Chronos Chronicles 2: Without a Map - Cover

Chronos Chronicles 2: Without a Map

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 17

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 17 - Chronos, after helping to save the Kindred women, finds herself on a very different journey. She is among the first human beings that she has seen in over 15 years. This time she must relearn what it means to be human, she finds herself a without a map to guide her only universal sense of what is going on.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   Gay   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Group Sex   Slow  

Where courage lies...

We do not go back to bed like our happy little libidos want us to. Instead, Nimrod takes me on a tour.

"And over here we have the Protector's training grounds," Nimrod says with a dry chuckle.

Our cabin is only a few hundred feet from training grounds, I did manage to find them only yesterday.

"South wall?" I ask pointing to the 2 story high wall that looms over the cleared area.

"yes, no much grows here so it was designed to be the firing range, but after while the protectors just took it over as full time training. Something about the bunker being too small." Nimrod explains to me. He seems to take delight in telling me about the little historical quarks the Kindred have developed over the last hundred years.

"And the bunker?" I ask looking around for the telltale lump in the ground.

"In front of the peach trees," he says and points to the clump of trees.

They are short and stumpy looking but well tended. The trees sport full green leaves.

"I take it, the whole south wall is not designated to the protectors alone?"

"No, no, just the center. and area around the weapons bunker," Nimrod replies.

He hooks his arm through mine and keeps me waking. We walk West passing a number of folks who are out for the morning. Many of them are tending the soil, dragging sacks of what I really hope is fertilizer. Nimrod waves cheerfully and everyone waves back. He doesn't stop to talk, but leads me on. Against the west wall he points out the small drain at the back of the wall, where the ground seems to sloop downward.

"What is that?" I ask as I point to the clump of thin pole like vegetation. "Against the wall over there."

"Bamboo," he answers smugly.

"Bamboo." I think back to my spar with Gunga Din and the unfamiliar wood of the kendo swords.

"yes it is tough and quick growing, we use it in many of our utensils, Spoons, straws, nettles. etc. The wood worker have a whole part of their guild designated to the use of bamboo."

"I am not really surprised," I say and lean into Nimrod and give his arm a tight squeeze.

"If we follow the wall North we will come to another set of fruit trees and the Food bunker." Nimrod says as he directs our stroll.

"And the chow hall. I get it, weapons with the fighting group, food next to the the prep area. What about the Men's and Women's dorms?"

"Well more fruit trees to hide the bunker entrances and more people to fight at the gate if need be." he says.

"Oh I get it. That gate in the east quadrant is the only entrance so you have your population near, the weapons storage behind as a fall back and food ends up being guarded too." I say and nod my head in understanding.

It is not a perfect system but if they can keep the gate and hold it to create a bottle neck, then all they have to do is wait for the protectors show up with more weapons.

"I just do not get the whole thing with the fruit trees though, What if some one set them on fire?" I ask.

"Oh lady I would hope not, " Nimrod says and pulls a face at me. "The trees are there because one of our founders had a sweet tooth, he wanted to make sure he would have jellies and fruits all the time. As it turns out the trees have lasted this long with only a few dry spells. Not that we could replace them." he shrugs and waves to some familiar faces.

Nimrod introduces me to everyone. He is always kind and attentive to those that need help. For all of his supposed social stigma, everyone is always glad to see him. This is when I realize; I am putting my centuries slant on Nimrod's life style, and I really should stop. I am in a new time with people who have their own set of conduct. And I am more likely to break them than Nimrod is. For he is loved by the Kindred. This must be what the universe wants me to see. To be loved by the Kindred is very special. No wonder Saul loves him, everyone does. And now it is my turn to learn.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.