The Fool On The Hill - Cover

The Fool On The Hill

by Harddaysknight

Copyright© 2007 by Harddaysknight

Drama Sex Story: What should be a very happy time in a man's life is ruined by his wife's betrayal. Can he ever get past it?

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Cheating   .

I was having one of the best days of my life. Then it became the worst! The boss had suggested I join him for lunch at a very nice downtown hotel. This was not an everyday occurrence, so I knew something was up. To my surprise, several men in upper management were at our table when we arrived.

By the time lunch was over, I had learned I was being promoted, with a hefty salary increase. I was given direct responsibility for several important accounts. My 20 years of service to the company was being rewarded and I felt great!

I was even given a staff of three to work on the accounts. My only reservation was that one of the people named to my staff was a self-serving, ass kisser. He would be a problem but I dared not voice any negatives. I was just receiving a promotion and it was no time to complain!

I excused myself to go to the men's room. The few drinks and the excitement made me feel like my bladder would explode. I was thinking how excited Kate would be when I told her the news. We had been married for 23 years and had raised two kids. We had an empty nest and the promotion would allow us the freedom to do many of the things we had always dreamed about. Kate and I were best friends, lovers, and partners in everything.

I was smiling to myself as I opened the door to leave the men's room. Things were going so very well for me. That was when I saw Kate and a fellow from her work step out of the elevator not 20 feet from where I stood. She did not see me. In fact, she had eyes only for her coworker as they strolled toward the hotel bar. Just before they ducked into the bar, he pulled her to him and kissed her lips!

If you had taken a 2x4 and driven it into my gut, it would not have hurt as much. I staggered back into the lavatory and dropped to my knees by a toilet bowl. I offered my sacrifices to the porcelain gods for several minutes. Finally, I was completely purged. I managed to get to my feet and stagger to the sink. It took a minute or two to get myself cleaned up enough to leave the room.

I stepped from the bathroom and looked for Kate. It took a minute to locate her, but I could see her through the glass doors. She was stepping into a cab and lover boy was turning to walk back to the front desk. I pulled myself together and intercepted him before he got there. I stepped in front of him and jammed my face close to his.

"Hey, asshole," I hissed. "If I ever see you near my wife, or even suspect you have been near her, I am going to fuck you over big time!"

His surprise was complete. I could see his mind trying to place me. Then understanding swept across his face.

"Are you threatening me?" he blustered.

If I hadn't been so livid, I would have laughed.

"You have to ask, you goddamn idiot?" I blurted. "This is a serious fucking threat! I will fuck your wife, your kids, and your fucking dog. Shit, I'll fuck your cat if you have one, and then I'll fuck you, cocksucker! You'll have no marriage and a damn painful existence."

He stood there with my face inches from his and I could see the fear. I could almost smell it. Still, it gave me no pleasure. Another thought came to me as I faced the man that had made me a cuckold.

"If Kate ever finds out that I know about you and her, I will come looking for you. Your wife will know what a fucking shit she married and you and I will be going at it knuckle and skull. I don't give a shit if you outweigh me by 20 pounds. It will be mine to do and I will sure as all hell do it!"

I turned on my heel and walked away. One of the desk people was approaching as I left. I guess it was apparent that we were not best friends. I walked past him to rejoin my superiors in the dining room.

"Tom! I thought we were going to have to send a search party," laughed the boss. "You look a little pale, Tom. Are you ok?"

"I am fine, Henry. I'm just excited about the opportunity you have given me," I replied.

I was still seething on the inside and was not yet able to control all my emotions. Without thinking, I told the boss that which I had promised myself I would not.

"I do have to admit that I do not think Howard will work very well on my staff, Henry," I suggested. "If it is possible, I would prefer Steve Whiting, from advertising."

"Howard has a lot of experience in this field. Why would you prefer Steve," asked my boss.

"I have worked with Howard for several years now. I have always found him to be lazy, self-serving, undependable, and an extreme ass-kisser. Other than that, he does a decent job," I finished.

Henry looked from me to the other men sitting at the table. None of them would look him in the eye. He turned back to me and I returned his look as I waited for him to comment.

"Those seem like very good reasons," he laughed. "I like a man that speaks his mind, Tom. I have to admit that you only confirmed my personal observations about Howard."

Then the other senior management suits chirped in telling how they never thought Howard was very good either. They had their heads so far up the boss's ass it was a wonder they could even breathe.

"Tom, it is likely that Howard will learn that you didn't want him on your team and confront you," continued the boss. "We all know there are no secrets when more than one person is involved. What will you do at that point?"

