Darth Demus: Star Wars - Cover

Darth Demus: Star Wars

Copyright© 2007 by Cylis Derrens

Part 4

As the blast door slid open with an audible hiss Obi Wan saw Demus at the far side of the hangar bay. Ships and planetary transports were spread out on either side of the hangar.

Igniting his lightsaber Obi Wan entered removing his Jedi robe and tossing it aside. Looking at the Dark Lord he couldn't help but see James' face but it was different somehow.

While James' features had possessed a certain gentleness and peace Demus' features reflected none of these things. Even as Demus ignited his own lightsaber the movement was quick and efficient compared to the hesitation of James.

While James Darkblade had been a great warrior he had often tried to diffuse the situation before it came to fighting. More often than not he was reluctant to attack even if he had to.

Wiser enemies never forced him because they knew he could finish them easily once he made his decision. Looking at James' son the two men seemed worlds apart.

Obi Wan could not help but wonder what James would have been like if he too had stayed a Sith. Feeling the power of the Dark Lord of the Sith he had difficulty not trembling.

Never before had he felt such a presence. The Dark Side surrounded this man and fed him freely. The two were as one.

Demus smiled saying, "At last we meet, my father's old friend. I have seen you two in many visions: laughing and talking. If I held anything against him I would it was a pity that he cannot feel your death, now that he is so far away.

Of all the Jedi I have ever come across, he alone is worthy of my full respect. Like me I am certain he too understands the true nature of the Force, and how to use it. Sadly we are on different sides he and I, but perhaps that will change."

Shaking his head Obi Wan said, "No it never will. James is a good man. He fights the darkness within him, and never gives in.

He is better man than you: kind and generous. You too are nothing alike outside your physical similarities."

Chuckling Demus doused his lightsaber, showing his confidence as he removed his cloak tossing the piece of clothing aside.

"You are wrong Jedi. We are more alike than you think. You forget he taught me and raised me. I was not only his apprentice but also his son.

He helped mold me into what I am. I am his killing instrument. Perhaps one day I will surpass him but either way it won't help you."

Demus' attack was sudden and unexpected as he cloaked his intentions in the Force. Obi Wan barely managed to block the first stroke but was soon driven back.

Backpedaling he was forced to give a lot of ground, as he twisted and dodged trying to avoid Demus' blade. Seemingly simple movements by the Dark Lord proved far more deadly than Obi Wan had given him credit for.

Each time he avoided a strike it was a near miss. Burn marks on his beard and clothing attested to how close some of them had come.

The smell of his own burnt hair and sweat filled Obi Wan's nostrils. As the fight went on he was becoming more and more tired while Demus didn't seem wounded.

Demus' style was too adaptable striking at angles Obi Wan couldn't hope to match. Obi didn't even have the opportunity to counter attack. All of his effort was used up on just surviving.

Obi Wan was surprised when it was Demus who broke contact spinning clear. His breathing ragged Obi Wan's lungs tried desperately to suck in air.

"I must admit again you impress me. But this has gone on far enough. Time to die." Demus said.

Attacking once again he attacked seeming to come straight in. Obi Wan with his waning strength mustered all his strength into one strike hoping to impale him on the blade. While he would probably die too he felt his only hope was to take Demus with him.

Using perfect time Demus dodged neatly inside with unbelievable speed thrusting his blade outward towards Obi Wan's arm.

Obi Wan thought that he had missed until he suddenly lost his arm and felt the blade enter his chest. As he stood there dying his mind replayed the entire attack.

Too late he saw that it had all been a setup. By extending his arm Obi Wan had provided the first target exposing it. When Demus came inside he had acted like he would stab the arm so Obi Wan had let down his guard on that end, preparing to force push him away.

Once Demus' blade had cleared Kenobi's arm, he twisted at the wrist inward slicing through and thrusting into Obi Wan's chest.

Grabbing Obi Wan by the back of the head Demus used it to thrust the blade in farther. Obi Wan gasped in pain as Demus watched the life leave his eyes.

Jerking the blade free he let Kenobi's corpse fall.

"Far too easy. I imagine the others will provide more of a challenge." Demus said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.