The Heat of Summer - Cover

The Heat of Summer

Copyright© 2008 by Jonas

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - 15-year-old Brody Brown is dragged back to another family reunion by his mother. The dreaded three-day annual summer event has become the lowlight of his summer. It wasn't always that way, and a blast from his past sweeps in to show him that it's not so bad after all.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Mult   Consensual   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Incest   Cousins   First   Oral Sex   Slow  

Mom slowed the car, and turned onto a gravel drive. I barely glanced out of the window, preferring instead to focus on my IPod while I advanced it through the playlist. Ah, Puddle of Mudd. I'm most definitely feeling like a "Psycho" at the moment. I glanced at Mom. She was saying something, but I couldn't hear her over my headphones. I sighed and pulled the bud out of my ear.

"What, Mom?"

"I was saying that things haven't changed much since last year, Brody."

I shrugged. She said this every year when we pulled onto the grounds of the youth camp where we held the annual Greenwall family reunion. Greenwall was my mom's maiden name, and the reunion was for the families of her dad and his siblings. They'd been holding it since before I was born, and they'd had it at the same campground in eastern Tennessee since its beginning.

I put the bud back in my ear and let the bass track thump around in my skull. I looked out my window at the thick blanket of trees. Why they did this thing in the middle of summer is beyond me. Who wants to spend three days in the oppressive humid heat without air conditioning? The only salvation was the swimming pool.

In only a few minutes, we crested a hill and the youth camp opened out in front of us, a central dining hall with several buildings flanking it, as well as a couple of rows of cabins on each side of those. The rows of cabins ran perpendicular to the row of buildings, leaving a nice large green space in the middle of the structures. It was there that tables and chairs were in abundance. Almost enough chairs for all the Greenwalls milling about. Usually there were over a hundred people here, which meant my cheeks would get pinched by enough old women to bruise them.

I leaned my head back against the seat and silently dreaded the next few days. At least we lived far enough away that we didn't have to get here early. It was already after seven in the evening, and since we often left after breakfast on Sunday, it wouldn't be too long a visit.

I felt a sting on my leg and whipped my head to look at Mom. She had pulled up next to a cabin and was already getting out of the car. She had obviously smacked my leg to get my attention. I pulled the ear bud out again and glared at her.

"Come on, Brody. It'll be fun."

"Yeah."

"It will. You used to always have fun at these things."

"I guess things change." I went to put the bud back in.

Mom glared back at me. "Those things haven't been surgically implanted, so I will expect you to keep them off and to be civil and social. Turn the music off and help me with our bags."

I grumbled something, but did as I was told. I may have been obstinate from time to time, but since Dad died three years ago, it was just the two of us. I had made a pact to always be good to my mom. I climbed out of the car into the sweltering heat. Ninety degrees and 2000% humidity. Great way to spend the summer. The days were bad, but the nights were worse. The only respite from the heat would be whatever fans we set up to blow on us while we slept, and all it really did was move stagnant, humid air.

I looked around the square at the mobs of people milling about. Kids were running here and there playing, and for the first time my mind flashed back to the last really fun reunion I'd been to. Six years before. I was nine.


"You want me to show you how to skip rocks?" I asked, glancing over at my companion.

Mia smiled at me as she stepped over a tree root, trying carefully not to stumble. "Yeah, I'd like that."

We were heading down a rugged trail through the woods behind our cabins, a trek we took every summer. The trail led to a small lake that they must have used for water activities during the summer camps that were held here.

Mia and I were somehow related. Second cousins? Third cousins? First cousins once removed? I didn't know. What I did know was that Mia, even at two years younger than my nine years, was my best friend at the reunion. According to my mom, when I was four I would walk around holding her hand and always seemed to be watching out for her "like a good big brother". I wasn't her brother, but I knew what mom meant.

We made it down the trail without a major crisis and the woods opened up in front of us, exposing a wide, rocky beach and the sparkling expanse of cool water. We never swam in the lake—we had a pool to use—and the boats were always locked up, so we would just come down and sit on the dock and let our feet dangle in the water. Sometimes we'd explore. Other times we'd play make believe, something silly like knights or cowboys and Indians. It was our place, as people rarely came down. I recall the older teenagers coming down in the evening to hang out, but during the day, it was deserted.

I took Mia's hand and we walked along the edge of the lake looking for just the right stone. I found one and stooped to pick it up, then quickly found another. I handed one to Mia.

"OK. You have to do it just right or it just plops in the water."