"I won't waste any time farting around with him, Henry. I will just ignore him and go about my business," I replied. This thing with Kate was making me unusually candid and it felt good.

"That sounds good, but he may pursue it, if you understand my drift," Henry continued.

"If I have to, I'll kick his ass. Is that what you are looking for, Henry?" I asked.

Everyone looked down at the table as Henry studied my face.

"I have to say I am surprised by you, and pleasantly so, Tom," he confessed. "For some reason, I worried that you would be too timid and wishy-washy to head a team. Now I wonder why I didn't promote you years ago."

"It was only very recently that I have become more assertive, Henry," I explained. "You were probably right to hold back. The good news is I am now ready and will do a good job for you."

I was thinking of Kate with that fucking weasel as I spoke. My attitude change was very recent. It was less than an hour old! It occurred to me that I could easily handle my new position. A week ago it would have been so important that I would have lost sleep over it. Now, putting it in perspective, I knew I was the best man for the job and would not even fret over the work. I had bigger fish to fry at the moment. Everything is relative, I realized.

The gathering broke up shortly after that and I drove home. I was half an hour earlier than usual, but Kate's car was in the drive when I pulled in. Usually she got home a few minutes later than I.

"You are home early," observed Kate. "Is anything wrong at work, Honey?"

I noticed she was wearing a robe and her hair was wet. She was obvious she had washed away any incriminating evidence of her afternoon tryst.

"I just left a little early," I answered. "Did you get dirty at work and have to come home to clean up or something?"

My question seemed to surprise her for a second. Then she laughed and told me, "The air conditioning quit today and around 3:00 we all went home. I was all sweaty from the humidity, so I showered."

"So you stuck it out at work until 3:00 with no air?" I asked.

"You know our company, Tom. They hate to lose a nickel. I sat there and perspired until they sent us home at 3:00," repeated Kate.

"I'll have to rib Tony about it next time I see him," I laughed. I can only imagine how many pounds he lost today."

Tony was a coworker of Kate's that was actually obese and would break into a sweat if the temperature passed 60 degrees. Kate looked at me, but had no reply. Let her start worrying about covering her lies. It could consume her, I decided, and that would be a good thing. Right then I decided not to confront Kate. I would simply ask innocent questions and make little observations. When a person is drawn into lies, they can suffer in more ways than a truthful person can imagine. That whack-job in Salt Lake City is a good example.

Kate started dinner and was unusually happy and talkative. Her good mood made mine worse. I knew the reason for her cheer and it plunged me into the depths of despair. Still I tried to cover it up. I did not want to tip my hand too soon. As we dined, Kate made all kinds of small talk and tried to draw me into a conversation. Try as I would, I could not muster much enthusiasm for anything. I felt I was doing well to not grab a knife and slice her heart out!

After dinner we sat down and watched a movie. As soon as it was over, I announced I was going to bed. I quickly took care of all my bedtime chores and crawled into bed, depressed and morose. It was only a minute later that Kate slid in next to me, and she was naked!

"I thought you might like a little nookie tonight," she whispered as she leaned her breasts against me.

All I could think about was how she had pushed her breasts against another man a few hours prior and she was offering me his seconds. As I pictured it in my mind, I felt my stomach begin to protest. By this time, Kate was rubbing her hand over my cock, but it was not responding. I tried to think of baseball, or politics, just to ease my nerves. It didn't help.

"You seem a little tense tonight, Lover," whispered Kate. "Maybe some of this will help relax you."

She placed my hand on her pussy and all I could think of was the last cock that had been there. My stomach made its decision. I pushed Kate off and sprinted to the bathroom. I was barely able to keep it down till I reached the toilet. Then dinner made an early exit. I was kneeling there for a few minutes before I began to feel better. Slowly, I rose and washed my face and brushed my teeth again.

"I knew you weren't feeling well, Sweetheart," Kate said as I slowly returned to a normal state. "I heard there was something going around. You had better plan on taking tomorrow off. You look like death warmed over."

It had been a practice of ours over the years for an ill spouse to sleep in the spare bedroom. That way we would not contaminate the other, or ruin their night's sleep.

"Whatever," I mumbled as I headed for the guest room.

I closed the door and slept little that night. I was up early and showered and dressed and left for work before Kate woke up. I knew I would be almost an hour early, but it was better than spending time at home, under the circumstances.

