Chronos Chronicles - Cover

Chronos Chronicles

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 26

For the first trip, I end up with 7 Kindred women, including Gwen and Godiva. Ajax the lesser, who has a nasty head wound and Thanos, who has been shot in the shoulder. Neither of them are big talkers. So the ride is mostly quiet, with the women sleeping in the back.

Annie stays behind to comfort the abused women of the Brutes. It is decided, that the more Protectors that remain behind, the better. The 5 remaining women all say they would be happy to have a gun too. So we leave a more heavily armed party then what the protectors came with. It was two hour in the dark without lights, driving carefully. Somewhat nerve racking.

Approximately 3 and a half hours later I returned to the camp site. One thing to say for an electric car, it runs very quietly. They don't hear me till I am right on top of them. Then I flick the brights at them. There is some whining but all of the protectors are on alert.

"Greetings." I say as I roll down the window. "Someone order a taxi?" I had to ask.

"Nosis." Annie calls out. "How did it go?" she runs up to the Hummer.

"All good." I smile out at her. "Who is in our next load?" I ask out into the darkness. People start drifting into the head lights.

"Do you need to take a break?" Holiday asks a little over eager, I think he wants a chance to drive again.

"Maybe to stretch my legs." I give him a half grin. I roll my shoulders as I open the door and jump down. This thing is high off the ground.

"Everyone was well, back at the Compound?" Saber asks.

"Yep." Then I elaborate for the masses. "It looked like everyone who could hold a weapon was manning the wall. But then Thanos got out and jumped around some, then Gwen got out and said that everyone was alright and we were going back for them, but what really got everyones attention was Godiva." Annie is riveted by my telling.

She sighs and says "Was it a big reunion?"

"It was beautiful. Melville came over and they shared a big kiss. Everyone roared their approval." I let her know that her sisters in arms. "And the Amazons are looking forward to your story. So you better make it good." I slap her on the arm.

"Oooow. I get to tell a story. This will be so clashed." she is practically vibrating with excitement as she bounces off into the dark.

"This a good thing, I take it?" I ask Camulus as he is helped into the Hummer by Saul. He has gotten a deep gash on his thigh. "Yep." he answers. Saul just flashes me a shy smile. Which I happily return.

Next are the three women from the Brutes camp. They are not smiling. They all crowd into the back seat and huddle close to one another. I can see Annie has not had any luck with them. Next are the 5 women and the baby, at least the baby is asleep.

"Ah, come in ladies." Camulus jokes with them. "I am wounded and sure could use some comforting."

They all laugh at his jest. He just wants to have some one to prop his leg up on. Saul hops in on the passenger side.

"Is that everyone?" I ask Saber, as he comes over to my side of the vehicle.

"Yes, for now, just make sure you come back and get us." He thumps the hood and give me a pointed look.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.