She just nodded her head and intently watched as I showed her how to grip the stone. I went over how to stand and how to throw the rock. I demonstrated the throwing motion a couple of times and then let the rock fly. It skipped four times before sinking to the bottom of the lake.

Mia giggled. "Cool! I'll try." She awkwardly positioned everything and let her rock fly. It hit the water once with a "glub!" and sunk. She frowned. "Find me another rock."

I was so intent on helping her that I think I maybe only threw one other rock. She threw rock after rock until she complained about her arm being sore, but she never could get one to skip. She had a pout on her face when we called it quits and went to sit on the dock. I smiled to myself. She was always so persistent, with everything. She was good at everything she tried, and it was because she just had to be able to do it. Skipping rocks was no different. I'm sure I just wasn't much of a teacher.

As we settled onto the dock and stuck our bare feet into the cool water, I spoke up. "When are you guys leaving tomorrow?"

"Mom says right after breakfast. You?"

"The same." I was quiet. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me, too." She grabbed my hand and held it tight. "You're my best friend, Brody."

I just smiled, content to hold her hand and enjoy her presence.

"Brody, I'm going to skip rocks better than you next year. I'm going to practice and practice until I get it right."

"You probably will. That won't surprise me."

"It's going to be a long year. I bet you'll learn a lot over the year. I can't wait to have you show me. Last year you taught me how to whistle. The year before you taught me how to blow bubbles with gum. This year skipping rocks."

"I'll make sure whatever I learn will be good. I promise."

She squeezed my hand tighter and we just sat quietly while the sun began to set. We heard a horn off in the distance, the signal that another massive meal was ready to eat. We stood up and walked hand in hand up the hill and back to civilization.


"Brody, are you going to help or are you just going to stand in a trance?" Mom bumped me as she walked past, then laughed as she disappeared into the cabin. I moved to the trunk of the car and grabbed the oscillating fans and carried them into the cabin.

What a random memory to have. That was the last time I'd seen Mia. She didn't show up the next year, and when I asked mom, she said Mia's family had moved to Arizona and it was just too hard to make it back for the reunion. The annual summer event was never the same after that. I still enjoyed it for a few years, but it just wasn't the same. By the time I was 12, it'd lost its appeal. Some of that might have had to do with Dad dying the winter before, too. Mom said this was the last year she'd force me to come, though. I'd be sixteen next year, and if I proved myself over the year, she'd let me stay home by myself. I planned to be a saint.

"Tracy!" I looked up after putting the fans by our beds. Mom was locked into the embrace of one of her aunts or something. I tuned them out, and pushed past them to complete my chore. As I pulled the last few things from the trunk, Mom stepped out of the cabin.

"Brody, I'm going over to the square with Aunt Gladys. When you get yourself settled, come over. You can see everyone and have something to eat."

"Sure, Mom."

She stopped and turned me to face her. She cupped my face in her hands and for the first time I realized that she didn't have to lift my chin to face her. Mom was about 5'10", and apparently I had finally passed her. "Please try to have a good time, Son. You're here, so you might as well make the most of it. You won't have to come next year, but please don't be a spoil sport this year."

I tried to put on a genuine smile for her. "I'm sorry, Mom. I'll have a good time."

She left me to get my things situated. It was nearly eight before I made my way over to the square, the expanse of green space just outside of the dining hall surrounding a flagpole. I guessed this was where they did the flag ceremonies and such during the youth summer camps. Dozens of people milled about, gathered in clumps around tables. The steady din of conversation was broken by occasional bursts of laughter from one group or another.

"Oh, my! Who is this good looking young man?" I groaned inwardly and turned to look at the owner of the raspy voice. Another of Mom's aunts.

"I'm Brody, Tracy Brown's son." That earned me a huge hug, a pinched cheek, and lots of exclamations of how I'm growing to look so much like my father.

So it went as I picked my way through the people, looking for either my mom, or the food. Then I stopped cold.

Standing in front of me was Granny Esther. She wasn't really my grandmother, but everyone called her Granny Esther. I think she was my mom's great aunt, her dad's youngest aunt. She not only pinched. She kissed. On the lips. Everyone. She gave me a toothless grin, and I temporarily contemplated an escape. At the last moment before fleeing, I pictured Mom and knew she'd be sorely disappointed. So I stood my ground and gave a half-hearted grin back.

I'm not sure what Granny Esther said to me because I tried to tune every sense out. The hug and then the pinch. Then the dry lips against mine. Ugh. Then she was gone after some other poor, unsuspecting victim. I began to tune all my senses in again and there was Mom standing in front of me, a bemused expression on her face. She stood next to a man and woman I didn't recognize, who also seemed to be enjoying my momentary torture.

