A Chef's Journey - Cover

A Chef's Journey

Copyright© 2008 by Allan Joyal

Chapter 14: The Heart Finally Heals

Jason

For me it was a regular Tuesday when the broken pieces of my life began to come back together. I was down in the Venetian's catering kitchen reviewing the weekend schedule that included two weddings and one family reunion. The hotel was expecting a large influx of people for a major convention, and I had been warned that the regular restaurants would be unable to spare cooks, so I was doing all the early preparation I could in order to save time.

I had most of the non-perishable ingredients pre-measured and stored for use, when the phone in the kitchen started ringing. I assumed it was notice of another event and went to answer it. "Catering kitchen."

The voice of Kevin Randall spoke. "Jason, I have some lady asking to speak to a Jason O'Neill on another line. You are the only one by that name working here."

I was puzzled. "You sure? I was not expecting any calls."

Kevin sniffed. "Jason, I may not be a wizard in the kitchen like you, but I do know how to screen calls. The lady clearly asked for Jason O'Neill."

I looked around the kitchen and realized that my preparations were basically done except for the usual small setups for green room guests later that evening. "Well, I'm not busy now. Should I come up and get it, or do you just want to route it here?"

"I'll route it to you," Kevin said. I could hear the brief click as he transferred the other call over and spoke. "Miss, I have Jason on the line."

The silence on the other end of the line puzzled me so I spoke. "Hello, can I help you?" I was still trying to figure out what the call was about when Kevin and I heard the click of someone hanging up.

Kevin immediately apologized. "I'm sorry; perhaps she had the wrong person."

"It's not a problem. I can take a short break before I start cooking up some dinner for the green room buffets," I replied. I hung up and headed back to my room for a short break before the evening shift started.

I had completely forgotten about the call by Friday and the start of my weekend rush of events. There had been a last minute change, and I found that I had four events between Friday evening and Saturday, with the event originally scheduled for Sunday moved to Saturday afternoon. Once again Kevin was a bit panicked and rushed around worried, while I dialed up Le Cordon Bleu College and asked if they had any students who wanted a weekend of experience. They quickly turned up a pair of young chef trainees who proved to be excellent helpers and eager to learn. The Friday wedding reception went smoothly as Kevin calmed down and both chefs promised to be back early to help on Saturday.

Saturday was a tiring day. The first reception was small, but the customer had demanded a high quality French themed menu, which put my and the trainees skills to the test. We then had to hurry and put together the formerly Sunday wedding reception with almost no time to rest. When the final plate went out the door at two-thirty everyone was exhausted, but knew we had a major family reunion/wedding reception at six.

I told my trainees that they could take ninety minutes to rest, but that we would meet at four to start the final push, thanking them for their hard work. Both gave me smiles in return, and admitted that they had already learned quite a bit. Catering high end parties like this required a different type of preparation than one uses in a restaurant, and they were impressed by the systems I followed. I could not produce thirty different dishes a night this way, but the three or four dishes on the menu could be produced rapidly and maintain high quality, even when serving groups of up to a hundred.

I took some time to grab a snack at the buffet. I could have cooked for myself, but I knew I would be spending another three hours in the kitchen and decided to relax. What was puzzling was throughout my meal I had the distinct feeling of being watched, but my few scans of the dining area did not spot the watchers. I finally gave up on it, as I could not think of who might be looking for me in Vegas.

The final event proved to be great fun to prepare for. I had pulled out some entrees from my days back in high school, and both trainees found the creations bold and innovative. The attendees seemed extremely happy about the food, and the servers kept bringing back words of praise, which only increased the smiles in the kitchen. The night had gone so well, that none of us were surprised when Kevin asked us to come outside so that we guests could give us their appreciation.

The standing ovation we received when we came out was surprising and very welcome. I made sure that both trainees stepped forward to accept the acclaim as I watched. We waited a moment for the applause to die down and then turned to return to the kitchen to complete our clean up when Kevin appeared at my side and grabbed my arm.

"I need you to come with me for a moment," he said.

