Narisa 2: A New Beginning - Cover

Narisa 2: A New Beginning

Copyright© 2008 by C. Stanton Leman

Prologue

On Wednesday, August 29th, 2000, there were tearful and sad goodbyes as the Williams family waited to board the aircraft that would take them from Tehran back home to the U.S. and begin a new life. Narisa's heartfelt and sad farewell to her family, a family she'd never see again was especially painful to witness.

It was especially painful for all in the Williams family to watch as Narisa sobbed in her mother's arms crying, "Oh, Momma, I love you so much and my heart is breaking! What am I going to do? How will I ever make it without you! You are my dearest and closest friend. Who can I turn to for guidance?"

"Hush now, my child. I will always be right there with you in your heart and you in mine. We're Iranian women, remember? It's up to us to take care of our families. You have a husband that loves you - would lay down his life for you. Take strength in that. He will be your partner in life Trust him with your heart, your feelings and even your fears.

"You have a mother-in-law that calls you daughter. Accept her love and claim her as your own. Trust her like you trust me. Go to her and have the same talks like we've had. She will advise you as I would - I'm sure of it. So you see? You're not alone and you can make your new life one of joy, of love and hope for the future. I have taught you to be a good wife. Now is the time for you to leave and start your own family. I truly thank Allah for giving me you as my child and I know He will be your strength.

"Go, Daughter, and make me proud. Never forget your heritage or your faith. It's up to you to lead your husband, for you are the stronger one. Establish yourself as the dominant force in your home and put your family and your husband first. If you do that, he will trust and follow your direction. Always make sure your decisions are selfless with regard to your family and do what your heart knows is right. Don't be misled by their society. Keep the traditions - honor, chastity and family and most of all, what's right in the sight of God. Protect those traditions with your life"

"I will, Momma. Just wait and see. I will grow up just like you for you are my role model and idol. I love you, Momma and it feels like my heart is broken into pieces. Goodbye, Momma. I'll miss you."

"Goodbye, Narisa. I will pray for you every day knowing that you will make Allah and me proud. Know this my child: I will miss and think of you until my last breath. Now go, go make your farewells to your father and brother."

Mother and child tightly embraced and kissed each other for the last time. Narisa made her way into her father's arms and continued to sob.

"There, there, Princess, don't cry. You're a woman now and must leave my house and begin a new life with your husband. Josh is a good man and you have a good family to support you. When I imagine all the beauty and wonder of this world, I only see your mother, Rafi and you. I'll miss you, pray for you and remember your beautiful eyes. I make this vow to you, Daughter: I will live long enough to look into the eyes of your children and I know I'll see your eyes again."

"Oh Daddy! You have been my hero and I measure all men in the world against you. I will miss our games together and your reassuring hugs. I'm so sorry for disappointing you and getting into trouble. I know that I've embarrassed you and brought you shame. Can you ever forgive me?"

"Hush now, child. You did no such thing! You could not and have never brought me shame. You did nothing wrong. You're a young girl and acted like one. You have a husband that saved your life and for that, I praise Allah. Look to him for he will now be your protector. Sometimes, Princess, we know not why things happen. All we can do is trust in God for He knows our hearts.

"I believe that Allah brought these events upon us to bring you and Josh together. He's a good man and has been an honorable husband to you. Be his strength and driving force in life and your family will prosper. If I know you - and your mother - he will become as trained as I (sniffled giggles). You're a strong girl and my faith in you is unwavering. Your mother has taught you well and now it's time for you to take those lessons and make your own way in the world. There will be times when you are lonely, tired, frustrated and unsure of yourself, but if you draw strength on your heritage and faith, Allah will see you through it all. Trust in your husband and your new family, your heritage and the lessons we've tried to impart to you and look to Allah for strength and direction and you will prevail. Now kiss your Papa goodbye because it's not good for people to see a police chief cry (more sniffled giggles)."

"Rafi, my sweet brother, I love you and will miss you terribly."

Rafi broke down sobbing as he spoke to his sister, "Oh Narisa, I'm so sorry! All of this is my fault. If I had gotten there sooner none of this would have happened. I feel so ashamed!"

"Sweet brother, don't feel bad. All of this is Allah's doing and is His purpose for my life. Don't feel sad because we all have our lives to live according to His will. Let's be happy for the years we've shared and be grateful for God's gifts. One of the most precious of those is my beloved brother. Find a good girl like Momma and have lots of happy babies. One day our children will be together and play, just like you and I have and they will know the love of God. Kiss me, Rafi, and be happy for me. I've never once blamed you for what's happened and I never will. Be at peace with God and yourself. I love you and will miss you terribly. Now kiss me goodbye."

Brother and sister kissed each other cheeks and Narisa took her brother's face in her hands and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

While Narisa was saying goodbye to her family, Josh was doing the same with his friends. He bade farewell to his in-laws behind Narisa. Even farewells have to end, but with every farewell there's a new adventure on the horizon.

They boarded their flight at 5:55 and took off at 6:15. As the plane banked and lifted up into the clear, blue summer skies over Tehran, Narisa looked back sobbing for a family and a homeland she'd never see again.

It took Josh a good hour during the flight to get Narisa calmed down. As soon as she seemed okay, she'd start the waterworks all over again. She told him through her new mom that the thought of never seeing her family again, especially her mother, seemed unbearable now that it was a reality and she'd actually left Tehran.

Josh just pulled up the armrest between them and held her. There wasn't much else he could do. He thought to himself, If I was leaving my parents forever, I have no idea how I'd handle it - probably no better than Narisa is.

After she'd cried herself out, she slept the last two of the five-hour flight. Josh woke her up when the seatbelt sign came on and were instructed to prepare for landing. She awoke red-eyed from crying and her face was a little puffy. When they landed in London, they learned that the State Department didn't waste any time: they were waiting for them. Stanley Wiseman, the Assistant Secretary of State that arranged for Narisa's asylum along with several security personnel, met them as they disembarked from the aircraft. They were escorted to a private conference room where he began to prepare them for their arrival at Dulles. Everyone was surprised to learn that they wouldn't be continuing their regular flight, but instead would be flown to Washington on a government jet.

He explained that the press was waiting for them in force, expecting them to arrive on a commercial flight. He told the family that he would be making a government-approved statement and that he would answer most of the press' questions. Then Steven, Josh's dad and Marie, his mother, if she wished to, would speak and give their statements and take questions if they so desired. Mr. Wiseman advised that it would be best if Narisa and Josh didn't appear or speak to journalists because they were minors. U.S. law prevents the press from publishing any details regarding the teens such as names, personal details or information other than their ages and some of the details of the incident in Tehran.

The details of their arrest, trials and release were murky areas in that Marie and Steven had to be careful of what they said because by asking carefully crafted probing questions, the press hoped that some of this information would be accidentally revealed. Any statement or information given by the guardians of minor children could be printed. The press was hungry for the juicy details: two young teens pulled from the brink of death only by marrying one another. It was a story that had them all salivating. All of them were starting to get apprehensive as they thought about the prospective events following their landing.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.