Taking the Long Shot - Cover

Preview

Taking the Long Shot

by Denham Forrest

Copyright© 2008 by Denham Forrest

Mystery Story: Dan Elks is a drunk, who is going through life carrying a big chip on his shoulder. But then, some folks would probably think he had ample justification for doing so.

Tags: Fiction  

I thank my Editors for their patience, proof reading, editing skills and of course the encouragement they always give me. Techsan being indisposed at this time, LadyCibelle and a close friend of mine SH have done the honours on this one, or suffered the penance, kind-a depends where you're standing. I'm sure that you will all join me in wishing Techsan a speedy recovery.

Although there is some mention of violence, murder and even rape in this four-part story. It is completely devoid of any intimate sex.

Clarification:

DHS in the UK, historically stands for the Department Of Health and Social Services, that was charged - among other things - with handing out cash to the unemployed and the financially destitute. It's now been abolished under the British government's normal system of spending more cash changing things around and creating jobs for the boys by creating even more departments. Whatever, people who are receiving income support in the UK are still generally termed as being on the DHSS, more often shortened to the DHS. The PCA is the Police Complaints Authority, the government department that investigates the publics' complaints concerning British police forces.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.