Kevin's face suggested that arguing would be futile, so I nodded to the trainees and told them I would meet them in a moment before following Kevin. He seemed strangely animated as he walked me to one of the doors to the reception hall and then unceremoniously thrust me through.

I turned back to protest the treatment when a pair of arms wrapped around me and pushed me back against the wall. I had not quite figured out what was happening when a pair of lips fastened to mine. I stood there in shock as this unknown person gave me a soul-devouring kiss.

The person finally let me up for and I tried to focus as I could hear a voice say. "It's been so long, Jason. I missed you."

At that point the color of the arms wrapped around my neck along with the breasts being squeezed against me registered. "Tameka!" I cried as I threw my arms around her. "How did you find me?"

Tameka just smiled as she looked into my eyes. "My love for you was my radar."

She started to lean in for another kiss, but I held her off. "Tameka, love. Slow down please. I have to get the kitchen here closed down properly, and then we need to talk."

Tameka looked about to argue with me when Kevin stepped through the doorway from the reception area. He looked at me trapped in Tameka's arms and laughed. "Oh good, you haven't run off yet. Jason, your trainees tell me that just about everything is cleaned up already, and you've signed all the paperwork for their pay. Now, why don't you take this lovely lady downstairs and listen to her?"

I was silent as my mind registered Kevin's statement. Tameka squealed with happiness and pulled me into another long kiss before unwinding from me and starting to drag me down the hallway towards the elevator. "Let's go," she ordered.

I tried to get her to slow, but it was not until we reached the elevators that I was able to pull my hand free and exclaim. "Tameka, we need to talk."

Tameka turned to look at me and smiled. "Yes, so you said. So talk. I'm listening."

"Not here," I replied uncomfortably.

Tameka laughed. "No problem. I know where we are going to talk, and what we'll talk about." Her hands played around my belt buckle and I suddenly felt rather uncomfortable. She slithered in for another kiss just as the bell rang indicating that the elevator had arrived.

Tameka backed down a little once we were on the elevator, but remained close throughout the ride. There was a lot I wanted to say, but I wanted privacy.

We arrived in the lobby and Tameka again grabbed me to half lead, half drag me to the entrance where she pointed towards a waiting limo. "We are going there," she stated as we stepped outside. Without waiting for me she ran to the limo and stood as the driver opened the door.

I followed, still trying to figure out what was happening. I was about to ask Tameka a question when she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me inside the limo and gave me another kiss. I was briefly aware of the passenger door closing and the car shaking as the driver walked around and got inside. "Wha?"

Tameka laughed. "He knows where we are going. And now, we have about an hour to talk, since driving down the strip in a Saturday night is very slow."

I paused for a moment and looked at Tameka. She had on a short black dress, something I had never seen her in before. Other than that, she was the same woman I had fallen in love with and I played with her hair for a moment before deciding on what I wanted to say. I was still struggling, but Tameka's fidgeting made it clear that she was ready to pull my pants down so I charged forward.

"Tameka," I began. "I've missed you far more than you can imagine, and was pretty heartbroken when we had to stop calling. But, I think it's time that I told you about my past. We never seemed to talk much and it's unfair for you to believe in me so much, when I failed so badly."

Her response was a knowing smile as her hands once again sought my belt buckle. "Go ahead."

I grasped Tameka's hands to stop her for a moment. "I'm serious Tameka. I failed two women badly, and they ended up raped because I did not protect them. I still have nightmares where I see them being violated as I stand there and do nothing."

Tameka pulled her hands out of mine, and then put them around my neck to look me in the eyes. "I can see you need to tell me, but let me assure you Jason. Nothing you say today will change how I think about you."

I sighed and let my hands reach around her waist. "I love you Tameka, and if you still love me after this, I want to marry you tonight."

I heard a gasp and then Tameka fell over so her head was on my shoulder. "I was wrong; there was a way to change how I feel about you. Jason, you are going to so get it from me as soon as your are done."

