The Merchant of Chaos - Cover

The Merchant of Chaos

Copyright© 2008 by A Strange Geek

Chapter 27

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 27 - With the failure of the Overlords' gambit, Oceanus is plunged into civil war. But the Mages may yet uncover Jollis' secret, forcing him to desperate ends to preserve his mission. In the middle is Amanda, wishing only to be happy in her reunion with her lover, but unable to resist becoming involved as she struggles to redefine her role in this world. But her personal chaos is nothing compared to the chaos planned for her by Jollis. (This is the fourth story in the series)

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Romantic   NonConsensual   Fiction   DomSub   Spanking   Light Bond   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

Amanda squirmed as she slowly rose to wakefulness. Her eyes fluttered open, and she let out a husky sigh. For a moment she thought she was still asleep and had slipped into an erotic dream. Why else would her sex feel so warm and achy?

Her eyes finally focused and saw Sirinna smiling down at her. "About time you woke up," she whispered softly.

"Huh? Sirinna, did you ... oh!..."

A hand had slid sensuously over the inside of her thigh. Amanda shivered and moaned.

"I missed doing this with you last night," Sirinna said. "So I thought we'd take a few moments this morning."

"I'm sorry, Sirinna, if I've been seeing Lanno too much. I didn't mean to neglect ... oh gods ... h-how did you get me so horny? I only just woke up!"

Sirinna giggled. "A little technique for arousing someone while they're still asleep. It's the next thing I'll be teaching you in training."

Amanda was about to reply when Sirinna's fingers slipped into her wet slit. Amanda shuddered and spread her legs. Sirinna teased her lover with light, furtive strokes for a few moments before removing her hand. "Let's do this right."

Her body slid over Amanda's, and her tongue descended into Amanda's wanting sex. Amanda let out a sultry sigh and eagerly accepted Sirinna's glistening pussy as it slowly fell upon her face.

Amanda did feel that she had been neglecting Sirinna, and it showed in her technique. Sirinna writhed at Amanda's enthusiasm, panting hard through her nose and trembling with the effort to keep control over her response. It was nearly impossible, and soon her body shuddered in orgasm.

Sirinna responded in kind, and soon Amanda was squirming desperately under the sensual assault. Their moans and whimpers rose in shrill chorus. One would jerk in climax, and the other would follow not long after. Delicacy was not to be found. Each licked as fast and sucked as hard as possible in an escalating frenzy.

Finally, Amanda and Sirinna shared a single simultaneous orgasm, rippling through their entwined bodies and making them moan into each other's sex.

Panting hard, they separated. Sirinna fell to her side and snuggled against her lover. Amanda let out a long sigh of contentment and draped an arm around Sirinna. It took her another few moments to catch her breath.

"That was quite nice, Amanda," Sirinna said softly. "And quite energetic."

Amanda smiled faintly. "I have been neglecting you, haven't I? I've been spending too much time with Lanno. Just like..."

Sirinna lifted her head. "Just like what, love?"

Amanda bit her lip. She was about to say "just like Jollis." Instead, she shook her head. "Never mind."

"It's okay. I understand."

Amanda doubted that her lover really did understand. It had nothing to do with her intelligence. Sirinna simply did not know jealousy.

Amanda kept telling herself it was not the same. She was sure she was not in love with Lanno. They did not have nearly enough in common. It was not like Jollis at all.

"Are you all right, Amanda?" Sirinna asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," Amanda lied.

"Are you sure? You've been ... well, a bit on edge the last day or two. Like you're worried about something."

I am not worried about Jollis! she shouted in her head. "Oh, just ... just everything going on. Stuff Master Roquan tells me."

"Like what?"

Amanda hesitated. She certainly could not tell Sirinna about Gronnus. In only another day, his Manor would be wiped off the face of Narlass by the Emperor's forces.

While she had no love for the Overlord of that Manor, the idea was frightening. Until then, it had seemed that the Overlords were above the fray, that their Manors were hallowed neutral ground. She thought of how horrible it would be for something like that to happen to Roquan's Manor. What would happen to her? What would happen to Sirinna? Or Lanno? Or even Roquan or Vanlo?

