Playing the Game - Cover

Playing the Game

Copyright© 2007 by Rev. Cotton Mather

Chapter 21: The Longest Day of School Ever

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 21: The Longest Day of School Ever - Welcome to the return of one of the most celebrated Internet novels of erotica. Sean Porter, soccer kid, is on a journey of discovery. Set in 1980, follow along as Sean tries to find his path through the minefield of adolescent relationships, while discovering his growing skills playing the most popular game in the world.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Consensual   First  

On Monday morning, the teams assembled in the gymnasium before school. Coach Neville stood in front of us, looking tired and worn.

"You know, of course, what has happened," he began. "I do have more information now, and the news is not good. As many of you know, the accident was a hit-and-run. The police have now found the car that pushed Theo's car off the road and into the tree. Unfortunately, it belongs to another student here at the high school, Richard Del Toro."

That set up quite a buzzing in the room.

"Apparently, he and three of his friends were out joyriding, and for some reason they ran Theo and Skip off the road. Richard has been arrested and his car impounded, and they're still looking for Harold Barnes and Vincent Arilio, two of the boys who were in the car with him. The fourth young man, Joey Amonte, is also being held in jail on pending charges."

Harold, Joey, and Vinnie were all members of Del Toro's Bulls. I turned to Jorge, sitting next to me, and whispered that they had all been part of the group that had been hassling his sister and him that day. He just nodded.

"Quiet, now," said Mr. Neville. "Dr. Osgood, our principal, will make an announcement during first period about the accident. He will also announce that school will be closed tomorrow in deference to Skip and his family, so that his friends and teammates can attend his funeral. I will expect to see you all there. As for the team, obviously we have some reorganizing to do, which the coaching staff will be working on today. In the meantime, I've got these to hand out."

He reached down and pulled out a box from underneath the table and opened it up. He pulled out black armbands and started handing them out.

"As a show of team solidarity, I would like you all to wear these today. This is a very difficult time for all of us, gentlemen. In light of the events of the weekend, I think we should consider dedicating the balance of this season to Skip and Theo."

There was a murmur of assent from all of us. Nobody on the team even considered disagreeing with the sentiment. Coach Neville asked for a show of hands, and it was a unanimous decision that we would play the rest of our games for our two fallen players.

"Thank you, gentlemen," said Coach. "I'll see you after school for a short practice session."

We all slipped the armbands over our sleeves, and the team quietly shuffled out of the gym to their first period classes.

"Mr. Porter, Mr. Johnson, could I see you two for a moment?" Coach tapped me on the shoulder, and caught Eric by the sleeve as we were about to leave.

"Sure, Coach. What's up?" Eric asked after everybody else had left.

Mr. Neville took off his glasses and started absent-mindedly wiping the lenses on his tie.

"Despite the circumstances," he began, "I've still got to think about the team and how to salvage this season. I've lost my top two players, and I have to make some fast changes." He paused to collect his thoughts, and put his glasses back on. He looked hard at Eric and me.

"You two have been in my thoughts lately. Eric, your speed on the field is exceptional, and we're going to need speed. But your ball handling could use some help. I would like you to work before school with a friend of mine, if you're willing. He might be able to jump- start your skills in a short amount of time."

Eric didn't look too happy about the prospect of getting to school early just to learn how to juggle a soccer ball better, but he wisely kept his mouth shut for the moment.

"In return," continued Coach, "I will be willing to offer you a starting position in the offense, to replace Theo. But," he added, before Eric could answer, "the one depends on the other. If you aren't willing to improve your soccer skills, you won't get the starting nod. Think about it for a moment," he said, and turned to me.

"Sean, Skip and I have been grooming you to take his position after this season. Unfortunately, circumstances have forced me to throw you into the fire. I need you before I think you're ready. Can you play the right defensive spot, knowing you're going to be trying to fill some big shoes?"

I didn't have to think twice about it. "Yes, sir. I'll do my best."

"I know you will, Sean. I just wish you weren't playing under these conditions." He nodded, as if making up his mind about something.

He walked us both to the door of the gym just as the first bell of the day started ringing.

"I'll see you both after school for practice," he said. He put an arm around each of our shoulders, as if he was trying to protect us from the ravages of the real world. In retrospect, I guess that's exactly what he was trying to do, in his way.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.