I prepared my new office. Funny, but I had forgotten about my promotion until I was almost at work. By the time the regular work force arrived I was moved in and ready to go. The group seemed genuinely pleased to be working under me. I briefly laid out my expectations and what I would consider and what I would not. Soon my team was doing its job. I never really thought about it much before, but I soon learned that I didn't have to know a great deal about any given part of the project. I had to make certain that the person doing that part of the puzzle did. I had to guide them and settle any questions of priority or domain. Since I had a good group, it became apparent that we would meet our deadlines and goals easily.

That allowed me more time to stew about Kate and where we stood. I wondered if lover-boy would work up the balls to tell Kate I had threatened him. Recalling the fear I had seen in his face, I felt it was unlikely. I also decided he would not be willing to risk getting his ass pounded, and his wife finding out, by seeing Kate again. I wondered how Kate would take his rejection, if he were astute enough to realize I was dead serious when I threatened him.

I was mulling these thoughts over as I was eating a sandwich and drinking a Dew when that asshole, Howard, stormed into the conference room we had been assigned. The rest of the team was working on a project on the drawing board.

"What the hell have you been telling the boss, Tom?" he yelled. "I hear you told him I was pretty much worthless and you didn't want me on your team! Would you care to say it to my face?" he demanded.

I stood up and looked him over. He was a few inches taller than I and about thirty pounds heavier. I suddenly felt very much alive and yet, calm. This was the sort of problem I could handle. It was physical and straightforward.

"Howard, I am sorry you heard about it, but I am not sorry I told Henry I didn't want you on my team," I stated calmly. "You are a back-stabbing, ass-kissing, self-centered prick to work with. You are a lazy fuck and love to blame your mistakes on other people. I wouldn't have you on my team if you were the last man standing in this office."

Howard was stunned! He had expected me to placate him, to lie to get out from under the truth. I didn't and he had to form a response.

"I think you are the back-stabber," he hollered. "This promotion should have been mine but you sucked Henry's cock and got in front of me, you bastard!"

"I would never get between you and a man's cock, Howard," I calmly assured him. "You asked and I told you, now get the fuck out of my room or start the ball!"

Howard was shocked that I had called his bluff. He looked at the others watching him and tried to bluster. His only goal was saving face.

"I'd kick you ass, but you would get me fired," he shouted. "I am not dumb enough to fall for that."

"Howard, I told Henry that I'd kick your ass if you gave me any trouble and I am beginning to think I'll have to," I allowed. "Will you folks close the door after you so that Howard and I can have a more personal discussion, please," I asked my crew.

They practically jumped to get out the door as fast as they could. Howard was beginning to shake as he saw them leave.

"You're crazy if you think I am going to stay in here alone with you. You tell some crazy story to get me fired if I worked you over!"

I jumped the few feet that separated us and chopped Howard a short blow to his throat. He began to cough and choke immediately, but I didn't care or wait. I grabbed his hair with my left hand and the waist of his pants with the other and ran him right at the door. The others had just gotten out and had their backs turned to us.

"Leave the door open," I hollered as I propelled Howard toward it, "and get out of the way!"

With that I gave him a final push and he shot stumbling and gagging through the open door. The others barely managed to step aside as he went crashing to the floor.

There was complete silence for a full minute as everyone waited to see what Howard would do next. He slowly pulled himself to his feet, looked around, and went down the hall.

Steve Whiting quipped, "It looks like we had better not piss off the boss. He'll kick our asses!"

With that everyone filed back into the room and resumed their work, although there were more than a few comments and suggestions made. It seemed my stock rose quite a bit with my group because of my handling of Howard. Later that day, Henry called me to his office.

"Did Howard stop in your work area today," he questioned.

"Yes, he stopped for a minute or so," I answered.

Henry looked at me closely for a minute.

"And was there any problem?" he prompted.

"I would have to say I had no problem, Henry. Have you reason to think I did?" I asked.

"Howard stopped in and gave his two week notice and said he couldn't work in a place where his safety could not be guaranteed," Henry responded. "I guess you don't know what he meant?"

"I would suggest you ask Howard what Howard was saying, Henry. I really can't speak for him," I replied.

Henry just nodded and I went back to work.

That night Kate was unusually quiet and I wondered to myself what she was thinking. Had her male friend told her it was over? Had he told her I knew? Somehow I doubted it because she seemed preoccupied and not concerned with me. My day had been full, and I had not slept the previous evening, so I retired to the guest room and went to sleep early.

