Bird Song - Cover

Bird Song

Copyright© 2007 by Scotland-the-Brave

Chapter 25: Legal or illegal?

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 25: Legal or illegal? - Terrorist attack against the world creates an opportunity for young romance and courage beyond measure.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   ft/ft   Teenagers   Romantic   NonConsensual   Post Apocalypse   Incest   Interracial   Voyeurism  

Jamie was keen to hook up with the Ambassador, Sir David Manning as quickly as possible after his coronation. The sooner the diplomatic efforts to release the expats began the better. He brought the helicopter in to land at Skibo and mentally stopped himself from rushing through the shut down procedures. Once he had completed what he had to do, he jumped down onto Skibo's rapidly growing lawns and joined his sister and Debbie and Christine. Stuart had remained at Dreghorn to review how training was progressing.

Jamie eyed his sister and the two girls as they walked towards the hotel's entrance. He had allowed both Debbie and Christine to perform oral sex on him during the day and the values that his parents had instilled in him meant that he now felt something deeper towards them. His brain had to rationalise the acts by creating a sense of being closer to the girls. Such an intimate act had to mean some kind of bond, his mind now decided after the events. Unconsciously he drew Debbie and Christine closer to his side as he walked and Laura tried to hide her little smile of triumph.

Jamie left the girls to look out something for dinner and took himself upstairs to check his messages. Both e-mail accounts were swamped with messages, the US and Canadian messages all much the same - Go Jamie!! - and the UK ones giving a better idea of what was happening across the country. It seemed the actions of the day had played well with the viewing audience and if anything the strength of feeling behind what Jamie was doing had grown.

Jamie clicked on the little square to minimise his e-mail accounts and brought up the link to the web cam site that connected him to Sir David Manning. He clicked on the link and waited while he was connected. When the screen logged on to the camera he saw another 'suit' sitting behind Sir David's desk.

"Hi, I wanted to speak to Sir David," he said.

He saw the suit snap himself upright at the sound of Jamie's voice and turn toward the camera.

"Ah, I'm sorry your Grace, the ambassador isn't here right now. He's gone to the State Department and asked that you be told he will be available at 22:00 your time. That's in just over two hours."

"Thanks you," said Jamie, "I'll be here then."

He clicked to exit the site and began to go through some of his e-mail. There was another message from the teenager who had infiltrated the terrorist set up at Herriot-Watt University on the western outskirts of Edinburgh. Jamie could sense the enthusiasm and urgency in the boy's message to him, the real nervous energy that must be coursing through the boy's blood.

Highlander

I didn't get to see it myself but the camp here is buzzing with news that the SIS web site showed Scotland choosing you as our new King. Fucking far out man! My wee heart is beating nineteen to the dozen, we've got a King and I'm in here plotting the downfall of the wankers who are trying to subdue our country. What do I call you now? Is it your majesty or something? LOL.

The teenagers here are ripe for overthrowing the terrorists and today's events have if anything brought them closer to the edge. I'm sure the terrorists know the mood in the camp, it's almost tangible, at fever pitch. If I don't do something soon to lead these people it will surely just boil over itself. They really are that worked up already and your coronation has caught the imagination. There is a feeling that they're missing out on events, on what Scotland is doing and they want to be part of things. I'm not joking when I say Herriot-Watt is ready to explode at any minute. What do you want me to do?

Sinky

Jamie looked at the words. Ian Sinclair - or 'Sinky' - was a brave 'man' to have volunteered to go into the lion's den and now the teenager was telling him that it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep a lid on the growing fervour of the survivors in the camp he had been taken to. Something would need to be done soon to orchestrate events before the survivors went off half-cocked and were slaughtered by the terrorists.

He pondered on his new status as the King of Scots and knew it was up to him to show leadership. What did it mean to be the King? Now there was a question. He knew he would have to set an example to others, but beyond that he was determined to be as much himself as possible. Jamie glanced at the clock in the bottom right corner of his computer screen and saw it was time to try and hook up with Sir David once more.

This time the crusty old diplomat's face stared back at him from the screen and Jamie greeted him.

"Good evening Sir David, how are you? I'm guessing you must have watched today's proceedings on my web site," Jamie said.

"Indeed your Grace, very impressive if I may say so. It hadn't occurred to me to do that, but a better record of events and demonstration that everything was done properly you couldn't ask for. If you will bear with me a moment, I'd like to hook up with Anthony Carry, the High Commissioner in Ottawa and Sir John Sawyers the Ambassador to the UN in New York. I think we all need to discuss our next steps."

Jamie watched a technician enter the shot at Sid David's elbow and he hit a few keys on a keyboard that was out of sight. His computer screen suddenly split to show his own head and that of Sir David, but now two other heads appeared as well.

"Good evening your Grace. May I be allowed to congratulate you on your elevation today? A remarkable moment in Scotland's history indeed and I found your words quite uplifting to say the least. But where are my manners, let me introduce myself. I'm John Sawyers, formerly the British Ambassador and permanent representative to the United Nations."

Jamie took in the well-groomed brown hair, cut with a parting on the left side of the man's head. The eyes that gazed at him were steely blue and Jamie imagined he would be formidable opponent across a negotiating table.

"Good evening Sir John, it's a pleasure to meet you, despite the circumstances," Jamie replied.

The other head showed a man with receding hair and a high forehead. His brown hair was going grey at the sides and he wore an avuncular smile.

"And let me congratulate you too, your Grace. I'm Anthony Carry and until recently I was the British High Commissioner in Canada."

