Finding Bathsheba - Cover

Finding Bathsheba

Copyright© 2008 by Jonas

Chapter 18

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 18 - Jack is happily married to the eldest of three sisters. However, his accidental voyeurism of his youngest sister-in-law leads to a series of events that will change his life--and theirs--forever.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Blackmail   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Incest   Sister   InLaws   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Water Sports   Voyeurism   Slow  

A quiet knock on the door woke Brianna from her fitful slumber. She opened her eyes as her mother opened the door. Light streamed in through her blinds, so she knew it was morning.

"Brianna, there's a man on the phone for you," she said. Brianna just looked at her. "Jack?"

Brianna jumped out of bed and ran across the hall to her parent's room to grab the phone. In the background she could hear her dad in the shower. He was singing some weird freedom rock song, as usual.

"Hold on, young lady."

Her mother's tone of voice stopped her and she turned back to look at her. Her mother had followed her into the room, her arms folded and a look on her face that said she expected answers to unspoken questions.

"It's OK, Mom. Jack is Allison's brother-in-law. Married to Abigail? You went to the wedding, remember?"

"I remember who Jack is, thank you very much. Why is he calling you at 6:30 in the morning?"

Brianna rolled her eyes in a show of tried patience. "I'll find out if you let me answer the phone."

"You race out of the house with hardly a word last night, then show up after midnight with some cryptic story about helping a friend, convince your sister to cover for you, and now your best friend's brother-in-law is calling you. My guess is all these things are connected, and I don't like feeling like I'm purposely being kept in the dark."

Brianna bounced to her mom in two steps and wrapped her arms around her in a fierce hug. "Oh, Mom. I love you! I know you just want me to be safe. But when have I ever done anything to make you not trust me? Everything is fine. I just promised someone that I wouldn't break their confidence. Please don't ask me to do that. I need you to trust me now. OK?"

Brianna pulled back and looked at her mother, whose expression was a mixture of bemusement and apprehension. She sighed and smiled warmly at her daughter. "I guess you're right. Still, I don't like this. If I feel that things are taking a wrong turn, I may have to insist you spill the story. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mom. It won't come to that, but I do understand."

"All right. I'll head down and get breakfast. You jump in the shower and get ready before you come down."

Brianna turned back to the phone and picked it up. She waited until her mother was clearly down the hall before putting it to her ear.

"Jack? Oh my god, where were you guys last night?"

The deep voice on the other end made her quiver with excitement. "I'm sorry, Bri." He called me Bri, she thought. "We had a problem here yesterday and needed to get out of the house for the night. I was only in for a minute this morning to get a few things and I saw your message on our answering machine."

"I saw the broken window, Jack. What's going on?"

"You came by? I'm sorry we didn't leave a note for you or something." He paused for a moment. "Yeah, that was part of the problem. Someone broke in yesterday while we were gone."

"Oh, Jack! I'm so sorry! Is everything OK?"

"Yes. No. Well, sort of. We're just feeling a little freaked out right now."

"I can imagine. Jack, some other things have happened as well."

"Go on."

She could sense the change in his tone. Gone was the apprehension, replaced by stoic resolution.

"I can't really talk here. Can you meet me at Glenn's Produce in about an hour?"

"OK." He was quiet for minute. When he finally spoke, his tone had changed again. Now it was ... affectionate. "Did you talk to Allison yesterday? How is she?"

Will I ever find someone to love me like this? Brianna wondered. Then his question sunk in, and she was left fumbling for an answer. "She's fine now. She said she loves you. Listen, I need to get ready. I'll see you in an hour."

They said goodbye and she held the phone a moment longer. In her mind she pictured him only in his boxers, his muscular body hovering over hers. She felt another quiver of excitement and blushed even though she was alone. Time to take a shower. She hung up the phone and turned to leave her parent's room when their bathroom door swung open and her dad stepped into the room, clad only in his birthday suit. Her eyes went wide. So did his.

"Brianna, I..." He darted back into the bathroom. She blushed and quickly ran from room.


