered in my ear, "Don't worry, Marine; the 'old' Jens is always right under the surface. And when you do something stupid, you can bet that she'll come out and let you know. It's just that she's not needed very often and it's much more fun being nice to you than slapping you around. Besides, this way, you'll remember it better when she does come out." Her violet eyes twinkled.

"Come on, you two. Stop gawking at each other and kiss," Mom said.

It sounded like a good idea, so that's what we did. In fact, it was so nice, we did it twice.

"Damn," Dad said, "Did you have to get them going again, Evelyn? Okay you two, cut it out. We have important things to talk about."

We broke the embrace and walked over by Mom and Dad.

He continued, "I tried my best, but with Ben missing the competition yesterday, he's out as a sniper. It's a shame, because even with the injury, I think you might have been able to come in at least second. However, because yesterday was an individual competition, he's still allowed to be a spotter for Jens during the snipe-off.

"Jens, you have a good lead, and if you're smart and careful, you should win this. And it doesn't stop Ben from helping you with today's competition, martial arts. Jens, you need to listen to him and let him help you."

Jens shot her dad a look that said; 'duh, don't you think I'll listen to him?'

He looked back at her and said, "Young lady, don't give me that attitude. You're still not too old to take over my knee and spank."

I couldn't keep my mouth shut, so I piped up, "I threatened to order her to spank herself last night." Jens punched me in the good arm.

That set Dad and Mom off on another laughing fit. Mom said, "Stop! This is too funny. You two are going to kill us. Glen, go ahead and order her to spank herself. I'd love to see that."

Dad thought about it, looked at her and said, "Sorry Evelyn. I'd love to do that, but she'd figure out a way to make my life hell."

Jens looked relieved. "Don't you two need to be doing something, something other than that harassing me?" she suggested.

They both sort of apologized to Jens, in between small chuckles. They kissed Jens goodbye and gave me big hugs.

"Jennifer, have a great day at the competition today," Mom said.

"Kick butt and take names, Marine," Dad ordered.

We said goodbye, and the minute they left Jen jumped on me and we started wrestling. Damn, it was hard wrestling with her with one arm in a cast.

"I don't believe that you told them you thought about ordering me to spank myself. You know that Mom will talk Dad into doing that some day," Jens said as she pinned me to the floor because I was laughing so hard. Finally, Jens saw the humor in it and started laughing, too, and wrestling turned into necking.

After a few minutes, I told Jens, "We need to get you ready for today."

"I'm ready for you right now," Jens purred.

"Come on, Jens. I have a surprise for you today," I answered.

Because Jens loves surprises, she jumped right up and pulled me to my feet. "Now, you're not going to torture me and make me wait for my surprise this time, are you?"

"Follow me, and you can have it right now," I answered, walking into my old bedroom. I opened the closet, pulled out the hanger with Jens's surprise on it, and handed it to her.

She looked at it and her eyes started twinkling. "Wow. This is a really nice silk robe. And look — my name's on the back: Jumpin' Jens." True to her name, she started jumping around. She put on the robe and started twirling, "Oh, I love this. I feel just like a boxer." She started shadow boxing me like she was a real boxer.

"Hey, back off, Hilary," I said.

Jens stopped and looked at me, "Hilary?"

"Yeah. Hilary Swank, because you're my Million Dollar Baby," I said, referring to the popular movie.

"Puh-lease. You've got to stop comparing me to those fucking Hollywood whores. They're so fake. Shit. She couldn't have punched her way out of a paper bag," Jens said.

"Then put up or shut up," I said, holding my left hand up for a target.

Jens whipped out four punches so fast that I could hardly see them, nailing my hand each time.

"Is that all you've got?" I teased.

The next two punches were almost as fast, and she put her whole body behind them. Damn. Those two actually stung. She was pumped up.

"Okay, okay, okay. Save some for the competition," I said.

"Wooo Hooo! That was so much fun! I can't wait until you're well. I want to fight you," she said.

I thought, "Yep. Definitely psycho."

"Hey, I felt that. At least you left off the 'bitch' part." Jens started dancing around again, shadow boxing me.

Damn. Giving Jens that robe turned her into a boxing maniac. At least I was saved by the phone.

I answered it with Jens was still circling and throwing punches at me. It was Dad. We talked for a couple minutes. I started laughing as I hung up the phone. Damn. He has more balls than I do.

Jens stopped and asked me, "Who was that, Hon?"

"It was Dad. And before you ask, all I can tell you about what he said is that it has something to do with a surprise for you at today's competition," I answered.

She was going to start bugging me about the surprise before I gave her a look that told her there was no way in hell I would tell her what it was. At least it stopped her shadow boxing.

I looked at the clock and said, "Well, it looks like we'll need to get moving so we're not late. You go and shower, and I'll do the same."

I laughed when I walked into the living room and saw Jens's t-shirt, it read: 'SNIPER', and underneath: "No need to run, you'll only die tired!', I don't know where she gets all those t-shirts but they're certainly entertaining.

I grabbed Jens's bag and helped her on with her new robe. Since the competition was at the gym, we held hands and started slowly walking towards it, and yes, our escort jumped out of their Humvee and followed us. For once, it was sort of nice knowing they were around.