"Pleased to make sure acquaintance Mr Cary," Jamie acknowledged

"We all know each other of old your Grace. So, now we're all together and the introductions are over, we can share our news and decide what to do next. As inspiring as your selection and coronation were, unfortunately it hasn't had the impact that I hoped," Sir David said.

"What do you mean?" Jamie asked.

"As soon as I saw your coronation I made my way to the State Department to try and turn up the heat on the administration. They refused to see me and had a minor official tell me that things hadn't changed, I have no standing with them," said Sir David.

"But that's stupid. Are they denying what happened today? Are they refusing to acknowledge that I am now King and Head of State?" Jamie asked.

"Yes, they seemed to think it was just a bunch of kids play acting, you know, pulling some kind of stunt," the Ambassador replied.

"What else can we do to get them to accept me?" Jamie asked.

"Before we come to that I'd like to hear from Anthony how things are going in Ottawa," Sir David said.

"Not as bleak as things seem to be with our American cousins, David. The Canadian government is at least talking to me, but they still believe it's best to have a ban on all foreign travel. One problem is accreditation. The government here hasn't said that they don't recognise you your Grace, but they haven't come out and said they do either.

"Prime Minister Harper seems sympathetic, or at least he's making all the right noises. Of course, given public opinion and the real strength of feeling on this issue here, he would be a fool not to make the right noises. His popularity is taking a knock as it is, he's sliding in the polls and you know how that tends to affect politicians," said Anthony Cary.

"Thank you Anthony. I think we need to regularise our positions somewhat. The US and Canadian governments can justifiably question our positions as things stand. Your Grace, would it be possible for you to officially appoint us and do so live on your web site? At least then we would have a little more legitimacy," Sir David said.

"Of course I can Sir David. But what are the chances that the US President will pay any more attention to that than my coronation?" Jamie asked.

"A good question your Grace, but I have some ideas I think we can use to help here. I believe what President Bush is doing is illegal, tantamount to kidnapping indeed. And I intend that we challenge him legally.

"Tomorrow I'd like you to publicly declare Scotland as independent once more. The Act of Settlement of 1701 prevents you from taking up the throne of the United Kingdom, as it settles the monarchy on the descendants of James the I and VI. What you can do however, is claim the throne of the entire United Kingdom by force. I believe you said today that you planned on heading South to free survivors in England and Wales as well. So be it, claim the lands at the same time. After you declare your royal intentions to make Scotland independent, you also need to appoint us as your representatives.

"John, I'd like you to register his Grace's position with the United Nations and force them to accept it. I believe our legal position on this is watertight and once the UN look into that and confirm today's events are perfectly legitimate, then the President will find it much more difficult to ignore us.

"On behalf of the expatriates here in the US, and the HMS Vengeance I will exercise their rights under the First Amendment to lodge a petition against the administration's policies at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. I plan to call a press conference on the steps of the E Barrett Prettyman Federal Courthouse on Constitution Avenue, to tell America what their President is doing and how we are fighting back. As you say Anthony, the way to hurt politicians is to shake their popularity. I'd like to see President Bush's face when he finds out what I've done," said Sir David.

"Wouldn't my laying claim to the rest of the United Kingdom be seen as an act of war?" Jamie asked.

"In normal circumstances, yes. But I'm sure that if you free the other survivors they won't see it that way and you will be accepted without challenge. It will require an Act of the Westminster Parliament to confirm you though and that will need enough people over eighteen years of age to hold an election. At least your claim will keep the US and Canadian governments guessing. Remember, the late Queen and her heirs are or were hereditary monarchs of Canada and other commonwealth countries and that will be causing them a constitutional headache right now," said Sir David.

"I don't know about them, but this is all making my head swim. Are you sure we're doing the right thing here, Sir David?" Jamie questioned.

"I can't think of another way forward your Grace. I know it's confusing, but just leave all the diplomatic mumbo jumbo up to us. You carry on doing what you're doing. Oh, and one other thing your Grace. I hate to ask this, but if there is a safe way of getting some footage of the terrorists onto your web site, something that would help make all of this more real for the ordinary people here, that might help turn the heat up too."

"I think I might have something that will work," replied Jamie.

"Anthony, you need to keep us abreast of any changes in the government's position in Canada. It might be worthwhile to forewarn the Prime Minister about his Grace's planned statement tomorrow. Knowing about it in advance will help with your bona fides too," said the Ambassador.

The discussion wound down and they agreed to conference again at the same time the next evening.


President Bush was clearly not impressed with what he was watching. One of his aides had burned the images from the 'Surviving in Scotland' web site onto disc and he was seeing it for the first time. He now had a face for the teenager who he had been sending messages to. He listened to the speech the boy made and harumphed at the simplistic messages.

"Who does this boy think he is? Winston Churchill? William Wallace?"

The President turned to his White House Chief of Staff, Joshua D. Bolton.

"Who does he think he's kidding with this act? No one could be stupid enough to believe that a bunch of kids could select a monarch just like that. If he's the King of Scots, I'm a horse's ass!" said President Bush.

The Chief of Staff coughed nervously.

"Actually Mr President, the Attorney General and his people believe what happened today might well be legal. Apparently there are a number of precedents for the Scots appointing their own King. So far we haven't been able to pick any holes in what he's done sir."

"For crying out loud! If it's that easy, why haven't they been doing it before now?" President Bush asked.

"That's what I'm saying Mr President, they have done, numerous times in fact. It just hasn't happened for six or seven hundred years that's all. I'm sure this other matter is related sir. We are receiving repeated representations from Sir David Manning to meet with the State Department. He was the British Ambassador Mr President," Joshua said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.