Jack gathered the few things he and Abigail would need for the day. He knew they'd have to come home that night. They couldn't afford to stay in a motel again—the whole poor college student thing. Abigail's income handled day-to-day necessities, and Jack's meager part-time income was just enough to take care of a few luxuries before the rest was squirreled away in savings.

He paused, a small duffel bag in hand, and looked at the results of their unexpected visitor the day before. He'd clean up as best he could before Abigail came home later that evening, but for now he needed to get back to the motel. Just then he heard a quiet gasp behind him. He whipped around and came face to face with Sharon, her eyes wide as she scanned the graffiti on the wall.

"Oh my Lord..." she whispered, clearly shaken by the sight. Jack ground his teeth in an attempt to keep his cool. He felt his pulse race.

"What are you doing here?" he said evenly.

She tore her eyes from the wall and looked at Jack. Her eyes fluttered for a second, and Jack could see tears beginning to form.

"Jack? What happened? Where's Abigail?"

"What do you want, Sharon?" He wanted to be angry with her, wanted to lash out at her for her everything, but he couldn't. He'd always liked Sharon, so like Abigail in many ways. And while she was party to the drama in their lives right now, he determined she was probably just a pawn in Ted's plan.

Sharon took a deep breath and brushed her eyes with her hands. Jack could easily see them tremble. "I ... I needed to talk to you. You and Abigail."

Jack tried to assess her tone, her expression. He shrugged. "Abbie's not here. As you can see," he said sardonically, gesturing to the wall and window, "we had a visitor or two yesterday. We felt a little on edge last night, so decided to stay in a motel."

"Jack, I'm so sorry..."

"Save it, Sharon. Unless you did this, or know who did, then I'm not really interested in your sentiments."

"Maybe so, but regardless of everything, I still love and worry for my children. You can't blame me for my concern over any of this."

Jack knew by her inflection she wasn't just referring to the break-in. Her words referred to everything over the past few days. He decided to get back on track.

"What did you want to talk to us about?"

The nervousness crept back into her demeanor. She clutched her purse tightly in one hand and tried to smooth invisible wrinkles in her slacks with the other. "Can I, uh, sit?" Jack gestured curtly to the couch. "I think, you should sit, too."

First Brianna, now Sharon, Jack thought. Something was up with Allison. He took a deep breath and followed her into the sitting area. She took a seat in the rocker instead of the couch, which placed her between Jack and the door. He stiffened a little at her action, wondering if she consciously meant to bar his exit. He sat slowly on the couch, leaning forward on his elbows. He watched her shift uncomfortably as if trying to determine the best way to approach whatever she wanted to say. He felt a small sense of satisfaction at watching her squirm.

"I ... I should probably wait to talk to you and Abbie together, but I really need to get home quickly. Besides, telling you is probably the same as telling her." She smiled a little at her attempt at humor, but when Jack didn't respond, her smile faltered. "Ted went to work early and Allison will likely wake up soon. I need to be there..." Her voice caught and she looked down at her hands in her lap. Jack felt a mixture of irritation and apprehension well inside him.

"Sharon, what is it? Is this something with Allison?"

Without looking up, she slowly nodded. Jack felt a hint of fear and leaned forward more. "Sharon..."

She looked at him, tears now running down her face. "She was assaulted last night, Jack. She went on a date and the boy tried to force her to ... to..." She just shook her head and looked down.

Jack felt his fear turn into the beginnings of anger. "Shit. Is she alright?"

"She will be. She was pretty shaken up, but she was able to stop him somehow. She has a couple of cuts and bruises."

Jack tried to bite back his anger, but it just shoved his control aside and began to boil. "Who the hell did it? How did it happen?"

Sharon recoiled in the face of his vehemence. "T-Ted wanted her to go out, to date, um, normally. She went with a boy from school to a bible study and was supposed to get ice cream afterwards. He decided to skip the ice cream and took her someplace secluded and tried..." Again, she couldn't say it.

"Tried to rape her?" Jack said, and Sharon grimaced. He stood up, his hands balled into fists. He stood over Sharon, unable to keep the contempt off his face. He knew, directly, this wasn't her fault, but to Jack, she represented the guilty party. "Who did this? Did you call the police?"

Sharon started to speak, but then stopped. She shook her head again.