"It's ... um ... you really wouldn't understand, Sirinna. And it's pretty boring anyway," Amanda finally said.

Sirinna nodded slowly. "Okay, love. So long as there's nothing you need to talk about."

"No, I'll be fine. Just give me a day or two and I'll be back to normal."

Sirinna tilted her head. "Does that mean something is supposed to happen in..."

"Sirinna, never mind! It's not important. Here, let's just go get something to eat." Amanda extricated herself from her lover and ducked into the sanitary to freshen herself.

Sirinna puzzled over this for the few moments that Amanda was gone. Amanda had been coy in the past with information, and Sirinna had never made further note of it. She would accept Amanda's explanation, and soon after it would fade from her mind and be gone. She would not think twice about it.

This time, however, it bothered her. She was not sure why. Then the thought came to her: Amanda thinks you're not smart enough.

Sirinna frowned, but it disappeared a heartbeat later. Certainly that was not true. And why did it matter? She never gave her intelligence a second thought. Yet now Sirinna wondered if this is why Amanda hardly talked to her about anything outside of slave training anymore. She wondered if she had to do something to convince Amanda to start talking to her again.

Amanda emerged from the sanitary. Sirinna stood up. After a pause, she smiled. "Ready to go?"

Amanda nodded and offered a weak smile. Sirinna took Amanda's hand, and the two of them headed out together into the morning sunshine.


It was some time before Roquan's summons was answered, and he had just about given up when the bespectacled image of a surprisingly young-looking man shimmered into view.

"Apologies for keeping you waiting," he said, adjusting his spectacles. "I had to find someplace private to answer your Farview. Such places are in short supply for Journeymen at the Guild Hall. You are Overlord Roquan D'ronstaq, I presume?"

Roquan nodded once. "Yes, I am he." He gestured to the side. "And I have my fellow Overlord Rennis D'glounaas with me."

Rennis folded his arms and looked on with interest.

"Very good," said the young Mage. "I am Uroddus Q'garra. I need to ask you a question, Overlord. Please bear with me if the question appears odd, I will explain as much as I can. Have you heard of any Overlord losing a large number of slaves over the last season?"

Roquan gave Uroddus an odd look. "Could you be more specific on what you mean by 'lost?'"

"Kidnapped, perhaps. Or simply disappeared in transit to or from a client. Or otherwise unaccounted for."

Roquan looked at Rennis questioningly. Rennis simply shook his head and shrugged, looking a bit confused as well.

"Please, Overlords, if such a thing has happened, it is imperative that you be open about it," urged Uroddus.

"Do not misinterpret our looks as secrecy, Mage Q'garra," said Roquan evenly. "We honestly do not know of such incidents."

Uroddus paused a moment. "And you are sure of this?"

"Absolutely. We would have heard about such a thing."

Uroddus fiddled with his spectacles. "I have been told that the Overlords ... tend to keep to themselves."

"This is true, but I answer you honestly and openly now. I have heard of nothing of this sort."

Rennis frowned and stepped forward. "Wait a moment, Roquan." He turned to Uroddus' image. The spell on the pearl sensed another participant and made him appear to the Journeyman Mage. "Why do you ask about such a thing? I'm rather curious now."

Uroddus slipped off his spectacles. "Over the course of the past two seasons, the Mage Guild has been detecting a number of Portals of mysterious origins being opened at various locations in Oceanus."

Roquan nodded, his eyes cool. "Yes, I know of them. I can tell you who is behind them."

Uroddus' eyebrows rose. "You can?"

"Yes. It is another example of the Emperor's treachery. He has used his agents to sow deception and..." Roquan stopped when Uroddus began emphatically shaking his head. "Are you suggesting this is incorrect?"

"While it is certainly possible that the Emperor is acting in such a way through his agents, the Portals that I speak of are being opened from outside of Oceanus' borders."

