The Quatyl - Cover

The Quatyl

Copyright© 2007 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 16

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 16 - The Quatyl are small and cute. With their short stubby legs, very soft fur, and small mouths they are basically defenseless. Did I mention that they are cute? They are very cute. They are also the most feared space faring race in the galaxy because they can telepathically control every species they've ever encountered. Oh, by the way, they just discovered the Earth.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic   Science Fiction  

James examined the sensor display for a minute and then announced, "At the speed they have, they'll be here in ten days."

"Thank you," Captain Klein said.

"They might speed up their arrival," James said. After watching the enemy make a minor detour, he said, "I had better write a program to plot the most likely trajectory the mystery aliens will take."

"That would be a good idea," Captain Klein said thinking that would keep James busy for the next day or two.

Running his fingers across the keyboard, James said, "Sing your sweet songs to me my little silicon birdie."

"Silicon birdie?" Kim asked. She wondered where he came up with those kinds of statements.

"Oh, yes! You're a good little germanium girl," James said with a million watt smile. He looked up and said, "I've plotted their course. You'll have a running countdown to their arrival."

Captain Klein shook his head before he looked at the results projected on the front screen by James. That program should have taken him a couple of days to write. He asked, "What if they change course and speed?"

"It will automatically recalculate the result," James answered patting the console.

No matter how goofy James was, he couldn't deny that the guy was the most brilliant programmer with whom he had ever worked. Captain Klein said, "Good job."

James smiled when he saw that a new program had been added while he was visiting the Quatyl ship. James tapped a couple of keys and smiled. Looking over at Captain Klein, he said, "I just found a program called self-destruct. Do you think I should run it to see what it does?"

"No," Captain Klein shouted. He turned pale when he saw James start typing. Worried, he looked over at Ken who winked at him.

James started the program. Reading out the messages as they were printed to the console, he said, "Five Four Three Two One Boom."

"He did it," Captain Klein said sinking into his chair.

"Very funny, Ken," James said.

"I thought you'd enjoy it," Ken said.

"I would have added sound effects and flashing lights," James said as he started typing.

Wondering what it would take to get transferred off the ship, Captain Klein turned to Ann and said, "Check how much longer it will be before the additional fighters are delivered."

"We'll get two more in five days and then five more in fifteen days," Ann answered after checking with the space station.

Turning to Ken, Captain Klein asked, "There are seven enemy ships. Are four fighters and this ship sufficient to take care of all seven of them?"

"I have no idea," Ken answered. He had studied the recordings of the attack on the Quatyl ship for hours trying to learn as much from the recordings as he could. The Quatyl had provided him with the feed that had originated with the attacked ship.

"Make a guess," Captain Klein said.

Ken said, "It is hard to say for sure, but their weapons don't seem that advanced. They basically fired on the Quatyl without warning. It still took three torpedoes to destroy the Quatyl ship. As far as I can tell, one of our nukes could take out a Quatyl ship."

"What does that tell you?" Captain Klein asked.

Kim answered, "They might be gung ho to kill, but they are amateurs."

"Why do you say that?" Captain Klein asked looking over at her.

She answered, "They had the Quatyl out numbered, but they destroyed them rather than take the ship. If they destroy every ship they encounter, then they can't be incorporating alien technology into their ships. Anyone that doesn't take advantage of an opportunity to study their opponent is an amateur when it comes to war."

"That's true," James said nodding his head in agreement.

"What do you know about that?" Captain Klein asked rolling his eyes. James was the last person he would turn to for advice on how to wage a war.

Ann answered, "He didn't get to be a master of practical jokes without studying his victims."

"How about saying stupid things? Did he study that too?" Captain Klein asked.

Ann shook her head and answered, "No. He comes by that naturally."

"Hey!"

"I'd believe that," Captain Klein said. He looked at everyone on the bridge and asked, "Does anyone have a suggestion about how we handle the aliens?"

Everyone looked from one person to the next. Finally, James said, "We need to surprise them with overwhelming force."

"How do you suggest we do that?" Captain Klein asked. The Quatyl had two unarmed ships and they were the only Earth ship. No matter how many times he did the calculation, it still came out seven to one in favor of the bad guys.

James shrugged his shoulders and said, "We put out lots remote controlled torpedoes. When they start something, we finish it. Some of the torpedoes should be ballistic so that we can recover one or two of their ships after we've disabled them."

"And where would we hide these torpedoes?" Captain Klein asked.

"Why hide them?" James asked rather surprised by the suggestion.

"So they don't know they are there," Ken answered talking to James like he was a simpleton.

"Well, if they don't know they are there then what will they shoot at first?" James asked shaking his head. Answering his own question, he said, "They'll shoot at us? I don't think I like that idea."

"He's got a point," Kim said hating the idea that she agreed with him.

