Spirals - Cover

Spirals

Copyright© 2007 by Lellan McLemore

Chapter 15

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 15 - Meet John Robinson, high school senior. He's ready to get out of his small town and move on. His senior year is full of challenges.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Heterosexual   Slow  

Bobby's words didn't exactly haunt me, although I couldn't forget them either. With the drama of Betty Lou and Bobby, and with Betty Lou's inexplicable, to me at least, anger towards Missy, I just knew that Friday night at the skating rink was going to be interesting. I hadn't told Missy what Betty Lou had said because I hadn't wanted to upset her. Turns out I really didn't need to tell her anything.

Missy and I were holding hands, skating along lazily together and chatting about favorite movies as we glided across the ice, when I suddenly felt Missy tense up. "Oh, damn," she said under her breath, "and I was having such a good time, too."

"What's the matter, honey?" I asked, immediately concerned.

"Honey?" she asked, pulling us both to a stop. "You've never really called me anything but Missy before, John."

"I don't know why that came out then, Missy. It seemed natural to me, it's the way I feel, but I won't call you that if it bothers you."

She cocked her head. "No, I think I like it, John," she said, giving me a glorious smile. "My father used to call me that, and so did Junior, but I like the way you say it." Her smile was suddenly replaced by a grimace, and I saw her looking behind me.

"Missy, what is wrong?

She sighed and said, "The Coopers are here, John".

I turned and spotted Amy Sue and Betty Lou and gave them a wave. "Do you have to encourage them, John?" Missy asked.

At that moment, I knew that Missy knew. "They are my friends, Missy" I replied evenly.

"I know, John," she sighed, turning away "I'm just not sure that they're mine, not Betty Lou, anyway."

I spun her back around so that we were facing each other. "Did Betty Lou do something, honey? Do you have a problem with her?"

"No, John, I don't have a problem with her. I think Betty Lou has a problem with me, though. She's been making snide remarks to my back for the last couple of weeks. Gail and Jackie mentioned it the other day. And Debby Durr told me that Betty Lou has been bad-mouthing me in some of the classes they share."

"I'm sorry, Missy. I wasn't aware of all that."

Missy shook her head and laughed. "John, you are one of the sweetest and smartest guys I know, but there are times when you are just clueless." The brief hug she gave me took any sting from her words.

I started to say something but Missy stopped me with a firm shake of her head. "No, John, even though she's your friend, it's not your fault. Besides, she's being kind of sweet, actually. Misdirected, back stabbing and bitchy, but still sweet. She doesn't think I'm worthy of you, and all things considered, she's probably right. Even Gail was on my case the other day. I guess I'm really not that great a girlfriend."

I was speechless, not knowing even how to respond to such a ridiculous statement. "Missy, honey, do you hear me complaining?" I asked finally.

"No, I don't," Missy replied promptly, "but you're too nice a guy to complain, even when you probably should."

"Complain?" I asked blankly. "What in the world would I complain about?"

Missy rolled her eyes. "Well, as an example, Gail couldn't believe that I haven't let you do more when we park. After all, we have been dating for almost two months."

She paused as if weighing something. "I probably shouldn't tell you this, but when Jackie said that the reason you don't complain is that if I dumped you you'd go for weeks without a date, Gail just looked at her and laughed. Gail told both of us that she'd ask you out the minute I dropped you, and that it wouldn't take you two months to get into her panties. Then she told me that if I didn't get my head out of my ass, I was going to be the one going weeks without a date."

You could have knocked me over with a feather. I had no idea that Gail Carson was interested in me.

"But, Missy," I protested. "We've talked about this before. You don't have to..."

Missy hugged me tightly and put her hands on both of my cheeks. "I know you keep saying that, John. And I believe you, but I'm not so sure that Gail isn't right."

Amy Sue chose that moment to skate over to us and say hello, cutting off any further conversation. Missy gave her a genuine smile and asked Amy Sue how her mother was doing.

"Betty Lou and I are giving her a break. We brought our brothers with us so Mom and Dad can relax tonight. She's going in for another round of treatment tomorrow."

"How are her spirits holding up?" Missy asked.

Amy Sue gave a sad little shrug. "I can tell it's hard for her," she said, "but she puts on an amazing front, trying to help keep our spirits up. It kills me to see her like that but it's obviously so important to her that we all go along with the act, pretending we're fooled. Dad tries, but I think she needs someone outside the family to talk to."

"I'll make sure I stop in and see her on Sunday then," Missy said softly. "Maybe she'll talk to me."

Amy Sue gave Missy a quick hug. "Thank you, Missy!" I could see tears in her eyes.

I must have looked confused because Amy Sue smiled through the tears and put her hand on my arm. "Missy stops in to see Mom whenever she's in the hospital. You did know that your girlfriend volunteers at the hospital on Sundays and Wednesdays, didn't you John? You're a pretty lucky guy, John; your girlfriend is special."

I had known that Missy did volunteer work at the hospital, but I'd never realized that might mean she'd know Mrs. Cooper. I smiled and nodded. "While there is a lot else I might not know, Amy Sue, I have always known that Missy is wonderful girlfriend, and very, very special." I said the last directly to Missy.

"Well," Amy Sue laughed, "you two obviously don't need a third wheel, and Betty Lou is looking pretty annoyed, so I'd better go." She waved as she skated back towards her family.

"Well," I told Missy as I started us skating again, "regardless of what is happening between you and Betty Lou, it certainly appears that you and Amy Sue are good friends."

"I don't know about good friends," Missy replied, "but she is such a sweet girl. I really thought you two would be great together. You know, when you dated back in September."

"No spark," I shrugged.

"Yeah, that's what she said."

I shook my head. We skated quietly, just enjoying each other's company for a while. Every time we passed Betty Lou, she looked daggers at Missy. I'm not sure Missy saw, but I sure did, and I was getting pretty damned annoyed.

The deejay changed the music and Missy wanted to take a break. "I'm sorry, John. I'm a little tired. Why don't you go skate with one of the twins while I rest a bit."

"Are you sure? I can sit with you for awhile."

"No, it's okay. Go. I know how much you like to skate." She kissed me and then stepped off the ice.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.