Chronos Chronicles - Cover

Chronos Chronicles

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 19

"What are you doing here?" the blond asks scrunching his brows together inquisitively.

"Where are the ladies?" the Asian one asks his question right on top of the first.

"Are you alright?" Was the dark one's question, his concern for me is sweet.

I can feel my grin get wider at their questions.

"Yes, I am fine" I answer them in turn "The ladies are in the old guard shack back at the entrance. They are ready to go home. I am off to get Gwen, And I am glad to see you too." I add as an after thought.

There is some more confusion and odd comical facial expressions from the men at my answers.

As funny as it is, I don't have time for this.

"Go, save them." I instruct them and make little shooing gestures with my hands.

"You should come with us." the Blond one says.

"No," I bluntly disagree with him. "I have a job to do."

"Look, Camulus, why don't you go with her, Gun and I will find the rest of the ladies." the Asian one suggests.

"Fine with me Seth," Camulus nods his agreement to Seth.

"Good, I will need someone to hold the bastards down while I rip them a new asshole." I snarl as I shake my fist at the dead boy. Camulus looks confused by my angry motions, because the next thing I do is bend down, kissing my finger tips and lay them on the boys eyes.

"That is not what... ," Camulus starts to say, but I don't stick around to hear what the rest of his sentence is, I am moving again. I need to continue on my way, Gwen might not survive her encounter with her trio of lovers. I swoop down and pick up the ugly kitchen knife along the way, the dead teen wont be needing it any more. Who knows I might need it, and now I have two weapons to use.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Camulus asks in a hushed voice.

"Yes." I whisper back. "I scouted out the area last night. We are heading for the basement of the third building." Pointing over to the cinder block building that was at least a hundred yards away from us.

I decide right there, that he might need more information. "Gwen was taken while I was busy being fed to the wolves. There were three of them. And I do not think these guys are big on leaving witnesses."

"Understood." his reply is curt, but I think he now understands the gravity of the situation.

"We need to hurry, but the Brutes are all over the place." I add.

"Then, I should go first." He tries to slide by me.

"Negative," I touch his arm to restrain him. "I did the scouting. Remember?"

He grunts, but let me pass first.

"You can always shoot anyone who gets in my way." I grin back at him over my shoulder.

"Thanks." He gives me a pretty smile, that reminds me of someone.

Now that there are two of us, and one of us is heavily armed. I spend a little less time hiding and just focus on moving fast.

As we do a fast jog around the building, I try to sense others in the area. There is too much tension in the air, all I get is Camulus anyway. He is very focused.

As we get close I relay the rest of my information. "We need to go in through the side entrance. There is a set of stairs. If we head down them, we will come to the isolation cells." Camulus grunts at me again.

We flatten up against the building, making our way to the side door I spoke of. The door was still intact, amusingly enough. I would have thought these guys would have ripped out every door in the place.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.