"What? You don't know who did it, or you didn't call the police?"

She looked up at him and shook her head. "I can't tell you who did it. And no, I didn't call the police, at least not yet."

Jack was shocked. "This punk beats up your daughter, and you don't call the police? You won't even tell me who did it? Why?"

"Allison asked me not to."

"That's crazy, Sharon! Why would she not want you to call the police?"

"Probably the same reason you didn't call the police about the break-in."

Her keen observation—or good guess—made Jack hesitate a moment. "What makes you think we didn't call the police?"

"Did you?"

"No," he confessed. "But this is hardly the same thing. I mean, Allison could really have gotten hurt. Tell me who it is and I'll deal with it, then."

"No."

"Dammit! Why won't you tell me? Are you trying to protect him?"

Sharon stood quickly to face Jack and squared her shoulders. "No, Jack. I'm not protecting him. I hope he gets what he deserves. I'm trying to protect you."

Jack harrumphed. "I'm not afraid of whoever it is."

"That's why I won't tell you. Not yet. I'm afraid you might do something ... rash, and that doesn't help anyone. Most especially not Allison or Abigail."

Her response took some of the steam from his rant, but he was still angry. "I'm going to find out eventually."

"That's true. Maybe even today. But you can't react based on passion. You as well as anyone know what problems that can cause."

He wanted to tell her he wouldn't let his emotions drive his actions, but considering his past history, he figured that was hollow. Jack took a deep breath. She was right, of course. On all counts.

"Why did you come here, then? Just to tell me that Allison got hurt? Why do you care if we know? I mean, it's been made pretty clear that we're not a part of Allison's life anymore. At least, I'm not."

"I had nothing to do with Ted's decision to keep you away from her, though I have to admit that your relationship with her has made me very uncomfortable."

"So you keep us apart so I can't hurt her anymore, is that it? Kind of ironic, don't you think?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it again.

"Sharon, it seems to me the only person who's been showing any maturity in this is Allison. Her desire to keep this quiet may be intended to protect us, but it's foolish. Someone needs to go to the police. Today."

"I hear what you are saying, Jack," she said quietly. "We can encourage her to talk to the authorities—I have and I will again—but ultimately the decision is hers. We can't force her to open herself up for all the potential mudslinging an accusation of attempted rape would bring, even if it is true."

What she said made sense. For the first time he really saw it from Allison's perspective. She looked up at him with sad eyes. "I need to go look after Allison. I'll talk to her about this again, and then I'm going to have a talk with Ted."

Jack sighed, and felt a small surge of affable emotion. "I'm sorry that my actions have caused so many problems. I never meant to hurt anyone, Sharon. Apparently, I've hurt everyone instead. I'm sorry."

Sharon was quiet for a long time, her expression sad. She seemed to be trying to see into his soul, and he began to feel uncomfortable. Finally, she broke the silence. "Are you sorry that you have this ... new relationship with Allison?"

Jack hesitated for just a moment, wondering what answer she hoped to receive. He truthfully shook his head.

"Do you love her?" she asked.

He nodded resolutely.

"And Abigail? Do you love her?"

"Yes," he answered firmly. "I love them both."

She continued to look at him, then nodded slightly, as if she expected his answer. "When everything is finally over, just promise me you'll take care of them." She turned and headed for the front door.

He was floored. What had she just said? He tried to remain impassive, but he knew he failed. Was Sharon giving her approval, or was she just resigned to their relationship being a foregone conclusion?

"Jack?"

She broke him from his reverie. He looked at her and waited for her to continue.

"I'll see to Allison, but in an hour or so, I'm going to meet with Ted and discuss things. I'm sure it will be several hours before I return. I hate to leave Allison alone during that time, considering everything, but it's unavoidable. I hope she'll be OK alone."

With that, she turned and was gone. It took only another moment for Jack to understand what she was saying.


