The Romantic Vigilante - Cover

The Romantic Vigilante

Copyright© 2008 by Scotland-the-Brave

Chapter 7: Back to business

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 7: Back to business - Scarred emotionally he nonetheless has a goal in life. Then he's thrown by a number of surprising reactions and finds himself wading deeper and deeper into the mire. Can she save him from himself? Will his 'good' side win out in the end? Where are the limits of society? When is it okay for good people to fight fire with fire in the battle against evil?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   ft/ft   Teenagers   Romantic   NonConsensual   Incest   Brother   Sister   First   Oral Sex  

It was almost as if there was unspoken agreement within the family that Gavin's confession was to be put to one side so they could all enjoy the week together. Each of them knew that if things went badly this could be the last time they spent with each other and they seemed determined to make the most of it.

Gavin and Glen made the hike to a nearby loch that allowed fishing and they each managed to hook fair-sized brown trout. Fiona hardly let Gavin out of her sight and the fishing trip had been a bone of contention, as she had wanted to tag along. The peaceful time lying on the banks of the loch gave Gavin and Glen both some time to think.

Christine showed herself to be a dab hand when it came to cleaning and cooking the fish and they all enjoyed the trout for dinner.

Family fun consisted of games of indoor bowling and even ice skating on the Drimsynie Estate and Glen managed to convince Gavin to play some golf with him. Day trips in Glen's car helped fill the time too and they made the journey to the picturesque town of Oban with its little harbour.

Fiona's favourite time of day was first thing in the morning, as she spent a blissful hour watching Gavin swim in Loch Goil. His strong stroke had him slicing through the cold sea-loch's water like he was born to it and she was spellbound by his toned body. After that first night she had refrained from joining Gavin in his bed and she even toned down the amount of teasing she indulged in.

By the end of the week, although the atmosphere had been strained at times, even surreal, they had all tried to enjoy the time together. But inevitably things had changed between them after Gavin's confession and they could never be the same again. The genie was out of the bottle and each of Gavin's family had been affected in different ways.

Christine was blinded by the love for her son. Her passionate outburst on the night the story was told betrayed her own real fears about society. She really did feel scared at times and genuinely felt safer now knowing what Gavin was capable of.

Glen was the most uncomfortable. Being a man there was a subconscious rivalry between him and all other males, even if he didn't know it himself. The knowledge that Gavin had actually killed six people, was capable of that, subtly changed how Glen treated his son. He thought twice now about telling Gavin what to do or disagreeing with him. That certainly made him uncomfortable. Knowing that Gavin had a gun with him was also extremely unsettling.

Fiona was surprised when she searched her own feelings to find that the fact Gavin was capable of such violence excited her. She found herself drawn to her brother even more, but was determined to do all she could to keep him safe.

On their last night Gavin decided to share with them what he had been thinking about for several days now. He waited until everyone was in the family room, relaxing and preparing to watch a DVD they had brought with them. He coughed nervously to get their attention.

"Guys, I've come to a decision. I realise that I've been very selfish and unthinking. My actions are putting all of you in danger and I think it would be best if I mark going off to University by moving out of the house," he said

Gavin couldn't have stirred things up more if he had lobbed a grenade into the room. Glen looked at him curiously, but Christine and Fiona immediately started in on him, vying with each other to see who could speak first.

"Don't be so ridiculous!" snapped Christine.

"You can't just move out, what about me?" whined Fiona.

"Where did this nonsense come from? Tell him, Glen, tell him he's not to move out," added Christine.

"What's made you come up with this stupid idea?" asked Fiona.

Gavin sat back in the face of the onslaught from his mother and sister. Their intensity was breathtaking and if he had had any doubts as to how much they loved him, they were pretty much dispelled then and there. He looked to Glen for some support, but his father merely shook his head. Glen was wiser and was intent on keeping out of the women's firing line when they were building up such a head of steam. Given his own concerns, he also secretly felt that Gavin moving out might not be such a bad thing.

