Joerg Isebrand - Cover

Joerg Isebrand

©Argon, 2008

Chapter 28: How Hildburg Isebrand Feels Too Good

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 28: How Hildburg Isebrand Feels Too Good - In the year 1500, a boy, Joerg Isebrand, is born into a peasant family in Northern Germany. Banished from the land of his birth at age sixteen, young Joerg soon finds himself a landsknecht, a soldier for hire. The story follows the next fourteen years of his life, as he rallies his siblings and fights in the wars of the 16th century. He dallies with many women and girls, but it is an unlikely bride who finally wins his heart.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   First   Oral Sex   Violence  

Over the next two weeks, the days merged into an endless repetition of events. They got up with sunrise, had a breakfast in the tavern they were staying in, and took the road. In the evenings, they would have supper in the next tavern, and fall into their beds, exhausted.

Finally, on the evening of a nasty day of travelling - it had rained incessantly - Joerg told her that they would reach Erlenburg lands the next day, Lauheim to be precise, Bjoern's fiefdom. The news was meant to give her encouragement, but Hildburg also felt apprehension. Soon, she would have to play a role nobody had ever prepared her for: that of the wife of a feudal office holder.

Nevertheless, they started out on the next morning for another dreary day of wet clothes and muddy roads. By mid-afternoon, Joerg pointed ahead.

"See, up there? That's Lauheim castle already. We're almost at home. I suppose, we can make it to the Erlenburg, before nightfall."

Hildburg nodded mutely. She was cold and miserable. Truth be told, she was hungry, too, and now they had to ride on for another two or three hours. There was a way cross ahead, and Bjoern rode up.

"I'll take my men and ride to Lauheim. I shall join you all in the Erlenburg tomorrow."

"Godspeed, Brother," Joerg retorted.

"Don't go and kill Rugenheim without me," Bjoern laughed and kicked the flanks of his horse. He was followed by seven of the soldiers, and they soon disappeared in the drizzle ahead.

The rest of the group pressed on for another two hours. Somehow, the tired horses felt the end of the journey. Even Hildburg could feel the gait of her mare getting longer with each passing mile, while she herself felt exhaustion creep up to her. Finally, finally, there was a hill looming ahead, and perched on top of it, a strongly built castle.

Two of the entourage had hurried ahead, to forewarn the castle of the arrival of the Lord Arnulf. Indeed, when the tired travellers rode over the drawbridge, helpful hands guided the horses while other servants helped Nele and Hildburg off their horses, offering them dry blankets. Joerg dismounted quickly, too, and he led Hildburg up the stairs to the entrance of the main building.

There was Arnulf, too.

"Quick, Joerg! Get in and have her changed out of the wet clothing! The bath house is ready. Come down at once, lest poor Hildburg freezes to death."

Joerg led her up two flights of stairs and into a small suite of two rooms. He explained that, as Arnulf's Field Captain, he had permanent quarters in the Erlenburg. A maid was waiting for them who helped Hildburg shed her soaked clothes and wrapped her in a soft, wool blanket. Meanwhile, Joerg had dropped his waterlogged clothes, too, and he took another blanket, to cover hisself.

Taking Hildburg by her hand, he led her down another spiral staircase. She counted three storeys before he opened a low door that led into a candle lit room that was filled with steam.

A huge stone bathtub stood in one corner of the room, and Hildburg saw that it sat atop a fire place which vented into a closed chimney. She saw the glow of wood and coal, and the water in the tub was covered by steam.

Again, a maid stood waiting, and she took their blankets to lay them aside. Without further ado, Joerg led Hildburg into the tub. She almost jumped out of the water when she realised how hot it was.

"You're nigh on frozen, that's why it feels so hot," Joerg explained.

He simply sat down with a great big groan of satisfaction. Voices could be heard from the stairwell, and Hildburg sat down hastily, too. The water was so hot! Gradually, however, the feeling subsided. Her skin prickled at first, but then, the warmth of the bath seeped through her cold and aching limbs, and she relaxed.

Thorben entered next. With him was a dark haired woman. She was slender and small, even smaller than Hildburg, and it was clear by the way Thorben looked at her that this had to be Gudrun, his wife.

Hildburg started to rise, to greet her new kinswoman, but she realised in time that she was naked, and she stayed submerged. Gudrun took off the blanket she wore and pulled away Torben's, laughing at him. A moment later, Hildburg knew the reason for her laugh. Thorben's member was erect and swollen. The way Gudrun swayed her hips in front of him gave Hildburg an idea of the reason for Thorben's predicament.

Quickly, both Thorben and Gudrun climbed into the tub.

"Gudrun, please meet our new kinswoman, Hildburg, Joerg's wife and saviour."

Gudrun offered a warm smile.

"Welcome to the Erlenburg! I hope we will be friends, soon."

"I hope that, too," Hildburg answered, mustering a friendly smile, in spite of the tiredness she began to feel. The tiredness was compounded by the hot water.

"Don't expect Nele to join us," Gudrun giggled. "She is with Little Gøtz."

