Destiny Appointed - Cover

Destiny Appointed

Copyright© 2007 by silver5885

Chapter 10

"Is someone going to tell us what's going on or what? I, for one, would really love an explanation." Aidan looked at Hayley as he said it. She didn't have to be a mind reader to know that he blamed her for the situation they'd found themselves in.

And understandably so, seeing as how it's my fault they're all here in the first place.

Aidan and the twins sat on one side of a large, round table, while Hayley and the princess sat on the other. An empty seat sat to the left of the princess but only she knew who was expected to fill it.

A glance from the princess told Hayley that this was supposed to be her show. "Well, I guess I may as well start at the beginning—"

At the sound of the door opening, Hayley paused, grateful for any interruption that would give her more time to gather her thoughts. She was in no hurry to tell her life story. Hayley was surprised to see that the person they were waiting for was the man that she had seen fighting from her window. Although, thinking about it, she really shouldn't have been considering how ... powerful she could tell he was even from so far away. That power was 10 times stronger when he got close. Of course someone with strength such as his would be an important part of this war. There was an intensity about him that was almost overwhelming. And the scowl didn't do anything to lessen his fierce appearance.

It didn't lessen his sex appeal either—and Hayley wasn't the only one who thought so. Brigid, who could rarely stand to be still even for a second, was rendered completely immobile at his entrance. Never in her life had she been so attracted to anyone. Try as she might, she couldn't take her eyes away from him. There was just something about him that called to every feminine part of her that she had buried beneath her tomboyish clothes and attitude. He was just so ... so big and masculine and ... unbelievably gorgeous.

It's just not fair for one person to be that damn sexy! But it sure does make this world a lot more interesting.

"As you all know, my parents died when I was twelve and I moved in with my grandmother. My dad's mother." At the sound of Hayley's voice and grave words, Brigid was finally able to tear her eyes away from Kellen and bring her mind back to the situation at hand. Barely.

"What I didn't tell you is that my grandmother was a witch. Like me. We told everyone that my parents died in a car crash. But that's not true. Not even close." A humorless laugh escaped from her in her attempt to keep her report emotionless.

"They were actually murdered. She made it look like it was an accident, but she murdered them. I know because I saw it. I mean, I wasn't there, but I dreamt it. And at first I really thought it was just a dream. They had gone out to dinner for their anniversary and, for the first time, they let me stay home by myself. They said I was responsible enough to take care of myself for one night." Her eyes fell shut as the memories rushed back. It had been years since she'd really thought about that night. It had taken her so long to erase the images from her mind and she had no desire to bring them back. But they had to know. Clearly, they were a part of this. They needed to know everything.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.