Brianna was browsing through the apples, but she wasn't really paying attention. She kept glancing towards the front of the produce market. Glenn's Produce was a small wooden building, maybe 30 feet by 20 feet. The entire front wall of the building was a metal door that rolled up to open the structure to the outside air. Brianna loved coming here in the mornings. It was only a short walk to her high school, so she often had her rides drop her here instead of at school. She loved to watch the slow pace of those who came in, usually "old-timers" who had been coming for years and seemed not to have a care in the world. They always stopped to talk to Myrna Sheffield, Glenn's wife, about the current goings-on in the community. Glenn had passed away a few years ago when age caught up to him, but his 85-year-old diminutive wife still seemed to have boundless energy. Everyone liked Myrna, and so the atmosphere was light-hearted and friendly.

Today, though, Brianna didn't feel like talking to or even watching any of the other customers. She had a lot on her mind, obviously, and had only chosen this market to meet with Jack because she was sure few, if any, people would really pay all that much attention to the two of them.

She looked the old clock on the wall. Where was he? She moved her eyes back to the front of the market while she absently fingered the apples.

"You're gonna bruise them if you keep at it."

She practically jumped and whipped around to see who spoke. Jack was standing beside her casually looking at the fruit, as well. He had a few grapes and popped one into his mouth.

"Damn, you scared me!" she snapped in an exasperated whisper, then tried to soften her expression when she saw his playful smile falter. "When did you get here?"

"A few minutes ago. You were watching the two old guys playing checkers in the corner. So I thought I'd scope out the place, spy-like. Didn't notice anyone shadowing you, did you?"

She couldn't help but smile at his mirth. "Very funny."

"Do I need to give you some code phrase, so you know I'm who I say I am?"

She feigned a frown. "Are you making fun of me for wanting to be cautious?"

"Me? No way. I'd never make light of something so serious. I mean, your expression when I walked in obviously told me that you were in no mood to be teased." Then he grinned. "That's why I did it."

She chuckled. "I guess I was feeling pretty intense. But when you hear what I have to say, you will be, too."

"How bad did Allison get hurt?"

She was stunned, her mouth agape. How did he know? He reached up and popped something into her mouth. She jerked in surprise and clamped her mouth shut, bursting the juicy, sweet grape with her teeth. His grin widened, and she blushed.

"I had an unexpected visitor after we talked this morning, and I received some sketchy details about last night. I know Allie was assaulted by her date, but that she stopped him from really hurting her. I also know that no one has gone to the police yet. Do you mind to fill in the rest of the details, like how you know about this, who her date was and what actually happened? Things like that."

Brianna took a deep breath, grateful he'd opened the door for her. She quickly related her version of the events of the previous evening, leaving nothing out. She tried to downplay the role that she and Tammy played, but Jack just raised an eyebrow when she glossed over their involvement. She insisted that she had just had a suspicion and then just showed up at the right time.

"Allison had already begun to strike back—you should see what she can do with her fingernails." Brianna saw Jack fidget, which only caused her to blush. He probably already knew what she could do with her fingernails. Her blush deepened. "Anyway, all we did was provide another couple of witnesses to convince him that Brianna held his future in her hands. I don't think we'll hear anything from him for a while."

"Why didn't you just go to the police?"

"Allison didn't want us to. She was worried about you and Abigail."

Jack shook his head. "That's silly logic. Something like this needs to be reported, regardless of what happens to me or Abbie. I would blame myself if things end up worse for Allison because she tried to protect us. That's not the way it's supposed to be."

Brianna saw he missed the point. "It's more than that, Jack. She's afraid of losing you, too. If anything happens to you or Abigail, she would be devastated. She would rather not say a word than run that risk. And she's scared. Who wants to be put on display for public scrutiny over something so personal? Besides, this isn't the first time someone like Tyson has gotten accused of something like this." She stopped talking at Jack's surprised look, but he raised his eyebrows in encouragement to continue. "It's happened to a couple of other guys, but usually after a few weeks the talk just kind of dies down. Maybe a part of Allison wonders why push it if nothing will come of it?"

He was quiet for a minute. "I can understand your first point, but the second seems kind of defeatist. I've never pegged Allison or you as the kind to just give up."

"We're not giving up. It's just something this personal, this emotional, isn't all black and white." Brianna bristled a little at what Jack was implying. "Anyway, it's a moot point since Allison doesn't want to go to the police."