Roquan frowned. "I beg your pardon?"

"We believe that another country is projecting Portals into Oceanus without the need for a focus."

"Wait, what?" Rennis suddenly exploded. "Without a focus?"

"That is impossible," said Roquan. "Any Overlord will tell you that opening a Portal without a focus suffers vast inaccuracy. They would be hard-pressed to place anyone within less than fifty leagues of their intended destination."

"Yes, with known Portal technology, Overlord." Uroddus put his spectacles back on. "The exact explanation is highly technical. Suffice it to say that we believe that this foreign power has learned to target Portals from the source by utilizing someone that is very familiar with the target location."

"Do you realize how fantastic that sounds? I was under the impression that the Mages themselves were emphatic about the nonexistence of mind-reading."

"Yes, well ... even Mages can be wrong."

"But about tenets that have been accepted for centuries?"

"You mean like the basic tenets behind the Draught?" Rennis said in a low voice.

Roquan's head jerked towards him. "You don't seriously believe... ?"

"Why not? Stranger things have already happened!" Rennis turned to the Farview image. "So what does this have to do with your initial question, Q'garra? Why the question about the slaves?"

"It is a theory of Master Q'y ... of my mentor ... that were a foreign power with this ability to use Portals to invade another nation, it would be best done by securing individuals whose memories could provide targets deep inside strongholds of political power, such as..."

"The Noble Lord palaces!" Rennis said, his eyes wide.

Roquan narrowed his eyes and frowned. "Q'garra, were you about to mention the name of Mage Q'yros just now? Is he your mentor?"

Uroddus paused. "Yes, he is."

Roquan sighed. "I thought so."

"Overlord, please. I know of your feelings towards him, but this is irrelevant. The threat posed by these Portals is real. For one, we do not think we can ward against them."

"But was it not Q'yros that worked for the Emperor?" Roquan declared. "And was it not the Emperor that first engaged in paranoia over the Far West? How do I know this is not some fantastic story, and you are the deliverer of the message merely to instill some sort of legitimacy to it?"

"Roquan..." Rennis said.

"Overlord, if you would just..." Uroddus began.

"No, you will let me have my say. I have had enough of this duplicity. I have been burned enough times by that infernal Mage. He is constantly aiding and abetting my enemies against me. I will not tolerate any further..."

"Roquan!" Rennis shouted.

Taken aback, Roquan looked at Rennis in surprise.

"Who did Gronnus sell his slaves to?"

Uroddus' eyebrows rose.

Roquan hesitated. He looked from Rennis to Uroddus and back. "Surely you don't believe that is connected to this?"

"Where did you last hear Jollis was operating?"

"I have had no reliable intelligence, Rennis, and he has not been a priority for me..."

"Yes, but where?"

Roquan was silent for a long moment. "In the vicinity of Gronnus' Manor."

"And what is Jollis again? And where is he from?"

Roquan's jaw clenched, and his eyes burned. "This is madness. Utter madness."

"But it fits!"

"Only if you believe this Mage's incredible story! He can invent anything he wishes and gamble that we do not have enough knowledge to refute it."

"Overlords, please," Uroddus said. "I must ask you to explain what you're talking about. What is this about a sale of slaves?"

Roquan looked away in disgust. Rennis glared at him before turning to Uroddus. "A fellow Overlord has sold the entire remaining inventory of his slaves, possibly in one large transaction. And no other Overlord has claimed to be the buyer."

Uroddus adjusted his spectacles. "I see. I assume that Overlords would sell only to other Overlords under normal circumstances?"

"Even Gronnus would not be so contemptible as to do what you are suggesting, Rennis!" Roquan declared.

"How can you say that with a straight face?" Rennis exclaimed. "After everything Gronnus has done?"

"You were just defending him the other day, now you conveniently..."

"I was defending his dignity as a fellow Overlord! I was not defending his actions or his honor. Gods damn you, Roquan, listen for once! Maybe this is just a farce. Maybe this is just some fairy tale that Q'yros cooked up. But if it's not, do you realize what the implications are?"