My right hand reached up and started to fondle her hair. She just wiggled a little to be comfortable and I began. "Tameka, when I showed up in your grandfather's diner, I was running from my memories. Memories of how I let my sister and her best friend become playthings of a man older than my father drove me. Even today I have a hard time facing that failure. And I don't even know how it started. I just know I heard my sister involved in an orgy with this older couple. She didn't fight them as they ordered her to suck his cock, and I could even hear her moan with pleasure. The couple had spent a lot of time with her best friend, and I my heart and mind broke as I listened to my sister obeying this man. I got in my car and drove away, never looking back. It was days before I was sane enough to realize I had driven away. I didn't even call the cops to try to stop it."

Tameka had let her hand wander back down towards my belt and was idly playing with it. "Did you see anything? And why didn't you charge in to save her?"

I found myself staring directly ahead. "No, I did not see a thing. Rebecca was in their house and the curtains were closed. I could only hear her because it was a quiet night and they had left a window open. As for saving her, it was not possible. The house she was in was built like a fortress. I'm not even sure the police could have gotten in."

I felt a gentle kiss on my cheek and then Tameka started undoing my belt again. "So you drove straight to the diner?"

I snorted. "No. When I calmed down enough to actually think, three days had passed and I was in Washington. I wandered aimlessly for a couple weeks, until my car broke down in Salt Lake City, and someone suggested that I could lose myself in Wyoming. There I ended up working for a resort as their head chef, until Linda came."

Tameka's head rose and she asked. "Who is Linda?"

I groaned slightly as Tameka finally got my pants open and her hand slid under my briefs to caress my cock. "She is my sister's real mother. Although Rebecca isn't really my sister, she was one year old when my father married Linda. He adopted her when Linda decided that she wanted a more exciting lifestyle and left us."

Tameka pushed me slightly and then used the distraction to pull my pants and briefs down, freeing my cock. Before I could react she had straddled my body and slid her pussy over my cock. "Don't stop, but believe me when I tell you that you aren't going to scare me away with that. I just need you in me, it's been tooooo long," she sighed.

I looked down at Tameka and her dress that flowed out around our union. "There isn't much more to say. Linda and her excuses brought the nightmares back worse than before. I started to see Rebecca and Monique in my dreams, but instead of them being raped, they were now enthusiastic participants and once again, I ran from that thought. It was then that I stumbled into your grandfather's diner. You know the rest."

Tameka had started slowly rocking back and forth on my cock. "Not all of it. I don't know when you fell in love with me, nor how you ended up here. You told me you were at a resort on the east coast."

I began meeting Tameka's thrusts and pushed the straps of her dress off her shoulders so that it fell off her breasts, revealing their perfect globes to my sight and touch. "I think I fell in love with you that second night when we made slow love for the first time. Oh god, Tameka, I'm missed you and this."

Tameka growled and started rocking with more urgency. "Oh god, I've missed this too. I don't want us to be apart again. Give it to me Jason, fill me and love me."

I moved my hands to her hips and began matching her movements with my own. There was more I wanted to say, but other than moans of pleasure I was incapable of speech for the next several moments as I thrust deep into Tameka.

She also stopped talking as her motion became frantic with passion. She grabbed me around the neck and I thought she'd bend down to kiss me when her hands relaxed and I could see her eyes roll up. Just then her pussy grasped my cock and I felt the release come, causing me to pass out.

I woke up a moment later with Tameka lying across me. It took a moment of gently shaking before she woke and spoke. "Oh god. We have to do that again."

"Not sure I want to go months without it just for that kind of build up," I replied.

Tameka gasped and then hit me in the arm. "Jerk." I worried for a moment, but then she leaned down and kissed me. "So is that all?"

I realized what she was talking about and sighed. "That's about it. You know I ended up at a resort on the east coast. I just didn't tell you that it was a gay resort, 'cause I didn't want to worry you. The employees were mostly nice, but one of the owners decided that I was going to be his. I even put pictures of you up in the kitchen to show that I was in love with a beautiful lady and he kept after me. The other owner had a contact at the Venetian and through that contact I got a trial as an assistant chef. That didn't work out well for me, but one day I rescued Kevin Randall when a catering order was input wrong, and they put me in charge of cooking for receptions."

Tameka laughed. "So what do you want to do in the future then?"