Little Gøtz, as Hildburg had learned, was Nele's and Arnulf's firstborn, named in deference to Arnulf's older brother. Hildburg felt relief. She was not quite ready to share the bathtub with Nele's husband. It was tough enough for her with Joerg's siblings.

"I suspect she will spend time with Little Arnulf, too," Thorben laughed.

Promptly, Gudrun smacked his head. He laughed even harder and submerged himself in the steaming water.

"Ahh, this is heavenly, after a day out in the rain!" Thorben exclaimed. "A loving wife and a hot bath; even paradise cannot be better."

"He named you first, Gudrun," Joerg laughed. "You must have offered him a special welcome."

Gudrun laughed, unconcerned.

"I shall be worried the day he goes to the bath first," she retorted, only to squeal. She looked at Thorben with mock indignation. "Behave, Dutch beggar! What will Hildburg think of us?"

"If she takes you for an example, I will have a very happy brother," Thorben answered.

Hildburg blushed deeply, when she understood the meaning. The men and women of this family spoke of those matters so freely! Suddenly, she felt a hand on hers, under the water. Joerg held her reassuringly. It was uncanny that this ferocious man was so sensitive to her misgivings.

Suddenly, Hildburg became aware of the implications of their arrival. This night, they would sleep in a regular bedchamber, a bedchamber that was her husband's. This night, he would expect her to fulfil her wifely duties. Her heart beat wildly at the thought. Part of her was terrified, not only because of the physical act, but because of the perceived impropriety. A different part of her, a part that became stronger and stronger with each day, wanted to consume the marriage. Her reasoning on the surface was that she was twenty-five years of age, and she'd be twenty-six soon. It was time for her to have children. If she was honest with herself, however, and this was not easy, she also wanted to find out if this new personality she had discovered in Joerg, the gentle and caring side, would hold true under the blankets.

In spite of those uneasy thoughts, she felt much better after the bath. It felt good to be rubbed dry by the maid and wrapped in her blanket. It felt good when the maid fussed around her, helping her to get dressed for the supper. Somehow, it also helped that Joerg, after dressing himself, put his arm around her waist to guide her downstairs and into the great hall.

Hildburg had spent her youth in the rich burgers' homes of a Hanse City. Nevertheless, she was impressed by the grandeur of the Great Hall of the Erlenburg. The high walls were decorated with weapons, coats of arms, and some precious tapestries. A large table stood on a dais, obviously meant for the Barons and their families. A lower table was joined, and Hildburg guessed at least thirty people sitting already. She was surprised when Joerg led her up the two steps to the dais, but she quickly realised that Joerg was the Baroness' brother and an important part of the Baron's power structure.

The table was laid with a fine cloth, and the plates and goblets were of decorated pewter. It was a finely laid table, by whatever standards. Joerg helped her sit on a chair, only a few seats to the left from the upholstered chairs for the Baron and his wife.

A servant, the cellarer Hildburg guessed, came with a tankard of ale and a jug of wine, but Hildburg noticed that Joerg declined and asked for water. She realised that he drank wine only if dictated by courtesy, and she knew that this would take a big burden from her future life. Her uncle had been a heavy drinker, and before the stroke hit him, Hildburg and her aunt had had to drag him upstairs and into bed on frequent occasions.

Suddenly, the people in the hall were shuffling to their feet. Joerg helped Hildburg stand, too, and she saw that Arnulf and Nele entered the Hall. What a difference! Nele was wearing a deep blue, moleskin dress that contrasted beautifully with the flaxen hair that flowed freely over her shoulders. Her husband wore a short jacket of prescious, scarlet moleskin, with gold buttons, and a hat of the same material which complemented his wavy, dark hair. They were a fitting pair, no doubt.

"Be seated, my friends, and be merry!" Arnulf spoke up. "For tonight, my brother Joerg is with us again. He did not return alone, though. At his side is his wife Hildburg who will grace my table henceforth. Know you all that she is of my family."

The last sentence was spoken with special emphasis, and Hildburg looked at Joerg for explanation.

"It means, they all will obey you as if Arnulf himself had given an order," he said under his breath.

Arnulf continued, raising his glass.

"The first goblet, tonight, shall be quaffed to the health of Joerg and Hildburg Isebrand. May they live long, in good health and in harmony, and may they be graced by numerous offspring!"

The hall erupted in shouted well wishing from the servants and soldiers. Again, Joerg stood. After helping Hildburg to her feet, he waved at the people in the hall and raised his goblet to them. Hildburg had to grin, knowing that it held clear water.

"I thank you, my Lord and Brother Arnulf, and I thank you, valiant and respected men and lovely women. I feel blessed, indeed, to have found a wife, both brave and beautiful!"

The food served for dinner was opulent, in Hildburg's view. Venison and beef were prominent, and they were served as pastries, mostly. She ate sparingly, nonetheless, following Joerg's example. Once more, she was astounded at the moderation the tall man showed at the table. He drank large quantities of fresh water, but he accepted wine only once, when they drank the customary toast to Arnulf and Nele.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.