"I know, I know," he quickly backed away from his comment. "Just playing devil's advocate." He shook his head. "That little girl can be pretty persuasive. Convinced you, Tammy and her mother not to talk to the authorities. And now I'm almost siding with you, too. I'm going to go have a talk with her."

Brianna's eyebrows rose. "But she's at home. What about her parents?"

"I think they'll be preoccupied for a while, at least that's what I hear."

"Who told you... ?" Brianna stopped, connecting the dots from his comments. "Oh, her mother was your visitor this morning. What did she say?"

Jack shrugged. "You know, I'm not really sure exactly. I'm still trying to digest it all. She did say that she was leaving Allison alone for a few hours. I got the distinct impression she wanted me or Abigail to drop by. I think we'll do that."

"Allison will love that," Brianna said, silently thrilled for her friend. She glanced at the clock and flinched. "Crap! I'm late for school! I'm sorry, Jack. I..."

"Go. Get out of here." He tossed her an apple. "Here's a Gala, my personal favorite." He smiled warmly at her, and Brianna felt her insides melt. She reached into her jeans pocket for some money, but he waved her off. "I got it covered. Thanks, Brianna, for watching out for Allie. You're a great friend."

Brianna blushed, and raced out of the store.


Sharon hesitated before knocking on Allison's bedroom door. She took a deep breath and rapped lightly. "Allison?"

"Come in, Mom."

Sharon eased the door open and looked into the room. Soft sunlight filtered through the curtains illuminating the figure curled onto her side facing out into the room.

"How are you doing, honey?" Sharon asked softly.

Allison just shrugged.

Sharon fidgeted in the doorway for a second. Why was she suddenly nervous? Every interaction with her daughters the past few days had been accompanied by this nervousness. What made this situation different than others? She had to reprimand and discipline before. They had disagreements and arguments before. There had been other loves lost to her children before. She knew this was different, the consequences of which would have long lasting effect. She reached inside herself, found her shaky resolution and stepped into the room.

"Allison, I think we need to talk," she said as she swiveled the desk chair around to face Allison. She watched Allison watching her as she sat down.

Allison still said nothing, but her intense stare made Sharon even more uncomfortable. The brief moment of tenderness the mother and daughter shared the previous night was gone. Sharon tried several times to start the conversation, but found the words fleeting. She sighed.

"There is so much to talk about, but I don't even know where to start."

Allison didn't rescue her, her silence deafening to Sharon.

"Are you ready to talk about last night, sweetie, or do you still need time?"

"I don't need time," Allison replied flatly. "Tyson hit me and tried to rape me. Brianna and her sister got there in time, stopped him and helped me. That's it. Nothing more to tell."

Brianna, of course, Sharon thought. This was new, but not surprising, information. But how did Brianna know? Does it really matter? Sharon mentally trashed the questions. She nodded to Allison.

"OK. Let's talk about something else, then. Let's talk about you, Abigail and Jack."

Allison answered again with silence.

"You and I never got to really talk about this, since it all happened so fast. I mean I talked to Abigail and your father talked to Jack, but—"

"I love them, Mom."

"—we never really had the chance to talk to you. There are so many issues here—"

"Dammit, Mom," Allison said firmly, sitting up. She winced a little, but the intensity never left her face. "Did you hear me? I love them. I want to be with them."

"Allison, I know you think that is what you want, but you are young, still so inexperienced, and ... and confused. What you are talking about is immoral and unnatural and—"

"Who says? Just because some man who studied religion or theology or something in college says it is, why does that make it so?"

"It's not right, honey. It's not acceptable behavior—"

Allison snorted in contempt. "Acceptable. Whatever. You always taught me to do what I felt was right, regardless of what others thought. You even said it was sign of true character. But now you tell me that I can't act on something that I feel is right for me because it won't be accepted. Please, Mom. That is pretty hypocritical."

"Allison..." Sharon paused, trying to pick her words. Was she being hypocritical? Why was she having such a hard time defending or even remembering her arguments on this issue?

"Listen to me, Mom. I ... LOVE ... them. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I didn't pick for this to happen, at least not initially. Haven't you ever fallen in love even knowing full well that everyone else would think it was wrong?"