"Yes, I very well realize the implications! It means admitting that the Emperor was right!"

The two Overlords stared at each other for a long, tense moment. Roquan's eyes blazed, and he turned his back on his fellow Overlord, taking a few steps away from him and the Farview.

"It does not excuse the Emperor's actions, Roquan," Rennis said. "He was not at all forthcoming about these details. Not to us and not to the Noble Lords."

"With all due respect," said Uroddus delicately. "I am not sure even the Emperor understood precisely the danger. It was not until Master Q'yros and I performed extensive research into this area that we knew for sure."

"I do not believe this," Roquan said in a low voice.

Rennis sighed. "Roquan, do you really want to take the chance that..."

Roquan turned. "I will pass this on to Lord Duric, and let him decide what he wishes to do with this information. But I for one see this as only another ploy by the Emperor's lackey to distract us."

"You're not serious."

"Has it not occurred to you, Rennis, that the Emperor may be about to lose the war?"

"And how do you figure this?"

"He is making rash and foolish decisions in terms of strategy. Witness his recent attack on the Overlord Manor."

"Yes, the same Manor where we believed Jollis was last seen. Maybe the Emperor knows this, too."

"Or maybe he is preying on our fears. Perhaps he knows of the incident with Jollis and its connection to me. He engineers this story of terrible doom in hopes of shaking our confidence in our rationale behind the war, and he gets Q'yros to do his dirty work for him. He has done this before. My sabotaged Portal. The Farviewing pearl from Freya. What better way to hamper the war effort but to sow the seed of doubt upon our convictions and force some to entertain the possibility that perhaps the Emperor was right? It fits, as you so succinctly put it before."

Rennis let out a long sigh and shook his head. "I'm just not sure the Emperor is clever enough to do all that, Roquan. I'm not sure he's capable of even half the stuff we attribute to him."

"It is far more plausible than the story this Mage is telling us."

"I am sorry," said Uroddus. "But I must terminate this Farview, as I have to get to my next instruction period. Overlord Roquan, I understand your misgivings. I wish I could do something to convince you further. If you would pass on this information to Lord Duric as you suggested, I would be grateful."

Roquan glowered at the Farview image. "I will do as I said I would. But do not expect me to make a case for you."

Uroddus bowed his head. "Understood. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you wish to ask me more questions on the matter."

"It is unlikely I will. Good day." Roquan waved his hand and terminated the Farview before the Mage could respond.

"Will you actually tell Lord Duric?" Rennis asked.

Roquan frowned as he picked up the Farview pearl. "You should not need to ask me that. Despite my feelings, I am a man of my word. I will inform Lord Duric today, but I will not be loathe to express my doubts."

"To be honest, Roquan, I hope you are right. I hope this is indeed just a fool's errand. Because if it's not, the implications are much more frightening than just having to admit the Emperor was right."


Overlord Doran sighed theatrically. "Well?"

Vanlo drew back from the device. "Really, your Lordship. Please be patient and hold still. It is difficult enough to view a beating heart."

Doran clenched his jaw to withhold a tart rejoinder. He plopped his hands loudly at his sides and stared up at the ceiling. "Things are happening in my absence and I must tend to them."

"And no talking, please, your Lordship."

"May I breathe?"

"Only if you do so quietly."

Amanda clamped her hand over her mouth. She could not hide her mirth even when Doran glared at her.

Vanlo lowered his eyes to the device. What appeared to be a large magnifying class was attached to a metal pole, which in turn was mounted upon a small metal box. Inside, enchanted gears and armatures whirred as he adjusted a series of knobs.

Through the glass, his vision penetrated the Overlord's skin to the muscle below, and then to the chest cavity. He turned the knobs minutely until he was rewarded with a vision of the Overlord's heart, with just a ghost image of the lungs on either side.

His eyes narrowed as he traced the patterns of blood vessels that spidered over the heart chambers. He could see the small spot of dead tissue at the end of one run, the result of Doran's episode the quarter moon before. He spied a second scar from an older attack as well.