I gave her a loving kiss, which she returned. "Marry you first. Then I think a couple years at a cooking school, just to help improve my skills. I have been getting by on what I learned during high school, but working under the professionals here, I learned that I have much I could improve on. After that I want to open a restaurant somewhere."

Tameka looked at me for a moment. "What about contacting your father and family? Shouldn't they be part of all this?"

I sighed. "I want to, but how to you face two girls, one who might have been your fiancée and apologize for failing to protect them?"

As soon as I said it I expected a slap, instead Tameka gave me a loving kiss. "You still should talk to them."

I looked her in the eyes. "Tameka, I just admitted that Monique was nearly my fiancée and you didn't react. Why not?"

She laughed. "Because, I know you love me. So why should I feel threatened. I don't see you rushing off to return to her arms."

I nodded and Tameka cuddled against me, giving me gentle kisses and caresses as the limo continued its journey. I had not really been paying close attention to the ride, but our earlier conversation and fun must have lasted a while because it was only five minutes before the limo came to a stop in an underground parking garage and Tameka quickly put her clothing in order.

The driver opened the door just as I got the zipper of my pants back up. I exited first and Tameka pointed to a rather pedestrian looking elevator just a short distance away. She paused to say something to the limo driver who nodded and then closed the door, driving off as Tamaka came to put her arm in mine. "Let's go and get into a real bed. I want to sleep with you in my arms again."

I smiled as she swiped a room card to call the elevator and then gave me a kiss while we waited for it to arrive. On its arrival she pushed me into it and pushed me against the back panel after pressing one of the buttons to send the elevator skyward.

We arrived in a very well lit and decorated hallway. Tameka smiled and grabbed my hand, quickly leading me to a set of double doors and using her card to gain us access.

I stopped once we were inside. I had expected a small room, but the suite we had entered appeared to be larger than some apartments. There was a nice dining area and a small TV and entertainment area. Part of me wanted to look around, but Tameka pulled me deeper in. She let me into a finely laid out bedroom and jumped onto the bed, pulling her dress off to look back at me totally naked.

I followed her to the edge of the bed and looked deep into her eyes. "I love you," I said, standing there motionless.

Tameka laughed. "You may love me, but you are overdressed for showing it."

I quickly started stripping as Tameka looked at me. She moved up the bed and started posing for me, which made it a bit difficult to get my briefs off as my cock hardened and got tangled in them in my rush to disrobe.

Finally naked, I jumped onto the bed and was giving Tameka a long, passionate kiss when I heard a feminine giggle behind me and turned my head.

Standing in a doorway leading to what appeared to be a large dressing area were Rebecca and Monique. They were wearing baby doll nighties and smiles. I was trying to figure out what was going on when Tameka kissed my ear and whispered. "Surprise."

"Wha?" I said as Rebecca and Monique walked over to the edge of the bed. I was trying to disengage from my embrace with Tameka when Monique knelt down and kissed me.

"Do you no longer want me?" she said as her lips left mine.

"But-"

"Jason you love me completely right. Well, Rebecca and Monique love you just as much as I do, and I told them I'd share," Tameka said as she kissed me.

"But-"

"You shouldn't feel bad. The Foster's didn't get to rape either Monique or I," Rebecca said as she pushed me onto my back and gave me her own kiss. "We have been waiting to find you so that we could let our true love take our virginities."

I was lying there trying to figure out what was going on, and holding on to Tameka. Everything was going far to fast, but I was too off balance to fight back. Yet, I knew I had to say something. "Wait! This is going too fast, and making no sense."

Tameka gave me a kiss as Monique and Rebecca knelt on the bed and looked down at me. I was surprised by the smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes.

Monique reached out to put her hand on my cheek. "Jason, you did all you could for both Rebecca and I. The Foster's had everyone fooled, and neither Reb nor I had the sense to talk to you about it. Tamara kept talking about how a little practice and planning would help me catch the man of my dreams, and I stupidly forgot that I already had you. Instead I looked at it as great practice in sexuality. Learn to be sexy and then I'd get to show you how much I loved you was what I thought I was doing. It wasn't until the night you disappeared that that we found out the truth."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.