Up, Up and Away - Cover

Up, Up and Away

Copyright© 2008 by McJeep

Chapter 2

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 2 - The Swift fighter program was almost scrapped by the Confederacy because it was too much airplane for even the above average person to fly. In a last ditch effort to save the program, a whole new way of selecting, augmenting and training volunteers was tried. It worked, but would the price for success be too high?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Group Sex   Orgy   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

Statistics tell a story, sometimes they tell more than one. Numbers serve to classify and separate. Tests seek to reveal that which is inherent within us. Can statistics and numbers and tests explain how a 100 lb woman can lift a 3,000 lb car off of her trapped child? Can they explain the intricacies of the human mind? I don't believe so. For every test, statistic or score you see there are a thousand intangible, immeasurable qualities that make us unique.

Rev. Silas Jones — Earth First rally

Lt. Colonel Ray Walker walked down the corridor of the Azahar Advanced Weapons Institute (AAWI) toward the conference room. As he opened the door he saw that everyone else was already there. He knew that what he was here to tell them might make some of them mad, but he also hoped that these people would see the value in his report and would also be willing to make the necessary adjustments to the Swift program to make it a better fighter.
As he entered the conference room the four people waiting for him rose from their seats. Major Karen Green and 1st Lieutenant Bob Kolinski snapped him crisp salutes while the two civilians, Ross McGee and Kelly Ng stood to greet him.

Ray looked over the four people. Karen Green was the acting liaison between AAWI and the confederacy. Her apparent age was 29 or 30 and she was small by marine standards at only 5'10" tall. Ray knew from her file that when she was assigned to Azahar she underwent medical "de-augmentation" to reduce her size. Bob Kolinski, at 2 meters in height, was the archetypical combat Marine. Ross McGee was the head weapons engineer on the Swift project and had been instrumental in the development of the BLiPP cannon. As a civilian Ross had only undergone minor outward changes during augmentation. Kelly Ng was the aerospace engineer in charge of the design of the Swift. Unlike Ross, she had opted for considerable physical changes. She was now well over 6' tall with a model's body and a face more Caucasian that Asian.
"At ease," Ray said to the two Marines. "Thank you all for being here. There will be time for proper introductions in a while."

"Excuse me sir," Ross interjected, "Can you tell us why we are here? Kelly and I have not been informed as to why we were taken off of our current projects and brought to this meeting."

"If you insist, Mr. McGee. We are here to discuss the failure of the Swift fighter project."

"What do you mean failure?" Kelly Ng retorted in an angry tone. "The Swift is the finest fighter aircraft humans have ever built. The Swift simply cannot be a failure."

"I beg to disagree," Ray replied, "If an aircraft can only accomplish a 15% kill ratio then it is a military failure."

Kelly looked at him in astonishment. "Did you say 15%?"

"Yes."

"But we were told that the Swift trials were showing kill ratios greater than 90%?" She responded.

"Initially they were. That is until the Swift was required to perform evasive maneuvers. After that the kill ratios fell to approximately 15%."

"So, my plane isn't the problem." Kelly said with a look of relief on her face,

"No, the Swift actually far exceeded the expectations of the Confederacy in terms of speed and maneuverability." Ray replied.

"Whoa, hold on there, partner!" Ross McGee exclaimed, "I see where this is going. The weapons on those planes were right on spec and performing perfectly when they left Azahar. You're not going to pin this crap on my department."

"I never said they weren't," Ray said, "the problem isn't in the weapons."

"Somebody must be at fault." Major Green stated, "So why don't you just tell us who that is."

"Actually, the person at fault for the Swift program failure is you, Major Green." Ray replied.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.