Joerg Isebrand - Cover

Joerg Isebrand

©Argon, 2008

Chapter 23: How Nele Comes in Her Rage

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 23: How Nele Comes in Her Rage - In the year 1500, a boy, Joerg Isebrand, is born into a peasant family in Northern Germany. Banished from the land of his birth at age sixteen, young Joerg soon finds himself a landsknecht, a soldier for hire. The story follows the next fourteen years of his life, as he rallies his siblings and fights in the wars of the 16th century. He dallies with many women and girls, but it is an unlikely bride who finally wins his heart.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   First   Oral Sex   Violence  

Once again, the Great Hall of Erlenburg castle was filled with guests. It was Easter, and lent was over, finally. That alone would have made for a celebration. However, the festive mood was increased by the news that the visiting Count of Nassau had come with an offer to end the generations-old feud between the two houses and establish friendly ties.

The Count and Baron Arnulf had been in talks for two days already, and most of the issues had been resolved. Bjoern Isebrand had briefly taken part in those negotiations, too, and rumours flew that Katherine of Erlenburg would be given as wife to the Count to cement the new friendship.

Those rumours were supported by the seating order for the evening. Arnulf sat on his chair, with Nele at his right side. Nele's brothers filled the raised table to her right, but on Arnulf's left sat Katherine, the widow of his brother, with the Count of Nassau at her side. By ancient tradition, only kin of the Erlenburg barons sat at the raised table.

Thus, when Arnulf solemnly announced the betrothal of his sister-in-law with the Count of Nassau, there was no surprise or astonishment, but certainly jubilation. The merchants hoped for easier trade with the Nassau dominions, and the soldiers were glad to have one border less to guard. Having their powerful neighbour for an ally would also discourage other enemies from offering provocation.

Several of the soldiers were also looking forward to advancement. With Nele married to Baron Arnulf and Katherine betrothed to Count August, there were two positions to fill. Already, Thorben was castellan, and a new purser had been appointed. Only Joerg Isebrand, the field captain, and Bjoern Isebrand, the Steward of Lauheim, remained in the field army.

The atmosphere was joyful already when August, Count of Nassau, rose to speak. Not one of his followers who had joined him on this courtship had ever seen their master in such a light-hearted mood. His bantering speech was received with laughter and jesting from the Isebrand brothers, namely from Thorben, and when he closed, all three Isebrand men gave him a brotherly hug.

August even made a joking reference to Barbara of Meiningen who had declined the invitation to share the Easter celebration with them without giving reason. He thanked her for rejecting his courtship and calling the Erlenburg for help, but for which refusal he would have never met Katherine.

The visitors from Nassau left two days later, and for the weeks to come, Katherine prepared for her wedding, with Nele's help. New robes were tailored, shoes were made, and Bjoern sorted through their possessions to give Katherine her fair share of the family's spoils for her dowry.

Six weeks later, neighbouring nobles and their vassals took to the roads to travel to Nassau where Count August would be celebrating his wedding with Katherine of Erlenburg.

The Erlenburgs with their train travelled in pleasant spring weather, down the River Lahn, until they saw the towering castle of Nassau above the town. As custom dictated, Arnulf would give away Katherine, since she was his brother's widow. Nevertheless, the three Isebrand brothers were treated with courtesy and consideration upon their arrival.

Katherine had planned on making the journey on her trusted charger and wearing her soldier's clothing, but she heeded Arnulf's advice to make her entry as befit the widow of a Baron. She had donned a finely spun dress, and Count August was properly delighted when he welcomed her.

Surprising everyone, not least the bridegroom, Barbara of Meiningen had also followed the invitation. She was making an effort to greet Katherine and Joerg with politeness, but the siblings felt an awkwardness talking to their former ally.

The Baron Rugenberg had declined the invitation, using a courteous excuse. He was not missed, for he was known to be unpleasant when drunk. Other neighbours had come, though, and the wedding was well attended.

The banquet was impressive, with choice delicacies and old wines offered. Jugglers, jesters and other performers entertained the guests, and the mood was merry. As was his habit, Joerg did not imbibe. Nevertheless, he enjoyed himself greatly. Bjoern and Crescencia thawed considerably, too, while Thorben showed an exuberance that left poor Gudrun embarrassed.

It was close to midnight when Bride and Groom left the banquet amidst raucous comments by the guests. Joerg was standing to the side at this point watching the drunken antics of the guests with amusement. Suddenly, he found Barbara at his side.

"I have need to speak you, Joerg Isebrand," she said in a low voice.

"Speak then," he answered lightly.

"Not here, not now," she replied. "Meet me outside the drawbridge, after the bell strikes the first hour."

"Why, what is your purpose?" he asked, surprised.

"I cannot tell you here. Be there, I beg you!"

That she begged him nonplussed him and worried him. What could be so secret that she would not speak about it in the emptying hall? But then, it dawned on him. Had his seed caught during their one-time coupling? Was Barbara with child?

Joerg spent the next hour fretting over the possibilities. Of course, he would help her as best he could. Only, how? She had made it quite clear that she viewed him as beneath her. What, if she had changed her mind? What if she demanded a wedding, to cover for their indiscretion? He did not feel for her as a husband should. He never had, but the last weeks in Meiningen had made him dislike her.

When the bell sounded one o'clock, he made his way from the banquet into the courtyard, and, from there, to the guarded gate. Nodding agreeting to the sentries, he strode over the drawbridge. He could not see Barbara immediately, but then he realised that she would not wait for him inside the shine of the torches at the gate. He walked further into the darkness.

"Lady? Are you here?" he called in a low voice when suddenly his world turned black.

When he woke, his head bursting with pain, he could not move. He was tightly bound and gagged, and he was rolling helplessly from side to side in the bed of a badly sprung wagon. He tried to clear his head, but that was difficult, for he could not see either, with a sack tied over his head.

"Awake, huh?" a voice grunted. "Ye'll git some water later. Can't have you dying, not wit' sixty guilders on yer head. Them Warnesund burghers will be so happy ter see ye agin, them'll build a scaffold right 'way!"

That was it. Somebody had caught him, to bring him to Warnesund for trial. If they succeeded, his fate was sealed, that much was clear. Yet, there was little he could do, bound up as he was. He would have to wait for a chance, to break free.


Elgitha, Barbara's maidservant, was bored. Like the other servants accompanying the noble guests at the wedding, she had partaken of the food offered in the kitchen, and she had danced with some of the servants. She had her sights set on a different target, though. She planned to wait until the celebrations ended to snare Joerg Isebrand once more. Over the last months, she had come to miss the tall soldier, and regardless of her mistress' misgivings over Joerg Isebrand, Elgitha wanted a tumble with him before they left.

Therefore, she watched the Great Hall and waited for her chance. She was very surprised when she saw her mistress talk peaceably to Joerg. Barbara left the hall then, and Elgitha rushed to follow her in case she needed help to prepare for the night. She had to fend off two drunk guests, though, and it took her some time to catch up with the Lady. She was just about to rush around a corner, when her mistress' angry voice made her stop.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.