"Mom, if I had gone to Southern Utah I would be away from home anyway, what's the difference?" Gavin asked, thinking his clear logic would calm things down.

"That's not the point and you know it, Gavin. You can't share what you have with us and then expect us to be happy at the idea of you moving out. Now more than ever I want you where I can see you!" replied Christine, ignoring his logic completely.

"Mom, I couldn't bear it if something happened to any of you and it was because of me. This way if the gangs find out who I am, I only have to worry about my own safety. Remember, I've already lost one mother. Losing another would be too much to take," Gavin persisted.

Reminding Christine of what had happened to his mother seemed to have an effect and she quietened down somewhat.

"Mom! You're not going to let him do this are you?" asked Fiona, worried that her mother appeared to be weakening.

"Sis, it's not like I would be that far away if you wanted to come and visit," Gavin said.

Gavin had meant this last comment innocently, but Fiona immediately saw possibilities and she too began to quieten down.

Glen was impressed by the way his son had handled the two womenfolk and now thought it was safe to say something.

"Son, are you suggesting this just so you can continue doing what you have been?" he asked.

"Dad, I had already decided to be far more careful about what I'm doing. I don't think I can stop though, I believe in this so strongly. I can only promise that I'll take my time planning and covering my trail as best I can," Gavin replied.

"I can't say that I'm happy about any of this. I agree with your mother. Knowing what we know now, I'd rather you stayed at home, son so we can keep an eye on you. I'd also prefer it if this vigilante stuff was to stop," Glen said.

Anyone listening closely would have detected the lack of conviction when Glen said he thought it best Gavin stay at home. However, Gavin didn't pick up on his father's tone of voice.

"I'm due to sit my driving test in a month's time. I'm due to go to Strathclyde University in September. I'm growing up dad. Lot's of people leave home to go and study at my age and I don't see why I should be any different," Gavin argued.

"Not everybody is running around shooting people!" Glen replied sharply.

Gavin simply shrugged. He felt he would get his way in the end and didn't push it any further for the moment.


The drive home was largely made in silence, admittedly a different silence from that which they had endured on the way to Drimsynie. It was Gavin who managed to break the mood.

"Look if you don't all cheer up a bit I might have to kill you!" he joked.

Although it was at best a weak attempt at a joke and at worst a painful reminder of everything that had changed between them in the past week, the black humour somehow suited the mood of the women and his mom and sister were suddenly laughing hysterically. Glen glanced at his son in the rear view mirror. Comments like that added to his discomfort and it was noticeable that he didn't join in the laughter.

"Son, you've got to realise that this is no joke! If you don't, things are going to come crashing down around you sooner rather than later," he thought to himself grimly.

"Listen guys, I still have nearly three months before I start University. It's not as if I'm going away tomorrow. I promise I'll try and behave until then, honest," he said.

Gavin's reassurance helped to relax the mood with the girls even more. Glen still had significant misgivings but kept quiet for now.


DI MacIntosh knew he was waiting for a break. He had tried everything in the book to get a lead on the vigilante - that's how he thought of the killer now, the vigilante - but with no luck. Door to door enquiries around Gilchrist's house had turned up nothing. Footage from traffic cameras and all of the CCTVs located in nearby businesses was examined. He had even ordered traffic stopped in the hope that someone who travelled the same route everyday might have noticed something out of place. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

His gut instinct told him that his man would strike again, he seemed to have developed a taste for it and he wouldn't be able to deny himself for long. Drew had to hope that the vigilante would make a mistake, that was usually how they were caught. He only had to get lucky once; the killer had to get lucky every time. The fact that it had been over three weeks since the last incident suggested to Drew that it wouldn't be much longer before something happened.


The Glasgow gangs were having just as much luck in identifying the vigilante. Fraser was fast coming to the conclusion that the man had no connections to the criminal underworld at all. With the weight of all of the big Glasgow clans behind the effort to find him, if he was known to anyone his name would have been given up by now.