Sharon had a flash of a painful memory, long ago suppressed. The suddenness and intensity of it made her flinch visibly. Yes, Allison, she thought to herself. But nothing like this. Sharon tried to cover her reaction to Allison's question, but Allison's expression showed she was unsuccessful. Thankfully, Allison didn't pursue it.

"Dad won't be able to keep us apart forever," Allison said resolutely. "There is no way Abigail is letting Jack leave without her. And when I'm 18, I'll just join them wherever they are."

"It doesn't have to be this way. We don't have to rip the family apart."

"Tell that to Dad. Last time I checked this was his doing."

"We just want what's best for you and Abbie. I still think you are too young to know what that is."

"Bull shit."

"Allison, please..."

Allison took a deep breath, and when she spoke again, it was with less venom. "You know what, Mom? I actually believe you do want what's best for me and Abbie. And Jack. I know you like Jack. I know this is hurting you to see all this. I don't think Dad has our best interests at heart at all." She leaned forward towards Sharon. "Please tell me you don't truly believe his actions are driven by his concern for us."

Sharon started to refute Allison's statement, but one look at her daughter's face, and she knew she would see through the lie. "I ... I think that your father does what he feels is best for our family as a whole. I do sometimes wonder about his tactics, however noble his motivations might be."

"Then call him on it, Mom."

Sharon tensed her shoulders and met her daughter's intense gaze with one of her own. "Allison, how your father and I handle the issues in this family is not really your business. I will tell you, however, that relationships aren't the simple black and white you seem to see in your head."

"Do you love Dad?"

Sharon was taken aback by the question, and then was silently amazed at how quickly and effectively Allison had turned the conversation. She had a fleeting thought that Allison should pursue law, then shook herself. "Now, what does that question have to do with anything we are talking about?"

"A simple yes or no?"

"Allison, you are just changing—"

"Yes or no? It really shouldn't be that hard to answer, unless—"

"Yes, I love him, dammit. Why wouldn't I?" Sharon cursed herself for losing control of the conversation, especially when Allison's eyes went wide at Sharon's outburst.

"I don't know, Mom. Why wouldn't you?"

"Enough of this, Allison." Sharon took a deep breath to allow the emotions to settle. She looked back at Allison, who seemed to also settle a little. Sharon felt the familiar warmth and love rise back to the surface. The love of a mother for her child. Regardless of anything that had or would happen, she loved her daughter fiercely, and wanted only the best for her. What was best for her? Did Sharon really know?

Allison spoke quietly. "I'm sorry, Mom. I just ... I just get so angry when people question my actions and call me immature or foolish. I may act like a stereotypical teenager in a lot of things, but I know what I feel here. I want to be with Abbie and Jack. I blame Dad for not letting me. And I blame you by association, however unfair that may be."

"Allie, baby. I just want what's best for you. Truly. It pains me to see you hurting right now, but it frightens me to think how much you would hurt if things fell apart between you and Abigail and Jack. A one-on-one relationship is challenging enough. But this? And with all the stigmas attached to it. I know you say you don't care, but the stress of the secret or the day-to-day reaction if you make it public knowledge could destroy you, and I don't want to see that happen. Please, can't you understand that?"

Sharon took a deep breath, and to her surprise she realized she had begun crying. Her cheeks were wet. She wiped the tears away. Allison moved slowly to Sharon and knelt in front of the older woman. Sharon saw the flashes of pain as Allison settled in front of her. Taking Sharon's hands in hers, she looked up, her eyes also wet.

"I do understand, Mom. And I love you for that. I always have and I always will. But you need to let me live my life. You need to let go and let me experience it. You've told me how you feel, now let me live. If and when I fall—because I know I will from time to time—I know you'll be there to help me pick up the pieces."

Sharon stifled a sob and smiled tenderly at Allison. "You don't know what you are asking. This is the dilemma that mothers have faced for centuries. If it was that easy..." She sighed, unable to continue. After a long silence, she stood. "I need to run a few errands. Do you think you'll be OK while I'm out for a few hours?"

Allison appeared a little surprised. "But Dad ... didn't he say... ?"

Sharon knew what Allison was going to say, but dismissed it with a wave of her hand. "Will you be OK?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.