"Brody, look who's here," she said to me, gesturing to the couple beside her. I must have looked blank, because she continued. "You know who this is. John and Shelly." I must have still looked befuddled, because she rolled her eyes. "They brought their whole family." She gestured to a group of teens standing in a huddled discussion a ways away, oblivious to our exchange.

It took a second before I recognized anyone, then as recognition filled me, my eyes widened. She stood just a hint over five feet, with long wavy brown hair. She was turned partway towards me so I saw her profile. I let my eyes take her in. My heart was pounding and my mouth was dry as I stood as still as a statue. She still had the little, slightly upturned nose, and I could see her full lips and the swell of her nubile breasts. She had on a tight t-shirt and I followed the curve of her back as it met her round ass, which was covered in a pair of tight cotton twill shorts. Her legs were curvy, not knobby like the girl I remembered. She had just the perfect hint of a tan.

I heard Mom laugh, so I tore my eyes away from the vision in front of me and looked at her. She was smiling widely, as were John and Shelly. "Close your mouth before you catch a fly," she teased.

Shelly then turned towards the teens. "Sam, Ana, Mia!" she called to them. "Come over and meet someone. Three of the teens in the group turned and looked our direction. The boy said something to the remaining teens and the three came our way. They moved next to their parents and looked at me.

"Brody, this is Sam," Shelly said, putting her hand on his shoulder. He looked to be about six feet tall and was solid as a rock. I remembered he was a couple of years older than me. He nodded at me, but didn't smile.

"This is Ana." I think Ana was a year older than me. She looked like a younger version of her mother. Tall and skinny, with short brown hair. She was kind of cute when she smiled.

"And I'm sure you remember Mia." I locked eyes with her, and my heart melted. She had the same intense stare, deep pools of chocolate brown that you could get lost in.

"Hi, Brody," Mia said. Her voice was melodious. I was transfixed. Speechless.

"The appropriate thing to say would be 'Hi, Mia.'" That was Mom talking. I think.

"Uh..." I stammered, then blushed.

Mia smiled then put a hand over her mouth. Our parents laughed. Ana rolled her eyes. Sam said something to his mom and then pulled Ana away, back to the group of teens. One of the other teens pulled away from the group and passed them. She came and stood next to Mia. She was maybe an inch taller than Mia and not as curvy. She had dark, straight red hair and icy blue eyes. She cocked her head to the side and smiled. She was also beautiful. Our parents had moved away, leaving the three of us alone.

Mia spoke first. "Shay, this is Brody. Brody, Shay."

"Is he the... ?" Shay started to say and then smiled bigger. Then she raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong with him?"

"He must be mute. A new turn of events, since he had no problems talking when we were younger," Mia was teasing me. I deserved it. Can you say dork?

"I, uh ... sorry, Mia. I was just surprised to see you," I finally croaked out.

"Oh, that's what that was? Surprise?" Mia was still grinning. "Aren't you happy to see me, too?"

I finally grinned. "Oh, you have no idea, no idea."

She stepped towards me, and her eyes sparkled. "Oh, I think I might." She opened her arms and we embraced, a long affectionate hug that left my heart pounding. She placed her face against my shoulder. "I missed you, Brody."

"I missed you, too, Mia. How have you been?"

Shay groaned. "Oh, gag, you two."

Mia giggled and pushed away from me. "I've been pretty good. Busy with school, softball, friends, shopping. You know, all the typical things a new teenager likes. What about you? What are you into these days?"

"I've been good. I pretty much just hang out with my friends, too, listening to music, goofing off. Stuff like that. I'm running track at school."

"Cool!" Shay piped up. "I run track, too. What events do you do?"

"Umm, the 400, 300 hurdles, shot, some relays. You?"

"Mostly long distance stuff. 1600, 3200. I'm going to start doing the long jump. We're going to be freshmen this year. You going to be a sophomore?"

"Yeah." I was a little surprised. I thought Mia was two years younger than me. Yet she was going to be freshman.

"Wow, you're a big guy for a sophomore. Are you six feet yet?"

I shrugged. "Almost. I do a lot of weight lifting for shot put. It's probably my best event. That and the hurdles. I just do the 400 because they needed someone to."

"Are you still living in Georgia?" Mia asked.

"Yeah, just outside of Macon. Where do you live in Arizona?"

"Tempe. It's basically part of Phoenix."

