Carmella Ramirez: A High School Story - Cover

Carmella Ramirez: A High School Story

Copyright© 2007 by Cylis Derrens

Chapter 5

Carmella decided try out for defense in the middle of the season. She would still be a quarterback but wanted to try something else. After a couple of practices the head coach gave her a linebacker position. She was quick and agile finding gaps in the line to make major plays. When Pete showed up after healing from his injuries her new position provided yet another bonus.

The head coach was the first to notice Carm focusing on punishing Pete, whenever she could get away with it. In one instance when he came out to block the nose guard, she aimed her helmet for Pete's side. Grunting in pain he was caught by surprise, and fell backwards. Carm rushed past him after getting up. The runback was caught low by the hit. Carm was able to lift him up and slam him to the ground stunning him.

"Dammit Ramirez! Your supposed to touch him not tackle him! And you Koshchek what the hell are you doing? You let a backer put you right on your back and she isn't even near your size. Both of you stay after practice! The rest of you hit the showers!" Coach Davis said.

Both players took a knee at their Coach's command. It was obvious that Carm didn't like Koshchek and Davis meant to find out why. Both were his star players. He needed both if the team were to play well. Pete and Carm were both good kids and it was a shame to see two former friends fighting.

"I don't know what happened that caused this, but you better fix it! Either you do that or you are both off the team and we could really use both of you. I need my players to work together not try to take the other apart." Davis said leaving it at that.

Left alone Carm and Pete looked at each other. They both knew the coach was right.

"Sorry about your side." Carm said with downcast eyes.

"Yeah sorry about cheating on you. Hope you can forgive me." Pete replied.

Offering him a hand Carm said, "Friends?"

Taking her hand and shaking it firmly Pete answered, "Friends."

Sitting on the grass Pete said, "So did I have a preview of how you usually fight?"

Raising an eyebrow Carm said, "What?"

"You talked many times about the matches you fought in. I was wondering if that was your technique or style." Pete replied.

Sitting down also Carm answered, "Pretty much I suppose. I have been told a number of people that I'm aggressive and vicious. Most of my buddies wouldn't want to face me in a fight."

Chuckling Pete said, "I can imagine. My jaw still aches a little."

Thinking for a moment Pete gathered his courage before saying, "I was wondering if you would do me the honor of accompanying me to the dance."

"Why not, every other guy is probably afraid to now." Carm said with a shrug.

"I guess I'll take that as an answer." Pete said with a smile.

Pausing for effect Pete asked, "Wait, does this mean I will actually see you in a dress?"

"Owww!" Pete cry out when Carm responded by punching in the arm.


Epilogue

Carm and the rest of her team won their season after going to state, bringing home the championship trophy. Carm was named MVP and awarded her scholarship allowing her to go to a number of schools that wanted her. As the year ran down Pete and Carm found themselves at the dance. It was a good time where they talked about the future. Both agreed that they would keep in touch no matter what.

Carm decided to continue her fighting career while going to college. It would make things difficult but even Daniels suggested an education was important for a fighter. Looking forward towards the future life looked pretty good.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.