Spirals - Cover

Spirals

Copyright© 2007 by Lellan McLemore

Chapter 36

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 36 - Meet John Robinson, high school senior. He's ready to get out of his small town and move on. His senior year is full of challenges.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Heterosexual   Slow  

By the time lunch came on Friday, it felt like everything was back to what passed for normal in my life. I grinned to myself as I considered the idea that anyone could think of the last twelve months as 'normal.' Maybe 'less turbulent' would be more accurate. Missy had called me Wednesday night, something that rarely happened before. She had picked me up and driven me to and from school. We'd walked to class talking about this and that, content just to be together. I had an epiphany, sitting there at the table, when I realized that neither 'normal' nor 'less turbulent' were exactly right. 'Happy, ' however, was the perfect word. I was happy once again.

So I was smiling when Kenny walked up to the table. "Don't know why you're so happy, Robinson. We've been abandoned," Kenny said as he plopped down across from me at the lunch table. When I looked questioningly at him, he nodded over to his left, and I saw Mary Jo, Liv, Gail, Jackie, and Missy huddled together at a table.

"That my friend is a prescription for disaster for one of us," Jesse said as he joined us.

Wally agreed.

"What's going on, John?" Bobby and Betty Lou asked as they joined us.

"I have no clue, but it can't be good."

The conversation flowed at the table, but I found my attention wandering to the other table. I wasn't the only one. I caught Kenny, Jesse and Wally all looking over there from time to time.

Before the bell rang, the girls broke up their impromptu meeting and came to claim their boyfriends. Missy and I walked behind Jesse and Mary Jo toward their Biology class.

"So what was that all about, honey?" I asked.

Missy smiled and said dismissively, "Oh, just girl talk, John. It's kinda fun every once in a while." I shrugged, and when I glanced to my right, I noticed Jackie was walking with us and realized that I owed her an apology.

After kissing Missy and pushing her into her class, I reached out and grabbed Jackie's arm.

"John?"

"I owe you an apology, Jackie. I said some very unflattering things the other day. I was angry, and I really didn't mean them. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said them or treated you like that. You've been a great friend to Missy through all this, and you didn't deserve to have me dump on you like that. Thank you for being Missy's friend."

"It's okay, John. I understood then and I forgave you. I felt a little bit stuck in the middle to be honest, and Missy was more responsible for that than you. You may have heard that she and I had a few words. I had to tell her that although she was my best friend, I thought she was wrong. You two really do belong together, and it's great to see that you two could work it out."

"I think those words may have provided the nudge Missy needed, Jackie. Thanks again," I said, giving her hand a brief squeeze before turning to head to my class.


"Hello, Mrs. Harmon," I said as she opened the door that evening.

"Hi, John. Won't you come in?" Mrs. Harmon seemed surprisingly cordial. "Melissa's not quite ready. Where are you two headed tonight?"

"Well, I had Tracey fix me a picnic dinner for two. I have a nice spot picked out. Missy and I still have a whole bunch of talking to do."

"I imagine you do, John," Mrs. Harmon replied. She started to leave the room, but then turned back to me and sighed. "I am a proud, stubborn and headstrong woman, John, but I hope that I'm not too stubborn or proud to admit when I am wrong. I have only ever wanted the best of my daughter, and I admit I was never that keen on you as Melissa's suitor, at least not before this last blow up."

She shook her head and motioned for me to have a seat. "Every time I thought I had you figured out, you'd turn around and surprise me. Take that whole mess with the Eastman girl. I was so sure I had you pegged. You were the typical high school guy. You only wanted one thing. You'd gotten bored with Olivia Eastman, and you had reset your sights on Melissa. You were going to work your way into her bed and then push her aside for yet another conquest."

Mrs. Harmon stood and moved to sit next to me. "I'm not proud of this, John, but after Missy told me that she wasn't going on any further dates, and that she was going to resume dating you, I had a few people investigate what happened between you and the Eastman girl. Contrary to what I expected to hear, they told me that not only had you rehabilitated her reputation to a great extent, but that you had helped set her up with the young man she is now seeing."

Mrs. Harmon looked away from me, staring out the window. "I was still unconvinced, and I continued to treat you badly at Melissa's birthday party. However, when Melissa came home in tears Tuesday, I found out just how wrong I was." She turned back to me and grabbed both my hands. "Missy showed me your note, John, and we talked for a long time. For the first time, I actually began to see the dreams, hopes and fears for the future inside the little girl. Between your note and that meddling old fool, Hayes, you had her tied up in knots. We cried together, something we'd never really done, not even when Harmon died. She spent nearly an hour sobbing about how she'd lost her rock, whatever that means. I'm not sure I helped much, but thanks to you, I actually got to know my daughter as a woman, and not just as the little girl I used to cuddle and tell bedtime stories to. I can see now how much you two care about one another, and I'm sorry that we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I hope you will give me another chance to get to know you."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.