"Do you like it there?"

"I like the people," she said, smiling over at Shay, who mouthed a sarcastic "Aw, shucks" back at her. "It's alright, I guess. Though if I could bring Shay with me, I'd move back to Nashville in a heartbeat."

"You two are good friends, huh?" I said.

Shay stepped up next to Mia and put her arm around her. "Oh, the bestest of best friends! We are joined at the hip. We do everything together."

Suddenly there was a sound of microphone feedback behind the girls, toward the dining hall. We all looked that direction while Uncle Donald, Grandpa's younger brother, stood on a picnic bench.

"Sorry folks! I just wanted to welcome everyone to the Greenwall reunion. For all the regulars, let me just say the last year hasn't been kind to y'all." There were chuckles in the crowd. "For all those who are visiting, welcome. For all those who've been away awhile, we missed you. Don't stay away so long next time."

Mia moved closer to me and put her hand in mine. My heart practically stopped. Great. Heart attack at 15.

Donald continued. "We're opening the pool in a few minutes. We'll have it open for about an hour and a half. For those that don't want to swim, feel free to keep socializing and stuffing your faces. Things will really get underway tomorrow just after breakfast, which will run from 8:00-9:00." He waved at everyone. "Welcome again and have fun!"

Shay practically bounced in front of us. "I wanna go swimming. I'm fucking hot! It's true what they say. It's not the heat, it's the humidity. I feel like I'm breathing through a wet towel." She grabbed Mia's other hand. "Please, Mia, let's go swimming."

"I actually wanted to go down to the lake. I missed it." She squeezed my hand. "You can come with us or you can go with Ana and Sam. Ana lives in the water practically."

Shay sized us up and sighed, "Like I wanna hang out with you two." She turned and looked over the crowd until she saw Ana walking towards a cabin. She started running in that direction. "Ana! Ana! Wait! Take me swimming!"

We watched her until she was lost in the crowd, then we turned towards the other side of the square and started that direction, still hand in hand.

"There is no end to her energy," Mia said, shaking her head. "I'm exhausted just being around her."

"You guys seem to get along really well."

"Oh, we do. We..." Mia caught herself. "We do."

"We could have gone to the lake tomorrow, you know."

Mia looked up at me with a silly grin. "Oh, but I've been practicing skipping rocks. Six years of practice, waiting for this day. I'm challenging you to a duel!"

I laughed. "I think I might be in trouble. I've probably been skipping rocks like twice since that summer."

We chatted casually as we walked across the green space, then across the gravel drive and finally between two cabins.

"Wow!" Mia exclaimed. I looked down at her and then followed her gaze to the wide gravel path that led into the trees.

"Yeah, they decided to gravel the path about three years ago, to make it easier for people to get down there, I guess."

"Things seem to have changed a lot. Do you still come here every year?"

"Haven't missed one, not that I wish I couldn't. Mom said this is the last one, if I want. She'll come without me next year and leave me on my own for the weekend."

"Why don't you want to come? We always have fun at the reunion."

"I guess things just change. People grow up. People move away." I squeezed her hand. "People die, too, and that's kind of depressing. It's hard to see who didn't or couldn't make it each year." I smiled, trying to dispel the potential gloom. "I can already tell this year will be the best one in years."

We were silent for a while as we made our way through the woods. Finally Mia spoke.

"Mom told me about your dad. I'm sorry."

I shrugged. "It's OK."

"Do you still miss him?"

"Sometimes."

We were quiet again. I was lost in my thoughts about Dad. Suddenly, Mia gasped, coming to a standstill. I looked up and smiled, knowing instantly what had her attention. The woods had been cleared out several hundred feet from the edge of the water, and they'd put in several rows of wooden benches up the hillside, with a huge fire pit between the benches and the rocky beach.

"They put this in the same year they graveled the path. I'm guessing they use it for fireside devotionals or something."

"It's beautiful! I bet it is so peaceful to be here looking over the fire and watching the sun set over the lake. Do you still come down to the lake every year?"

I thought back over the last few summers and realized it had been a couple of years. "Actually, I did at first, but it's just not the same sitting on the dock by yourself. I came down the year they built this just to see it. I haven't been down since."

She let go of my hand and stepped up onto the first row of benches, then moved down the hill by moving from row to row. I smiled as I watched her try to keep her balance. The rows were just far enough apart that she had to jump from bench to bench. She was smiling as she did this, and I drank in her aura. She absolutely radiated. Her smile was infectious, her laughter like music, her voice angelic.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.