"It is even a good one," Ann said.

Ken said, "It does make sense to give them something else to shoot at first. We could build torpedoes a whole lot quicker than spaceships."

"Why am I worried?" Captain Klein asked rhetorically.

Getting excited, James said, "The Quatyl ship is full of alien races. I bet that we could use what they know to create some really nasty surprises for the bastards."

Captain Klein groaned and held his stomach. Worried, Anke asked, "Does your stomach hurt?"

"The idea that I'm about to take advice from James is giving me an ulcer," he answered. He wondered if he needed to have his head examined.

"Don't worry. I've got it all under control," James said rubbing his hands together.

"Captain Klein, I'd be worried if I were the enemy," Ken said looking over at James. The last time James had looked like that he had nearly gotten thrown out of high school. He added, "That's the look he gets when he's planning something really big."

"That's bad?" Captain Klein asked.

"It depends on whose side you're on. If you think the balloon trick was bad, you should hear about the one he pulled in high school," Ken said.

James said, "You're not going to tell him that old story, are you?"

"Yes, I am," Ken said.

Knowing that Ken was a lousy story teller, James said, "You know how all high schools have indoor fountains that are intended to provide a nice calming influence on students?"

"No," Captain Klein said. His school didn't have a single fountain anywhere on campus. There was a little hope that his answer would prevent James from continuing the story.

"A hundred years ago a bunch of students started killing other students in public schools. The wonderful minds in government decided that schools needed to be softer gentler places. They started putting plants and fountains inside the schools. It didn't help at all, but the tradition remains," Ken explained.

"What did they do about that problem?" Captain Klein asked.

Kim said, "The problem of students killing other students was temporarily solved by periodic psychological testing to identify problem students and then drugging them to the gills. That worked, but a longer term solution was required. Amazingly, after years and years of study, they found that preventing students from bringing weapons to school had a drastic effect on the number of students who were killed."

James said, "My high school had six fountains. They were really beautiful. They sprayed water high into the air and it cascaded down the sides of the centerpiece remarkably nicely."

"I'm sure they were lovely fountains," Captain Klein remarked.

"Well, one day they started calling to me. As I listened to them burble like fountains do, I realized that they wanted to be a more integral part of the high school experience. Of course, the only one who could make that happen was me and I had to answer the call," James said.

Captain Klein turned to Ann and asked, "Are you sure that he passed the psychological tests necessary to get into space?"

"He aced it," Ann answered with a shrug of her shoulders. She didn't understand how he had managed to pull that one off. The testers had remarked that he was one of the calmest people under pressure that they had ever encountered.

Captain Klein said, "He must have cheated somehow."

James shook his head at the accusation and then continued his story. He said, "Well, I found some liquid soap and added it to the water one day after school."

Everyone on the bridge stared at James wondering what the big deal about that was. Ken chuckled at the memory and said, "All night long those fountains sprayed water in the air. They just created more and more bubbles. For fourteen hours those six fountains created bubbles."

James shrugged his shoulders and said, "I might have added a little too much soap."

Ken laughed and said, "When they opened the doors in the morning, a solid wall of foam spilled out of the school. It took them all day to get rid of all of those bubbles."

"You've got to admit that everyone laughed," James said.

"Does anyone have a better idea on how we can deal with the aliens?" Captain Klein asked while he stared at the floor. When no one answered, he added, "Please."


None of the Quatyl could believe that the beasts were working so actively to meet the new aliens. When they couldn't make as many of the torpedoes as was desired, they had been asked to create huge structures covered with thin metallic foil. The Quatyl couldn't believe that the beasts wanted craft with such huge radar signatures built. Their first instinct was to hide, not to advertise that they were there.

All of the servant species were a little worried about what the beasts were asking them to do. There didn't seem to be any logic in their approach. The interesting thing was that each species differed in what they considered to be the logical approach in dealing with the enemies.

The Dactites didn't care about the logic of the response. They tended to flee when the odds of winning were low, but would fight when there was a good chance of winning. They weren't quite sure what the chances of winning were, but they were happy building all kinds of new devices. The Humans had some rather novel engineering practices in which they combined things in ways that were completely different from anything the Dactites had ever considered.

The Dromats weren't quite sure about the logic of the Human approach to dealing with the threat. They would have preferred to use logic to convince the enemy to leave. Of course, having witnessed the sudden destruction of the first Quatyl ship they recognized that if they were dead that they wouldn't have much chance to talk.

There was one thing that the Humans did that the Dromats really appreciated — the devices being constructed for the humans incorporated a lot of levers. They grew very excited when they saw the plans for the façade that was going to be used to draw the attention of the enemy. They didn't know that it was based on the old-fashioned umbrella. When they finally found the plans for the umbrella it became an overnight fashion requirement.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.