He traced back the run from the recent scar, carefully inspecting how full the vessel looked as an indicator of whether it was still blocked. After peering at it intently for another moment, he backed away from the device.

"The blockage is cleared as much as I can manage," Vanlo announced. "You are out of any immediate danger."

Amanda smiled broadly in approval.

Doran gave the Healer a sour look. "I could have told you that!" he boomed as he thew back the furs. He bolted quickly to his feet. "I feel just fine!"

Vanlo tapped the side of the box. It fell silent, and the viewer became normal glass again. "You will not be if you allow it to become blocked again," said Vanlo evenly. "And it is not completely cleared, so you are still at risk. I will give you something to take each day to try to prevent a further blockage, but you must return to your Manor soon so your regular Healer may treat you."

"Yes, yes, I intend to. I never meant to spend this much time here. I just need to catch up on what has been happening."

"Please do try not to stress yourself, your Lordship." He turned to Amanda.

Amanda immediately stepped forward. "Yes, Master Vanlo?"

"See to his Lordship's needs this morning before you return to the office. Please bring the device back with you. Summon another slave if it is too heavy. It is most certainly too much for me to lift twice in one day."

"Yes, of course, Master."

Vanlo turned back to Doran and bowed his head. "Please come see me by midday and I will have the potion ready for you. Good day, your Lordship."

"Good day, Vanlo. And, ah, thank you."

Vanlo offered Doran a small smile before he left.

Amanda watched Vanlo go before she stepped forward. "Master?"

Doran turned to her and smiled faintly. "Much as I would enjoy another pleasurable romp in bed with you, my dear, I do wish to find Roquan so he may bring me up to speed on the latest disasters."

Amanda smiled as well, though she was a bit disappointed. "Very well, Master. Is there anything else I may do for you before I go?"

Doran looked at Amanda thoughtfully. "Tell me, Amanda, and I do not believe I have ever asked this of a slave before, gods help me, but do you actually enjoy being a slave?"

Amanda was a bit surprised by the question. "Well ... I enjoy doing my slave duties, Master."

"That's not quite what I asked. I know you appear to enjoy the sexual aspect of it, and you obey me without question. But what about your status as a slave?"

"That's difficult to answer, Master."

"Please, try."

"I guess the best way to put it is that I don't want to be just a slave. I don't want to be known for just how I can please people. I mean, I like pleasing others, so long as they're kind to me in return, like you were."

Doran offered her a small smile. "I always believe a Master should treat his slaves as they treat him."

Amanda nodded gratefully. "So, yes, Master, I'm okay with my status as a slave. I've grown used to it, so it's part of my life now. But I'm capable of more than that." She paused a moment. "I think Master Roquan recognizes that."

"Ah, yes, especially considering some of the 'tasks' he gave you at the Conclave," said Doran with a sardonic smile.

"I did what I thought was right at the time, Master."

"As I am sure Roquan did. Anyway, thank you, Amanda, for answering my question. You may go."

Amanda bowed her head respectfully at the Overlord. She trotted over to the device, lifted it with a grunt, and headed out the door.


Vanlo pondered the question that had been put to him by Roquan. "I am not sure I ever stopped to discern any difference between one or the other, your Lordship."

"Are you quite certain about that?" asked the Overlord. "You have no recollection of any Portal feeling any different than another?"

"Even when it was at its best, your Lordship, my Portal sense was not very specific on details," the Healer explained. "I could sense power level and direction, but little beyond that. I am afraid that the subtleties you speak of were beyond my capability."

"Very well, Vanlo. Thank you in either case."

"If I may ask, your Lordship, what prompted this question?"

Roquan resisted answering, as he did not want to give any further credence to Uroddus' claims, but Vanlo deserved an answer. "I received a message from the Mage Guild. They claim that someone has invented a means by which a Portal can be opened accurately without the need of a focus at the destination."

"Oh, come now, that's impossible," Lanno said.

"This was my thought as well," said Roquan.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.