In The Way - Cover

In The Way

Copyright© 2007 by JayBee

Chapter 2

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2 - A cocky detective (retd.), a desperate housewife, a teenage daughter and a doctor out of the books. So who's in the way of whom, here?

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Humor   Incest   Father   Daughter   First   Slow  

"Are you sure?" he asked before I could turn the damned thing off.

"What the hell was that?" I shouted at him. "She's lying!"

He sat there, calmly taking in my reaction. Of course, he could afford to be calm - it was not his wife who had just told a perfect stranger that her husband was fooling around with their daughter. He held up his hands in a placating manner even as I took a menacing step towards him. "You," and I pointed my finger accusingly, "You put her up to it. If that is even her on the tape. You are going to pay, mister."

At this point, I suppose he started to get a bit worried. This time, I did not have to pretend to be angry - I was fucking mad at him, excuse me ladies. He jumped out of his chair and pushed me, which was his mistake. A gumshoe, you must know, believes that Newton's third law rules the universe. I shoved him back, and he fell back on his chair that then teetered back, almost toppling, before I pulled at his pants and raised him upright. And then I punched him in his stomach.

Normally, this is where you expect the hero to knock the bad guy out, aim at the jaw and put it there, but I stopped myself at the last moment. An unconscious Chivago was no use to me, though he must be infinitely less irritating. I tugged at his collar and let him fall back on his chair. He was gasping for breath as I picked up the recorder and prepared to fling it at one of his framed diplomas.

"Wait," he croaked. He coughed. He coughed again. "Wait," he croaked again, and coughed again. Jeez, had I really hit him that hard? For a second there, I wondered if I would have to call for the paramedics. I waited, arm cocked as if I were about to throw a javelin. He took his hands off his stomach to motion for me to put the recorder down. Or to sit down or both or maybe to see if he was still alive.

It took him a few minutes to regain his breath, during which I did not stand as if I would throw anything anywhere. I sat down across him, the same as before, but the recorder remained with me. I did not bother taking out the tape - I had already decided that the moment I walked out those doors, it would too.

"I guess you are innocent," he said. I glared at him and cocked my arm again - only this time, I was aiming for his neck. At that range, he knew I could not miss. He amended his statement in the same breath. "No, I mean, I know you are innocent."

"What the hell is all this about?" My arm dropped down to my thigh.

"Believe me, I know you are innocent. I spoke to your daughter too, remember?"

"You have her on tape, you piece of shit?"

"No, she didn't want to be recorded. And I would appreciate it if you don't direct that kind of abuse at me anymore."

"And I would appreciate it..." I mimicked him, and nobody told me I did not sound like the petrified bastard sitting in front of me. "What are you, some kinda shrink?" When he opened his mouth to answer, I shook my head. "Don't answer that. Jeez, even I don't know why I asked that question."

"I know you are upset."

"You are really good at this, aren't you?" I asked him sarcastically. A bit of color rushed to his cheeks, but he did not say anything. "What the fucking hell is all this?" I do not normally condone profanity, but I excused myself. This fucking asshole deserved whatever fuck he got for fucking with me. So there.

"Maybe you should just play it back," he said, gesturing to the recorder I still held in my hand.

"Maybe you should just tell me everything, and I'll play it back on the way home," I told him. I received no argument. I suppose he must have wondered whether I had a player in my car that I could run the mini-cassette on, not realizing that I just had myself a good one for the price of a whole lot of bullshit.

He nodded, as if he had any choice in the matter, cleared his throat, sat up straighter and began his salvation. "If you would play that tape a bit longer, you will hear your wife admitting that she does not have any actual evidence that you are sleeping with your own daughter. She simply believes - or, I should say, she prefers to believe it. I told you about the Electra complex, didn't I? That's one form of penis-envy. There's another, though -"

"Come again," I interrupted. "What was that? Penis-envy?"

"That's how Dr. Freud saw it," he said it almost referentially. "He suggested that because the daughter does not have a penis and therefore feels possessive about the dominant male who has it. Often, this is translated into a jealous attitude victimizing her mother who is seen as the reason for the girl being without it. In other words, Daddy's penis belongs to Mom, and it just ain't fair."

Like I said, learn something new everyday. But I would certainly prefer it if they came with instructions attached. "Jesus," I exclaimed, not really meaning it. I am an atheist. "And people actually believed that crap?"

He stiffened for an instant before remembering how his stomach had collided with my fist quite recently. "It's not crap, Mr. Kane; it's a very good piece of psychological science. It helped us understand the human psyche as we know it today."

On any other day, I would have asked if a psyche was what you called a female psycho. Today, I let it pass.

He continued because I had not interrupted, "I believe it, and so do a lot of other psychiatrists across the world. It's based on science, logic and research, quite different from the kind of prejudice that people with misguided anger have." I did not have misguided anger, I felt like telling him. I didn't miss his solar plexus, did I? "But enough of that," he said, clapping his hand once. It did not come out as sharply as he wanted it to, and for a moment there, the frustration showed on his face. It sounded as if someone had slapped a dog's rump. Possibly a Chihuahua.

"You keep mentioning all these complexes," I reminded him. "And I keep telling you that her father died a long -" I stopped myself as a thought struck me. "Shit, is it Nikki? Is she the one with the Electra complex?"

"No, no, no, no, no," he said, echoing himself. Was he the hollow man, you might wonder - but I didn't care at the time. "You've got it all wrong. Once again, Mr. Kane, you've jumped before the horse."

I pointed out that he had mixed up his idioms, and he replied that I was mixing up his digestive system. "So we're even," I told him. "Now why don't you cut the crap - I think I am repeating myself here - and tell me, please, what this is all about."

Maybe it was the 'please' that did it, maybe he was tired of the comic routine he was running for me, maybe he needed to go to the bathroom because his digestive system had worked too well, or not at all, or maybe he felt sorry for me. "I'll spell it out for you, but please don't interrupt me. I hope we are agreed on that. No, don't say anything, just listen. For once in your whole goddamned life, just listen. And then you can ask me questions at the end."

Should I raise my hand? Oh, shuddup!

"Your wife does NOT have Electra complex. Now. She had it once upon a time, when she was just into her teens, long before she had met you, a time when she thought her father was her soul mate. Her one true love, I believe was the phrase she used, and she told me you know all about her and her father. That nothing happened, that he died of a heart-attack at their table during dinner and that she blamed her own mother for a long time afterwards."

I knew all that, and a bit more. If he had not died, she might never even have become my girlfriend, let alone my wife. She had admitted as much to me when I took her to my apartment the day after I had proposed to her. I also knew that she had not forgiven her mother until after she too had passed away. It was only that evening, with her sobbing at her parents' graves, that I knew that finally, her love was all mine. Nikki came barely a year later.

"Her counselor at the time managed to convince her she was not to blame, but I don't think he did enough to keep her from transferring that on to her mother. That hatred remained long enough for Rachel to decide that she would never be to her daughter what her mother had been to her. A hurdle."

I wanted to interrupt but didn't. He was on a roll, and I did not want to derail him into things that made less sense. What he was telling me sounded something like Morpheus would tell Neo - if you can believe this one thing, then everything that flows from this must also be true. It took me ten times to understand what the Matrix was all about. I had a feeling I should have recorded Dr. Chivago's monologue - maybe he went to the same writer the Wachowski brothers did. Therefore, I did what everyone else does when they don't really understand.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.