The press was in full force, but they didn't see us until we were almost to the door. Then it was pandemonium, with all of them wanting to ask questions at the same time. I held up my hand like I'd seen Dad do, and it worked — they all shut up.

"I know that you have many questions for us, but today's competition is very important for Jens, and she can't be distracted. After it's over we'll be happy to answer all your questions."

Of course, they didn't really believe what I said, and still tried to talk to us. I lead Jens through the throng and into the gym packed mostly with Marines.

The minute they saw us, they started shouting, "Orraaahhh! Orraaahhh! Orraaahhh!"

This got Jens fired up. She held her hands over her head and started running around the gym, which of course got the Marines even more fired up, and they started with the cadence:

"Back in 1775
My Marine Corps came alive
First there came the color gold
To show the world that we are bold
Then there came the color red
To show the world the blood we shed
Then there came the color green
To show the world that we are mean
Then there came the color blue
To show the world that we are true
Oh yeah
Marine Corps
Your corps
My corps"

Shit. I even got excited. On Jens's second lap around the gym, I joined in running with her and started singing. The other Marines joined in:

"Paint my face black and green,
You won't see me I'm a Recon Marine
I slipped and slithered in through the night
You won't see me till I'm ready to fight.
You'll run in the bushes you'll try to hide,
That's why you are sure to die.
You won't see me till it's too late,
A flash of my blade will be your fate.
Oh Yeah
Oh Yeah"

Jens was having so much fun that she would have spent all day running around, but I needed to get her focused on the competition, so after the last lap I lead her over towards our bench.

I turned her towards me and said, "Okay, Marine. You've had your fun. Now it's time to get serious. Who's gonna win this competition?"

"I am, Sir!" Jens answered.

"How are you going to win this competition?" I asked.

"By overcoming, adapting, and persevering," she answered.

She was focused and ready to fight. It was that time that Dad chose to walk up with his surprise. Jens took one look at Muriel Hathaway and instantly became pissed.

Muriel purred, "Hello, Ms. Donaldson, and hello, Ben. It's so good to see you again. There are several more questions that we needed to ask you and General Donaldson said I could come here and ask them and watch the competition." She shook my hand and gave me a big smile.

I couldn't believe it. She looked even sluttier than she had the other day. Her v-necked top was cut even lower, and her dress was even shorter. I could see a twinkle in Dad's eyes. Damn. He was pushing all of Jens's buttons and loving every minute of it.

"Excuse me a minute, Muriel. I'll be right back." I grabbed Jens and took her over to the side for a talk.

Jens fumed. "What's that bitch doing here? I'm gonna kick her butt." She started pulling away from me to do just that.

I grabbed her. "Hey, jarhead. You want to be thrown out of the competition? You do what you're thinking of doing, and not only will you be kicked out of the competition, you'll go to jail. If you want to do anything, show Muriel that you're not only more beautiful and sexy than she is, but you're also more dangerous."

Jens was still pissed, but the 'beautiful and sexy' comment made her smile at me.

"Now, take all that energy that you have and focus it on the competition. Show Muriel what you're going to do to her if she tries fucking with us," I said.

I looked in Jens eyes and I was worried. I'd never seen this look in her eyes before. I'm sure it's the look that a mouse sees right before the rattlesnake strikes.

She looked past me at Muriel and said, "You make sure you stay at least three feet away from her. I don't want her slimy meat hooks on my man. Shit. That bitch has her claws on Daddy now. It's a good thing Mom isn't here to see this. Otherwise, that fat cow would be dead."

I took her face between my hands and looked into her beautiful violet eyes. "Jens, forget about her and focus on the competition. Come on. Where's my Million Dollar Baby?"

That snapped her out of it and got her back into things. Of course, she also started shadow boxing me again, causing the Marines in the crowd to go crazy. I went over and got a practice mitt, put it on my left hand and held it up.

Whap, whap, whap, whap, whap! Shit. It felt like a machinegun was hitting the glove, she was so fast.

I took two steps back and directed, "Okay, feet," and Jens kicked the shit out of the practice mitt. Damn, she was cooking today. I put down the practice mitt and got a body shield and held it up. I barely got it up before she was attacking it with a flurry of fists, feet, elbows, knees and head butts. She was ready, but she wasn't done.

I saw her look over at her dad and Muriel, and with a wicked gleam in her eyes, she shadow boxed her way over to them and started harassing the hell out of them, concentrating on Muriel. She was freaking the hell out of Muriel. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. I was just hoping that Muriel didn't do something stupid like try to fight back. At that moment, I think Jens could have kicked even my butt.

By the time the whistle finally signaled that the warm-up was over, Jens had a nice sheen of sweat on her. She was more than ready; she was scary.

The competition was your basic double-elimination tournament with the pairings being decided by draw. I wiped her down with a towel and pulled a new gi out of the bag for her. I held it up so the crowd could see, and all the Marines started going crazy.

Yep. It had a She Devil Dog embroidered on the back, with the name Jumpin' Jens under it.

I showed it to her, and it was all she could do to not jump into my arms. I helped her into the new gi, and she couldn't resist giving me a big hug, which of course got the crowd going with whistles and catcalls.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.