Android Omnibus - Cover

Android Omnibus

Copyright 2000-2014 CyberCzar. (CC) BY-NC-SA

Chapter 26: Cogito Ergo Sum

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 26: Cogito Ergo Sum - An erotic, science-fiction novel. Follow what happens when a guy wakes up one morning to find out he's not quite human, and his entire life has been a lie.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Rape   Mind Control   Hypnosis   Drunk/Drugged   Gay   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Robot   Extra Sensory Perception   Humiliation   Sadistic   White Couple   White Male   White Female   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Size   Transformation  

"All rise!" the court-officer called out. "This is civil-case number USC-11-4427 for the U.S. District Court, Northern Georgia Division; in the matter of The People vs. Michael Collins, Becky Carson, and Chip Carson; automatons, for the purpose of determining citizenship and legal-status within the United States of America. The Honorable, Judge Judy Swaggert presiding."

A graying, petite woman walked into the courtroom from a side door and made her way up the stairs to her bench. Everyone in the courtroom stayed silent, and standing, as the Judge rustled some papers in front of her, and poured herself a glass of water.

"Be seated," she finally said, and a mumur of rustling and shuffling could be heard from the audience as everyone sat back down. "This is a unique case, which has enormous implications to society and the World, as advances in technology continue to surpass and usurp a previous invention's generation."

Chip, Becky, and Michael sat quietly opposite the U.S. Attorney next to E. F. Sutton, their defense attorney. Mr. Sutton was famous for his trial, and ultimate acquittal, of a former basketball player who was alleged to have murdered his wife.

"At stake here is not whether a toaster, or coffee maker, has the same rights and liberties as I, or anyone else," the Judge continued, "but whether machines; so complex in fact that they exhibit and experience complex emotions, can communicate, and are self-aware, should be afforded the same rights thereto."

She paused to take a sip of water, leaned back in her chair, and took her glasses off. "Since this case has such monumental implications; following its completion I will not render a sole opinion. I have contacted the other judiciaries within this district. Upon this case's completion, we will review the transcripts, and evidence, and render a joint opinion. Both parties have agreed to waive their rights to appeal, and let this combined opinion stand. Mr. Clark, you may begin your opening arguments if you are ready."

"Thank you, your Honor," the man said, as he rose from his chair. "Your honor, this case is simple. Should a device or technology crafted by man, have the same rights as someone crafted by God? I shall endeavor to prove that these three automatons, sitting to my left, are in fact nothing more than tools and devices, not unlike a common screwdriver or microwave oven. We don't think twice about the feelings of our microwave ovens when we heat up a cup of coffee. These three machines were crafted by man, for the Department of Defense, and should be returned back for examination."

William Clark sat back down at his table after finishing his short, and quick, arguments.

Mr. Sutton was quick to rise to begin arguments on behalf of his clients. "Your honor, we don't think twice about the feelings of our microwave ovens when we heat up a cup of coffee because microwave ovens, and screw drivers, or as your Honor pointed out, even toasters do not have feelings. They are not self-aware, either. 'Cogito Ergo Sum.' I think, therefore I am."

"I shall prove to you, and everyone else, that Michael Collins, Chip Carson, and Becky Carson do think, are sensient, intelligent, and experience every emotion known to man. They are individuals, and subsequently should be afforded the same rights and liberties as everyone else."

Mr. Clark opened his case by calling Craig Vance, the designer of Michael's hydraulic systems, to the stand.

"Mr. Vance, for the record please state your name, occupation, and education."

"Craig Vance, research scientist, Defense Advanced Research Project Agency. I have a PhD in Mechanical- Engineering, a Master's Degree in Electrical- Engineering, and a Bachelor's Degree in Anatomy and Physiology."

"Thank you. You designed part of the systems for the automaton known as Michael Collins, did you not?" asked Clark.

"Yes, I designed his micro-hydrualic systems which are embedded in his limbs."

"And what do these systems do?"

"They provide him with movement."

"And how are his movements controlled?"

"By his sub-processors which send commands along his control buses."

"Who designed his sub-processors?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.