I was up early and out before Kate was awake again the next morning. That night I slept in the guest room and Kate seemed perplexed but did not question it. It gradually became a steady habit. It was a week later that Kate finally asked why.

"Why are you still sleeping in the guest room, Tom?" she inquired. "You seem to be feeling well enough."

"I don't know what I have, or had, but I didn't want to give it to you, Kate. I wouldn't want anyone to feel like I did that night," I answered truthfully.

"Well, I think you have totally recovered, so I want you to sleep with me. I miss you and it is your husbandly duty," she added.

I could think of no excuse to sleep in the guest room, so I went to bed in our room that evening. I just hoped Kate did not have any romantic intentions. As it turned out, she sat up watching a movie in bed and I slept well.

The problem came the following evening. I was snuggled into my side of the bed when Kate began to run her hands over me and rub her wonderful tits against my back. The images began to return and I felt queasy.

"How about the little guy comes out to play?" she asked as she stroked my cock. "I have a nice warm place for him."

This was the sort of talk we used to initiate sex over the years of our marriage. My stomach revolted again and I rushed to the bathroom. This was starting to worry me. I couldn't be vomiting every time my wife got close to me, yet that seemed to be the case. I once again deposited a meal in the toilet. Gradually I gathered my strength and cleaned myself up.

"I think you should see a doctor, Tom," suggested Kate. "I have never seen you vomit so often."

I looked at her and could see she was genuinely concerned. Then I thought she could collect my insurance if I croaked and she would be happier. With that thought, I headed to the guest room and went to sleep. Kate watched me with a worried look until I closed the door. I felt guilty about her worrying about me, but I was not willing to tell her why I got ill so often.

This scenario actually occurred twice more in the next two weeks. It became obvious to Kate that she was the reason I was getting sick. One morning after a bad session with the john, Kate brought the subject up as I was trying to leave without waking her. I was headed for the door when she spoke from the gloom of the living room. It surprised me, as I had not seen her sitting there.

"Why does it make you ill to be near me, Tom," she asked me pointedly. "You used to like making love to me. Do you have a girlfriend?"

The irony of the question brought a grim smile to my lips, but it was too dark for her to notice.

"I don't have any lady friends, Kate. I have never been unfaithful to you in any way," I responded. "I must have some kind of stomach disorder."

"Where you throw up when your own wife gets too close?" Kate persisted. "I have never heard of anything like that. You don't have the same 'disorder' the governor of New Jersey has, do you, Tom? If you do, I want to know!"

Now it was becoming ludicrous. She thought I might have become gay after all these years? Maybe I should consider it, I thought to myself for a fleeting second.

"Kate, I am not suddenly gay. I just have a weak stomach at this point. It will improve, just be patient," I pleaded.

"Why have you been sneaking out so early in the morning then, if you aren't seeing anyone," she cried. "I know something is up and you aren't telling me everything!"

"Okay, I replied. Let's tell each other everything that may be of interest to the other. You go first," I urged Kate.

"What the hell does that mean?" she yelled. "I am not the one behaving oddly. I don't have anything to tell!"

"Often odd behavior is not the sign or symptom of a person hiding things. I have discovered that over the years," I replied calmly. "The smart person keeps their behavior very normal, to avoid any suspicion."

"I don't know what you are saying, Tom," she moaned. "Why the riddles?"

"I am saying that if I were going to be unfaithful to you, I would do it in such a manner as to not arouse any suspicion. My actions are far too obvious to be those of a person having an affair," I assured Kate. "I would be very normal and asking you why you were behaving differently, to put you on the defensive and deflect any suspicion that might be directed my way."

It was too dark to be certain, but it seemed that Kate turned pale at my remark. She began to sob in the chair. I closed the door behind me.

Work was going great. I had been so sick about my marriage that I refused to worry about my job. I just made the obvious decisions and didn't worry about how the others liked me. It was strange that the infidelity of Kate's made work simple and less stressful.

That night when I got home, Kendra, Kate's sister, was at the house. I looked around for Kate, but Kendra told me she had gone to visit their ailing mother and had asked Kendra to make dinner for me. I wondered if Kate was seeing that guy again, but realized Kate would not dare get Kendra to cover for her. Kendra was an MD and it seemed odd she would bother to make dinner for me.

"How is the psychiatry going these days, Kendra? I asked. "Are you glad you finally settled on a field?" I asked.

"That is for certain, Tom. Now if I could settle on a man!" she laughed.

Kendra was 37 and divorced for a few years. Her husband had taken up with a nurse while she was working late hours. When she discovered it, She tossed him out.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.