A True Tale - Cover

A True Tale

Copyright© 2008 by acolodude

Chapter 3

The old man walked through the door and looked around. The people gathered at the three large tables all pulled together in the far corner brought a smile to his face. He walked up to the tables and was greeted by everyone offering him a seat and to help himself to breakfast.

He sat between all three tables; served two plates piled high with food and sipped his goblet of water with sliced fruit in it.

After finishing off the first plate the stretched yawned and began talking.

A month or so after leaving General Kahn Deke Keal and the others were just getting back from a job protecting a caravan. They had moved into a local Inn called the 'Broken Spear' the ground level had the kitchen dining area and tavern all together. The second level was eight small rooms four on each side. The third level had four large rooms and one small one that the owner and his family lived in. The group had rented all four of the large rooms. Tia had made it know to everyone she had selected Keal to be her mate. Deke was happy and Keal did not mind, everyone else did not care one way or the other.

Deke and Bo-Jo were in the first room on the left; Raiffe and Kay-Lor were in the first room on the right; Malak and Gada were in the second room on the left; and Keal and Tia were in the second room on the right.

13 men entered the Broken Spear, eight Soldiers, two Sergeants, one Officer, and two other men one dressed as a noble and the other wearing a dark green & dark blue robe. They called out for Deke and Keal. The owner pointed up the stairs shouting, "top floor".

Four Soldiers and one Sergeant stayed at the bottom of the stairs the rest went up to the top floor.

The four Soldiers were sent to knock on each door as the Officer called out again for Deke or Keal.

When the Soldiers tried the doors only two opened. Keal and Tia's room as Keal had just walked out across to Deke's room with is the other door that opened. Tia was in the process of trying to use to chamber pot and did not like the Soldier watching her. His rude actions and comment of 'spread dem legs wider sos we kin all see girly' along with the rude action of the Soldier that opened Deke's door set Keal off.

Keal turned as the door was opened heard and saw what was going on and faster than anyone could realize palmed the throat of the Soldier that had opened Deke's door with his left hand shoving him up and over the railing and letting him drop through the stairwell to the ground floor where he landed on two other Soldiers.

Not breaking stride Keal crossed the hallway grabbing the Soldier who had made the comment with his right hand at the back of his neck and between the legs with his left lifting the Soldier over his head and tossed him over the railing. He landed on top of the Sergeant who was kneeling over the three injured Soldier.

The remaining two Soldiers and the Sergeant drew their swords and moved toward Keal. Deke and Bo-Jo stepped in front of them with their own swords drawn. The officer drew his sword and yelled for Deke and Bo-Jo to drop their weapons. Both doors on the right and left opened and Raiffe told the officer to call off his Soldiers before they got themselves killed and to sheath his sword.

The noble spoke trying to explain that Duke Waverly requested their presence at his keep. Deke and Bo-Jo had already engaged the Soldiers. Bo-Jo knocked his over the railing instantly. Deke had disarmed his. The man in robes raised his hand pointing a wooden stick toward Keal Deke and Bo-Jo when he gasped grabbed his chest and was seen to be holding the back half of an arrow. Everyone turned to see Tia drawing another arrow.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.