Overwhelming Reality - Cover

Overwhelming Reality

by wetapap

Copyright© 2008 by wetapap

Fiction Story: if nothing else, love can be overwhelming

Tags: Ma/Fa   Heterosexual  

There is no explicit sex in this 'snapshot' in time. I wish to thank the people who helped contribute to and edit this story, per their wishes, they remain anonymous. This story is totally fictitious; any resemblance the characters might have to persons living or deceased is purely coincidental. No part of this story may be published at any other site without the express permission of the author. © January 18, 2008


He was doing his best to see past the crowd, trying to determine where it had come from. 'There it is again ... that's got to be Renee's. After nine amazing years with her, I'd recognize her laughter anywhere.'

As his ears made an exerted effort to sort hers from the other sounds filtering across the room, he realized, 'It's been sooo long since I've heard her wonderful voice.'

Memories surfaced that hadn't been conjured up since that day and he pondered, 'What has it been, a couple of years? Yeah ... that long.'

Suddenly, for the first time in ages, his heart came alive as his pulse danced in excitement at the thought of glimpsing someone he knew wouldn't be there. Filled with anticipation, he leaned from side to side as his vision searched, jumping from face to face, working its way through the mass of mingling bodies.

'Damn, where is she, ' he wondered as his ears picked it up once more. 'There's no way I could ever forget that sexy tone, ' he thought as his heart beat faster, 'it's like the rest of her ... so feminine ... so ... all woman.'

'That's how I met her in the first place, ' he recalled. 'I was at a friend's party, and the sweet sound of Renee's laughter drew me like a bee to honey.'

All at once he caught a flash of her from the rear and thought, 'It's her hair, the same perfect color, length, and as always, that beautiful shine.' While Charlie was straining to get a better look, a big gentleman stepped in front of him and he lost sight of her.

Slightly annoyed, Charlie mentally cursed, 'Come on asshole, keep it moving... NO Damn it, don't stop.' With teeth clinched, Charlie seethed in utter frustration as he stood staring at the broadest back he'd ever seen.

Leaning once more, Charlie rose up on tiptoe trying to peek over the large man's shoulders. Just as he was about to step around the 'mountain' now firmly planted between him and his desire, someone grabbed his arm.

A familiar voice said, "Charlie, long time, no see. How have you been, man?" Turning, he came face to face with Matt, an old friend and business associate, who he hadn't seen in quite a while.

'Nooo ... not now, ' Charlie's brain reeled in despair as he wondered, 'why does it always happen at the worst times? Shit, ' he suddenly thought in exasperation as he heard her laughter again, 'I've got to get away from him.'

Instead, he courteously responded, "Matt, where have you been? We've missed you around the old campfires."

No sooner had Charlie uttered the words, than he realized they were a big mistake as Matt immediately began an endless prattle about his latest life and business dealings. Unable to escape the clueless friend in front, or see around the giant behind, Charlie felt trapped, caught between the proverbial 'rock and hard place.'

Every passing second became more excruciating for Charlie as he pretended to pay attention, but his ears were straining to hear her sound. 'I have to find her before she gets away, ' he anguished while inwardly pacing the floor. 'I've got to find a way to shake Matt.'

"Are you okay?" His friend suddenly asked. "You look a little unsettled," Matt said, sounding slightly worried, and he was. Knowing Charlie had been through some rough times, he was very concerned.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.