Hope - Cover

Hope

©Poet of the Shadows AKA Shadowpoet

Chapter 13

"We each make decisions in our life that cause us to become who we are. Some of those decisions have immediate consequences, and others don't surface until they slaps you in the face.

I've been here a month and nothing has really changed. Psychiatric hospitals can grow on you like a fungus. The medication I was on only made my depression worse. The only thing keeping me from finding a plastic knife and slicing my wrists were thoughts of Hope. After another week I was feed up with the lack of progress and asked my mom to please sign me out. She came for me immediately. Once we were home, I fell into my own bed and slept for a long while. I had abruptly stopped taking the medication they were giving me, but it took a few days for the effect to wear off. After I was finally drug free and awake, I went for a walk to Hope's house. I was hoping to surprise her but her mom told me she had gone to my house and probably used the shortcut through the woods. That instant I heard Hope's voice scream out in my head {SOMEBODY HELP ME}! I ran toward the path in the woods trying to reach out and call the wolves. As I was running into the forest, my mind became super focused. Out of nowhere, the two wolves were running by my side keeping my pace.

The wolves and I were moving through the forest in a blur when we came upon Hope and two older teens there in the woods. The two older teens were both wearing ski masks; one was holding her down and the other was busily ripping the rest of her clothing away. Without even a thought, I looked too the wolves and in an instant, seemingly on my command, they lunged; the female wolf attacked the one holding her down as the male attacked the other. The wolves had the teens trapped. A low growl was emanating from the animals' throats and their fangs glistened as wolf saliva dripped onto their pray. I knew if either of them attempted to move it would be the last thing they ever did.

I went to Hope and helped her up. I took my shirt off and put it on her. I noticing her pants were ripped at some embarrassing spots so I removed my own and had her put them on. Luckily, I had boxer on. I called the wolves to my side figuring the teens would never try anything that stupid again. I picked Hope up and carried her away from the scene. She laid her head on my shoulder and cried. I soon had sit on a log with her on my lap to letting her cry it out. After she calmed down, she called the wolves over and said "Thank you fang; Thank you shadow". Noticing my surprise, she explained how the wolves had kept her company here in the woods sometimes while I was away so she named them.

She thought she would be able to walk now, so I walked her home. I explained to Hope's mother how I found her. I left out the part about hearing Hope in my mind and the wolves. Hope's mother decided immediately to take her to the hospital. I was left to walk home in my boxers."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.