The idea that someone without any previous criminal background could be killing people intrigued him. It was possible it was a member of the armed forces or someone who was ex-military he supposed. With Iraq and Afghanistan there were certainly plenty of battle-hardened men out there. That would certainly account for how calm and professional the hits had been.

Fraser regularly called the other gangs to make sure the heat was kept up in the hunt.

"It would help if he put in another appearance!" Fraser thought to himself.

"But preferably not around me this time."


The next four weeks were relatively calm in the Anderson household and Gavin managed to keep to his word, sticking to planning and watching targets rather than acting.

He had gradually noticed that Glen's relationship with him had begun to change and that convinced him that his decision to move out was the right one. Fiona had also re-doubled her efforts to interest him and, being honest with himself, Gavin knew his resistance was coming to an end. One more reason for him to put some distance between himself and his sister.

At the end of July he sat his written driving test and aced it. All that remained between him and a full license was the practical test.

On the day of the test he used some of the meditation techniques from his martial arts training to help calm and centre himself. His driving instructor picked him up at 10am for one last lesson on their way to the test centre and Gavin drove the small Honda Civic around for forty minutes. They practised all of the main manoeuvres that he would be required to perform during the test itself and Gavin felt confident.

They arrived at the test centre with plenty of time to spare before Gavin's appointed time of 11:10am. His instructor wished him luck, as they both entered the centre and the examiner took over.

"Okay Mr MacSween, please point out your vehicle?" the examiner asked.

"Ah, it's the silver Honda Civic over there," Gavin pointed.

"Could you read the number plate of the car parked on the other side of the road please?" the examiner asked next.

Gavin did so; his eyesight was first class.

"Okay, could you lead the way to your vehicle now please?

Gavin thought the examiner was being overly formal, but he shrugged that off and proceeded to follow his instructions as they drove round the streets that surrounded the test centre. He managed his hill-start; his three-point turn and reversed expertly round a corner. After only twenty minutes the examiner directed him back to the centre and asked him to park up and turn off the engine.

Looking at the man's face, Gavin still had no idea whether he had passed or failed.

"Man, you are such a tight ass! Just tell me for goodness sake," he thought to himself.

"Well, Mr MacSween, I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed. Congratulations," the examiner said.

Everybody knows that passing the driving test is a big thing for any teenager. The increased mobility and freedom driving brings is something that is almost like a right of passage. Gavin was no different. He was excited, delighted and absolutely hyper when his instructor re-joined him and he confirmed that he had passed.

It was the excitement perhaps that tipped him over the edge. He had been fighting the urge to go back out on the streets and become the vigilante once more. Now he felt the need to celebrate and he couldn't stop himself any longer - the perfect way to reward himself was to let the vigilante loose.

After a nice dinner with his family and congratulations all round, he told them he was turning in for the night.

"I think all of the excitement has drained me," he said, "I'm feeling really tired and am just going to hit the sack."

He had already packed his little rucksack in preparation for what he intended to do and he checked through the contents one last time to make sure he had everything he would need.

After all this time he had finally counted the banknotes in the two bundles he had taken from the Portcullis and was stunned to find he had nearly two thousand pounds. He had used some of the money to purchase some useful items over the past weeks and his plans for the night would see him try some of them out.

Once he was satisfied everything was ready; Gavin lay down on the bed and took a nap, waiting for the rest of the family to retire for the night.


There are skills involved in dealing drugs, at least if the dealer wants to avoid spending a long time behind bars. The first rule for the successful dealer was to put distance between himself and the point of sale, that's why there were low-grade pushers out on the streets. Even here there was a need to protect one's assets and there were ways of pushing the drugs to minimise losses - both in the numbers of pushers arrested and in the amount of drugs lost.

The pusher only ever carried a small amount of drugs at one time. As sales were made, the pusher needed to continually restock. In that way if they were picked-up by the police they didn't have enough product on them to be charged with dealing. Their easy escape was to simply claim the small quantity of drugs was for their own personal use.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.